Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dr INF3RNO

Unpopular opinion - 40% less screen freeze

Recommended Posts

So yeah, im not a grinder duh but hear me out.

Im honestly experiencing a smoother gameplay since patch (pollys, hot spotfishing) and i even did some rbf (shocking, i know.) And it went 99% without any screen freezes... I ACTUALLY ENJOYED PVP WOOOT!

So lets look at whats out there right now on the forums and discord discord. The most people who are complaining are the end game grinders, who consist a small percentage of the player base yet the most dedicated and probably the ones that spend most $ on the game.

Now, im not saying they're wrong but i am saying its a bit of an exaggeration on their behalf.

Here's what i think should be done - keep the 40% of mobs removed BUT do it more efficiently. Here's how you do it:

1. Dont remove mobs from small packs but remove entire packs from the rotation.

2. Remove higher percentage of mobs from less popular spots i.e. mansha forest, sausans, sulfur mines, balenos imps etc..

3. Don't remove elites (thats just silly)

4. Make respawn time 75% faster than the original time (make rotations smaller)

*5.consider increasing trash value in popular spots - if all else fails.

Also, lets put things into perspective. People are crying about making less money from end-game grinding is like billioners crying about getting taxed like everyone else. Not everyone has the gear u got and if you already got that gear why should you get even more silver. To get PENs and be even more OP? The scene is unbalanced as it is already with p2w mechanics. You shouldn't have this kind of Monopoly over lower geared people.

Just my 2 cents.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

So yeah, im not a grinder duh but hear me out.

Im honestly experiencing a smoother gameplay since patch (pollys, hot spotfishing) and i even did some rbf (shocking, i know.) And it went 99% without any screen freezes... I ACTUALLY ENJOYED PVP WOOOT!

So lets look at whats out there right now on the forums and discord discord. The most people who are complaining are the end game grinders, who consist a small percentage of the player base yet the most dedicated and probably the ones that spend most $ on the game.

Now, im not saying they're wrong but i am saying its a bit of an exaggeration on their behalf.

Here's what i think should be done - keep the 40% of mobs removed BUT do it more efficiently. Here's how you do it:

1. Dont remove mobs from small packs but remove entire packs from the rotation.

2. Remove higher percentage of mobs from less popular spots i.e. mansha forest, sausans, sulfur mines, balenos imps etc..

3. Don't remove elites (thats just silly)

4. Make respawn time 75% faster than the original time (make rotations smaller)

*5.consider increasing trash value in popular spots - if all else fails.

Also, lets put things into perspective. People are crying about making less money from end-game grinding is like billioners crying about getting taxed like everyone else. Not everyone has the gear u got and if you already got that gear why should you get even more silver. To get PENs and be even more OP? The scene is unbalanced as it is already with p2w mechanics. You shouldn't have this kind of Monopoly over lower geared people.

Just my 2 cents.

If you stopped yourself from writing this last part of your post about PENs etc I would have taken it seriously but man, can you be more of a egocentric the-best-lifeskiller-bot- wannabe than you are now ? Cause you obviously don’t give a damn about anything else than life skills where the strongest active way of money making is getting ruined. 
 

How do you even fit your head through the door ? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

If you stopped yourself from writing this last part of your post about PENs etc I would have taken it seriously but man, can you be more of a egocentric the-best-lifeskiller-bot- wannabe than you are now ? Cause you obviously don’t give a damn about anything else than life skills where the strongest active way of money making is getting ruined. 
 

How do you even fit your head through the door ? 

Just because you spend every waking hour mindlessly grinding till you want to commit stop living doesn't mean thats the only activity in the game. Lifeskills are nothing compared to high end grinding silver making-wise. So im "sorry" for expressing an opinion on how its nice that the game changed in favor of more stability on the "expense" of a small group of sweaty grinders that PA been pandering since 2016. 

Do your self a favor and look at the bigger picture and don't make a fool out of yourself with this kind of shitposting. Real sad to see.

Also if you got a problem with me on a personal level you're free to dm me and ill make sure to return to you within 3-5 business days kappa.

