JustJay

(XBOX)Mouse & Keyboard support

Although Xbox doesn’t have it yet, they’re in the making of adding mouse and keyboard support in which a great number of people are able to test out in the insider program. It’d be nice if a little later after release or so if you could add mouse and keyboard support for Black Desert on Xbox. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JustJay said:

Although Xbox doesn’t have it yet, they’re in the making of adding mouse and keyboard support in which a great number of people are able to test out in the insider program. It’d be nice if a little later after release or so if you could add mouse and keyboard support for Black Desert on Xbox. 

This will be the smartest thing they can do!. I hope they do it cause when Razer release the Xbox mouse and keyboard i will be getting it!. lol 

Yes! I actually tested the Insider Program KB&M integration with Warframe, it felt sooo good. Smooth and just good.... if this game could start fighting for support of that out of the gate it would be the smartest thing they can do. 

• Confused 1

Only if you can use them on m&kb servers would i agree as it would provide advantage against people who prefer controllers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Namus said:

Only if you can use them on m&kb servers would i agree as it would provide advantage against people who prefer controllers.

Not sure if that's actually the case. In some areas the mouse and keyboard are better sure, but in plenty of other areas the controller wins out over the mouse and keyboard. Black Desert isn't like a standard mmo and action fighter. The way that pearl abyss seem to have balanced the two, intentionally or not, is really great. Combos feel more fluid and easier on the controller for me and if people tried out both and learned them bot I think they would come to the same conclusion.

Edited by xCROv
  • Like 1

The game was made specifically for controller. The combat system was re-designed for it. They could have released the game ages ago if they wanted to use keyboard and mouse. Also would need to come up with a new system to make it fair for controllers and that shouldn't be a main priority after all the time they spent. 

53 minutes ago, Metalpotatoe said:

The game was made specifically for controller. The combat system was re-designed for it. They could have released the game ages ago if they wanted to use keyboard and mouse. Also would need to come up with a new system to make it fair for controllers and that shouldn't be a main priority after all the time they spent. 

The PC version has had support for controller forever. The combat system also hasn't changed at all. If you were unable to see the UI or what hardware the game was running on 99% of people complaining wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

While not a necessity, I would definitely appreciate it if the devs decided to implement M&Kb in the future.

I personally prefer M&Kb over the controller in games like this, simply because the map and other UI would be so much easier to navigate.

• Like 1

pvp would be unbalanced I think... keyboard+ mouse has big advantage against controller in this game with some many shortcuts you can add to the keyboard

trust me the game won't be unbalanced, I played with my friend on pc and he used a controller with his dk and even hard core pc play was surprised at how well he could hold his own and kill a lot of top player on eu 

10 hours ago, Kenji said:

Play PC Version?

Im assuming you mean well but that’s a slow thing to say, obviously I’m on Xbox for a reason which is why I made this post in suggestions for Xbox. I pointed that out right in the title. 

9 hours ago, Jammer480 said:

It's already there...called pc version

Except it’s not their, as my title states; this is for Xbox so no. Pc version is on pc, but it’s clearly been stated that we are asking for this on Xbox given Xbox now has mouse & keyboard support. 

14 minutes ago, JustJay said:

Except it’s not their, as my title states; this is for Xbox so no. Pc version is on pc, but it’s clearly been stated that we are asking for this on Xbox given Xbox now has mouse & keyboard support. 

Right. And I'm saying the majority of console players dont want it. So it was a friendly suggestion that, instead of posing an unwanted idea on the majority, just go play where kb&m are accepted n loved. 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jammer480 said:

Right. And I'm saying the majority of console players dont want it. So it was a friendly suggestion that, instead of posing an unwanted idea on the majority, just go play where kb&m are accepted n loved. 😁

Except, most do? The only thing anyone is worried about is being able to choose between who they play against but that depends on game. It’s obviously not unwanted given some are agreeing with it on these forums along with plenty outside of it. MnK wouldn’t have any negativeeffects with support given anyone would be able to pay $10 for a good set and use it. You should probably be well versed on the subject before giving „friendly suggestions“. 

• Like 1

Mouse and key board would kill the xbox version. The combat works great on controller and actually having thumbs is what makes this version awesome. Keyboard for typing, menu, market place and all that fine but leave it out of combat

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Flexkw0ndo said:

Mouse and key board would kill the xbox version. The combat works great on controller and actually having thumbs is what makes this version awesome. Keyboard for typing, menu, market place and all that fine but leave it out of combat

Most definitely wouldn’t kill it given anyone could easily just plug one in, controller was great on it but for an mmo; mouse and keyboard just feels better for most of us. Obviously don’t allow mouse and keyboard in tournaments if they go for stuff like that. 

9 hours ago, JustJay said:

Except, most do? The only thing anyone is worried about is being able to choose between who they play against but that depends on game. It’s obviously not unwanted given some are agreeing with it on these forums along with plenty outside of it. MnK wouldn’t have any negativeeffects with support given anyone would be able to pay $10 for a good set and use it. You should probably be well versed on the subject before giving „friendly suggestions“. 

Overwhelmingly the majority of xbox players do not want it, check any poll results or show me one that proves otherwise. It will change eventually but right now most do not want it.

https://strawpoll.com/33gpgarf

• Like 2

You can already use a keyboard to play BTW just no mouse. GL with that... The precision of the mouse vs the Stick, its just not right for the console.

Edited by Kenji

13 hours ago, Jammer480 said:

Overwhelmingly the majority of xbox players do not want it, check any poll results or show me one that proves otherwise. It will change eventually but right now most do not want it.

https://strawpoll.com/33gpgarf

Your link is invalid as it’s not an official poll or statistics by Microsoft/Xbox and has only around a couple hundred Votes. 

12 hours ago, CubicVariable42 said:

No mouse and keyboard support thanks. If you want it go play PC 

There’s a reason as to why it’s being suggested for Xbox. Anyone, even being poor would be able to use it. 

12 hours ago, Kenji said:

You can already use a keyboard to play BTW just no mouse. GL with that... The precision of the mouse vs the Stick, its just not right for the console.

Except an mmo like this doesn’t give an advantage, Xbox has already let quite a bit of people try the support and as long as they don’t put it in a competitive/tournament scene then it’s fine. The precision on this game means nothing, in the beta, you didn’t even have to aim to hit your target due to the assist. 

This is same situation as every other forum discussion and reddit discussion...one uninformed person persistently tries to say everyone wants kb&m on xbox while 20 people say its not wanted. The majority just dont want to deal with the potential issues because once you go down that trail there's no return. Like I said, it will happen eventually because the noisy minority somehow always get their way.

• Like 1