Kenji

Mouse and Keyboard Support for BDO?

Mouse and Keyboard Support  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have this for BDO? Time for YOU to decide!

• I Support Mouse and Keyboard
    • No thanks. I like my Stick

2 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

Should there be a 3rd option of "I don't care either way"? 😃

People have already cast their vote. besides, it's what were gonna say when either parties win. oh well.🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Yeah I dont really care, still voted no though, as this is a competitive PvP game at some point. It would be hard to monetize this sorta thing and still keep competiive numbers. Just seems very hard to work a way out to balance it. I would likely try it out, see how it works, but even when I played pc games, I did so with a gamepad. If they kept the KnM users together, thatd keep the pc elitist outa the general population. I dont think it would work like that though. Just keep the game free of contemption an keep the playing field the same. Combat feels excellent on a controller. Once you start getting into deep combos, it feels like a very tight fighting game. Which I've always enjoyed, and does seem better taylored to a gamepad anyways.

• Like 1

All that effort they have built into revamping the controls for the controller just to have kids use XIM's? No thank you. Controls ended up being way better than what I expected. Hats off to PA. What a shame that would be. Biggest F*** you to PA for all the time they put into it if people start doing that.

Edited by The Guiido
  • Like 5

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:28 PM, Wiitchcraft said:

I have an Elite controller, close enough.

I just ordered one on black Friday 

5 hours ago, Darthaden said:

I just ordered one on black Friday 

They are nice, the bumpers are the weakest part though. Most people I talk to who's controller broke, that's what broke. I had one too and had that issue. So just watch out for that and you should be good.

19 hours ago, Wiitchcraft said:

They are nice, the bumpers are the weakest part though. Most people I talk to who's controller broke, that's what broke. I had one too and had that issue. So just watch out for that and you should be good.

thanks for the advice. I'm not even going to use the bumpers though, Im setting the bumpers and triggers to the paddles the grip feels a lot better for me not having to reach up to the top of the controller 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Darthaden said:

thanks for the advice. I'm not even going to use the bumpers though, Im setting the bumpers and triggers to the paddles the grip feels a lot better for me not having to reach up to the top of the controller 

Not a bad idea. I was thinking of binding the triggers to the paddles as well, but figured I'd still use them, I just want to make it easier to hit the triggers and bumpers at the same time.

13 hours ago, Wiitchcraft said:

Not a bad idea. I was thinking of binding the triggers to the paddles as well, but figured I'd still use them, I just want to make it easier to hit the triggers and bumpers at the same time.

There's also the option of binding the other 4 buttons so you never have to take your thumb off the right stick but for me the way it requires you to hold the controller just feels awkward and I can't imagine holding it like that for multiple hours while grinding.

1 hour ago, Darthaden said:

There's also the option of binding the other 4 buttons so you never have to take your thumb off the right stick but for me the way it requires you to hold the controller just feels awkward and I can't imagine holding it like that for multiple hours while grinding.

Same. It will take time to find the right bindings, but at least we can.