xCROv

Open Letter to Pearl Abyss

Pearl Abyss,

Now that the dust has settled behind what was an amazing beta, I wanted to express my opinions on what I see around the community. We just recently got the post-beta video showing us updates that the game has received and it's amazing to see our feedback for the beta have real actions on the game we want to play. The communication during the beta was amazing, the CM staff, the developers, everyone in the community working together to report and give feedback. It really was something that you rarely see in a community. Words having an impact on what happens. Both sides working towards making BDX the best thing it can be. But that highlights the real issue...

The community has constantly been kept in the dark about real information for the game. We all played the beta, we all have read every news post that the CM's have posted. We watched the trailer where the game was announced early 2018, read the interview with executive producer Jae-Hee Kim where the date was stated as releasing early 2018. Despite the date changes we are all still here and more hyped then we ever have been.

The issue with where we currently reside is we have been told another date; Fall 2018. We were told that we would receive information if this date wasn't going to be able to be made also. Given the information that was seen in the post-beta video I have seen members of the community start to doubt if we will see the game launched at all during the 2018 year along with key members of the community stating that they are getting tired of being in the dark so much and have given themselves ultimatums for a release date or they leave. We would rather know a solid time frame, even if it has to move a few times to get it done. What we don't want is to figure out that the game isn't going to release when we were told slowly and on our own.

So now to the point:

We need information on a release date. We love this game and want to be ready for it. With that, people need time to schedule around holidays, work vacation, spending money on the game, and many other things. These are not things that can be planned around on a "we are releasing next week" kind of schedule, and for us to meet a 2018 deadline, like we were told, that's the only option we would have. Hype is easy to keep when you know what is going on but being left in the dark you feel lost and feel like there is no direction, and that is where we are now. If the dates have to move then so be it. Don't let us find out that the game is not coming out Fall 2018 by the last day of the season rolling around. It will only anger the community. If there are packages planned and head start scheduled then let us know. We want to be able to plan out our time playing the launch of Black Desert on the Xbox and that involves information. Information only you can give us.

Thanks,

The community

Through the dedication of a constantly growing and learning development team, we wish that Black Desert Online becomes a game where users are confident and believe that the game will continue to be enjoyable. The feedback and interest of all users is of incredible value to keep Black Desert enjoyable and of high quality. 

-Jae-Hee Kim

Executive producer at Pearl Abyss

Edit: I want to reiterate with this post that I know the CM's here on the forum do their best and they are amazing. I have said countless times that the communication during the beta was some of the best I have seen in any game, ever. Period. My goal with this is to address Pearl Abyss and let them know that the community would like information that they can act on and plan with. We are not requesting firm dates. We would like to know what we need to do with holidays coming up. Thanks again.

Edited by xCROv
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 6

7 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

Nice work...an excellent write up!

I can only hope it draws some attention. It does no good to point out that we were in the exact same spot back in may with a post that is very similar made with no reply from the staff. I love the staff here and chatting with everyone in discord was awesome. The beta was one of the best gaming experiences I have had in awhile with the interaction from the staff being amazing along with the community engagement but we need to let Pearl Abyss know that we are not going to keep having these vague dates moved around without any information about it. If the community doesn't pick a point and draw the line then they will never take action and give us the information we want. 

I personally plan on taking a vacation from work to play the game during launch date. I plan on spending money on the game at launch. What I also plan on doing is not doing either if I am not given enough time and I am sure I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Edited by xCROv

You’re not being left in the dark, you’re just not gettting the answers you want in the timeframe you feel like you should get them. That’s entitlement but unfortunately PA doesn’t owe you anything. Those launch predictions were goals not hard facts and I suggest you stop treating them as such. Based on the videos and information on the Facebook page I’ve been impressed with the amount of information they’ve provided, they’re clearly trying to keep people interested in the game without giving away their new release goal because they aren’t allowed to yet and we’re still within the previous release goal.

