[Personal Information Processing Policy]
Pearl Abyss (He reinafter referred to as “Pearl Abyss” or the “Company”) collects, uses and provides personal information based on the members’ consent and actively assures the right of members' (the right of self-determination on personal information).
Pearl Abyss adheres to the privacy policies and guidelines of the Korea. "Personal Information Processing Policy" means the guidelines that Pearl Abyss must follow in order to protect users' valuable personal information so that users can use the service with peace of mind.
This Personal Information Processing Policy applies to services that are provided by Pearl Abyss through or in direct relation to this website(https://xbox.playblackdesert.com/), and the terms "Services” or “Services provided by Pearl Abyss" hereinafter refer to the services of the above scope.
1. Pearl Abyss collects the following personal information from users.
Pearl Abyss collects users’ personal information under the following principles.
1) Pearl Abyss collects the minimum amount of personal information required to provide Services.
Pearl Abyss collects personal information as follows. However, this information is based on the time when the user confirmed, and in case of collecting additional personal information of the user, the company will notify of the situation and obtain consent from the user in advance.
·When the user uses the Service
The Company collects and uses the following personal information when the user uses the Services.
- Items collected at the time of sign-up
1) Items required: Login ID (E-MAIL address),
2) Optional items: Mobile phone number (optional), Mobile Carrier company information (optional), Gamertag(optional)
- Items collected during service use: the Company can selectively collect email address, cell phone number and Gamertag through event entry, fax, phone call, email, a written letter, delivery from partner company, and customer center.
- Automatically collected items during service use: Service use records such as IP address, cookies, date of visit, inappropriate use history, and device information may be generated and collected during the service use process.
2) Pearl Abyss does not collect sensitive information(sensitive data).
Pearl Abyss does not collect any sensitive information (race, ideology, principles, political inclination or criminal records, medical information, etc.) that may infringe on the user's human rights in any case, however in case the company collects it inevitably in accordance with the obligations set forth by laws and regulations, the company must obtain prior consent from the users.
2. For what purpose does Pearl Abyss use personal information?
Pearl Abyss will only use your valuable personal information for the following purposes and will ask for your consent beforehand in case changes are made to the purposes.
1) It is used to identify the user, confirm the intention to join, or prevent unauthorized and/or inappropriate use.
2) It is used to provide various services of Pearl Abyss to users and process user inquiries and complaints during the use of the service and to communicate announcements.
3) It is used for information delivery, marketing, and advertising etc to announce new service developments or opportunities to participate in an event.
4) It is used to provide customized services and improve services through users' service usage history, access frequency analysis and statistics on service usage.
3. How long will Pearl Abyss use personal information?
Pearl Abyss only uses the user's personal information in a limited manner from the time you signed up and started to use the service to the time you are provided with the service. If the user requests a withdrawal of the consent to the collection and use of the personal information or requests a deactivation of membership, or if the purpose of collection and use is achieved or the period of use and retention is ended, the personal information of the user will be destroyed without delay.
(Attention: User’s request for deletion of the personal information shall be regarded as request for termination of provision of the Services and the Company assume that the service contract has been suspended. As a result, you will not be able to log in to your account and use related services after the deletion request.)
However, the personal identification value (CI) of the user's personal information must be stored securely in a separate storage space separated from the existing storage space for 3 months to prevent confusion and misuse of the service.
And the company will keep personal information for a certain period of time in accordance with the provisions of relevant laws and regulations.
4. The company may provide personal information to third parties to provide the users with more variety of services as follows:
"Providing a third party with personal information" is not an essential part to provide the service, but it is to provide a third party with personal information collected for the purpose of providing various services to users and improving service quality, etc.
Pearl Abyss may provide the user's personal information to third parties for the purposes necessary to use the Services. In this case, the company is obliged to obtain consent from the user in accordance with laws and regulations, and the information will be used only for the limited manner; the purpose of using the personal information, the items of personal information to be provided, and the period of use will be separately disclosed
However, the following cases are exceptions.
1) The information is essential to provide various services promised to users but for which Pearl Abyss find it very difficult to obtain consent due to economic reasons or technical reasons.
2) When the information is necessary for the settlement of fees for service provision
3) When national authorities such as a court etc make enforcements to provide personal information of the users in accordance with laws and regulations.
5. How does Pearl Abyss dispose of personal information collected from the users?
Pearl Abyss promises to dispose the information of the user without delay after "the purpose of collection and use of personal information" is achieved.
However, the personal identification value (CI) of the user's personal information is stored in a separate storage space separated from the existing storage space for 3 months from the date of membership deactivation or consent withdrawal. It is stored for a certain period of time in accordance with the internal guidelines and relevant laws and regulations before destruction. The personal information that is stored separately at that moment is never used for other purposes than settling complaints and dispute from user/member and observing the law. When the retention period ends, the company will use a technological method to completely erase the information in a way that it cannot be reproduced, and the information printed on paper will be destroyed by shredding or incineration.
6.Pearl Abyss protect the rights of the users including minor
Pearl Abyss protects the users' rights as follows:
1) The user can view and modify his or her personal information registered at any time. In order to view / modify personal information, the user may directly do so through 'Change Member Information' or 'Customer Center' after going through the identity verification process.
2) At any time, you may withdraw your consent to provide personal information and ask for termination of membership.
3) Pearl Abyss guarantees the right for a minor, as legally defined where Pearl Abyss provides its services, to legal representation. However, if a minor signs up for our services, it shall be deemed they have gained the consent of the legal representative upon accepting this agreement. The Company is not liable for any losses incurred as a consequence of the user being found to have used our services without obtaining the consent of the legal representative.