Edited by Dr INF3NRO
Typos
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's ways to make everyone happy but PA didn't think of anything such as increasing drop rates or the price of trash loot items that way everyone is happy

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

Just because you spend every waking hour mindlessly grinding till you want to commit stop living doesn't mean thats the only activity in the game. Lifeskills are nothing compared to high end grinding silver making-wise. So im "sorry" for expressing an opinion on how its nice that the game changed in favor of more stability on the "expense" of a small group of sweaty grinders that PA been pandering since 2016. 

Do your self a favor and look at the bigger picture and don't make a fool out of yourself with this kind of shitposting. Real sad to see.

Also if you got a problem with me on a personal level you're free to dm me and ill make sure to return to you within 3-5 business days kappa.

You would be the first here bragging about how bad PA is if something like this would happen to any of your “non brain dead” life skills. Oh sorry, you have been crying since day one “MARGORIA OMG”. 

Since you have barely anything in common with grinding do us a favor and go sell your things for the minimum to stay on top of everyone by all means. You’re a CM meme. 

Edited by Rocketfuel77777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

So yeah, im not a grinder duh but hear me out.

Im honestly experiencing a smoother gameplay since patch (pollys, hot spotfishing) and i even did some rbf (shocking, i know.) And it went 99% without any screen freezes... I ACTUALLY ENJOYED PVP WOOOT!

Unfortunately, I am not in the same boat. I recorded a clip last night to show my guild what I mean. 

I'm hitting the walls every 9s or so. On only a T6 Sprint Mount, not even Level 30 or with +10 Horseshoes. 

Now, I have an SSD. A good one. I can't fathom any particular reason why I'm affected so badly. 

It's actually worse for me now than it was before the update! NO LOGIC 😂

 

Oh, and it's Lorenya. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am writing this from the perspective of an xbox s user without an ssd hard drive. From evaluations I know that this runs 10% faster than the og. But I want the gamer of the og to have the same feeling as me or even the xbox x.

So, I am not the hardcore grinder but I have made huge differences at two different spots. With Fogans it is much easier to grind than before (smaller round because of faster spawn time), with Gahaz it is much worse. My favorite spot has unfortunately become unprofitable but I have found a replacement. I can not say for sure whether it is really better now because I have not created any Excel spreadsheets and I will not do this either because I just want to enjoy the game and do not want to use my business studies to work more profitably here and there. Like 80% of the player base, I rely on the freaks on the Internet who, for example, earn their RL business with these guides on YT.

In the stream you said that the party spots in kama are not affected. That means you have the possibility to define the number of individual areas. Mass spots like sausans, fogans ect. Reduce 40% and the lower number of npcs like aakman ect. leave as before.What I would like to contribute is: The game is probably. 10-15% better (rendering) but far from very playable. The game is still stuttering with movements and there are still these loading walls - not as often but they are there (I was in Valencia at night (EU), I think alone, maybe 2-3 more players and me had (without horse) loading walls).

RBF is significantly better but these invisibility effects from players (through iframes, dodge or whatever) are still over the top.

In total, you now have to weigh up whether the changes of 40% less npcs really make the decisive impact for better gaming.

From the feeling: No, but it's just a feeling.

I can not evaluate the effort it takes to implement the solutions mentioned by the player community, potato mode, ui adjustments, effects of other players on / off ect. After all, they are working on finding solutions - that's a positive thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yiazzy said:

Unfortunately, I am not in the same boat. I recorded a clip last night to show my guild what I mean. 

I'm hitting the walls every 9s or so. On only a T6 Sprint Mount, not even Level 30 or with +10 Horseshoes. 

Now, I have an SSD. A good one. I can't fathom any particular reason why I'm affected so badly. 

It's actually worse for me now than it was before the update! NO LOGIC 😂

 

Oh, and it's Lorenya. 

Oi o/

 

Are u using the one x? I got a pretty fast t7 and never hit any walls. But am with my og, cant even load residence without a 5s freeze.

