Harming

AMA For new players.

30 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

I haven't been able to come up with a logical motive for not telling us except that it might just generate more music(questions) that they don't wanna face yet. Seeing the current rabid attitude of the forums makes it understandable to some degree.

Maybe they are thinking that afk activities will limit purchases?

I will lmfao if beta will be limited to pre-pvp lvl and without afk stuff ūüėú

On 11/5/2018 at 10:55 AM, Jammer480 said:

Thanks for the tips, will need all the help I can get, lol.

My only concern is that all the information currently available is based on the pc verison and PA has no obligation to make this game the same as the pc version. Their only obligation is to make the game feel like a Black Desert game and run well on the console. So how different is still tbd but will things like the good grind spots on pc be the same on Xbox? Will the armor sets be the same? Will armor/weapon/ class base stats be the same? Will rng for drops and upgrades be the same? Will afk activities be the same? Will life skills and nodes function the same? Should the things i focus on be the same as if I was playing on pc? I guess time will tell, we should know in a few days hopefully.

Edited by Harming
  • Like 1

On 11/5/2018 at 7:04 PM, Harming said:

For all of your points I would assume yes. They will be the same / similar because re-designing core aspects of the game would take alot of time and effort that isnt needed in those areas yet. (If its not broken dont fix it).

What I think is going to be vastly different is how skills work / interact.

I cant see the animation cancels and tricks on most classes working the same here.

An example is how alot of sorcs skills cancel into others. IE if Violation is cast with RMB + shift.

If you hold shift and then hit rmb it has a slight delay before going off but if your holding RBM then hit shift it fires instantly.

This is just one of MANY examples of skill cancels and weaving that I feel will be impossible to convert over to a handheld controller.

Honestly I found a lot of the Sorc's canels easier with a controller, especially coming from a fighting game background. That being said the way they have it set up from video's i've watch its much different on the xbox version, so it should be real interesting to see how it will work.

But cancels with the controller is just like kb&m, its all timing and familiarity, if you are used to that kind of stuff in other games it should be doable. Simon did post a video of Sorc gameplay where cancels were used and it looked pretty similar to pc version.   

On 11/7/2018 at 2:35 AM, Wiitchcraft said:

Honestly I found a lot of the Sorc's canels easier with a controller, especially coming from a fighting game background. That being said the way they have it set up from video's i've watch its much different on the xbox version, so it should be real interesting to see how it will work.

But cancels with the controller is just like kb&m, its all timing and familiarity, if you are used to that kind of stuff in other games it should be doable. Simon did post a video of Sorc gameplay where cancels were used and it looked pretty similar to pc version.   

Edited by Harming

1 minute ago, Harming said:

Thats awesome and good to hear!

I also wonder how they will handles the sheer number of abilities without stepping on other actions such as accidentally calling out your black spirit or opening your inventory / ect. 

I wonder if we will have some buttons cancel their function while in combat.

I hope its similar to pc, where if i hit Up+X i'd get a different ability than just standing x. I liked that format, though it did make maneuvering around more difficult, though that would increase the skill gap which i'm all for.

19 minutes ago, Wiitchcraft said:

I hope its similar to pc, where if i hit Up+X i'd get a different ability than just standing x. I liked that format, though it did make maneuvering around more difficult, though that would increase the skill gap which i'm all for.

I haven't played PC sadly due to my current setup being ran by hamster wheel powered potatoes. But that is beside the point. From what I have seen of PC gameplay, I love that concept and increased skill gaps are something console desperately needs with a game like this. We need to get that nice diversity going for characters where people can build themselves in-game reputations that are worth something. 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 3:25 AM, Wiitchcraft said:

Edited by Harming
  • Like 1

On 11/5/2018 at 7:04 PM, Harming said:

For all of your points I would assume yes. They will be the same / similar because re-designing core aspects of the game would take alot of time and effort that isnt needed in those areas yet. (If its not broken dont fix it).

What I think is going to be vastly different is how skills work / interact.

