Dr INF3NRO

Post beta updates - Y hold reduced to 0.2s

Click or hold Y to gather/loot  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Click or Hold Y to gather/loot?

• Hold Y to gather/loot
    • Click to gather/loot

38 minutes ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

The issue about it is that you can bypass the looting with pets. For gathering its a whole different story. Gathering was a decent way to earn silver aside of grinding but was never as good as grinding. So what tgis basically does is making silver with gathering completely useless since youre adding 1 sec to the rotation. people spend alot of effort to reduce the timer by even 0.1 second because it means alot if you gather by the thousands. A whole second is a headshot to life skillers.

The gathering/harvesting is still way faster in this game then it was in ESO and that worked fine. I get it tho, this is not eso. And it's an xbox game, not the pc version. Either way, everyone will be harvesting at the same rate so it's irrelevant. Will there be less items on the market? maybe, but that will encourage people to grind instead of buy. The market will self adjust. Like I said, just cause it's not the same doesn't mean it won't work. Please stop comparing to the pc version.

Edited by Jammer480

11 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

The gathering/harvesting is still way faster in this game then it was in ESO and that worked fine. I get it tho, this is not eso. And it's an xbox game, not the pc version. Either way, everyone will be harvesting at the same rate so it's irrelevant. Will there be less items on the market? maybe, but that will encourage people to grind instead of buy. The market will self adjust. Like I said, just cause it's not the same doesn't mean it won't work. Please stop comparing to the pc version.

It dosn't matter if the market will adjust or the meta will change. It all boils down to no one think it's fun spending 10 second killing mobs, and then holding y for the next minute to loot, it's quite simple.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

ESO is an irrelevant refference.

This is a core mechanic and should not be changed. what the y hold does is a method to get people to buy pets.

Im saying it again - using pets BYPASSES this issue and im not against buying them.

HOWEVER there is no solution for gathering since its done manually.

Furthermore, life skillers have a huge effect on the game's economy. They provide grinders with necessary items like food buffs etc or wood to make ships. If the market is empty, it means grinding will be less effective and the overall game experience will be non existent. 

So "stop comparing it to pc" is not an argument. Life skills are a huge part of BDO and the reason most play it.

The only other way PA can fix it is to have unique pets pick up gatherables.

• Like 3

The Hold "Y" makes sense for interaction (it is tied to more then just looting). You have options you can scroll though, then hold to select. Same idea, but the only option is looting. Thus I would not want it removed because the idea works well with the rest of the game. The nice thing is, it sound like pets will resolve this issue......I just hope they do not cost and arm and a leg on console. The game seems fun, and would hate for the "greed" factor to take that away. :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Whitefire7 said:

The Hold "Y" makes sense for interaction (it is tied to more then just looting). You have options you can scroll though, then hold to select. Same idea, but the only option is looting. Thus I would not want it removed because the idea works well with the rest of the game. The nice thing is, it sound like pets will resolve this issue......I just hope they do not cost and arm and a leg on console. The game seems fun, and would hate for the "greed" factor to take that away. :)

Wanna hear a simple solution? Make every interaction click y, and when there is a interaction menu hold y, choose your interaction with left stick on a little ring menu. See? Its easy to solve it. 

New players doesnt understand how much life skill important for some players and how much it is effect whole game. If there is a 1 sec holding y time it is decreased profit so much for life skill players.  There should be a balance between life skill profits and grinding profits so that people can enjoy with both of them. So with 1 sec holding time there will be less life skiller, less life skiller means less enchantment items, less potion, less food etc. Less craft item means much more price for that items. 

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Whitefire7 said:

I have nothing against interactions. The poll specifically reffers to looting/gathering.

Also. Normal pets cost 9$. Pets with special effects cost  11$.

Both are tier 1 pets. Max is tier 4. You need 4 (max) tier 1 pets to make 1 tier 4.

Higher tier - faster loot.

It will cost you 200$ or so.

• Like 1

Pretty sure skill costs and level requirements are completely missing from the Skills menu.  

Also energy requirements would be fantastic so I can quit getting spammed with insufficient energy when trying to learn a skill!

Or maybe I'm just completely blind...

• Like 1

In regards to gathering, I guess I'm not saying it shouldn't be changed. I'm just saying it's the same for all lifeskillers, everyone will be gathering at the same rate. If you hadn't played it on PC, there would be no issue to the half second delay. It's simply because you're comparing, that's all.

19 hours ago, Hush said:

Add auto-loot kills.  Holding Y after killing packs of enemies is a pain in the butt.

They won't do that pets loot for you and they cost money

4 hours ago, Whitefire7 said:

I got to agree with that,  it is tied more than just the loot and I like the way it is, it's just unfortunately it's also tied to looting but that's why I will just get a looting pet.

