xCROv

Open Letter to Pearl Abyss

4 minutes ago, Ayumii said:

If we could just preorder and have a set release date even if it was next year I feel a lot of people would be so happy and hyped. All I want is a solid date and not just randomly put up on the store. I was talking about this last night with a few friends it’s cutting it so close I don’t see it happening, especially since we already received our news this week. I know Simon said he has a dev note planned maybe that will come next week and have some information about release. But that’s just me being hopeful..

100% agree. Nothing I could add to this at all. If we got packages with dates soon I would be so stoked. The #HypeTrain is running out of gas Simon. We need something.

• Like 1

Patience within the BDX community is a courtesy not a obligation PA. Lack of information among all the false advertisements backed with evidence and promises made is saddening. The supportive tunes of committed/concerned followers that back BDX vigorous transition to console network. In-time will change into subjective protest period. Its a insult to the people that love this game to shroud small bits of information for confidentiality sake, tread lightly PA. I lurk and read a lot of post/threads, great summary @xCROv

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, numnutz2005 said:

so u....mr 11 posts and fresh to the forums....u think its alright to jump on members for voicin their opinions in what is supposed to be a space dedicated to do just that. let me just clear one thing up...xCROv is more than capable of defendin his arguments towards ne one that replies to him. he in no way (as u can tell by how cleanly he expressed his opinion) needs helps from others that feel the need to white knight. if u disagree explain y u disagree post replies about that...instead u posted about the use of the word "entitled" without even quotin him so he could see it as if it sneak disses him without u havin to deal with a reply. i dont take either of the posters side here i just dont like when i see things that arent allowed to be posted gettin posted. 4chan reddit and various other sites r more then available for folks that want to act like kids. since most of us r adults can we start treating the forums as they were meant to be treated instead of constant shitpostin insultin people that dont agree with what ur sayin??

in ne case xCROv sorry to clog up ur thread and heres a free bump back to the top so it can be seen a bit more. carry on folks ;).

This can’t be real it just can’t. This guy is white knighting for a major company by saying 

“Hey if you think they should tell us a release date you are entitled” I’m calling that out so I’m a “white knight”

This is not only an ignorant opinion it’s also dangerous. 

Secondly your post isn’t filled with spelling errors, it’s filled with you saying Y instead of Why, that’s so lazy.

Everyone in this fourm should look at what I am replaying to and this pile of garbage I got back. 

These are the people that try to poison the forums. They say very general ignorant opinions, they rant they call people names, all the while pushing this very very fake idea that PA or any company for that matter would be right about whatever the topic is. 

I mean in this case I think the first posters point is that PA is shooting themselves in the foot by releasing zero info, and he’s right it’s a stupid business practice and I believe they are only not giving us a date because they are trying to figure out the right price of the adventure pack, again a very controversial business decision. 

So again if your only response to this is “your entitled” then I can safely say you are ignorant and biased and a liar. 

Edited by MasterGeneral

1 hour ago, Fortune said:

You’re not being left in the dark, you’re just not gettting the answers you want in the timeframe you feel like you should get them. That’s entitlement but unfortunately PA doesn’t owe you anything. Those launch predictions were goals not hard facts and I suggest you stop treating them as such. Based on the videos and information on the Facebook page I’ve been impressed with the amount of information they’ve provided, they’re clearly trying to keep people interested in the game without giving away their new release goal because they aren’t allowed to yet and we’re still within the previous release goal.

My advice to you; play something else. They’re are a lot of good games out right now to pass the time. Most likely we will get about a two week heads up for the release or second beta just as we did with the first beta so that’s plenty of time.

Entitlement quote

1 hour ago, Jammer480 said:

Why would I spend my money on something else if the game is coming this month? I don't want to buy a game if BDX is coming in 2 weeks and I don't want to sit and do nothing if it's gonna be 3 months. Use a little common sense. No, we're not entitled but that comment is 100% irrelevant. It more a matter of mutual respect, not entitlement.

And fyi, not getting answers is 100% the same as being left in the dark, lmao...

Mutual respect how? You’ve done nothing but complain about their hard work on the forums. English may not be your first language but different answers is not the same as no answers. Get it?

51 minutes ago, xCROv said:

Almost every post of yours has been negativity towards anyone and constant "this is spam" posts. If you're going to call everyone entitled then please take it to another post. Calling names accomplishes nothing and isn't welcomed.

Your post is negativity towards people working hard to make a game we all can’t wait to play. When you spew negativity you can’t expect much different from anyone else.

48 minutes ago, MasterGeneral said:

If a person asks a company to do a better job on a product or intellectual property, (we want more info therefore We may spend more money on the property) and you call those people “Entitled” then you clearly have a vested interest in the company. 

You are are quite literally insulting people, that’s what calling them “entitled” is, and you are doing it on behalf of a big company. 

I get get that in the gaming world we lable gamers as very loyal and they will defend companies that make something they love. However what your saying is so simple, basically that no company owes us literally anything, that you are using lawyer speak. 

I can’t believe no one will just come out and say you are so biased it seems like you work for Pearl Abyss. 

Now you’ll do the stupid internet “😂😂😂 I don’t work for them get your tin hat lol ok this guy is dumb right everyone” meanwhile you and honestly every person like you is the same, a fraud. Your opinions are not only insulting but irrational unless as I said you work for this company. 