I cant see the animation cancels and tricks on most classes working the same here.

An example is how alot of sorcs skills cancel into others. IE if Violation is cast with RMB + shift.

If you hold shift and then hit rmb it has a slight delay before going off but if your holding RBM then hit shift it fires instantly.

This is just one of MANY examples of skill cancels and weaving that I feel will be impossible to convert over to a handheld controller.

How does the animation cancelling work in BDO? I assume it will be similar in BDX. I know how it works in ESO with block, bar swap, etc but guessing it's quite different.

On 11/3/2018 at 8:16 AM, Harming said:

Hi Felipe,

So if your solely focused on making silver your going to want to grind for it.

Grinding has always been , with a few temporary exceptions, been the best silver / hour for time invested if you grind efficiently.

That being said though I would also suggest putting your energy into gathering or farming.

Once we get pri-pen, Hard and Shap shards will be needed for upgrades and they can not be obtained through grinding (other than getting rare drops and melting them down which is inefficient) .

Personally I set up my farm plots outside of my current grind rotation. This allows me to keep a heavy grind uptime and income while farming when I need to bank, for an income of sharp and hard shards.

The other life skills will make an income but will never rival direct grind income.

Hope that helps!

Dude what are you talking about? Grinding is not the best for income. You get way WAY more silver with cooking for example if you know how to do it and you have the skills

5 minutes ago, iZarga said:

Dude what are you talking about? Grinding is not the best for income. You get way WAY more silver with cooking for example if you know how to do it and you have the skills

Cooking is probably the best silver p/h when you are actually cooking the final product of one of the top recipes. But you have to take into account the preparations needed to get all materials required. You also need to have 1sec cooking for it to be fully efficient which will require more gathering to make advanced tools.

With grinding you just go out kill mobs and earn silver straight away.

7 minutes ago, Paddy_Whack said:

Cooking is probably the best silver p/h when you are actually cooking the final product of one of the top recipes. But you have to take into account the preparations needed to get all materials required. You also need to have 1sec cooking for it to be fully efficient which will require more gathering to make advanced tools.

With grinding you just go out kill mobs and earn silver straight away.

Grinding have preparations too. You will need pets wich you buy with real money, you will need a boat if you want to go to pirate island wich is the best for silver. Not to mention the ‚Äúspot taken‚ÄĚ kids will try to kill you and if you dont have better gear you need to change channel.¬†

19 minutes ago, iZarga said:

Grinding have preparations too. You will need pets wich you buy with real money, you will need a boat if you want to go to pirate island wich is the best for silver. Not to mention the ‚Äúspot taken‚ÄĚ kids will try to kill you and if you dont have better gear you need to change channel.¬†

Yeah of course it needs pets, but cooking will also require the costume if you want to make the most silver p/h from it, unless of course u get extremely lucky and can get +4 or +5 clothes. You also need to have a decent amount of CP to invest in the nodes you need for materials, and to get fences to farm the materials your workers cant get and that are constantly sold out on the mp. You also need to process a lot of materials, flour, dough, cheese, butter ect.

Im not saying cooking is bad, it is definitely one of the best ways to get silver, but it does require more time input than simply going to grind for an hour.

I normally grind while I am actively playing, and then cook/process while watching tv or doing something else.

On 11/7/2018 at 8:25 AM, iZarga said:

