Sign in to follow this  
Skoal

Astro A50 voicechat issue

Region: NA
Server: Calpheon
Bug description: The XBOX Astro A50 headset fails to be detected as a headset/mic by the ingame voicechat system, even though the xbox itself is able to make use of it. This is a USB-based headset, but it seems the voicechat system only detects what is plugged into the controller. This is incorrect, and renders the headset unusable for both listening and speaking.

Edited by Skoal
Clarity

2 hours ago, Skoal said:

Bug description: The XBOX Astro A50 headset fails to be detected as a headset/mic by the ingame voicechat system, even though the xbox itself is able to make use of it. This is a USB-based headset, but it seems the voicechat system only detects what is plugged into the controller. This is incorrect, and renders the headset unusable for both listening and speaking.

i have the astro a50 gen3 wireless headset and chat works fine. u should check the voice section in the ring menu to make sure everything is turned on properly.

7 hours ago, Skoal said:

It's an Xbox issue just unhook it and plug it back in until you get voice that what I had to do.

4 hours ago, SksNightfox said:

It's an Xbox issue just unhook it and plug it back in until you get voice that what I had to do.

Yeah, tried this 5x. Still didn't work, even though the headset and mic work fine in everything else.

On 11/9/2018 at 8:47 PM, Skoal said:

Yeah, tried this 5x. Still didn't work, even though the headset and mic work fine in everything else.

I'm having the same problem. My headset works with every other game just fine, but this game doesn't seem to detect my headset since it's not plugged into the controller. My turtle beaches work with them, just not my a50s.