1 hour ago, Valderama said:

 

Thanks for sharing an honest and well written opinion. :)

Edited by Dr INF3NRO
Shorter quote, grammer
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

You would be the first here bragging about how bad PA is if something like this would happen to any of your “non brain dead” life skills. Oh sorry, you have been crying since day one “MARGORIA OMG”. 

Since you have barely anything in common with grinding do us a favor and go sell your things for the minimum to stay on top of everyone by all means. You’re a CM meme. 

Jesus can you cry any more? Don't even start on Lifeskilling. Lifeskillers have always been **** on in BDO. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

Oi o/

 

Are u using the one x? I got a pretty fast t7 and never hit any walls. But am with my og, cant even load residence without a 5s freeze.

Ey-yo! o7

Nah, I have the One S. Which could be a considerable factor, for sure. Residences have been a pain for a while, nice long freeze on entering, nice longer freeze on trying to bring up Place Mode. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yiazzy said:

Ey-yo! o7

Nah, I have the One S. Which could be a considerable factor, for sure. Residences have been a pain for a while, nice long freeze on entering, nice longer freeze on trying to bring up Place Mode. 

You need to get a SSD I got one for my S and game runs soo much better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well thats strange. I got xbox one x and i got ssd. I didint notice any really visible performsnce for better. Still got freezes on rbf, mass pvp.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rapucapu said:

Well thats strange. I got xbox one x and i got ssd. I didint notice any really visible performsnce for better. Still got freezes on rbf, mass pvp.

I'll agree here. I get some serious, few second freezes once in a while since the update. Same setup, one X with ssd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have much of a problem with my SSD setup, however, I did revert back to standard HHD to test it out and it is still terrible on the standard Xbox One X system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Grimicle said:

You need to get a SSD I got one for my S and game runs soo much better

I have one, that's why I'm posting about it. Because even with one, my performance has been worse since the update. 

It's all in the interest of data, of course. I'm not whining, sure it's irritating but it is what it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fix, following PA's logic, is simple. Let's wipe another 40% of mobs and 60% of trees and other gather-able objects cause they also put strain on the hardware too! How about we also remove 40% of sheep or water mass which is useless anyway. 

I will retract myself from forums wars cause I might have gone a little overboard already.  It's all cause I'm very disappointed  this game is headed in a very bad direction because the devs have no idea how to optimize it without gimping the experience. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

I might have gone a little overboard already.

tom.jpg.c69398ae0c8be3a84219f5ebdd08229f.jpg

16 minutes ago, Yiazzy said:

I have one, that's why I'm posting about it. Because even with one, my performance has been worse since the update. 

It's all in the interest of data, of course. I'm not whining, sure it's irritating but it is what it is. 

Its funny cause i remember trying rbf a while back and it went so shitty and froze all the time but this last weekend i did like 7 back to back rbfs and it was actually fun. @AWildSlim can confirm lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is not a war but an open discussion about the problems that the game obviously has.

I have explained it many times: They offer the game for the xbox (original) as the smallest unit. This must be the pace.

Now YOU say but I paid more money (console and SSD) so I expect to get more (better) performance. But did you pay the money to PA or to the hardware manufacturer (s)? What does PA mean that you have bought better hardware, do you think smaller console owners do not pay for PA and can therefore expect less performance? Or is the logic of who can afford better hardware automatically adds more money to the game?

Now YOU will answer again, yes, but they say it has been optimized for xbox x. Then you should ask yourself what specific advantages do you hope for? I say: Better graphics but no faster performance. I mean we're talking about a core pvp game. What is the point of the smaller consoles being just cannon fodder if they just have no chance to win a pvp fight?

Now you're probably going to argue, but that's normal on a PC. Again I explained it before, the consoles people want a uniform system WITHOUT who has the better graphics card, who has the faster processor, who has the better mouse with the most buttons etc. Or why do you think they don't provide a mouse and keyboard support?

It's bad enough that a faster internet can make a big difference.

To the people who think these benefits are good for your PvP? What satisfaction do you get in a car race when you win a Formula 1 car against a street car?