Edited by Harming

The best income in the game, depends on your time management... time at the screen, level of play, type of play...... there is no such thing of "The best way to earn money" in BDO. lifeskills all payout well if you know what you are doing and progress far enough. There are multiple grind spots that vary in efficiency based on your gear, class, trade level, solo vs group, rng, so on. People who say one thing is the best... that is just what is best for them... usually something they saw on youtube. In reality, what works for one person may not work as well for another.
Sea monster hunting is very good money, but the catch is you need an entire guild doing it efficiently to work well.
Cooking is good money.... if you have a good network of nodes and steady resources, as well as the proper gear and time investment.
Alchemy is good money... if you know the methods for getting the mats easily.
Trading is good money... if you invest a lot of time in to getting a high enough level and have a large node network and a lot of processing time.
Fishing is good money... if you have a high trade lvl, high fishing lvl, and know the correct spots/gear/methods.
Horses are good money... if you have GOD tier RNG.
.... its like that for all the different methods... the trick to making a LOT of money is to do several of these efficiently along with grinding to supplement your income while lvling and farming for SP points.  Grinding is dependent on your gear lvl, class, weight, pvp ability. Better spots require more specific classes, better gear. Some places like pirates are a lot better if you have a high trading lvl for selling the trade items that drop in abundance there.  Sausans is good money for DUO, that way you auto sell the drops.... fogans is good money for duo, naga is solo... but contested so know pvp, maunshams is good solo, gyfin is groups... higher gear req, ... the llst goes on and on. At the beginning of the game.. all of that is irrelevant, most of it is not accessible. In the beginning dont worry too much... learn the game, have fun, and experiment, and focus on lvling lifeskills, getting xp, getting sp, learning your class. 

On 11/7/2018 at 8:48 AM, iZarga said:

Edited by Harming

3 minutes ago, Harming said:

Your a bit behind the times.

Pirates was top tier with M2 trading for a small window of time but the games moved on in a big way.

The top players are pulling in 35-50m/ hr now.

no disrespect but i think you are behind the times as well... i make a LOT more than that per hour... and trading still makes plenty of money, its passive income and like most other lifeskills shouldnt be compared to grinding as they shouldnt interfere with each other.

On 11/7/2018 at 9:26 AM, Dirty said:

The best income in the game, depends on your time management... time at the screen, level of play, type of play...... there is no such thing of "The best way to earn money" in BDO. lifeskills all payout well if you know what you are doing and progress far enough. There are multiple grind spots that vary in efficiency based on your gear, class, trade level, solo vs group, rng, so on. People who say one thing is the best... that is just what is best for them... usually something they saw on youtube. In reality, what works for one person may not work as well for another.
Sea monster hunting is very good money, but the catch is you need an entire guild doing it efficiently to work well.
Cooking is good money.... if you have a good network of nodes and steady resources, as well as the proper gear and time investment.
Alchemy is good money... if you know the methods for getting the mats easily.
Trading is good money... if you invest a lot of time in to getting a high enough level and have a large node network and a lot of processing time.
Fishing is good money... if you have a high trade lvl, high fishing lvl, and know the correct spots/gear/methods.
Horses are good money... if you have GOD tier RNG.
.... its like that for all the different methods... the trick to making a LOT of money is to do several of these efficiently along with grinding to supplement your income while lvling and farming for SP points.  Grinding is dependent on your gear lvl, class, weight, pvp ability. Better spots require more specific classes, better gear. Some places like pirates are a lot better if you have a high trading lvl for selling the trade items that drop in abundance there.  Sausans is good money for DUO, that way you auto sell the drops.... fogans is good money for duo, naga is solo... but contested so know pvp, maunshams is good solo, gyfin is groups... higher gear req, ... the llst goes on and on. At the beginning of the game.. all of that is irrelevant, most of it is not accessible. In the beginning dont worry too much... learn the game, have fun, and experiment, and focus on lvling lifeskills, getting xp, getting sp, learning your class. 

Edited by Harming

On 11/7/2018 at 8:08 AM, Jammer480 said:

How does the animation cancelling work in BDO? I assume it will be similar in BDX. I know how it works in ESO with block, bar swap, etc but guessing it's quite different.

