Jump to content
Dova

What are you worried about with BDO coming to xbox

Recommended Posts

Just thought I'd start a new topic and see if anyone had anything that they are worried about for when the game finally arrives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

that they fk up the movement and button layout

i would love to see a movement similar to nier automata where you can move your character on all axis using only  the Left Stick  and the camera follows this movement in a smooth way

having to adjust the camera using right stick or even worse choosing directions you walk to using right stick would make it a very tiring experience

im pretty sure that having such a movement transition using left stick to control the character in all direction would cause problems with the combat-system bdo uses  since it is very dependant on what movement action you use (side step, forward, backward) and its combos are attached to it

yet they still could implement a movement similar to nier automata while in none combat-stance to allow easier and more chill movement around the world without having to adjust on camera 24/7


 

Edited by Neferpitou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worried if it'l even launch soon! J/k but seriously I'm worried about the servers, everything that I've seen shows this game is huge! With lots if players in one server. I don' believe there' been a good Mmo launch on Xbox without the 1st or 2nd day the servers going rogue 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Node wars and siege. Top tier pc cant handle when more then 5 guilds collide. Hoping its reworked for xbox. Thats the only thing i think about. I know in its current state theres no way xbox can handle it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only things I'm worried about is that I'll lose my job and my wife and my house and my boat and my dog and my health and...

  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jammer480 said:

Only things I'm worried about is that I'll lose my job and my wife and my house and my boat and my dog and my health and...

goodmem2.jpg.5c14f8b30034566aef7e94435c859b04.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After seeing games like for honor flop at launch. All i can ask for is for the game to work and i dont lag out every 10 min lol. For honor didnt even have dedicated servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Azuki said:

After seeing games like for honor flop at launch. All i can ask for is for the game to work and i dont lag out every 10 min lol. For honor didnt even have dedicated servers.

Yeah I'd be completely shattered if BDO flopped on xbox launch. Although For Honor is a much more stable game now although it lost most of its community. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Dova said:

Yeah I'd be completely shattered if BDO flopped on xbox launch. Although For Honor is a much more stable game now although it lost most of its community. 

I seen that game at e3 in 2015 and was hype. Pre-ordered and all. I was never hurt personally from a bad launch 😂

Edited by Azuki
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mainly worried about performance and controls.. still excited for the game.. if it will ever release. 🤔

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Framerates, the only other game I know on xbox one that is 30 fps is For Honor some of the things in the game are actually nearly impossible to counter for example peacekeepers or orochi’s zones are the fastest attacks in the game and players still to this day have issues countering them. I hope that BDO isn’t going to be the same as to where some attacks are outputted way to fast to actually be counterable, and if seiges just destroy framerates for everyone

Edited by YahNothing
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YahNothing said:

Framerates, the only other game I know on xbox one that is 30 fps is For Honor some of the things in the game are actually nearly impossible to counter for example peacekeepers or orochi’s zones are the fastest attacks in the game and players still to this day have issues countering them. I hope that BDO isn’t going to be the same as to where some attacks are outputted way to fast to actually be counterable, and if seiges just destroy framerates for everyone

Back in March at gdc dual shockers said that the x is targeting 60fps. So I would imagine small scale stuff won’t be so bad but like siege and stuff I hope stays above 25-30 on the x 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ayumii_Katsumii said:

Back in March at gdc dual shockers said that the x is targeting 60fps. So I would imagine small scale stuff won’t be so bad but like siege and stuff I hope stays above 25-30 on the x 

I went on the exact website you said, and almost got a virus put on my computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Guiido said:

I went on the exact website you said, and almost got a virus put on my computer.

Lol I’ve never had a problem with this website, neither has anyone I’ve told about the site. They are also the people who released the gameplay from gdc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ayumii_Katsumii said:

Lol I’ve never had a problem with this website, neither has anyone I’ve told about the site. They are also the people who released the gameplay from gdc. 

Turning off BR downloads and flash off seemed to fix it. Major sketch.

Where is your source for "60 fps" other than that guys article because "appeared to be" isn't valid. Months ago there was an official source from gaming bolt interviewing Jae-hee Kim explicitly stating 30 fps, 4k for Xbox One X, and Standard Xbox One running 1080p 30fps. I'm not saying 60fps isn't possible and that they couldn't of updated it, but I wouldn't hype something that might not be true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The Guiido said:

Turning off BR downloads and flash off seemed to fix it. Major sketch.

Where is your source for "60 fps" other than that guys article because "appeared to be" isn't valid. Months ago there was an official source from gaming bolt interviewing Jae-hee Kim explicitly stating 30 fps, 4k for Xbox One X, and Standard Xbox One running 1080p 30fps. I'm not saying 60fps isn't possible and that they couldn't of updated it, but I wouldn't hype something that might not be true.

I’ve said before on another post that this might not be true but it was the newest article at the time and came with gameplay that Microsoft had approve to be recorded at gdc. Either way we won’t know if it’s 60fps until PA confirms so you can pick what you want to believe. If people expect to get 60fps during large or medium scale they are getting their hopes up. If it does run at 60fps I’d only expect that in solo and maybe some grinding spots. But I’d be happy with 25-30+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×