Sign in to follow this  
MasterGeneral

Anyone want to watch some Gameplay of the boss fight (no commentary)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9s4P2ZKqcs

Hope you guys Enjoy, I have some footage of the end of beta on Glish I'll upload later if you guys want, and I also have some thoughts on the use of the "Value pack" in game, Thoughts as in it shouldn't offer an EXP boost on Xbox due to us already needing a "Gold" subscription to play. 

I think they need to remove any EXP boost so that they can maximize active users. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure Microsoft has pay outs to content providers and publishers based on their active users, meaning that having the most users is most important, where as on PC even if you are the most successful in terms of users you could (in theory) end up losing money over time as active users cost money to maintain and aren't paying anything. Maybe this is incorrect, or it is correct and they still want to add EXP boosters to try and make as much money as possible, as I say, that will work, but it will cost them overall as that will hurt active users. I think the writing is on the wall for them as a company,  Focus on BDO as an Xbox title, that is just pay for cosmetics, and not pay to win.

Since there are no other MMORPG'S available on Xbox, any strategy, Literally any they use is going to net them lots of money, if it's pay to look cute or to win. Just hope these lovely Koreans aren't so naive to think they should cash in on us as quick as possible and that it will net them long term success, this game could dominate the system for years and they should recognize that and remove this PC pay for EXP gameplay feature.

• Like 1

Thank you kindly sir, I’ll try and put this into a longer “story of the last day of beta” video, hopefully in even better quality.

I also realise now I’m just re-watching my gameplay over and over because I want more Black Desert 😂

1 hour ago, MasterGeneral said:

I think they need to remove any EXP boost so that they can maximize active users. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure Microsoft has pay outs to content providers and publishers based on their active users, meaning that having the most users is most important, where as on PC even if you are the most successful in terms of users you could (in theory) end up losing money over time as active users cost money to maintain and aren't paying anything. Maybe this is incorrect, or it is correct and they still want to add EXP boosters to try and make as much money as possible, as I say, that will work, but it will cost them overall as that will hurt active users. I think the writing is on the wall for them as a company,  Focus on BDO as an Xbox title, that is just pay for cosmetics, and not pay to win.

Since there are no other MMORPG'S available on Xbox, any strategy, Literally any they use is going to net them lots of money, if it's pay to look cute or to win. Just hope these lovely Koreans aren't so naive to think they should cash in on us as quick as possible and that it will net them long term success, this game could dominate the system for years and they should recognize that and remove this PC pay for EXP gameplay feature.

The "pay for EXP" boost needs to remain to provide some degree of balance between those that have time and those that have money. 

Also apparently you're not familiar with Xbox but there are actually a number of mmorpgs available on xbox with ESO possibly being the most popular. Most of them, including ESO, use some type of pay for xp boost and PA would be absolutely stupid to remove it.

Edited by Jammer480
  • Like 2

That XP boost that value pack provides is the least of your problems. People will buy value pack mainly for reduced taxes on marketboard. Without it you cant make money selling things.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Namus said:

That XP boost that value pack provides is the least of your problems. People will buy value pack mainly for reduced taxes on marketboard. Without it you cant make money selling things.

...assuming of course they copy what's on pc. Who knows what they'll throw in those packs for us console peasants, lol

Value pack is in the Black Desert Online so they could have a PC sub while telling  the audience there is not a sub. It has literally nothing to do with people who have “more time”

ESO is by far the only actual competitor as things like neverwinter are way to small.

ESO down to the engine, gameplay mechanics, the cash shop, everything in ESO is bad and not made well. Also ESO is a full price 60$ release with paid DLC and Pay to access Races, Zones and Pvp and on top of that it has a sub that doesn’t give access to all DLC. This is a predatory business model and I guess the next step to your statement is  “MMO games that charge less than this are stupid”

And maybe you are right but people are really starting to hate Bethesda so maybe they went too far finally, the game isn’t fun so it’s an artistic failure as it is so if your art is bad I don’t know how they’ll get folks into fallout 76

But regardless, what about everyone who has time and money, the game is giving them an obvious advantage. 

Meaning it actually doesn’t matter about time or money, in current BDO having the value pack makes you better at the game due to getting EXP faster than literally anyone else. 

And also regardless dude since we already have to sub to the game, telling people 

“BTW there is a second sub that directly makes you better” is going to drive Xbox players away.

Edited by MasterGeneral
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey, I guess we'll just have to disagree. Imo, ESO is one the best games on Xbox,  I've played and subbed to it since it released on console 3.5yrs ago.100% disagree with your opinion of it and and still have a ton of friends who play.

As far as the rest of your comments, it's very difficult to follow your logic, they make no sense, especially in relation to what we were discussing as value packs do not improve one's skill the slightest. I fully intend to make use of any XP boosts my limited money can buy as I have limited time to play.

