Sign in to follow this  
Dr INF3RNO

Xbox ps4 merge march 4th

First thing i thought... Fk this, my name that i reserved for my valk from day 1 will be lost to the merge, yay!

Second thing... PS4's gonna get crashed alone because of the performance difference on the two plattforms, yay!

Third thing... Well time to patch my ffxiv on ps4, new raids came this week so lets go back there, yay!

• Haha 1

They should first fix the game instead of kicking it into deeper hole by merging two broken builds together. I can only imagine this will be the worst performance since launch. 

5 hours ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

Well....

What yall think?

I'm not particularly pleased that those of us playing before it was even out on PS4 may have our character names butchered with suffixes, or that the cm is going to merge with prices rocketing back up again.

At least we're not being forced to play with PS4 players though. Can just stay on our regular servers. 

• Like 2

The name change thing is a bunch of bs had my name since pre release and now may have to change it...wrong decision PA it should be a grandfather system first come first serve whomever created the name first keeps it the others change their names that the only right thing to do about that period 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Grizz said:

it should be a grandfather system first come first serve whomever created the name first keeps it the others change their names that the only right thing to do about that period 

There are several of us on PS who took great care and time to get the name we have as well. It would be very unfair to do that just because the Xbox version was released a few months earlier. There is no "right thing to do" in this situation. 

1 hour ago, Grizz said:

The name change thing is a bunch of bs had my name since pre release and now may have to change it...wrong decision PA it should be a grandfather system first come first serve whomever created the name first keeps it the others change their names that the only right thing to do about that period 

Agreed!

1 hour ago, Elspeth said:

There are several of us on PS who took great care and time to get the name we have as well. It would be very unfair to do that just because the Xbox version was released a few months earlier. There is no "right thing to do" in this situation. 

It sucks but I feel that Xbox was first and priority should be given to Xbox. Every other MMO that has merged servers has forced the incoming players to rename their characters instead of making the host player change it. In this case, Xbox servers should be considered the host server and PS4 servers are the mergers, forcing said players to rename their characters upon entering the new server. What PA is trying to do is make it fair for everyone but this could blow up in their faces. The alternative is just don't play on the crossover servers. You won't have to worry about changing your character name at that point.

• Like 1

The issue is also if memory serves Pre-orders allowed names to be reserved on both Xbox AND PS4. These were mind you the most enfranchised and loyal members of the playerbase that are now upset. Grandfathering would make sense IF PS4 Pre-orders were not given this option.

So now here we are.

I've tried to rather neutral and not cynical of development choices, but this is a mess for anyone that saved and reserved names regardless of platform.

If we are still getting separate servers I'm also curious what would be the incentive for us to actually play on the Cross servers given this Gear Score disparity between the two consoles.

4 hours ago, Tr3nch said:

It sucks but I feel that Xbox was first and priority should be given to Xbox. Every other MMO that has merged servers has forced the incoming players to rename their characters instead of making the host player change it. In this case, Xbox servers should be considered the host server and PS4 servers are the mergers, forcing said players to rename their characters upon entering the new server. What PA is trying to do is make it fair for everyone but this could blow up in their faces. The alternative is just don't play on the crossover servers. You won't have to worry about changing your character name at that point.

I understand this an Xbox forum and I'm from Playstation, so it is what it is. But if they were to do that, it would give the entire console player base the impression that Xbox is more important than Playstation, and it's not. Playstation is a huge market for them and they would never risk isolating us just because the game happened to release on Xbox a few months sooner.

Edit: forgot to mention, we are not incoming players. We already exist. If there is an option not to cross play and keep your name I would, but I didn't get the impression that was an option. 

Edited by Elspeth

2 hours ago, Elspeth said:

I understand this an Xbox forum and I'm from Playstation, so it is what it is. But if they were to do that, it would give the entire console player base the impression that Xbox is more important than Playstation, and it's not. Playstation is a huge market for them and they would never risk isolating us just because the game happened to release on Xbox a few months sooner.

Edit: forgot to mention, we are not incoming players. We already exist. If there is an option not to cross play and keep your name I would, but I didn't get the impression that was an option. 

First, it isn't about giving the impression that Xbox is more important that PS4. It's about recognizing those that have supported this game from the beginning. Xbox had it first and should be given priority. If I were on PS4, I would say the exact same thing. I wouldn't think it was right for me to bump out someone else thats been playing longer than I have and force them to change their name.  

Second, from what I read in the extend explanation on crossplay, the name suffixes would only apply to those playing on the crossplay servers. However, its PA, and it does not specifically state that is the case. So we will have to wait and see.

• Like 1

All I can say its gonna be Ps4 vs Xbox for awhile this gonna take console war to a new level and I'm ready to go negative March 4th gonna give ps4 players a warm bdo welcome

• Like 3