Sign in to follow this  
[CM]Shirna

Automoderator Abuse and a Quick Message from me!

Hi guys! 

There was a recent abuse of the automoderator on the forum to keep certain members from posting. I've reinstated the members affected and will be taking a look at those who were abusing the system. Any further abuses of the system will be met with 1-week bans. 

We are coming up to beta, and we are all working hard to ensure that the beta will be enjoyable for everyone. To help us out, all we ask is that you put aside any differences you have with each other and enjoy the run-up to the beta. 

Thanks

[CM]Simon

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

Will there be general moderation of the forums, going forward? Some of the needless meme-spamming should be curbed. Half a page of "funny" images does not contribute to any healthy discussion.

Make the community great again!

Also, will there an official discord channel before the beta begins? Or at all for that matter

• Like 3

Make the community great again!

Also, will there an official discord channel before the beta begins? Or at all for that matter

☺ I wish there will be a Official discord ☺

• Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 12:24 PM, capoeiraTURTLE said:

☺ I wish there will be a Official discord ☺

Hope they create one! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/1/2018 at 5:57 PM, [CM] Simon said:

Hi guys! 

There was a recent abuse of the automoderator on the forum to keep certain members from posting. I've reinstated the members affected and will be taking a look at those who were abusing the system. Any further abuses of the system will be met with 1-week bans. 

We are coming up to beta, and we are all working hard to ensure that the beta will be enjoyable for everyone. To help us out, all we ask is that you put aside any differences you have with each other and enjoy the run-up to the beta. 

Thanks

[CM]SimonY

Simon. If you need help, I can help you. I'm not on pc just the console, but  I'm on most the day and in and ou on here. I'm saying this because the forum got some posts tonight that look like a troll visited us, I could be wrong

No, I saw it too. He was posted a thread nearly every 3-5 minutes full of gibberish in another language. I reported one of them and just stepped back. Nothing else to do because I had no idea what it was.

It sounds like the auto moderator was designed to allow early detection of spam bot accounts like the chinese spam the forum frequently gets. Not so that users that don't agree with others opinions may abuse it to silence others. The only people that are moderators on the forums have [CM] in front of their name and people need to stop abusing systems those moderators have put in place just because they are upset.

• Like 2

I just reportec as many threads of that one guy i could, that comes in znd spams, its sad but think they will return, wish we could delete their threads faster.

2 hours ago, Luna Mariposa said:

I didn't even know anyone could abuse that. I figured if you report a post, it just pops up for a moderator or administrator to look over and decide on. 

Yeah. It was a great system and the community could have really benefited from it. You could report a post and if a certain amount of other people reported the same post, it would auto remove the post. Unfortunately, it sounds like some users abused the system and reported every post from people on the forums and this resulted in the people's accounts the reported being restricted and unable to post. The only reason I can figure that some people in this thread are getting upset is because they were given warning points for abusing what should have been a system to help the community. Regardless though Simon has taken care of the system and I'm thankful that the forums are back to being a place the community can share information and help one another. :)

If someone got in trouble by Simon for actions then it's probably best to reevaluate those actions rather than assume they were correct. The forums are supposed to be a helpful place for people and new players. Not a place for a select few to delegate who they think should and shouldn't post. I'm sure we all have people we dont get along with but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be able to post on the forums. If people can't maintain a respectable attitude towards one another then they shouldn't reply to the person or shouldn't post on the forums in general. 

Edited by xCROv
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Honestly it depends on the entire story of how this went down. If its based on bein reported too many times one would have to know what was bein reported before folks could declare it abuse. Since the person effected is a known high postin spammer its not safe to assume right away that someone abused it to get him shadowbanned. Since only simon has seen what has actually been reported none of us can claim it was justified or not. One thing can be seen is hes known for spammin (double postin 8 times in a row just to say he will do what he wants one word per post is clearly spam) so for all everyone knows he coulda been reported for the constant spam and threats. 

Thats assumin the auto mod works that way. The chances of u all seein what was reported is most likely 0% too so its best to just leave it alone qnd just keep reportin when folks post spam or threats. Common sense should tell u what is spam and what isnt.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, numnutz2005 said:

Honestly it depends on the entire story of how this went down. If its based on bein reported too many times one would have to know what was bein reported before folks could declare it abuse. Since the person effected is a known high postin spammer its not safe to assume right away that someone abused it to get him shadowbanned. Since only simon has seen what has actually been reported none of us can claim it was justified or not. One thing can be seen is hes known for spammin (double postin 8 times in a row just to say he will do what he wants one word per post is clearly spam) so for all everyone knows he coulda been reported for the constant spam and threats. 

Thats assumin the auto mod works that way. The chances of u all seein what was reported is most likely 0% too so its best to just leave it alone qnd just keep reportin when folks post spam or threats. Common sense should tell u what is spam and what isnt.

On 11/1/2018 at 6:57 PM, [CM] Simon said:

Hi guys! 

I think its pretty self explanatory.  Have a nice day.

