Dr INF3NRO

Post beta updates - Y hold reduced to 0.2s

Click or hold Y to gather/loot  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Click or Hold Y to gather/loot?

• Hold Y to gather/loot
    • Click to gather/loot

Our voices resonated all the way to PA

The Y hold mechanism was reduced from 0.74~ to 0.2.

Combine it with the instant "loot all" mechanism and were on par with the PC gathering time.

Pets still should be used to monster looting either way.

Further testing will be done once the game is released.

I'd like to thank everyone for their support and comments on this topic and a special thanks to the BDX staff that show us over and over that the community and players have a strong voice and that we are not ignored.

Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------

What we represented: 

- 82% voted for a click action in gathering / looting -

- Multiple replies in favour of the click action - 

- No actual explanation for the necessity of the "Y hold" action in gathering / looting was given -

- The importance of gatherers to the economy -

- Evidence of the duration of holding Y in gathering / looting (0.74 seconds) -

- Calculation of time consumed of average players in gathering (30~ minutes/week) -

- Calculation of time consumed of "hardcore" players in gathering (110~ minutes/week) -

- Imbalance proved as pets "solve" the issue while no solution is present for gathering -

Whats been tested:

I've done some Button holding tests using the following site on my smartphone www.holdthebutton.com. 

I used my index finger with both hands,  One on the controller and the other on the phone's screen. These are the results of the measurements i did:

Untitled123.jpg.72c37fc20d0656aa5e2a4ef79bf6d1e4.jpg

I did 60 button hold tests under 2 conditions, 30 Normal and 30 with "lag" (3 running youtube videos, torrent seeding, phone wifi).

There's not a big difference between the 2 but what it shows us is that the hold time is 0.74 seconds

What we accomplished:

A reduction of roughly 0.5 seconds from gathering and monster looting.

Cheers

Edited by Dr INF3NRO
Ladies and gentlemen, we got him
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, Hush said:

Add auto-loot kills.  Holding Y after killing packs of enemies is a pain in the butt.

Totally agree. This is also applied on gathering. 

Pepewithgun.jpg.88388f202672e1eed6208563accb20c0.jpg

Yeah, the hold Y surprised me the too, why? Just why...

I wanted to start looting while grinding until we get the pet at 12am but seriously...

• Like 1

The hold Y I assume is to prevent players from steal spamming loot that some other player earned while killing a lot of enemies only to find dsome random stole all the loot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There sould be a solition for "a worry resolved" quest. I cannot get a horse because of this quest😐is this story quest line temporary ? Original one was good for me. I hope they turn it to back original quest line.

And i think just tapping to y button would be better for looting and interaction. Its really slowed down grinding and already there is no command for tapping y button. Adding item selection when looting would be great too. 

• Like 1

To get your workers to repeat tasks, you have to go to the worker menu (add it to a ring menu) and I think it’s RT + X to repeat task and it’ll repeat all tasks 50000 times. You can also feed multiple beer to workers at this menu

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Corgi said:

To get your workers to repeat tasks, you have to go to the worker menu (add it to a ring menu) and I think it’s RT + X to repeat task and it’ll repeat all tasks 50000 times. You can also feed multiple beer to workers at this menu

Oh thats great! Thanks, ill try it asap.

35 minutes ago, Harming said:

The hold Y is honestly pretty bad.

This can be addressed with pets for grinding BUT feels alot like a money grab, making manual looting unbearable.

Even just allowing you to rapidly tap Y to claim all loot in an are would be a big improvement.

With the current system I couldn't even imagine grinding Saus without pets. It would be AOE a pack instantly, spend 45 seconds to loot, rekill the same pack because they've already re spawned.

Well have to see how this is addressed moving forward.

Agreed. Though looting can be "fixed" with p2w but this totaly renders gathering USELESS.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 2:10 AM, Rocketfuel77777 said:

that's why you have to buy pets.

Edited by Harming

1 minute ago, Harming said:

Most serious grinders are going to have a full stock of t4 pets (at-least t3) regardless.

I think its the principle here though that feels wrong.

Its taking the pc version of manual looting (which is already bad) and making it much slower and worse.

This  gives further incentives for casuals and common player to spend $ on the shop, but feels dirty overall.

I dont lifeskill outside of farming for shards but apparently its making gathering awful also.

I think this could be a big issue heading into launch.

I see your point but I only consider it tedious when it comes to looting mobs and I will get rid of this problem with pets. Now for gathering, you don't have to press it that often compared to grinding. Just a thought. 

• Like 1

If anyone clicks hold Y  make sure they didn't accidentally hit the wrong button.

I plan on buying max pets at launch so looting won't be a big deal for me but gathering meat for cooking will suck with the current system

Edited by Darthaden
  • Thanks 1

On 11/9/2018 at 3:43 AM, Darthaden said:

If anyone clicks hold Y  make sure they didn't accidentally hit the wrong button.

I plan on buying max pets at launch so looting won't be a big deal for me but gathering meat for cooking will suck with the current system

Edited by Harming
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Harming said:

I can just see the mass of people on sheep hill mass skinning... very slowly once hards/sharps launch :(

And. The whole apeal of black desert is its fast pase......if I wanted to play a slow grind is go play on a private vanilla wow server

• Like 2

On 11/9/2018 at 5:03 AM, Darthaden said:

And. The whole apeal of black desert is its fast pase......if I wanted to play a slow grind is go play on a private vanilla wow server

Edited by Harming

I understand the Y point but the thing is for us that haven't played on PC it's not a big issue because we that's all we know. It's nowhere close to a deal breaker for me and the only people with an issue are the ones coming from PC. While this could be improved, like I said before, I hope PC players don't come in this game and try to recreate the PC version by bitching on the forums about how it's not the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well... For me it is a big issue if you want to enjoy the game and loot drops from monsters without pets. Let's say you kill 5 mobs and then you need to use 5/10 secs to gather from them

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 4

think I figured out the point of the Y thing......I was trying to figure out how to check my horse stats and noticed a menu ring when I went to mount him....by pressing Y but not holding it you can switch between options for your horse like mounting, equipping gear, storing inventory, checking stats, and so on... would still like to see this removed from looting though

On 11/9/2018 at 2:31 PM, Jammer480 said:

I understand the Y point but the thing is for us that haven't played on PC it's not a big issue because we that's all we know. It's nowhere close to a deal breaker for me and the only people with an issue are the ones coming from PC. While this could be improved, like I said before, I hope PC players don't come in this game and try to recreate the PC version by bitching on the forums about how it's not the same.

The issue about it is that you can bypass the looting with pets. For gathering its a whole different story. Gathering was a decent way to earn silver aside of grinding but was never as good as grinding. So what tgis basically does is making silver with gathering completely useless since youre adding 0.74 seconds to the rotation. people spend alot of effort to reduce the timer by even 0.1 second because it means alot if you gather by the thousands. 0.74s is a headshot to life skillers.

Edited by Dr INF3NRO