4) In order to use and provide accurate personal information, user's personal information will not be used or provided until the changes are made completely. In addition, if the information has already been provided to a third party, we will make the third party informed of the changes and reflect them without any delay.
7. Cookie is installed and running and the user can decline it.
1) What is Cookie?
Cookie is a very small text file sent to the user's browser by the server used to run the website and Cookie is stored in your computer.
2) Why does Pearl Abyss use Cookie?
Pearl Abyss uses Cookie to store the settings that user prefers etc, which helps provide even faster web environment and it is used to improve services for the users' convenience. This makes it easier for the users to take advantage of the Service.
Pearl Abyss also analyzes the frequency of visits to various services, the duration of visits, the degree of participation in various events, the number of visits, and so on to understand the tastes and interests of users. Based on this, the company provides services customized to each individual including advertising.
3) If the user wants to decline collection of Cookie?
The user has the option of installing Cookie. As a result, the user can allow all Cookies by setting options in your web browser, or make a check every time Cookie is saved, or refuse to save all Cookies. However, if the user refuses to install Cookies, there may be difficulty in using some services that require cookies which may give less than optimal user experience.
Examples for setting option
①For Internet Explorer:
Tools menu at the top of the web browser> Internet Options>Privacy>Set
Settings menu on the right side of the web browser> advanced settings at the bottom of the screen> Content settings button for privacy> Cookies
8. We make the following efforts to protect the user's valuable personal information.
Pearl Abyss considers the user's personal information to be sensitive and makes the following efforts in handling your personal information:
1) We encrypt your personal information.
Pearl Abyss transmits personal information of the user using the encrypted communication section and encrypts important information such as passwords etc.
2) We make efforts to protect personal information against hacking and computer viruses.
Pearl Abyss installs its system in a controlled area where external access is restricted to prevent your personal information from being leaked or damaged by hacking or computer viruses etc.We have installed a system, that monitors 24 hours a day, to detect and block intruders such as hackers etc. We make continuous efforts to prevent the system from getting infected with the latest malicious code or virus by keeping our anti-virus softwares up to date.We are also constantly researching and applying new hacking / security technologies to our services.
3) We minimize the people who have access to your valuable personal information.
Pearl Abyss minimizes the number of employees handling personal information and reduces the risk of personal information leakage by blocking the use of external Internet services on business PCs. In addition, for the database system that stores personal information and the system that processes personal information, we have established systematic standards for creation and changes of passwords, the right to access, and conducting continuous audits.
4) Employees are regularly educated about the protection of personal information of users. Regular education and campaigns on obligations and security of personal information are conducted for all employees who handle personal information.
9. We designated the person responsible for protection of personal information.
Pearl Abyss has designated selected personel to protect your personal information and to resolve any questions or complaints. Please contact our Customer Support at any time and we will respond promptly and fully.
10. For EEA users
(1) Pearl Abyss may obtain and use personal information in the following cases as allowed by the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR").
① When it is necessary to make agreements with you or regarding any procedures, before entering into agreements.
② When it is based on legitimate interests pursued by Pearl Abyss or third parties;
For example, surveying and analyzing users’ access history to our website, sharing and storing your inquiry history within the company, or to send you marketing emails.
③ When Pearl Abyss receives an agreement from you.
④ When Pearl Abyss is given permission to process personal information in accordance with the GDPR.
(2) When Pearl Abyss handles your personal information for purposes other than stated above, it will provide you with the required information in advance, in accordance with relevant laws and regulations when handling such personal information.
(3) The personal information you are requested to provide may be necessary to provide our services to you. Therefore, you may not be able to use our services when you refuse to provide such information.
When we ask you to consent to specific agreements, you may freely decide whether to agree or not. Your agreement may be withdrawn at any time; however it will not affect the processing of information which has already been carried out before your withdrawal.
(5) Pearl Abyss will store personal information obtained from you as long as it is deemed necessary to accomplish their purposes, in accordance with our internal regulations.
(6) Pearl Abyss may share personal information with contractors, service providers, affiliates, or other third parties, to the extent necessary for the purposes of use specified above.
- Outside the EEA, the level of the data protection laws and regulations may be lower than the EEA. Therefore, your personal information may not be able to receive the same rights as those in the EEA.
- Your personal information may be disclosed to third parties located outside the EEA.
- In order to accomplish the purposes aforementioned above, your personal information may be provided to Pearl Abyss and to third parties located outside the EEA, where your personal information may be processed by the third parties.
(8) When Pearl Abyss transfers your personal information from the Republic of Korea to any regions outside the EEA, Pearl Abyss will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information by providing appropriate protections such as forming standard contracts with third parties in outside regions.
(9) You may exercise the right to access, change, delete, and restrict processing or transferring of data in certain cases. However, you can only exercise those rights concerning personal information handled by Pearl Abyss to the extent the GDPR allows.
(10) You have the right to object, to us or to the appropriate supervisory data protection authority in your region regarding the processing of your personal information.
(11) Pearl Abyss determines the purpose and means to handle personal information. For questions regarding your information, please contact us via email.
The contact information of our data protection officer is provided below.
Mr.Heo (DPO of Pearl Abyss Corp. (Simin-daero 327 beon-gil Dongan-gu, Anyang-si, Gyeonggi-do,14055, Rep. of KOREA)
Personal Information Inquiry Contact
Last revision on: 6/10/2018