Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Darthaden

AFK channels please!

Recommended Posts

To help combat lag in popular cities like Heidel can we please get a few AFK channels? Reward players something like 5% bonus xp for doing afk activities on these channels........and block afk on node war channels all together please

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my favorite things to do is stop AFKers from getting gains. People that like to AFK train horses or fish outside safe areas.. Id hate to see "Safe Spaces" in BDO. Just makes me think of all the times Ive chased a shitter into town lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2018 at 4:52 PM, MakeumRage said:

One of my favorite things to do is stop AFKers from getting gains. People that like to AFK train horses or fish outside safe areas.. Id hate to see "Safe Spaces" in BDO. Just makes me think of all the times Ive chased a shitter into town lol

why train horses outside a safe area? lol

also he didnt say anything about a safe space or no pk zone. just a dedicated channel for afkers to reduce screen lag in a major city

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

why train horses outside a safe area? lol

also he didnt say anything about a safe space or no pk zone. just a dedicated channel for afkers to reduce screen lag in a major city

Ahh okay makes since. But if its not a safe zome alot of people probably wont be afk lol. Idk why they do it man lol. My guess is they pick a long route thinking it means more exp instead of a short town route. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makeum, if you think about it, this is a great idea.  It would be so much easier to find the AFK players to mess with.  I'm in favor of anything that lets me take out my bad day on afk players easier.

Ok, I'm a terrible person.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MakeumRage said:

Ahh okay makes since. But if its not a safe zome alot of people probably wont be afk lol. Idk why they do it man lol. My guess is they pick a long route thinking it means more exp instead of a short town route. 

yeah i thought so too :D but you can just loop short distances and get the same exp.

also, afkers could be people who process 10k of materials and fishing etc.

on the topic -

To determine an AFK channel there must be some rules like:

x2 lower drop and exp rate

Channel lock for 1-2 hours

1.5x fishing/gather speed (maybe)

Duel option off

PK option off (maybe)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sounds not terrible except for pk option off... i know alot of people that would eat the xp and money loss just to get by... pk sounds terrible and sucks when your low gear.. but it pushes you to do better and be better.. to get out there and get those gains and tell the next guy eff you and your spot taken bud get farmed. also pushes you to join a guild (lets be honest guild play is BDO end game) to get help. more people pushed into guilds means less karma bombers because you can dec on them. also means guild V guilds pop off at random making my night more fun....


this is all coming from a guy thats 500ish gear score and still manages to hold spots and win fights. the soul of this game is pvp and challenge. i pray they never allow any kind of option to turn it off. in any server. in any way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×