• Like 2

So you're saying that you were one of the people that were flagged for taking advantage of the auto moderator system? I would assume if you have a debate with the way your account was actioned against that the staff here would advise you to use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page to get help so that we dont fill the forums with debates normal users can't help with. Enjoy the beta!

Edited by xCROv
  • Like 2

1. No i didnt report posts and didnt get in trouble for so called “abuse”.

2. U cant contact staff members because they turned off messages. Unless they got turned back on since then but when i went to reply bad marks and tried sayin idc i saw the message that they arent acceptin messages from ne one. 

But i also havent been shadow banned so i guess what i say (even when not liked) isnt considered spam. If i had spammed im sure i woulda gotta slapped with the same restrictions he did when he spammed. 

1 hour ago, numnutz2005 said:

1. No i didnt report posts and didnt get in trouble for so called “abuse”.

2. U cant contact staff members because they turned off messages. Unless they got turned back on since then but when i went to reply bad marks and tried sayin idc i saw the message that they arent acceptin messages from ne one. 

But i also havent been shadow banned so i guess what i say (even when not liked) isnt considered spam. If i had spammed im sure i woulda gotta slapped with the same restrictions he did when he spammed. 

That is why I gave you the Contact US link at the bottom of the page in my post. 😉

People were not "shadow banned" for a valid reason. This post makes that pretty clear. Kinda confused. 😐

Edited by xCROv

Something I found out last month was that its against the rules to tag the staff on here. I felt bad initially because I did it a lot in the past. Its stated that they try to read as much as possible. Just wanted to leave that here.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I like how you are trying to look cool and good to new users. Trying to hide all your abuses of the forums including multi accounts, spam and harassment of other users 

Can we just stop the influx of hate between like four users here on the forums? I think I can speak for everyone when I say it's getting old and it's getting old really fast. It would be great if y'all have a personal dispute to take it to a a private place like private messages or discord chat so the rest of us don't have to see the constant finger pointing. Most of us want to come here and share and get information for a game we enjoy. Let's just all move on and enjoy the forums? We have enough to deal with everytime these voodoo spell sellers show up. Please? 🙃

Edited by xCROv
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, xCROv said:

Can we just stop the influx of hate between like four users here on the forums? I think I can speak for everyone when I say it's getting old and it's getting old really fast. It would be great if y'all have a personal dispute to take it to a a private place like private messages or discord chat so the rest of us don't have to see the constant finger pointing. Most of us want to come here and share and get information for a game we enjoy. Let's just all move on and enjoy the forums? We have enough to deal with everytime these voodoo spell sellers show up. Please? 🙃

For sure buddy. The only thing that cant be stopped is the constant braggin/white knoghtin/threatenin/tearin into other members outside of the forums that has happened to a couple of folks that brought it to my attention. Its very unfortunate that folks would go to those lvls but its also fair to say that those that do that cant just complain and demand that they r treated the way the feel they should be treated. Its not cheistianity where folks can do bad things as long as they say sorry and ask for forgiveness  first thing sunday mornin. Often times the way folks r treated is due to the way they treat others so if that changes the way others see them will in turn also change. 

On a funny side note i think its worth mentionin this was brought to simons attention when the forums were created. I sent a long message detailin how things have gotten out of hand (the only message i sent to him or ne other [cm] person) and how it will only progress when folks r left unchecked and i believe its safe to declare that assumption as bein correct. Things have turned into a constant pissin contest between members (im not free of blame here either) and really everyone just needs to stfu and enjoy the game. Only post when it has VALID new info or somethin the community can benefit from....meanin no more spam and poll after poll askin the same stuff or sayin the same stuff that has been asked said or polled a hundred times before. No more threats or braggin about bein godlike (even if in ur mind u think ur more amazin than others believe u truely r). No more white knightin things like a kid of gonna burst into flames simply because hes told to sit down and stop spammin. I can assure u u him and everyone else that lays eyes on the posts will survive.

same goes on the other side...if folks treat the forums like every forum in the history of forums is treated and rules (not the lack luster list simon posted at a moments notice...the actual unspoken rules that everyone that has ever used the internet know about...double postin, threats,etc) then no smart remarks or insult will be made about stuff. At least not by the folks ur not willin to mention in ur post....i can assure u of that one my friend. If u look...every post starts with someone then one from the other side replies. The other side has yet to create a thread eggin the folks on or threatenin them.

with that said both sides have their faults and both sides need to just stop. I hope future posts on the forums will be productive and possitive. Afterall we r finally on our way to solid release dates. I doubt be of us has a valid reason as to y we all cant be happy about that info. 

I also hope simon leaves this post up and views it not as an insult but as me sayin the rudeness will stop on this end and the rudeness on the other end must stop as well. The only other option is to perma ban folks and no one wants to lose their accounts.

so can we all be adults and enjoy the upcomin beta that drops in less than 22 hours and that for whatever reason has NO PRE LOAD?!?! I hope so. And nost of all i hope to see all u guys gals and everything inbetween in the game as close to 3am eastern time as possible. Have fun my dudes and dudettes.

• Like 2