Regardless, I'm sure our 2 cents on the topic won't affect PA's decision so I'm out. Peace!

Well listen I don’t completely disagree or dislike you, and I’m fascinated by various opinions, 

maybe you aren’t following in one way because I’m mentioning multiple things, but I also think you can’t answer the problem of skill gap. 

Saying you can beat the game faster than me gives you an advantage. To say “it has nothing to do with skill” is false, because yes it doesn’t make me better but if I can get further than you in a game like this, I am now better regardless of skill. 

As in Barry Bonds can say Anibolic Steroids “did not help my talent” but they made him stronger than others. 

So yea the boost doesn’t make you better, but come on, it’s just another sub that gives you an advantage.  

Also I don’t mind PA not listening to me. I’d rather hear the normal person’s opinion like you, because that sort of shows why games are made the way they are, and who is actually enjoying them. Because I definitely had some fun moments in ESO and it lead me to despise the game overall because I felt it didn’t deliver, interesting  to see the opposite from someone.

Edited by MasterGeneral
  • Thanks 2

On 11/15/2018 at 2:16 PM, Jammer480 said:

The "pay for EXP" boost needs to remain to provide some degree of balance between those that have time and those that have money. 

Also apparently you're not familiar with Xbox but there are actually a number of mmorpgs available on xbox with ESO possibly being the most popular. Most of them, including ESO, use some type of pay for xp boost and PA would be absolutely stupid to remove it.

Edited by Harming
  • Like 1

As a player of 8 max cp characters on ESO. Their end game gear is and always will be in a fine spot. They do not change the gear cap, rather introduce new gear into the meta. It is very easy to reroll a new toon and have him be top tier capable as soon as you hit 50 without investing any real currency. Even yellow gear doesnt yield crazy results compared the purple, weapons aside. From what I gathered amongst my reserch, is that gear gets super super grindy and hella expensive,regardless how easy it is to amass hundreds of millions later on. That being said, the direction PA is going by giving us base content from launch. Will really help keep things balanced down the road. There would be a good number of pc players coming over looking to secure top spots amongst leaderboards(assuming there is some) getting tri and whatever higher level gear before most people could get a full set of +15. This is a good way to launch a fresh version of the game and dripping out new content ensures people have ample time to stay on par with top gear.

1 hour ago, Harming said:

The quote about balance those that have time and those that have money falls flat completly.  Those who have both time and money will soar ahead exponentially and no one who has one or the other will ever be able to compete.  It's a massive flaw in any p2w argument. 

Finally someone who gets it!

• Thanks 2

Really awesome seeing same names from beta here on the forums, that being said, sorry for all the ESO jokes in game 😬 I was just really happy on Black Desert guys I’m sorry. Also I probably have a skewed view because I just want 2015 oblivion and I didn’t get it lol. 

Also shout out to the time money guys laying it down.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MasterGeneral said:

also realise now I’m just re-watching my gameplay over and over because I want more Black Desert 

I find myself doing the exact same thing. My own and soo many youtube videos. Just like the one posted. Trying to see if I can spot myself on there. Glish was my jam. 

Hopefully the more gameplay we watch will make the wait bareable, right? 😞

I’m going to cut together some gameplay of everyone chilling out and dueling during the fireworks, pretty sure you’ll be in that Jacs 😄

• Like 1

Just now, MasterGeneral said:

Hopefully the more gameplay we watch will make the wait bareable, right? 😞

I’m going to cut together some gameplay of everyone chilling out and dueling during the fireworks, pretty sure you’ll be in that Jacs 😄

Can't wait to see! I had missed the first bit of the fireworks dueling it out. Don't think I missed much, as the fireworks were a half hour long. At least I'll have something to show for it! Was pretty cool looking up and seeing all the players on the wall spectating and showing some love in the chat before the show started. 

3 hours ago, Harming said:

The quote about balance those that have time and those that have money falls flat completly.  Those who have both time and money will soar ahead exponentially and no one who has one or the other will ever be able to compete.  It's a massive flaw in any p2w argument. 

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree because I'm not interested in getting involved in another useless discussion on what determines p2w. Quite possibly you'll find that there are very few console players with both time n money. Adios amigos!

8 hours ago, MasterGeneral said:

Really awesome seeing same names from beta here on the forums, that being said, sorry for all the ESO jokes in game 😬 I was just really happy on Black Desert guys I’m sorry. Also I probably have a skewed view because I just want 2015 oblivion and I didn’t get it lol. 

Also shout out to the time money guys laying it down.

The ESO jokes made it better!

And I agree that most of the cash shop is basically p2w, especially now that Y hold FORCES you to buy pets (would probably buy anyway for special effects) that being said you can buy value packs on the market (pc) and theres a bottleneck called RNG. A guy who spent hundreds of $ could constantly fail tet/pen while the guy who spent 20$ slowly but surely catchs up to him.

Either way you want to die at the end.

• Like 1