My advice to you; play something else. They’re are a lot of good games out right now to pass the time. Most likely we will get about a two week heads up for the release or second beta just as we did with the first beta so that’s plenty of time.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Fortune said:

You’re not being left in the dark, you’re just not gettting the answers you want in the timeframe you feel like you should get them. That’s entitlement but unfortunately PA doesn’t owe you anything. Those launch predictions were goals not hard facts and I suggest you stop treating them as such. Based on the videos and information on the Facebook page I’ve been impressed with the amount of information they’ve provided, they’re clearly trying to keep people interested in the game without giving away their new release goal because they aren’t allowed to yet and we’re still within the previous release goal.

My advice to you; play something else. They’re are a lot of good games out right now to pass the time. Most likely we will get about a two week heads up for the release or second beta just as we did with the first beta so that’s plenty of time.

Everyone has a right to feel a certain way about it. For those of us who have been here constantly for a while we feel it more.

Edit: Cm's don't apply to what we're talking about. Simon has been trying to get info for us from day 1.

20181129_065827.jpg

Edited by Azuki
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Fortune said:

Constantly stating game dates that are either changed or missed with no communications is not healthy for the player base. Regardless of how you personally classify dates being released it doesn't change the fact that those "goals" were completly missed with no information provided by Pearl Abyss. Saying people are acting entitled because they wan't information is just silly. "Most likely" a week or two isn't professional at all for a game that is this size and will affect the user base that Pearl Abyss cares about, the ones spending money. People are getting frustrated with the constant "goals", as you want to call them, moving every time they are posted. If they are not going to make a fall release then they should tell us.

There isn't going to be a second beta. The one we just had was the first and last that we will get. I can see the point of view if you have missed a lot of the information that has been posted.

Edited by xCROv
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Fortune said:

Why would I spend my money on something else if the game is coming this month? I don't want to buy a game if BDX is coming in 2 weeks and I don't want to sit and do nothing if it's gonna be 3 months. Use a little common sense. No, we're not entitled but that comment is 100% irrelevant. It more a matter of mutual respect, not entitlement.

And fyi, not getting answers is 100% the same as being left in the dark, lmao...

Edited by Jammer480
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Azuki said:

Edit: Cm's don't apply to what we're talking about. Simon has been trying to get info for us from day 1.

I can't make this clear enough. This post isn't addressed to the staff here that have tired their best. I'm well aware that your hands are tied. What I do wish is that this sentiment can be passed along to the people that can make these calls.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Azuki said:

Everyone has a right to feel a certain way about it. For those of us who have been here constantly for a while we feel it more.

20181129_065827.jpg

I’ve been here since the beginning as well I’m just not an entitled kid and I understand that the game will release when it’s ready.

8 minutes ago, xCROv said:

Constantly stating game dates that are either changed or missed with no communications is not healthy for the player base. Regardless of how you personally classify dates being released it doesn't change the fact that those "goals" were completly missed with no information provided by Pearl Abyss. Saying people are acting entitled because they wan't information is just silly. "Most likely" a week or two isn't professional at all for a game that is this size and will affect the user base that Pearl Abyss cares about, the ones spending money.

If you cared to read the previous dev updates from the summer you would see that they clearly stated the issues they were having porting the game to Xbox look it up because I’m not going to spoon feed you.

10 minutes ago, Fortune said:

I’ve been here since the beginning as well I’m just not an entitled kid and I understand that the game will release when it’s ready.

If you cared to read the previous dev updates from the summer you would see that they clearly stated the issues they were having porting the game to Xbox look it up because I’m not going to spoon feed you.

Almost every post of yours has been negativity towards anyone and constant "this is spam" posts. If you're going to call everyone entitled then please take it to another post. Calling names accomplishes nothing and isn't welcomed.

