ekokthx

Revert Drastic PvE Monster Changes

@CM_Valtarra @CM Trent @CM Valencia  

I too am seeing what seems to be longer lasting lag spikes. Before the update, the lag was only but a mere stutter here and there. Now it seems to last for multiple seconds and has yielded a few ghildmates death with the loss of expensive crystals. I have since stopped grinding in Hystria because of the lackluster attention to detail in this area with this update. I know there were mentioning of "finding" new rotations, but Hystria is a delicate "room based" grinding environment and when all but two rooms are useful now, the loot has severely suffered and most of all of our guild that grinds there have given up. Aakman has a few rooms which have improved while others are useless. It seems for Hystria, tons of mobs were left in the hallways leading up to useful rooms but some of the rooms were completely obliterated on entire sides, removing the ability to grind in a circular motion. Also, without a "movement" class such as a lahn or a musa the grind here is much more painful to endure and so therefore classes such as Sorc, Mystic are having a really rough time getting the same amount of loot and are pretty much finding the grind not worth it. I am going back to AFK lifeskilling and sadness because I had finally got the AP to effectively grind in hystria and didn't want to have to return to Mirumuk with the rest of the population of BDO. Even with less mobs in the game the lag is even more intense, and now with less to gain from putting up with it. And thus, the will to grind has been flattened.

Sorry for all the length but I have tried to grind there and so have many of us in Arsha. 

I loved this game and the grind but my goals have been pulled even further from myself.

Edited by TastyNuggz
  • Like 1

Please Revert this garbage monster reduction  patch. Tested hysteria on different rotations for 10 hours. On average it’s 15% reduction in trash loot per hour. And I tried every different way to pull mobs together.

if anything , reduce pixels by 35% once combat starts with mobs. I really don’t need all the sparkly effects.

• Like 3

This honestly hasn't made anything better and I'm on PS4 pro if players were struggling in pve before it had to be there net also the stuttering they need to stop looking at band-aid fixes and figure out a way to tone down the skill effects and graphical detail on everything and look at the graphic capabilities of the cards in these systems my old r9 290x handles this game easy because it's a PC and can tone down graphical settings where here we are locked into we need this not crappy half thought out solutions 

Screenshot_20200213-120057.png

• Like 2

@TastyNuggz @CM Trent @CM_Valtarra @CM Valencia

I completely agree before the update there was little stutter here and there but they were tolerable without bothering me but now I'm having complete lockups and crashes now. It completely angers me that the one update they said would help with performance did the opposite it shows that any drastic change goes untested and is not thought through this sort of change shouldn't have come in without any testing on a actual test server that's not empty. Really wish they announced what they are doing to right their wrong.

I had no problems before the mob nerf. Also quit BDX and back to playing BDO on pc.

Thanks Pearl Abyss, for ruining your game!

Also stopped my xbox live gold.

As a veteran player on pc, you have to have constant mobs and tons of them. For people who grind, which are the majority.

Also your game is far behind on trash loot prices, while the market place armor is too highly priced to match any way of farming silver to make enough to afford a pen set of boss armor.

I would have stayed on the Xbox version if they hadn't messed with the mob percentage, I enjoyed being able to play Black Desert on my 50 inch 4k which I can not do on my gaming laptop.

On 2/5/2020 at 5:07 PM, ekokthx said:

Maybe you have a greater vision with the Xbox and PS4 merger to balance performance... but it just isn't worth changing the core of the game for. It was still very functional before. It's a different game with this change.

Per the original concern, it looks like the rush in optimization for Xbox & PS4 cross play/merger was likely the case.  Although it has terraformed the game in a bit of an extreme way with the 40% monster reduction.  I can only hope that more immediate/additional tweaking to the monster spawns are performed (especially for Hystria) and the pros outweigh the cons in the future.

Source:
https://www.console.playblackdesert.com/News/Detail?boardNo=3324&category=0

blackdesertnotes_20200217.png

//Edit: accidentally double posted due to the "Submit Reply" easily duplicating responses upon submission, sorry

Edited by ekokthx

1 hour ago, ekokthx said:

Per the original concern, it looks like the rush in optimization for Xbox & PS4 cross play/merger was likely the case.  Although it has terraformed the game in a bit of an extreme way with the 40% monster reduction.  I can only hope that more immediate/additional tweaking to the monster spawns are performed (especially for Hystria) and the pros outweigh the cons in the future.

Source:
https://www.console.playblackdesert.com/News/Detail?boardNo=3324&category=0

blackdesertnotes_20200217.png

//Edit: accidentally double posted due to the "Submit Reply" easily duplicating responses upon submission, sorry

I'm on PS4 and hoping I can actually opt out of this o don't care about cross-platform personally and they do know that the 40% mob reduction hasn't actually improved gameplay right? Still getting the same horrible stuttering and freezes and even more crashes now right? I know the crashes for me have actually gotten worse but as far as any improvement there hasn't been any as well as the hide character function is crap and rarely actually works 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seeing way more stuttering/freezing in rbg too since the last update. Might consider just reducing max players to 50 and reducing pixel effects by 25% to start. 

Pve monster reduction has done nothing to improve performance . They need to work on z axis optimization. There’s some floors of ackman that are horrendous lag if someone is on the next floor.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shs129 said:

Seeing way more stuttering/freezing in rbg too since the last update. Might consider just reducing max players to 50 and reducing pixel effects by 25% to start. 

Pve monster reduction has done nothing to improve performance . They need to work on z axis optimization. There’s some floors of ackman that are horrendous lag if someone is on the next floor.