He looks at 1-2 races and will then leave the race track. The game offers you the opportunity to develop a Formula 1 car using the software (ingame), not the hardware. We need the opportunity to pimp up the software. As a setting in the options.

So, the logic is, we want to make money from all console variants. Not just from a "smaller group" that the xobx x equips with ssd. YOU are supposed to spend your money on PA not on hardware. I admit better hardware makes it easier for PA but I don't think the game made it into the Microsoft Store to work only for the xbox x.

When a group of people are attacked by a bear, you don't have to be the fastest, you just have to be faster than the slowest.

Please - end this mindset ...

... and take the arm of the last one fleeing from the bear and save everyone. This ego thinking brings nothing and only splits. We vs. PA, X vs. og, lifeskiler vs. Grinder we're all in the same boat. And when the Titanic goes down, the luxury cabins go too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Valderama said:

It is not a war but an open discussion about the problems that the game obviously has.

I have explained it many times: They offer the game for the xbox (original) as the smallest unit. This must be the pace.

Now YOU say but I paid more money (console and SSD) so I expect to get more (better) performance. But did you pay the money to PA or to the hardware manufacturer (s)? What does PA mean that you have bought better hardware, do you think smaller console owners do not pay for PA and can therefore expect less performance? Or is the logic of who can afford better hardware automatically adds more money to the game?

Now YOU will answer again, yes, but they say it has been optimized for xbox x. Then you should ask yourself what specific advantages do you hope for? I say: Better graphics but no faster performance. I mean we're talking about a core pvp game. What is the point of the smaller consoles being just cannon fodder if they just have no chance to win a pvp fight?

Now you're probably going to argue, but that's normal on a PC. Again I explained it before, the consoles people want a uniform system WITHOUT who has the better graphics card, who has the faster processor, who has the better mouse with the most buttons etc. Or why do you think they don't provide a mouse and keyboard support?

It's bad enough that a faster internet can make a big difference.

To the people who think these benefits are good for your PvP? What satisfaction do you get in a car race when you win a Formula 1 car against a street car?

He looks at 1-2 races and will then leave the race track. The game offers you the opportunity to develop a Formula 1 car using the software (ingame), not the hardware. We need the opportunity to pimp up the software. As a setting in the options.

So, the logic is, we want to make money from all console variants. Not just from a "smaller group" that the xobx x equips with ssd. YOU are supposed to spend your money on PA not on hardware. I admit better hardware makes it easier for PA but I don't think the game made it into the Microsoft Store to work only for the xbox x.

When a group of people are attacked by a bear, you don't have to be the fastest, you just have to be faster than the slowest.

Please - end this mindset ...

... and take the arm of the last one fleeing from the bear and save everyone. This ego thinking brings nothing and only splits. We vs. PA, X vs. og, lifeskiler vs. Grinder we're all in the same boat. And when the Titanic goes down, the luxury cabins go too.

It’s way TLDR but going through your bold sentences I still won’t change my mind after I wrote that hardware goes with performance (should go but it’s lacking anyway). 

It’s been like this in BDO for ever. I don’t care about pretty graphics, people bought one X and even invested in SSDs  to get the best performance. 
 

Saying the game should run same on different consoles is just insane, sorry man. The reason for mid gen consoles was to check if people are willing to spend a lot more on the hardware for better performance and we did. 

I will be selling my one x and getting series x as soon as it is available to make sure I still get the best performance. 

Edited by Rocketfuel77777
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2020 at 9:43 AM, Rocketfuel77777 said:

It’s way TLDR but going through your bold sentences I still won’t change my mind after I wrote that hardware goes with performance (should go but it’s lacking anyway). 

It’s been like this in BDO for ever. I don’t care about pretty graphics, people bought one X and even invested in SSDs  to get the best performance. 
 

Saying the game should run same on different consoles is just insane, sorry man. The reason for mid gen consoles was to check if people are willing to spend a lot more on the hardware for better performance and we did. 

I will be selling my one x and getting series x as soon as it is available to make sure I still get the best performance. 

