Dova

Do you think we will see the game before or after E3

20 minutes ago, Wiitchcraft said:

I'll still be on board, the thing that matters to me most is that the product they put out is at its best. I'm getting really tired of playing half finished titles/remakes/ports that got rushed before they were ready. 

Im curious on what else needs to be finished besides the controls. Dont quote me but when people were posting articles i thought i seen one were a guy said its pretty much done

Edited by Azuki

1 hour ago, Azuki said:

Im curious on what else needs to be finished besides the controls. Dont quote me but when people were posting articles i thought i seen one were a guy said its pretty much done

I'm guessing the afk system will be slightly different 

2 hours ago, Wiitchcraft said:

I'll still be on board, the thing that matters to me most is that the product they put out is at its best. I'm getting really tired of playing half finished titles/remakes/ports that got rushed before they were ready. 

Well, i'm not sure how many weeks we have till this game releases but I do know that currently on PC things aren't looking to great in terms of PvP and class balance. So that could fall under a half finished product. Especially those looking to PvP.

Will Xbox be balanced differently than PC? It begs the question.

Despite that though we still have time and i'll still be on board. They clearly wanna show something great.

However like @Azuki said, I think many peoples patience is thinning. 

Edited by The Guiido
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Wiitchcraft said:

This conversation is all hypothetical because I firmly believe we will get solid info at E3 2018, however... How long will you stay on board? I'm one of the ones that's been watching/following since before E3 2017. I would rather have a half finished product thru the Game Preview program than what we have now, which is nothing. I'm not saying I won't play when it finally(if ever) releases. I'm just saying that, if PA fails to give us solid and precise release information at E3 2018, my current focus regarding upcoming games will no longer included Black Desert.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

This conversation is all hypothetical because I firmly believe we will get solid info at E3 2018, however... How long will you stay on board? I'm one of the ones that's been watching/following since before E3 2017. I would rather have a half finished product thru the Game Preview program than what we have now, which is nothing. I'm not saying I won't play when it finally(if ever) releases. I'm just saying that, if PA fails to give us solid and precise release information at E3 2018, my current focus regarding upcoming games will no longer included Black Desert.

I honestly would be disappointed in PA if they don’t give us an answer as to when the game will be released. Just like you i’ve been hyped for this game since E3 2017. If they don’t release the game before the summer ends most of the community would have hopped off the hype train that we have been aboard for almost over a year now.

• Like 1

My hope is they have a beta the weekend after E3 and then full launch either the week after or launch after the 4th of July. If they launch the week before or the week of the 4th I'll be a sad panda because I'm going to be super busy those two weeks 

Hopefully after E3 pre-orders become available. I see this happening if the game is supposed to come out by the end of summer or earlier. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Azuki said:

Worst case scenario is it comes late august or later

Which is acceptable... just give us a date. I don't want to hear "This game is to release later this year". I need specifics in order to hold my interest.

Well hopefully we actually get some solid information at E3 this year, at least a narrowed down release date to the month would be nice. I think the majority of people that are still waiting for the game are getting tired of hearing “it’ll launch this year” or “it’ll be released this summer” and then the CMs are not active on the forums and when they are the only thing we hear is “we can’t answer any questions yet”. they definitely need to release something at e3 with all the games coming out this fall the hype for this game will completely die if we don’t get something. But to each their own opinion. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, The Guiido said:

Well, i'm not sure how many weeks we have till this game releases but I do know that currently on PC things aren't looking to great in terms of PvP and class balance. So that could fall under a half finished product. Especially those looking to PvP.

Will Xbox be balanced differently than PC? It begs the question.

Despite that though we still have time and i'll still be on board. They clearly wanna show something great.

However like @Azuki said, I think many peoples patience is thinning. 

I'm sure Xbox will be similarly balanced off the start but as the game progresses I'd wager it changes. The classes that are top in PC might not be top on Xbox due to how different the controls are and/or UI. So if someone starts exploiting something in say a newer like say, Lahn, but it requires complex button presses that aren't capable on controller compared to keyboard and mouse then they might not touch it on xbox, etc. And yeah from what I've read, though not experienced, is that the PvP is just getting a big overhaul. The game sounded pretty finished upon launch but I wasn't there to confirm, the game will seem broken while major fixes to PvP are addressed, so thats a bit different but I get what you mean.

@jammer480 Honestly I'm so disinterested in every game atm that I'll probably remain on board for a really long time, luckily I never gave BDO much of my attention until about a month ago so my interest is still fresh. Though its clear you and many others have been waiting a really so I see the frustration. I'm sure E3 will deliver all we're looking for announcement wise. Surely the company see's our frustration and is simply not responding to not give away surprises for the upcoming E3 event as others have said. Who knows though.

@Azuki well there is a lot to this game and it sounds like they are/were trying to not just do a simple port but actually get it to work well with the system and controller so there way be many things that aren't on the surface that they're working on, boring things like coding tiny little things that barely do anything but make a major difference etc. Though at this point I'm sure they're mostly sitting on it for E3, after a lot of the play testing there they'll just have to touch things up which should in theory only take a few weeks or so. Which is why I anticipate a July or early August release.

