Jump to content
Harming

AMA For new players.

Recommended Posts

On 11/20/2018 at 8:43 PM, Struggle Incoming said:

Suuuuuuuuuper late. But i did have three nice little questions seeing as you have experience in server growth multiple times.

1. Any major advice for the next few patches other than what you've already wrote in the thread? Primarily the first 2, just so i have a general idea of what to expect as we get updates. Like should i have excess of any supply ready, a certain gear type/set for the new areas, or an alt of another class as mine may struggle that particular patch? (I'm going Archer)

2. Any more secrets or resources you could point me to read up on like the weapon selling for new classes in the market you are willing to share? 😉 Or any advice on being a merchant? I always enjoy that in games with a player economy, and would muchhh rather have my silver be invested to gaining more silver than sitting in a vault in some city across the map. I'm probably going to get a market maid to help this too.

3. If you know, what should a fully geared archer look like gear wise going full AP before any of the patches hit?  This is more of a sort of goal after release. I hear a lot of people avoiding ogre rings and don't really understand why other than that they are tough and some saying low drop rate. But i'm fine with going for that as a last piece against the RNGods if that'll help max my potential DMG. (I should note i like glass cannon type builds, and would rather use kiting/dodging/iframes as defence)

 

Edit: Appreciate the response ahead of time! I know i kind of have a LOT to ask here, so i apologize for that. But i'm going in without touching the game before and want to set up a guild for my buddies IRL, so it'd be nice being able to help them as they will be going in blind other than a few guides. I'm also a little competitive and love grinding-type games. This of course will extend to any newbs worse off than me i see struggling in the world if i'm able to help them.

...

Edited by Harming
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have no idea how much i appreciate this, this info is perfect. Straight to the point and let's me easily go more in depth if i just search up sections of what you wrote down. I severely underestimated the grind as i'm starting to feel it just reading up on upgrading, but this seems like it'll be some great fun

 

Also with that tidbit on flipping i'm starting to see a very abusable trend 😋

Either way, thanks! This is almost priceless for me

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2018 at 2:33 AM, Dr INF3NRO said:

@Harming

Hey got another one for ya.

Assuming I might do trading in the long run. Would you advise gathering bottlenecked trees (like fir) post mediah patch? 

...

Edited by Harming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harming said:

I've never went for m2 trading myself but I've had a few friends hit it. They always worked on pine and cedar crates until M2. You don't make a profit until you hit M2 and get that big daily profit buff. 

After m2 you can move to the profit crates or it boosts your grind income on pirate island by about 50%, since your massive stacks of trade coins becomes way more valuable. 

Oh thats cool to know. Btw I think its been updated, you can get the buff at art 2 but ofcourse you'll get more silver at m2 as each trading level is like a 0.5% boost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...

 

On 11/23/2018 at 4:22 PM, Dr INF3NRO said:

Oh thats cool to know. Btw I think its been updated, you can get the buff at art 2 but ofcourse you'll get more silver at m2 as each trading level is like a 0.5% boost.

 

Edited by Harming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can you please explain me character / family names.
Do I have to consider something and how are they invovled into pve/pvp (or displayed).

I did not played the pc version and during the beta I forgot it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, malixoxo said:

can you please explain me character / family names.
Do I have to consider something and how are they invovled into pve/pvp (or displayed).

I did not played the pc version and during the beta I forgot it...

Sure. Your family name will be the name attached to every character you make on your account. 

Your character names are specific.

For example if my Family name is : Harming

And my character name is: Snowflakes

my name would display as  :                  Harming

                                                                   Snowflakes

Above my characters head in game.

 

Hope that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Harming said:

Sure. Your family name will be the name attached to every character you make on your account. 

Your character names are specific.

For example if my Family name is : Harming

And my character name is: Snowflakes

my name would display as  :                  Harming

                                                                   Snowflakes

Above my characters head in game.

 

Hope that helps.

yes... thanks for helping

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picture the name snowflakes being used for a Zerk for some reason. 

 

I have a question from every guide and talking to a lot of good pvp Sorc's, Accuracy seems to be one of the most important stats needed on weapons, would you happen to know(or anyone else) which weapons we will likely get on launch and which of those would have the highest Accuracy? Or is this something im just going to have to research?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Wiitchcraft said:

I picture the name snowflakes being used for a Zerk for some reason. 

 

I have a question from every guide and talking to a lot of good pvp Sorc's, Accuracy seems to be one of the most important stats needed on weapons, would you happen to know(or anyone else) which weapons we will likely get on launch and which of those would have the highest Accuracy? Or is this something im just going to have to research?

lol for great zerk name.

 

Yeah for a sorc your accuracy will mainly come from your offhand (helrick talismin) if you want to focus on it. Most sorcs will run an AP (Jubre tally) to help grind more quickly early on.

Your weapon will be a yuria amulet untill you get your boss weapon (kzarka). I dont know if Kzarka will be in on launch, world bosses usualy come a bit later after launches.

Once we get valencia, the new bis offhands will be khutum (for pve / grinding / accuracy) and nouver for AP / high end pvp.

Bhegs gloves are a boss piece that will also raise your accuracy substantially. 

