Enslar

AFK Energy Saver Mode

Okay, by now we all have seen that AFK life skills require us to stay actively online with the game open, and it's all been nicely glossed over and ignored since beta. It's a really serious issue that needs to be addressed. If we're going to have to stay online for workers and afk life skills, there should at least be a power-saving mode similar to the way PC uses less resources when the game is minimized. Implement this missing feature, so that players can at least lessen the energy usage required, and not wear out our consoles.

• Like 3

Would like to have access to such a feature. If we don't get it at launch potentially down the road. 

My xbox day one edition has been on 24/7 since the day i bought it. Either for gaming or a media center, it shouldnt be too much of an issue. Would be nice but not sure they could do it with xbox coding. As you minimize a game it usually signs you out. 

Like what Makeum said, i usually do that as well. Though there won't be much done with saving power that way.

That being said, the xbox does have a sort of lower power mode, but i'm not sure if it'll be compatible with afk-ing in game. It's when you tap the power button to shut it off with power mode set to instant on. Essentially the xbox is on the entire time on minimal power and still maintains it's connection (like sleep on a pc, but with a connection). This lets the xbox update games, apps, and it's software while you have it "off" and actually keeps your last session on so you can pick up right where you left off. The only games this doesn't really work with are online games where afk-ing will cause you to timeout (destiny 2 is a good example), and even then it opens right up to the menu screen with the timeout message. Which makes me wonder if BDO would timeout as well, or just leave your character skilling since the game hasn't actually been exited, just minimized.

But if anything i'll test if it works myself and reply back when the game releases to let you know if it works with instant on. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MakeumRage said:

My xbox day one edition has been on 24/7 since the day i bought it. Either for gaming or a media center, it shouldnt be too much of an issue. Would be nice but not sure they could do it with xbox coding. As you minimize a game it usually signs you out. 

There is a difference between simply on and on with heavy load (playing a game basically). The more heat your console produces the more wear silicon chip (CPU and GPU) has and the lower the lifespan of your cooler because it needs to work at high speeds all the time to keep it from burning your house down lol.

Edited by Namus
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Namus said:

There is a difference between simply on and on with heavy load (playing a game basically). The more heat your console produces the more wear silicon chip (CPU and GPU) has and the lower the lifespan of your cooler because it needs to work at high speeds all the time to keep it from burning your house down lol.

I think you didnt understand. Its on and in use almost all day everyday. If not games, its running kodi. Also most coolers dont even need to operate at too speeds. They come way overrated for the device and can run at 40-50% max and be fine. Point is, even if you leave BDO on full time, its not going to burn your console out. People that say that just dont understand modern elctronics. Treat it right, keep it cleaned, and running BDO full time wont be an issue. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MakeumRage said:

I think you didnt understand. Its on and in use almost all day everyday. If not games, its running kodi. Also most coolers dont even need to operate at too speeds. They come way overrated for the device and can run at 40-50% max and be fine. Point is, even if you leave BDO on full time, its not going to burn your console out. People that say that just dont understand modern elctronics. Treat it right, keep it cleaned, and running BDO full time wont be an issue. 

No its you who doesn't understand how it works. The more you use it the shorter lifespan it has. Silicon the material CPU/GPU is made from degrades over time due to heat. The more you use it the longer it is exposed to heat. It doesn't matter if it is 60 degrees or 100 degrees and starts shutting down its being degraded the only difference is higher temperature degrades it faster.

The reason some ppl can use Xbox for 5 years constantly and still not die and some ppl use it 2 years and a lot less often and it dies is because every chip is different. Some chips are made with higher quality silicon so those people have hit the jackpot that's why their consoles last longer. Still the fact remains that use of your console degrades its lifespan slowly but surely.

Edited by Namus
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Namus said:

No its you who doesn't understand how it works. The more you use it the shorter lifespan it has. Silicon the material CPU/GPU is made from degrades over time due to heat. The more you use it the longer it is exposed to heat. It doesn't matter if it is 60 degrees or 100 degrees and starts shutting down its being degraded the only difference is higher temperature degrades it faster.

The reason some ppl can use Xbox for 5 years constantly and still not die and some ppl use it 2 years and a lot less often and it dies is because every chip is different. Some chips are made with higher quality silicon so those people have hit the jackpot that's why their consoles last longer. Still the fact remains that use of your console degrades its lifespan slowly but surely.

Umm....dude I think you should calm down...abit cause i've had my xbox on....since the day I got it not to mention I have all three versions of the xbox one....and my original hasnt burn out yet....on every single day still plays just fine...

4 hours ago, NothingnessKing said:

Umm....dude I think you should calm down...abit cause i've had my xbox on....since the day I got it not to mention I have all three versions of the xbox one....and my original hasnt burn out yet....on every single day still plays just fine...

Why do you presume i am not calm? I tried to explain to you how it works and whether you believe me or not i couldn't care less tbh.