Azuki

Guesstimate for the price of BDX

8 minutes ago, Neorift said:

They are not going to charge $60 for a 5 year old game with a cash shop. It started at $40 on PC, so that's my guess. And as stated above, they will have premium packages that give pretty good stuff like pets and mounts.

Lets just say this, it currently costs $30 for a ported 5yo Dayz that's still in Game Preview... I can promise you this game will cost much more than that, lol

1 hour ago, Neorift said:

They are not going to charge $60 for a 5 year old game with a cash shop. It started at $40 on PC, so that's my guess. And as stated above, they will have premium packages that give pretty good stuff like pets and mounts.

I believe it started $30 on pc originally. It is indeed 5 years old, but they have spent the last year plus remastering the story, graphics, soundtrack, voicelines, and translation of the game.

For them to sell the game for $10 would probably mean they're not making money. While they have a cash shop, you don't have to spend money. Yes it will be harder compared to people who did but it isn't a requirement. That would be a gamble to say the majority of the player base will spend at least $50+. Especially since xbox (imo) has a bigger younger audience readily available.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Azuki said:

I believe it started $30 on pc originally. It is indeed 5 years old, but they have spent the last year plus remastering the story, graphics, soundtrack, voicelines, and translation of the game.

For them to sell the game for $10 would probably mean they're not making money. While they have a cash shop, you don't have to spend money. Yes it will be harder compared to people who did but it isn't a requirement. That would be a gamble to say the majority of the player base will spend at least $50+. Especially since xbox (imo) has a bigger younger audience readily available.

True but look at games like warframe... free to play, free DLC and the player base support the devs via he cash shop for convenience items and because they WANT to support the devs making the game, if BDX is greedy players simply won't buy it, if the game is good and the community supported and listened to the cash will flow easily.

Personally I'm 38 and have no problem pouring money into my hobby of gaming but get turned of when games try to nickle and dime you  for everything. Better to be honest, hey will ahve no problem selling a good product

2 hours ago, Elder Cog said:

True but look at games like warframe... free to play, free DLC and the player base support the devs via he cash shop for convenience items and because they WANT to support the devs making the game, if BDX is greedy players simply won't buy it, if the game is good and the community supported and listened to the cash will flow easily.

Personally I'm 38 and have no problem pouring money into my hobby of gaming but get turned of when games try to nickle and dime you  for everything. Better to be honest, hey will ahve no problem selling a good product

yeah, i think people have finally go to the point now where they are not willing to take it anymore, EA helped see to that lately.

if it follows the PC model i'm happy with that 10 for the game (which is a good way to go, as it helps cut down on empty account, where people just get it cause its free but then never really play) infact i know console stuff tends to be more expensive, so i'd go with 20. then obviously can have different packs at higher prices.

but there is no getting around the fact this game heavily leans and encourages the use of the cash shop. it's always been one of the major complaints about the PC version for years.

On 11/19/2018 at 10:44 PM, Azuki said:

I've been doing some research into guessing the price of BDX. So when a game is sold digitally on the Xbox/Microsoft store it looks like they take around 30% of the price that it was sold at.

It looks like Black Desert was $30 for the base game, and since it was not sold through anyone it got the whole $30.

I did some calculations, and if Pa is aiming to get around $30 for each base game sold they would need to sell the game around the $44.99 mark.

I bought the game for $20 back when it was first released