Sign in to follow this  
Goldenelf

How do I get this game in Canada ?

I checked the stores in Canada and they do not have this game and I can’t find it on Xbox store to download.  How would I be able to play this game on Xbox if I’m living in Canada ? Do I buy the cd from an online store ?

There's a chance you might need to be in Preview Program to play beta but anyone can join that program you just need to download app from Live Store.

6 minutes ago, Namus said:

There's a chance you might need to be in Preview Program to play beta but anyone can join that program you just need to download app from Live Store.

You will not need to be part of the preview program guaranteed, it's just a beta. The only time you may need to be part of that program is if the game is made by Microsoft itself. I do not recommend joining the Insider Program either as the last update prevented people from playing their digital games.

Edited by Jammer480

14 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

You will not need to be part of the preview program guaranteed, it's just a beta. The only time you may need to be part of that program is if the game is made by Microsoft itself. I do not recommend joining the Insider Program either as the last update prevented people from playing their digital games.

Do we need game pass too?

5 hours ago, Goldenelf said:

I checked the stores in Canada and they do not have this game and I can’t find it on Xbox store to download.  How would I be able to play this game on Xbox if I’m living in Canada ? Do I buy the cd from an online store ?

I read in another thread this

On 11/5/2018 at 12:12 AM, Foreverrgamer87 said:

As of right now the Beta is available to download on the 8th at 12am Pacific/3am Eastern

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jammer480 said:

Thats not how it works you can pick from different preview categories in that program. For example you can be in preview program for games only meaning you have access to certain betas. There is already another MMO announced and they said it will have beta in preview program. That being said since BDO beta will be open its possible you dont need it.

5 hours ago, Namus said:

Thats not how it works you can pick from different preview categories in that program. For example you can be in preview program for games only meaning you have access to certain betas. There is already another MMO announced and they said it will have beta in preview program. That being said since BDO beta will be open its possible you dont need it.

Sorry, that's not how it works. There is the Insider Program, which you download the app and there are different levels you can be part of. The higher the level, the earlier you get access to a variety of content(not games necessarily) BUT that also means you may subject yourself to a variety of UI bugs and OS update issues. Then there's the Game Preview program which allows developers to release/sell their games in unpolished form, it's not really a beta(look up what a beta test actually is). Those two programs are essentially unrelated. But at this point I don't care about the insider program or the game preview program because it's irrelevant to this game, that was my point. And the end of discussion afaic.

But since you mention it, what mmo is going into the preview program? I assume you're referring to Enlisted, which looks like crap and is about as much an mmo as Destiny is, which is no mmo imo. 😃

Patience everyone, xbox generally puts file up early, don't worry. No it wont be in insider club but regular store.there wil. Probably be small ad on home wiith a link there for everyone to see since its open not  closed beta.

4 minutes ago, sunstar said:

Patience everyone, xbox generally puts file up early, don't worry. No it wont be in insider club but regular store.there wil. Probably be small ad on home wiith a link there for everyone to see since its open not  closed beta.

Yes, right on. I just don't want misinformation directing someone to download the Insider Program app unnecessarily and then having to deal with the myriad of issues that potentially come with it. This game is not currently related in any way, shape or form to either the Insider Program or the Game Preview program.

Edited by Jammer480
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jammer480 said:

Sorry, that's not how it works. There is the Insider Program, which you download the app and there are different levels you can be part of. The higher the level, the earlier you get access to a variety of content(not games necessarily) BUT that also means you may subject yourself to a variety of UI bugs and OS update issues. Then there's the Game Preview program which allows developers to release/sell their games in unpolished form, it's not really a beta(look up what a beta test actually is). Those two programs are essentially unrelated. But at this point I don't care about the insider program or the game preview program because it's irrelevant to this game, that was my point. And the end of discussion afaic.

But since you mention it, what mmo is going into the preview program? I assume you're referring to Enlisted, which looks like crap and is about as much an mmo as Destiny is, which is no mmo imo. 😃

Preview/Insider same things just different name you even need same app for both... I will PM you name.

Edited by Namus

8 minutes ago, Namus said:

Preview/Insider same things just different name you even need same app for both... I will PM you name.

Lol, no they are not the same thing, not even close and not directly related. Did you know you can play games from the Game Preview program without being part of the Insider program?  But believe whatever you want, just please don't tell people to join the Insider Program without warning them of the potential issues, that's all. 

4 hours ago, Jammer480 said:

Lol, no they are not the same thing, not even close and not directly related. Did you know you can play games from the Game Preview program without being part of the Insider program?  But believe whatever you want, just please don't tell people to join the Insider Program without warning them of the potential issues, that's all. 

I never told people to join OS Insider Program there is Games Insider Program. Minecraft for example has Games Insider only Beta tests.

Edited by Namus

4 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

Ok, if you say so. Please provide a link for the Games Only Insider Program.

I don’t know if this is the same thing they are referring to but, in the insider hub there’s two different things. One is the insider program which is for games and betas and exclusive early content and then you have the update preview which is where you test system updates before the mass public gets them on Xbox. Im not in the update preview but I’m still in the insider program. 

Okay well maybe it's different for different regions, not sure. I was part of the Insider program until recently but did not have the option of doing games only so not sure why it's different. I left because I kept getting bugs in my OS.