Sign in to follow this  
WindThief

Server Performance

So PA official response is...server lag is due to increased traffic from everyone staying home. I would like to point out that the lag occurs ~35min past the hour. I assume they don't even know this because they probably don't play enough to notice. So while PA says increased traffic...I call shenanigans especially since I have forum posts from over 2 weeks ago complaining about the server lag. I'm sure the increased traffic world wide doesn't help...but servers were dying before everyone started staying home. Ever since the merger, during peak hours, at ~35min past the hour there would be server side lag. Please continue to investigate the server performance and don't mistake correlation with causality.

@CM Trent

@CM_Valtarra

• Like 2

13 hours ago, WindThief said:

So PA official response is...server lag is due to increased traffic from everyone staying home. I would like to point out that the lag occurs ~35min past the hour. I assume they don't even know this because they probably don't play enough to notice. So while PA says increased traffic...I call shenanigans especially since I have forum posts from over 2 weeks ago complaining about the server lag. I'm sure the increased traffic world wide doesn't help...but servers were dying before everyone started staying home. Ever since the merger, during peak hours, at ~35min past the hour there would be server side lag. Please continue to investigate the server performance and don't mistake correlation with causality.

@CM Trent

@CM_Valtarra

The lag on cross play server is unbearable, especially during peak hours. I understand that people are at home due to the virus but we pay them so much money they could've predicted the issue. Besides, there has been a visible latency issue on cross play servers since the beginning of the merge. 

I'm on xbox and I'm only playing on florin unless my spot is taken or when I was not able to find a miru group. Now that I'm 62 I don't miru anymore and I can tell you that florin is as smooth as a butter in terms of latency compared to any other server. 

There has been bad lag on xbox since the game was released. Cross play made it worse sure, but we had lag since day 1. How can we siege and node war when your screen freezes then unfreeze to a death screen? How can you RBF when enemies are invisible when you drop down? They need to realize that console is NOT PC.