Edited by xCROv
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, xCROv said:

Pearl Abyss,

Now that the dust has settled behind what was an amazing beta, I wanted to express my opinions on what I see around the community. We just recently got the post-beta video showing us updates that the game has received and it's amazing to see our feedback for the beta have real actions on the game we want to play. The communication during the beta was amazing, the CM staff, the developers, everyone in the community working together to report and give feedback. It really was something that you rarely see in a community. Words having an impact on what happens. Both sides working towards making BDX the best thing it can be. But that highlights the real issue...

The community has constantly been kept in the dark about real information for the game. We all played the beta, we all have read every news post that the CM's have posted. We watched the trailer where the game was announced early 2018, read the interview with executive producer Jae-Hee Kim where the date was stated as releasing early 2018. Despite the date changes we are all still here and more hyped then we ever have been.

The issue with where we currently reside is we have been told another date; Fall 2018. We were told that we would receive information if this date wasn't going to be able to be made also. Given the information that was seen in the post-beta video I have seen members of the community start to doubt if we will see the game launched at all during the 2018 year along with key members of the community stating that they are getting tired of being in the dark so much and have given themselves ultimatums for a release date or they leave. We would rather know a solid time frame, even if it has to move a few times to get it done. What we don't want is to figure out that the game isn't going to release when we were told slowly and on our own.

So now to the point:

We need information on a release date. We love this game and want to be ready for it. With that, people need time to schedule around holidays, work vacation, spending money on the game, and many other things. These are not things that can be planned around on a "we are releasing next week" kind of schedule, and for us to meet a 2018 deadline, like we were told, that's the only option we would have. Hype is easy to keep when you know what is going on but being left in the dark you feel lost and feel like there is no direction, and that is where we are now. If the dates have to move then so be it. Don't let us find out that the game is not coming out Fall 2018 by the last day of the season rolling around. It will only anger the community. If there are packages planned and head start scheduled then let us know. We want to be able to plan out our time playing the launch of Black Desert on the Xbox and that involves information. Information only you can give us.

Thanks,

The community

Well said

• Like 1

If a person asks a company to do a better job on a product or intellectual property, (we want more info therefore We may spend more money on the property) and you call those people “Entitled” then you clearly have a vested interest in the company. 

You are are quite literally insulting people, that’s what calling them “entitled” is, and you are doing it on behalf of a big company. 

I get get that in the gaming world we lable gamers as very loyal and they will defend companies that make something they love. However what your saying is so simple, basically that no company owes us literally anything, that you are using lawyer speak. 

I can’t believe no one will just come out and say you are so biased it seems like you work for Pearl Abyss. 

Now you’ll do the stupid internet “😂😂😂 I don’t work for them get your tin hat lol ok this guy is dumb right everyone” meanwhile you and honestly every person like you is the same, a fraud. Your opinions are not only insulting but irrational unless as I said you work for this company. 

Edited by MasterGeneral
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fortune said:

I think you're missing the point that is being made. I do not care when it releases. I do care about knowing when it will release. Like previously stated, to some people this is the only game they bought/upgraded their xbox's for.

And calling someone a kid and saying they are not entitled to state their opinion in a peaceful manner is wrong in my opinion.

• Like 3

If they would release a statement today saying they’re still planing on keeping release by the end of 2018 that’s all I would need.But I can also say that I’m a patient person and I’ll be standing by BDX no matter when it gets release.Ive been careful of my video game budget,not buying games cause I want to spend that much more on BDX (it’s a good thing I didn’t buy Fallout 76).So till then I’m taking the time to go back to play unfinished games or games that I haven’t played in a while.

2 minutes ago, Foreverrgamer87 said:

If they would release a statement today saying they’re still planing on keeping release by the end of 2018 that’s all I would need.But I can also say that I’m a patient person and I’ll be standing by BDX no matter when it gets release.Ive been careful of my video game budget,not buying games cause I want to spend that much more on BDX (it’s a good thing I didn’t buy Fallout 76).So till then I’m taking the time to go back to play unfinished games or games that I haven’t played in a while.

