angryps4gamer

Black Desert When

If it's not in 2018 - they will likely get crushed by the big headliners that are coming out in February / March ( Anthem / Division 2 ).

1 hour ago, Rook said:

I bet we have another open beta before launch.  Q1 launch.   There was a reason for no marketplace, trading, main city, boss spawns.  I'm sure they knew the kazarka spawn was gonna be an issue.  Spawned at midnight est.  Before the beta ended.

I would be alright with that, as well.

Do we have any idea what time frame "coming soon" encompasses, btw?

Beta was one thousand times better than Tera but Tera released 2 weeks after the beta. I’m expecting an announcement any day now

23 minutes ago, Fortune said:

Beta was one thousand times better than Tera but Tera released 2 weeks after the beta. I’m expecting an announcement any day now

I don't recall tera having so many bugs

13 minutes ago, Daniel said:

If you think Tera ran better than Black Desert you're delusional, you probably just couldn't figure out the end of the quest lines they ended and you could not continue.

Edited by Beond

They may launch before January if they launch with what they let us play.  Beta was fairly smooth.  But for somebody that played PC it was 2 days worth of content.  Then AFK lifeskills.

If PA are still following their schedule we'll have the game in early to mid December. Otherwise expect the game around mid January. 

From how well the beta turned out I'd imagine their doing what they can to give us the release this year. 

Anything after the 25th of this month and I'll be disappointed, they have not been active at all what means they're probably busting out a lot of hours from feedback of the beta and we will get it this month.

• Like 1

3 years on the pc for me and i could care less about random bugs. Consoles have pretty lame mmorpgs out such as tera which is very old and outdated as well as eso having the worst combat and dated character graphics.

1 hour ago, Beond said:

If you think Tera ran better than Black Desert you're delusional, you probably just couldn't figure out the end of the quest lines they ended and you could not continue.

I don't recall tera having problems with disconnects, bugged ui, no camera options, bugged skill menu, "game breaking" bugs as Simon said etc. 

And also congrats on your reaction and calling people delusional

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Daniel said:

I don't recall tera having problems with disconnects, bugged ui, no camera options, bugged skill menu, "game breaking" bugs as Simon said etc. 

Tera had many UI and quest related bugs in the beta as well as disconnecting issues. Did you even play it? Velika was horribly laggy and it took forever to take the Pegasus anywhere. It was so bad i decided not to even play the game when it launched and continue waiting for BDO. Not to mention they had two open betas. Black desert beta was great with a few minor ui and quest issues. Clearly they have spent a lot of time polishing before the beta and it showed.

6 hours ago, Daniel said:

Tera had huge issues. In fact even a month after release me and my friend couldn't even party up on our mains, haven't tried since. 

Im curious about the servers their using. Xbox provided ones? or are they sticking with who they hired out for the servers. From my understanding these guys are some of the lowest rated companies for server performance, and they signed a multi year deal. Im sort of on the mindset that with a different platform release they are not bounded by the standing contract for pc. Xbox servers have always been pretty solid.

Edited by Jacs

10 minutes ago, Luna Mariposa said:

Sounds like a silent auction up in here..

Do I hear 2018? 2019? Can I get a 2021? Do I hear 2021?

By 2021 I'm hoping to be playing at 60fps on whatever xbox launches next. Aside from the discless xbox coming soon.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Luna Mariposa said:

By 2021 I hope to be happily playing BDX myself. 

Either that or I'm going to have a PC built for PC-based MMOs.

If they cant make 60fps a feasable standard for all games next gen. I might join you and get back into pc's.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 12:41 AM, Luna Mariposa said:

By 2021 I hope to be happily playing BDX myself. 

Either that or I'm going to have a PC built for PC-based MMOs.

Edited by Harming
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Daniel said:

Can confirm tera was a bug fest during technical tests.

Bit better on beta but they had so many crash complaints in velika that  they had to do a server overhaul and do a 2nd beta.

Bdx seemed MUCH more stable in terms of server performance and bugs

I think there's a bigger demand with QoL issues like options to lower graphics on the xbone and, EHM, some issues with holding a certain *cough* button to do stuff.

1 hour ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

Can confirm tera was a bug fest during technical tests.

Bit better on beta but they had so many crash complaints in velika that  they had to do a server overhaul and do a 2nd beta.

Bdx seemed MUCH more stable in terms of server performance and bugs

I think there's a bigger demand with QoL issues like options to lower graphics on the xbone and, EHM, some issues with holding a certain *cough* button to do stuff.

I guess I played the second one then