True, when I'm at aakman I noticed the screen can literally freeze for few seconds during which I don't even know if I'm dead already or not. This was not happening before the last update so it is really sketchy to grind there at times. It seems that any patch that improves performance for potato xbox ruins the experience on one X.. 

That's just yet another miserable attempt to fix something by breaking something else. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mmalec said:

I always tend to believe that motives are less atruistic and more money oriented.

Being altruistic and actually doing something for your playerbase is niche. I don't know any devs or publishers give a damn about us. 

"Cross-play servers will have cross-play in their name, then the platform specific channels will be shown only to that platform"

https://www.console.playblackdesert.com/News/Detail?boardNo=3393&category=0

Well, it looks like they will be supporting platform specific channels.  It is possible they will consider reverting the 40% monster reduction for certain channels.  Although, from a technical perspective, it is likely these servers will read from the same spawn table.. so it could be a slim chance to see the original PvE experience. 

Even though it is unfortunate that some players were lost due to the 40% monster reduction change, I do look forward to having more players with the cross-play.  Potential complications aside, maybe some of them will come back once it's a bit more exciting/renewed.

I feel that from now on development updates will be more streamlined though since they have normalized the game for both platforms and can unify updates.  I'm hoping for the best with new content to come soon and a more reliable roadmap.

• Like 1

Doing a PEN roulette on PC, did they really nerf the mob to 40% on the xbox version? If so that is total garbage! Please let me know, heavy grinders need those mobs or the games done for...

If the xbox versions mobs are not that much lowered I would come back to this version so I am debating on which to stick with, pen roulette on pc only if the xbox version is still viable to grind mobs.

5 hours ago, Fury091014 said:

If the xbox versions mobs are not that much lowered I would come back to this version so I am debating on which to stick with, pen roulette on pc only if the xbox version is still viable to grind mobs.

Total mobs are reduced by 40% but that's all mobs how hard the change feels is really dependent on where you are grinding because they upped respawn rate so you can make smaller or alternate rotations places I felt the biggest downside are aakman, hystria and polly forest

15 hours ago, Grimicle said:

Total mobs are reduced by 40% but that's all mobs how hard the change feels is really dependent on where you are grinding because they upped respawn rate so you can make smaller or alternate rotations places I felt the biggest downside are aakman, hystria and polly forest

Yeah I tried pollys and fadus lastnight and was in shock of how much they lowered it...

Being totally under geared and no silver hitting lvl 60 on x box version I am losing hope in even trying.

PC version however is fine, I have my 4 year account but I am really wanting to get into x box games due to issues with my arm and hand. Medical issues...

On 2/21/2020 at 9:57 AM, Rocketfuel77777 said:

Being altruistic and actually doing something for your playerbase is niche. I don't know any devs or publishers give a damn about us. 

You've not heard of Hello Games then. 

On 2/23/2020 at 6:15 AM, Yiazzy said:

You've not heard of Hello Games then. 

Hello Games and shaun the liar who, back in the day, said his game is multiplayer and two players exposed him while being in the same place at the same time and couldn't see themselves?No thank you lol. 

On 2/24/2020 at 7:06 AM, Rocketfuel77777 said:

Hello Games and shaun the liar who, back in the day, said his game is multiplayer and two players exposed him while being in the same place at the same time and couldn't see themselves?No thank you lol. 

....oh is it 2016 again? 

Look up what has actually happened with the game since, THEN judge it. 

6 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

....oh is it 2016 again? 

Look up what has actually happened with the game since, THEN judge it. 

Sometimes first impression is the last impression and the company got huge backlash after doing what I described before. So, my judgement was to never buy this game. 
I understand some people might have given the game second chance. 

4 minutes ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

Sometimes first impression is the last impression and the company got huge backlash after doing what I described before. So, my judgement was to never buy this game. 
I understand some people might have given the game second chance. 

I'm assuming you too, are a multi-console owner? 

I didn't have a PS4 back in 2016. So I got it in 2018 when it came out on xbox, and it was already hugely different to the mess described by angry PS4 players. 

They've changed it a hell of a lot more since then as well, and unlike PA, HG haven't charged us for anything other than the base game. No micros, no paid dlcs. Everything they do is to make the game better for the players. 

Example, your original point of multiplayer. That's been in since 2018 when I bought it. It's since been refined. Meeting randos a fair bit nowadays. 

15 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

I'm assuming you too, are a multi-console owner? 

I didn't have a PS4 back in 2016. So I got it in 2018 when it came out on xbox, and it was already hugely different to the mess described by angry PS4 players. 

They've changed it a hell of a lot more since then as well, and unlike PA, HG haven't charged us for anything other than the base game. No micros, no paid dlcs. Everything they do is to make the game better for the players. 

Example, your original point of multiplayer. That's been in since 2018 when I bought it. It's since been refined. Meeting randos a fair bit nowadays. 

I was OG Ps4 user since day one and I switched to xbox one x once it launched solely for BDX, then I sold my ps4. When the game launched on PS4 it was in the state you've just described. One big shameful lie. 

I'm not denying the game was finally fixed, I just don't give second chances. Too many people give devs pats on the shoulders instead of bashing them for screwing something up. Due to this, we ended up with PA devs not listening to the players at all. 

3 hours ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

I was OG Ps4 user since day one and I switched to xbox one x once it launched solely for BDX, then I sold my ps4. When the game launched on PS4 it was in the state you've just described. One big shameful lie. 

I'm not denying the game was finally fixed, I just don't give second chances. Too many people give devs pats on the shoulders instead of bashing them for screwing something up. Due to this, we ended up with PA devs not listening to the players at all. 

Yeah, but you can't condemn Devs forever for one thing.