If they would say it's still coming this year, I would be exceptionally happy. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fortune said:

Calm down there bud.  Idk why you cant have a civil debate if you disagree with someone, just makes you look childish.

11 minutes ago, Fortune said:

If you actually followed the updates you would know that this version is not just a port.  They rebuilt the game for xbox. But since they refuse to give us any real information about the state of the game, development process, and what features we could be looking at for launch I would understand if someone would be left in the dark about that.

The reality is BDO is a hardcore game.  It requires money investment, hella time investment, and dedication.  If you want to be on the top it takes preparation and planning.  For people with real full time jobs this poses an issue because that will require even more planning ahead.  Then there is family time... just life in general.  I dont want to invest my time or money in another game if its only gona be a month more of waiting... I am willing to wait but if its gona be any longer I would like to know so I can move on for now and invest in other games til launch.

This is important.  Since the people who have real jobs will be where PA makes a lot of their money.

• Like 4

I would like to be optimistic about the game launching this year but with the time frame we have left it’s cutting it close for sure. Xbox takes off in December for holidays, so they would have around 3 weeks to get the game out. We’ve had no signs of a release and they have done this in the past with previous release windows..it’s always last minute and they tell us it’s been delayed or they dont even tell us at all. Now don’t get me wrong I really appreciate all the hard work that has been put into this game and it clearly showed in the beta and the beta changes video that they have been really busy, but after waiting for almost two years and still no information on release at all is kinda concerning. At this point I’m hoping for a January launch how SEA had last year.

Edited by Ayumii
  • Like 2

dang i guess everyone wants to bash the

48 minutes ago, xCROv said:

Pearl Abyss,

So now to the point:

Thanks,

The community

one thing everyone should take note of is how simon says "this fix may or may not be available upon release" which means the dev of the game isnt hinderin the date of release. it also pretty much confirms that they have a release date set internally (or at least a small window for a release) so us not hearin ne thing about release kinda means they r holdin it back and not tellin us until the last minute which is exactly what happened every single other time. if they had no release window or even a date i would fully expect to hear how these changes will be available upon the games release because in their mind since they have no release set theres no reason the fixes cant be added delayin the date a bit more. since they didnt say that it implies that they cant break that deadline or push it back further to add these updates to the game. i could be wrong but its somethin u guys can think about.

side not....if they do delay it until next year last minute what will they do for the guy they flat out said was wrong and spreadin lies?? uk the one that got his own announcement about harassment he suffered. with every retard that attacked him also go back and say sorry for treating him poorly?? will PA publicly say sorry for callin him a liar even though he was right?? i surely hope u all that did act crazy will be adults and say sorry to the folks over there.

8 minutes ago, MasterGeneral said:

If a person asks a company to do a better job on a product or intellectual property, (we want more info therefore We may spend more money on the property) and you call those people “Entitled” then you clearly have a vested interest in the company. 

You are are quite literally insulting people, that’s what calling them “entitled” is, and you are doing it on behalf of a big company. 

I get get that in the gaming world we lable gamers as very loyal and they will defend companies that make something they love. However what your saying is so simple, basically that no company owes us literally anything, that you are using lawyer speak. 

I can’t believe no one will just come out and say you are so biased it seems like you work for Pearl Abyss. 

Now you’ll do the stupid internet “😂😂😂 I don’t work for them get your tin hat lol ok this guy is dumb right everyone” meanwhile you and honestly every person like you is the same, a fraud. Your opinions are not only insulting but irrational unless as I said you work for this company. 

so u....mr 11 posts and fresh to the forums....u think its alright to jump on members for voicin their opinions in what is supposed to be a space dedicated to do just that. let me just clear one thing up...xCROv is more than capable of defendin his arguments towards ne one that replies to him. he in no way (as u can tell by how cleanly he expressed his opinion) needs helps from others that feel the need to white knight. if u disagree explain y u disagree post replies about that...instead u posted about the use of the word "entitled" without even quotin him so he could see it as if it sneak disses him without u havin to deal with a reply. i dont take either of the posters side here i just dont like when i see things that arent allowed to be posted gettin posted. 4chan reddit and various other sites r more then available for folks that want to act like kids. since most of us r adults can we start treating the forums as they were meant to be treated instead of constant shitpostin insultin people that dont agree with what ur sayin??

in ne case xCROv sorry to clog up ur thread and heres a free bump back to the top so it can be seen a bit more. carry on folks ;).