9 minutes ago, Wiitchcraft said:

I'm sure Xbox will be similarly balanced off the start but as the game progresses I'd wager it changes. The classes that are top in PC might not be top on Xbox due to how different the controls are and/or UI. So if someone starts exploiting something in say a newer like say, Lahn, but it requires complex button presses that aren't capable on controller compared to keyboard and mouse then they might not touch it on xbox, etc. And yeah from what I've read, though not experienced, is that the PvP is just getting a big overhaul. The game sounded pretty finished upon launch but I wasn't there to confirm, the game will seem broken while major fixes to PvP are addressed, so thats a bit different but I get what you mean.

@jammer480 Honestly I'm so disinterested in every game atm that I'll probably remain on board for a really long time, luckily I never gave BDO much of my attention until about a month ago so my interest is still fresh. Though its clear you and many others have been waiting a really so I see the frustration. I'm sure E3 will deliver all we're looking for announcement wise. Surely the company see's our frustration and is simply not responding to not give away surprises for the upcoming E3 event as others have said. Who knows though.

@Azuki well there is a lot to this game and it sounds like they are/were trying to not just do a simple port but actually get it to work well with the system and controller so there way be many things that aren't on the surface that they're working on, boring things like coding tiny little things that barely do anything but make a major difference etc. Though at this point I'm sure they're mostly sitting on it for E3, after a lot of the play testing there they'll just have to touch things up which should in theory only take a few weeks or so. Which is why I anticipate a July or early August release.

Yeah bro making sure it is a perfect fit into the UI is probably the hardest part. Not easy at all especially with the Assassin classes like Lahn and Ninja. We'll be able to customize our controls though which is great.

People need to stop complaining about the CMs. More CMs dont equal more info.

I just wish I had a new game to grind, I'm getting tired of all my current games. The only ones holding my interest currently is Injustice 2 and Hearthstone.

So the PA E3 event (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/e3-2018-into-the-abyss-tickets-46130831559?aff=ehomecard) references "sneak peeks"... is that referring to Black Desert on Xbox or some other game? That would indicate that the game is not getting released at E3 if they have to offer "sneak peeks". :|

That term just made me think that we might not be getting the info we want to hear at E3... 

Edited by Jammer480

1 minute ago, Jammer480 said:

So the PA E3 event (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/e3-2018-into-the-abyss-tickets-46130831559?aff=ehomecard) references "sneak peeks"... is that referring to Black Desert on Xbox or some other game? That would indicate that the game is not getting released at E3 if they have to offer "sneak peeks". :| 

Tbh that doesn’t mean much imo. Why would they go to e3 in the first place if they didn’t have some announcement planned? They weren’t there last year and that was the first trailer. I expect this game to be released sometime in July honestly. 

8 minutes ago, Ayumii_Katsumii said:

Tbh that doesn’t mean much imo. Why would they go to e3 in the first place if they didn’t have some announcement planned? They weren’t there last year and that was the first trailer. I expect this game to be released sometime in July honestly. 

Do they realize how much hype they could generate if they would say "We will be announcing the release date at our E3 event" instead of saying "sneak peeks"? I just don't get it...

2 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

Do they realize how much hype they could generate if they would say "We will be announcing the release date at our E3 event" instead of saying "sneak peeks"? I just don't get it...

Yeah I don’t get it either. Everyone that will play this game for a month or so are gone they don’t even care anymore, but I can’t blame them because we get little to no information for months at a time and when they do give us something it’s just the same rehashed bs. They hardly ever answer any concerns from the community and when they do it’s just “we can’t answer anything until later when more details are available” like it’s been a whole year since this was announced on twitter back in March or 2017. And they still can’t answer simple questions like pricing, and launch content? It’s ridiculous. If we don’t get a pre order at least at e3 I’ll be done caring about this game honestly. 

• Like 1

I dont wanna get anyone excited but i cant imagine a company not announcing a release date at the biggest game event of the year

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Azuki said:

I dont wanna get anyone excited but i cant imagine a company not announcing a release date at the biggest game event of the year

Yeah I’d like to think that as well. Plus this is the first time they have been at e3 so I hope they announce something. I’d be happy with preorders and game comes out July/August sometime 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ayumii_Katsumii said:

Yeah I’d like to think that as well. Plus this is the first time they have been at e3 so I hope they announce something. I’d be happy with preorders and game comes out July/August sometime 

They were around somewhat last year. But mainly just announcement stuff

1 hour ago, Jammer480 said:

Who else thinks that the incoming policy changes are related to an E3 announcement? :D

It's 2 days before there E3 event, you could be right wizard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jammer480 said:

Who else thinks that the incoming policy changes are related to an E3 announcement? :D

I didn’t even think about that, so many emails about policy changes so it didn’t even cross my mind 😂