Sign in to follow this  
Partynator

Xbox One Beta impressions

Hey Community, 

I've been waiting for this game for a while, and I can tell I liked it. However, I was counting on playing with one of the more newer classes (Ninja), but it's not available on the Beta. Will the full game have all the classes as the PC game?

Also I want to share some impressions. First the good ones.

• Graphics are pretty amazing. Even not playing on xbox one x yet, I can tell it looks amazing.
  • Combat system is kind of cool with the controller. I like more the idea of combos and chains, than the stupid 1 button, 1 skill as FFIV does.

Bad impressions:

• All the servers were marked as Crowded... so when I got to a certain region, I was hard to distinguish my own player from the rest of the things in the screen. Not sure if this is how its going to be on the full game.
  • Due the amount of things on the screen, I got a ton of lagging on these areas.
  • I tried to pick another clothes from my character since the creation (also from the change appearance), and it did not work. My character got clothes I did not picked.
  • As I mentioned, I really wanted to try the extra classes. One of the main reason I've been expecting this game, its because it has some classes that are kind of unique from the Other MMOs, so the fact that they are not on the Beta was a bit disappointing.

Open questions:

• World Map is hard to understand, not sure if this is how the game is, but It could improve a bit.
  • Weapon appearance not changing as you pick new weapons? I guess this is part of how the game works? same with armors?
  • Having quests around Housing, Nodes, workers to explain the systems (which are also kind of unique) would be super helpful for new players like me.

Looking forward to hear more about this game.

11 minutes ago, Partynator said:

• I tried to pick another clothes from my character since the creation (also from the change appearance), and it did not work. My character got clothes I did not picked.
  • Weapon appearance not changing as you pick new weapons? I guess this is part of how the game works? same with armors?

Clothes from character creation are for preview purposes only to see how your character looks in different clothes.

If you want good looking armor/weapon you will need to dish out money in cash shop or grind silver to buy from other players.

This game is not new player friendly and this is how it’s been since the beginning. I recommend checking many many websites with guides as there are great people out there who lecture about aspects of the game quite well. 

The map is pretty clear once you understand all the node symbols etc. try toying with Y once browsing the world map for different options like grind spots etc. 

Gear is not fun looking. If you want to stand out from other players you will have to purchase some costumes and weapon skins which are bought using real money. 

Once the game releases, I recommend taking your time learning piece by piece instead of being a jack of all trades. I’m also a new player and this game may be truly overwhelming at times. 

Check Black Desert Foundry for all sorts of beginner’s guides. 

• Like 1

There some major problems with this beta, I downloaded yesterday on the 8th and played it for couple hours, had great time loved it so far, but hopefully they will add a way to minimize the world chat if not completely remove it and the buttons layout on right side I’d like to see more of the world then all this typing crap.

heres the major issue now, logged on this am the 9th and said I have an update, a 23 go update. That was the size of the game so I thought hmmm is it making me download the game again. When I clicked on it in the downloads section of Xbox it the completely disappeared, gone not anywhere to be found. Now I have to download it again. What’s that all about? 

The shitty thing is here in Canada we have download caps on our internet only allowed 250 go a month or we pay extra for usage. Sucks I know but we all can’t afford top notch internet. And before you bitch at me I pay $80 a month for 25 go down and 6gb up and 250 go a month. I stream everything, download all my games so 25gb again is kinda shitty. Guess I’ll be waiting for release.