Hey Guys, great beta so far :D rarely see a game run so smoothly when it gets overrun on beta day. 

About the cron quests, I can’t seem to start “A worry resolved”. (After todays patch) The waypoint tries to send me straight ontoo a wall in cron, i cant reach it. Is this a bug or am i missing something? Been stuck on it for a full day now, really want to continue playing.

The patch says talk to beeble, but he doesnt have anything for me. Hope you can Guys can either help me or confirm its a bug :).

cheers!

I don't really have an issue with this. You only have to hold Y to start the process. Its not like you have to remain there holding y the entire time. Looting is different and with pets its not a factor. Gathering also increases in speed as you level up in gathering life skill and the appropriate gathering outfits help as well. Same as it is on PC. There is only so much they can do with a console UI. 

• Like 2

It is quite repetitive but really didn't bother my game play at all.....it was fast and did the job. I can understand wanting auto loot but many a game does not have that feature and perhaps will be added at a later date. Overall the Y button is used allot for many of the features of the console version and hey it was already related to gamer's that it presented many problems for the developers from the get-go. No problem from what I have experienced but twenty million people grinding in the same area presents problems with looting anyhow, and that will make you go nuts with the Y button for looting, on a normal play and not beta it will be fine in my opinion. Happy Beta Everyone! overall its going extremely well :) Server stability is awesome, one of the best I've ever had the pleasure of playing; way to go BDO.

• Like 2

The Y hold always messes up for me. It'll start to go, and then it'll stop before I can pick anything up so what should've taken a few seconds is taking me forever...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RainyWillow said:

The Y hold always messes up for me. It'll start to go, and then it'll stop before I can pick anything up so what should've taken a few seconds is taking me forever...

I noticed this at first. You have to be careful not to move after starting the process or it stops it. Once I got the hang of it, it wasn't as bad.

4 minutes ago, Tr3nch said:

I noticed this at first. You have to be careful not to move after starting the process or it stops it. Once I got the hang of it, it wasn't as bad.

it mostly happens when someone runs by me or a monster spawns nearby.

8 minutes ago, RainyWillow said:

The Y hold always messes up for me. It'll start to go, and then it'll stop before I can pick anything up so what should've taken a few seconds is taking 

I have same problem. If you have lag it is really annoying this hold y thing. I cannot understand why people refuse a better option that just clicking y. Its like we want this just for our purposes. They just change holding y with clicking y, thats it and everybody will be fine. What do you use clicking y in game? What is your loss?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

If you vote for Y hold id love to hear a good reason. Maybe it is viable and im not aware?

I'll shed a little light on the hold Y stuff. 

If you look at the way things are handled with that menu, a tap 'Y' rotates the circle around. So if you're with your horse, then you tap y to rotate the circle around to see info, and then hold y to access. I guess the system itself is universal, so that's why it happens on gathering.

Although we're not responding much on the forums, we are combing through everything and jotting it down. And after beta, once all the feedback is gathered, I'll try and get a report out to you guys and address some of the more common things

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, [CM] Simon said:

If you look at the way things are handled with that menu, a tap 'Y' rotates the circle around. So if you're with your horse, then you tap y to rotate the circle around to see info, and then hold y to access. I guess the system itself is universal, so that's why it happens on gathering.

Although we're not responding much on the forums, we are combing through everything and jotting it down. And after beta, once all the feedback is gathered, I'll try and get a report out to you guys and address some of the more common things

Thanks Simon. Gotta say I'm extremely happy and impressed with how responsive PA has been

• Like 2

the 180 auto turn is way too sensitive, we need option to toggle it off, i get the idea but its too iffy going off in the middle of combat etc. (didn't know where else to put it figured this was as good a place as any)

1 hour ago, goat said:

the 180 auto turn is way too sensitive, we need option to toggle it off, i get the idea but its too iffy going off in the middle of combat etc. (didn't know where else to put it figured this was as good a place as any)

It's already gone with today's patch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cloudkicker said:

Thanks Simon. Gotta say I'm extremely happy and impressed with how responsive PA has been

100% this. Simon and the rest of the staff are doing a amazing job assisting users get through quests and help troubleshooting the game. Amazing staff and if it lasts into the full release this stands to be one of the best mmo launches and servers I have seen.

As far as holding Y to pick up items and tapping Y to rotate. It looks like the process could be resolved with figuring out if there is only one option on the Y ring to just make a tap the only thing and it has the same action.

8 hours ago, [CM] Simon said:

Thank for the reply simon. Over all the beta is solid (small hiccup with the redownload but thats cool) and im really impressed with everything. I will probably buy the X for better performances since I have some fps drops on the OG.

The Y wheel is a great interface tool, no doubt. However it is completely redundant in gathering. Unless PA is going to come up with pets I can buy to collect gatherables, gathering in bdx will be severly handicapped.