With full boss gear and a nouver offhand you will do fine against anyone not stacking evasion in pvp.

If you fighting a heavy eva build or class (ninja) , it coud be worth it to run a red coral earring for more acc over a tungrad (pure AP).

Edited by Harming
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Harming said:

lol for great zerk name.

 

Yeah for a sorc your accuracy will mainly come from your offhand (helrick talismin) if you want to focus on it. Most sorcs will run an AP (Jubre tally) to help grind more quickly early on.

Your weapon will be a yuria amulet untill you get your boss weapon (kzarka). I dont know if Kzarka will be in on launch, world bosses usualy come a bit later after launches.

Once we get valencia, the new bis offhands will be khutum (for pve / grinding / accuracy) and nouver for AP / high end pvp.

Bhegs gloves are a boss piece that will also raise your accuracy substantially. 

With full boss gear and a nouver offhand you will do fine against anyone not stacking evasion in pvp.

If you fighting a heavy eva build or class (ninja) , it coud be worth it to run a red coral earring for more acc over a tungrad (pure AP).

So from what you're saying, there's essentially only one build (or maybe 2) for each class? so every sorc (theoretically) will have the same armor and weapons? every wizard will have the same build? etc? If that's true, that is a MAJOR deal breaker for me.

Edited by Jammer480

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

So from what you're saying, there's essentially only one build (or maybe 2) for each class? so every sorc (theoretically) will have the same armor and weapons? every wizard will have the same build? etc? If that's true, that is a MAJOR deal breaker for me.

Yes. Everyone's endgame set will be boss armor and weapons.

The way to can customize your gear is by equipping different offhand weapons , accessories, and gems in your gear.

In the boss gear set there is also an evasion based boot (Muskans) and a Defense based boot (Urugons) to choose from.

 

Keep in mind also though that boss gear is extremely hard to get and also extremely hard to level. Most casual players wont get their hands on a piece (let alone the whole set).

You can also change things up with the skills you choose to use but player skill with their abilities is the key factor in success (other than gear score).

Edited by Harming
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Harming said:

Yes. Everyone's endgame set will be boss armor and weapons.

The way to can customize your gear is by equipping different offhand weapons , accessories, and gems in your gear.

In the boss gear set there is also an evasion based boot (Muskans) and a Defense based boot (Urugons) to choose from.

 

Keep in mind also though that boss gear is extremely hard to get and also extremely hard to level. Most casual players wont get their hands on a piece (let alone the whole set).

You can also change things up with the skills you choose to use but player skill with their abilities is the key factor in success (other than gear score).

Thanks! Obviously I haven't played on pc and most of my research has centered around starting out, didn't really concern myself with endgame info, figured I'd have time for that later. I just assumed there'd be more variety with the game being so complex and massive so that's a bit disappointing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jammer480 said:

Thanks! Obviously I haven't played on pc and most of my research has centered around starting out, didn't really concern myself with endgame info, figured I'd have time for that later. I just assumed there'd be more variety with the game being so complex and massive so that's a bit disappointing.

It's honestly a good system. The games more about enchanting than changing gear sets.   I think you'll enjoy it if you give it a shot.  It's kind of hard to explain without living through it 😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Harming said:

lol for great zerk name.

 

Yeah for a sorc your accuracy will mainly come from your offhand (helrick talismin) if you want to focus on it. Most sorcs will run an AP (Jubre tally) to help grind more quickly early on.

Your weapon will be a yuria amulet untill you get your boss weapon (kzarka). I dont know if Kzarka will be in on launch, world bosses usualy come a bit later after launches.

Once we get valencia, the new bis offhands will be khutum (for pve / grinding / accuracy) and nouver for AP / high end pvp.

Bhegs gloves are a boss piece that will also raise your accuracy substantially. 

With full boss gear and a nouver offhand you will do fine against anyone not stacking evasion in pvp.

If you fighting a heavy eva build or class (ninja) , it coud be worth it to run a red coral earring for more acc over a tungrad (pure AP).

Oh nice a Helrick is what i prefered to use on pc but i figured that was a later set, yuria was my main hand too because i never got to do any boss stuff. I hope they're both there off release. Thanks!

 

I've never fought a Ninja but frow what i've seen it looks real annoying.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, malixoxo said:

Do I have to pick a server wisely or doesn't matter

Youll have to pick NA or EU, other than that you can change server (channels) at any time on a 15 min cooldown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Lawd Aizen said:

Hey Harming for some reason all of your replies show up as three dots for me

Hey Lawd. 

Yes all of my old content got removed when i got banned.

I went to war with a few trolls on here and was silenced by big brother.

Im back though and have them blocked so no need to worry.

Im happy to help any and every functioning human brain :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2018 at 12:27 PM, Daniel said:

It's a joke that we still can't get official statement on afk activities tbh...

What do you mean? We know everything about afk stuff? It functions jusy like pc?

 

whoops other half the forum didn tload in haha

Edited by MakeumRage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MakeumRage said:

What do you mean? We know everything about afk stuff? It functions jusy like pc?

 

whoops other half the forum didn tload in haha

Check the date of posts before you get picky 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×