I will agree with you on this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2020 at 3:23 AM, Dr INF3NRO said:

Just because you spend every waking hour mindlessly grinding till you want to commit stop living doesn't mean thats the only activity in the game. Lifeskills are nothing compared to high end grinding silver making-wise. So im "sorry" for expressing an opinion on how its nice that the game changed in favor of more stability on the "expense" of a small group of sweaty grinders that PA been pandering since 2016. 

Do your self a favor and look at the bigger picture and don't make a fool out of yourself with this kind of shitposting. Real sad to see.

Also if you got a problem with me on a personal level you're free to dm me and ill make sure to return to you within 3-5 business days kappa.

The stability your talking about doesn't exist there's just as much freezing and lag as there has ever been if not moreso if the performance increase was actually noticable for you it must just be your dying less to pve because it was difficult for you to begin with.

As well as every area you listed that should have mobs reduced is some of the better lower lvl pve spots if they have to remove mobs remove the outliers that no one kills the random one island full of wild weasels and racoons the random islands with 10-20 pirates the goats that are spread throughout the game that no one farms the way it was done was a very poor excuse of a solution and I only see maybe 1-2 players actually seeing some sort of improvement from it personally myself and my friends/guildmates have seen no improvement whatsoever.

Also it's not even just about making money from trashloot it's harder to do guild missions, it causes more griefing because players have smaller amounts of mobs to kill and all around less loot in the game. Less to farm less ppl farming it less drops all around. 

And really there is no p2w mechanics you lost 99% of your credibility with that statement if your referring to Cron stones/outfits I can get enough coin in rbf in a day to get an outfit every day to Cron without spending a dime of rl cash so again there's no p2w aspect for there to be putting money into game would have to give me some sort of advantage that a free player cannot get without spending real money 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, socalsktr said:

The stability your talking about doesn't exist there's just as much freezing and lag as there has ever been if not moreso if the performance increase was actually noticable for you it must just be your dying less to pve because it was difficult for you to begin with.

As well as every area you listed that should have mobs reduced is some of the better lower lvl pve spots if they have to remove mobs remove the outliers that no one kills the random one island full of wild weasels and racoons the random islands with 10-20 pirates the goats that are spread throughout the game that no one farms the way it was done was a very poor excuse of a solution and I only see maybe 1-2 players actually seeing some sort of improvement from it personally myself and my friends/guildmates have seen no improvement whatsoever.

Also it's not even just about making money from trashloot it's harder to do guild missions, it causes more griefing because players have smaller amounts of mobs to kill and all around less loot in the game. Less to farm less ppl farming it less drops all around. 

And really there is no p2w mechanics you lost 99% of your credibility with that statement if your referring to Cron stones/outfits I can get enough coin in rbf in a day to get an outfit every day to Cron without spending a dime of rl cash so again there's no p2w aspect for there to be putting money into game would have to give me some sort of advantage that a free player cannot get without spending real money 

P2w exists ure just plain wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

P2w exists ure just plain wrong.

Please explain what a free player can't do that a player that spends money can then? If I can earn everything in game without spending real money then there's no p2w aspect.

People throw that term around too easily I've played p2w games look at a game called perfect world best endgame gear could only be gotten by buying certain items from the store that a free player could not have gotten without spending real money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, socalsktr said:

Please explain what a free player can't do that a player that spends money can then? If I can earn everything in game without spending real money then there's no p2w aspect.

People throw that term around too easily I've played p2w games look at a game called perfect world best endgame gear could only be gotten by buying certain items from the store that a free player could not have gotten without spending real money.

Things f2p players cant do:

1 sec cooking 

1 sec alchemy

2100lt weight

192 inventory slots

Process from bank - doubling afk process 

Swim 149% faster

Sell things on CM at 85% value

Have invisible names

12 worker lodgings in velia

Gather 50% more mats

 

 

To be fair - the 1s cooking/alchemy can be done with PEN cloths and sharp life alchemy stone. Let me know when u get a PEN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...