Edited by Harming

@Harming  i averaged about 100-150 mil an hour in dead serious doing sea monster hunting.. but that was because everyone in the guild was doing it... the more people, the higher the efficiency.... 350 bil guild bank has that effect.  I also did purchase supplemental trading, where i buy mats to supplement for crates... "only works after master 8+". For grinding on witch I didn't  break more than about 40-50 mil an hour, but I am sure I could have done much higher on some other classes. TBH though, at a certain level of economy grinding is just not that great for making money. That was what i was trying to say, at a certain point many people stop grinding as you can make more money from life skilling with less time investment. I only grinded for SP usually as I could make more just maintaining my economy. I did trade, sea monsters, cooking, alchemy, and farming... when added all up I averaged about 2 bil a week from sea monsters, and another .5 to 1.5 bil from lifeskilling, depending on the week and how hard I pushed. I have gone higher than that but thats the average... .. so usually about 2.7-3 bil a week. You cant do that grinding

On 11/7/2018 at 7:47 PM, Dirty said:

@Harming  i averaged about 100-150 mil an hour in dead serious doing sea monster hunting.. but that was because everyone in the guild was doing it... the more people, the higher the efficiency.... 350 bil guild bank has that effect.  I also did purchase supplemental trading, where i buy mats to supplement for crates... "only works after master 8+". For grinding on witch I didn't  break more than about 40-50 mil an hour, but I am sure I could have done much higher on some other classes. TBH though, at a certain level of economy grinding is just not that great for making money. That was what i was trying to say, at a certain point many people stop grinding as you can make more money from life skilling with less time investment. I only grinded for SP usually as I could make more just maintaining my economy. I did trade, sea monsters, cooking, alchemy, and farming... when added all up I averaged about 2 bil a week from sea monsters, and another .5 to 1.5 bil from lifeskilling, depending on the week and how hard I pushed. I have gone higher than that but thats the average... .. so usually about 2.7-3 bil a week. You cant do that grinding

Edited by Harming

@Harming¬† ¬†The data you have is just wrong.. its from reddit and posted by plebs. For example,¬† pre nurf i could bring in 2.5 billion in sea monster drops by myself in less than 10 hours.. i did so for months... easy once you know what you are doing. Post nerf it takes about 12-15. That is a T-10 payout..... now stay with me cus this is where it gets complicated... 99 people are going to be doing the same thing in the same guild at varying degrees.. between 300mil to 2.5 billion... thats with an average weekly end bank of 300-350 billion in guild funds <-- that part takes time.. its called the saturation point. Now if say only 25 people reach t10 payout that means the payout is around 1.8- 2.5 billion... fairly common. So lets avg that and say I earned 2 billion in payouts for 10-15 hours, which is with no good RNG. That is still 166 mil, round down to 150. Do you see where i get the number from now? and thats low balling it with bad RNG and after the Nerf. that is still 150 mil an hour O.o¬† I understand that is not something you may want to hear or even believe... but we did it for months. Every single piece of loot tracked and accounted for with spreadsheets, and screenshots, etc. I am not here to prove myself... I was just saying that you are giving misinformation and that players can achieve much larger financial gains outside grinding than within. As for lifeskilling... that is AFK.. it lhas very little effect or impact on grinding time.. thats just extra money.. if you want to be technical and you account for say 1 hour each day spent managing economy or gathering.. thats still 7 hours in a week spent active... you can easily pull 1 bil in lifeskilling in a week... lets half that though just for the hell of it. That is still 71 mil an hour if you only pull 500 mil that week. Your information is just wrong plain and simple.. grinding is for SP and XP, or a change of scenery... the big money is in lifeskilling hands down. BTW.. that reddit post is a joke.. its made by people who werent actually doing it... we used to troll the **** out of those guys ^^ that stuff is theory crafting.. we were actually doing it and cashing in.... Dont care if you believe it or not.. ask anyone who was holding territories, DS knew what were doing on the ocean... if you are an educated person who is in to DATA.. then why are you arguing against me based off of reddit posts thrown together by jealous plebs that got pissy cus we were making too much money and they couldnt do anything about it. If you want real evidence.. try it yourself, its not hard.. you will see that what i am saying is doable. I tried to help, you can do it the hard way if you want and just complain with everyone else when you lose those preorders¬†‚̧ԳŹ

Edited by Dirty

On 11/8/2018 at 1:25 AM, Dirty said:

@Harming¬† ¬†The data you have is just wrong.. its from reddit and posted by plebs. For example,¬† pre nurf i could bring in 2.5 billion in sea monster drops by myself in less than 10 hours.. i did so for months... easy once you know what you are doing. Post nerf it takes about 12-15. That is a T-10 payout..... now stay with me cus this is where it gets complicated... 99 people are going to be doing the same thing in the same guild at varying degrees.. between 300mil to 2.5 billion... thats with an average weekly end bank of 300-350 billion in guild funds <-- that part takes time.. iÔĽŅts called the saturation point. Now if say only 25 people reach t10 payout that means the payout is around 1.8- 2.5 billion... fairly common. So lets avg that and say I earned 2 billion in payouts for 10-15 hours, which is with no good RNG. That is still 166 mil, round down to 150. Do you see where i get the number from now? and thats low balling it with bad RNG and after the Nerf. that is still 150 mil an hour O.o¬† I understand that is not something you may want to hear or even believe... but we did it for months. Every single piece of loot tracked and accounted for with spreadsheets, and screenshots, etc. I am not here to prove myself... I was just saying that you are giving misinformation and that players can achieve much larger financial gains outside grinding than withiÔĽŅn. As for lifeskilling... that is AFK.. it lhas very little effect or impact on grinding time.. thats just extra money.. if you want to be technical and you account for say 1 hour each day spent managing economy or gathering.. thats still 7 hours in a week spent active... you can easily pull 1 bil in lifeskilling in a week... lets half that though just for the hell of it. That is still 71 mil an hour if you only pull 500 mil that week. Your information is just wrong plain and simple.. grinding is for SP and XP, or a change of scenery... the big money is in lifeskilling hands down. BTW.. that reddit post is a joke.. its made by people who werent actually doing it... we used to troll the **** out of those guys ^^ that stuff is theory crafting.. we were actually doing it and cashing in.... Dont care if you believe it or not.. ask anyone who was holding territories, DS knew what were doing on the ocean... if you are an educated person who is in to DATA.. then why are you arguing against me based off of reddit posts thrown together by jealous plebs that got pissy cus we were making too much money and they couldnt do ÔĽŅanything about it. If you want real evidence.. try it yourself, its not hard.ÔĽŅ. you will see that what i am saying is doable. I tried to help, you can do it the hard way if you want and just complain with everyone else when you lose those preorders¬†‚̧ԳŹ

Edited by Harming

OK.. do it your way. You clearly know everything there is to know about the game with all your experience. 

giphy32.gif

Suuuuuuuuuper late. But i did have three nice little questions seeing as you have experience in server growth multiple times.

1. Any major advice for the next few patches other than what you've already wrote in the thread? Primarily the first 2, just so i have a general idea of what to expect as we get updates. Like should i have excess of any supply ready, a certain gear type/set for the new areas, or an alt of another class as mine may struggle that particular patch? (I'm going Archer)

2. Any more secrets or resources you could point me to read up on¬†like the weapon selling for new classes in the market you are willing to share?¬†ūüėȬ†Or any advice on being a merchant? I¬†always enjoy that in games with a player economy, and would muchhh rather have my silver be invested to gaining more silver than sitting in a vault in some city across the map. I'm probably going to get a market maid to help this too.

3. If you know, what should a fully geared archer look like gear wise going full AP before any of the patches hit?  This is more of a sort of goal after release. I hear a lot of people avoiding ogre rings and don't really understand why other than that they are tough and some saying low drop rate. But i'm fine with going for that as a last piece against the RNGods if that'll help max my potential DMG. (I should note i like glass cannon type builds, and would rather use kiting/dodging/iframes as defence)

Edit: Appreciate the response ahead of time! I know i kind of have a LOT to ask here, so i apologize for that. But i'm going in without touching the game before and want to set up a guild for my buddies IRL, so it'd be nice being able to help them as they will be going in blind other than a few guides. I'm also a little competitive and love grinding-type games. This of course will extend to any newbs worse off than me i see struggling in the world if i'm able to help them.

Edited by Struggle Incoming