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ayumii said:

I would like to be optimistic about the game launching this year but with the time frame we have left it’s cutting it close for sure. Xbox takes off in December for holidays, so they would have around 3 weeks to get the game out. We’ve had no signs of a release and they have done this in the past with previous release windows..it’s always last minute and they tell us it’s been delayed or they dont even tell us at all. Now don’t get me wrong I really appreciate all the hard work that has been put into this game and it clearly showed in the beta and the beta changes video that they have been really busy, but after waiting for almost two years and still no information on release at all is kinda concerning. At this point I’m hoping for a January launch how SEA had last year.

This is the exact sentiment that I feel a lot of us have. Here is a great example:

Fall ends 21st Dec 2018 per google. A few things to take into account. 

1. Do we get notice and time to buy founders packs?
  2. Do we get notice to plan a headstart? Do we get a headstart at all?
  3. Do we get a notice of when the game launches?

If any of the above this is what it looks like. That imply's we get information today or tomorrow and lets be honest. Who thinks that's really going to happen.

bdo1.PNG

Edited by xCROv
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, numnutz2005 said:

one thing everyone should take note of is how simon says "this fix may or may not be available upon release" which means the dev of the game isnt hinderin the date of release. it also pretty much confirms that they have a release date set internally (or at least a small window for a release) so us not hearin ne thing about release kinda means they r holdin it back and not tellin us until the last minute which is exactly what happened every single other time. if they had no release window or even a date i would fully expect to hear how these changes will be available upon the games release because in their mind since they have no release set theres no reason the fixes cant be added delayin the date a bit more. since they didnt say that it implies that they cant break that deadline or push it back further to add these updates to the game. i could be wrong but its somethin u guys can think about.

I agree.  It still doesnt change anything about everything being up in the air and no confirmed dates as we run out of time (Fall).  The least they could do is get us pre-order packages that way we know for sure we will get this game and they know how many people really want it.

• Like 1

Just now, Kasai said:

I agree.  It still doesnt change anything about everything being up in the air and no confirmed dates as we run out of time (Fall).  The least they could do is get us pre-order packages that way we know for sure we will get this game and they know how many people really want it.

i 100% agree and im right there with all of u peeps that r dyin for more info.

• Like 1

That's right boys and girls... we got a calendar. No more games. We serious. Give us info. You may take our lives, but you'll never take.... 

OUR FREEDOM!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kasai said:

This would be a great way to do it. Announcing packages would give the community something to rally behind right now. If they came along with a firm time frame I think the community would be so stoked.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xCROv said:

This is the exact sentiment that I feel a lot of us have. Here is a great example:

Fall ends 12st Dec 2018 per google. A few things to take into account. 

1. Do we get notice and time to buy founders packs?
  2. Do we get notice to plan a headstart? Do we get a headstart at all?
  3. Do we get a notice of when the game launches?

If any of the above this is what it looks like. That imply's we get information today or tomorrow and lets be honest. Who thinks that's really going to happen.

bdo1.PNG

If we could just preorder and have a set release date even if it was next year I feel a lot of people would be so happy and hyped. All I want is a solid date and not just randomly put up on the store. I was talking about this last night with a few friends it’s cutting it so close I don’t see it happening, especially since we already received our news this week. I know Simon said he has a dev note planned maybe that will come next week and have some information about release. But that’s just me being hopeful..

• Like 3