I don’t work for them but I do have a job. Because of this I understand how unprofessional it is to set a firm date and miss it, which is why we don’t have a release date yet.

47 minutes ago, Azuki said:

I think you're missing the point that is being made. I do not care when it releases. I do care about knowing when it will release. Like previously stated, to some people this is the only game they bought/upgraded their xbox's for.

And calling someone a kid and saying they are not entitled to state their opinion in a peaceful manner is wrong in my opinion.

How is it PA’s fault that someone bought an Xbox for a game without an official release date? Seems like hype got the best of you. I called some of you kids because you reacted the same way my kids do when they don’t get exactly what they want. If you want to be called an adult then act like one .

38 minutes ago, Kasai said:

Calm down there bud.  Idk why you cant have a civil debate if you disagree with someone, just makes you look childish.

If you actually followed the updates you would know that this version is not just a port.  They rebuilt the game for xbox. But since they refuse to give us any real information about the state of the game, development process, and what features we could be looking at for launch I would understand if someone would be left in the dark about that.

The reality is BDO is a hardcore game.  It requires money investment, hella time investment, and dedication.  If you want to be on the top it takes preparation and planning.  For people with real full time jobs this poses an issue because that will require even more planning ahead.  Then there is family time... just life in general.  I dont want to invest my time or money in another game if its only gona be a month more of waiting... I am willing to wait but if its gona be any longer I would like to know so I can move on for now and invest in other games til launch.

This is important.  Since the people who have real jobs will be where PA makes a lot of their money.

They redesigned many parts of the game to make it more controller friendly but it is still a port, they didn’t rebuild the game from scratch. The dev notes cover a lot of the things you claim that there is no real information on, I’m. Im not sure what else you could want other than lines of code.

At the end of the day, this is me being civil, if you get offended by words like “entitled” and “kid” I suggest you steer clear of this game because you will get much worse in the server chat.

Great write up. I think I am okay with RDR2 online for a while and if BDX comes out this year great, if not then I am whatever with that too. I know wow classic is coming out too so I will check that out if BDX not out yet.

9 minutes ago, Fortune said:

Mutual respect how? You’ve done nothing but complain about their hard work on the forums. English may not be your first language but different answers is not the same as no answers. Get it?

Good business is always based on mutual respect between product producers and product consumers. Where I have I complained about their hard work, firstly? They have done an amazing job with the game, just not with communication. Secondly, where have we received any answers regarding a firm release date? Apparently, intelligence is not your strong point, get it? 

Edited by Jammer480
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MasterGeneral said:

This can’t be real it just can’t. This guy is white knighting for a major company by saying 

“Hey if you think they should tell us a release date you are entitled” I’m calling that out so I’m a “white knight”

This is not only an ignorant opinion it’s also dangerous. 

Secondly your post isn’t filled with spelling errors, it’s filled with you saying Y instead of Why, that’s so lazy.

Everyone in this fourm should look at what I am replaying to and this pile of garbage I got back. 

These are the people that try to poison the forums. They say very general ignorant opinions, they rant they call people names, all the while pushing this very very fake idea that PA or any company for that matter would be right about whatever the topic is. 

I mean in this case I think the first posters point is that PA is shooting themselves in the foot by releasing zero info, and he’s right it’s a stupid business practice and I believe they are only not giving us a date because they are trying to figure out the right price of the adventure pack, again a very controversial business decision. 

So again if your only response to this is “your entitled” then I can safely say you are ignorant and biased and a liar. 

lol look at u playin the typical role that many of us have seen so often on the forums. when ur corrected and told to sit back down instead of insultin others u immediately turn to callin that person names and insultin the way they type. ur right my posts arent filled with spellin errors. ik how to spell. i like many others have spellin mistakes but it happens....im glad u at least pointed out one piece of info that cant be denies so good job for pickin up on the fact that i leave g's out of words that end with a g and use y instead of why. i also say u instead of you and r instead of are but 2 out of 4 isnt bad these days right??

this all goes back to most of us bein adults here. as an adult i can tell u i grew up back in the days when txts were limited to 160 chars max. it was a hard cap not a soft cap like it is now. we had to shorten our messages if we wanted them to fit/not send many replies that cost $.05 per message otherwise things would get very pricey for us that preferred txtin over talkin on the phone.

now that i have shared that life experience with u im gonna revert back to my original post of no one needs u to white knight for them. if u disagree post ur side of the argument with facts backin it up dont flip out on members that posted their opinions on the situation. ur argument focused solely on the entitled part and u took offense to this. this isnt somethin u should be offended about. what he said wasnt wrong bud. us thinkin they r required to send us info is the exact deff of entitlement. they also have 0 obligation to inform us of ne thing unless they choose to do so. they can go dark right now and never respond to a single thing until the end of times and they would still be well within their rights to do so. we have 0 invested into the company or project they promoted/mentioned. so we have no right to demand a single thing from anyone. so again hes not wrong....ur reply to him statin that fact was wrong. u failed to look at the statement from the outside of the box surrounding this game and us players. if u had u would have seen that he is 100% right in his statement. 

with that said dont think that means they arent required to do things to stay in business. it will hurt them money wise because players may or may not want to purchase their product and im sure they factored this into their choices when they decided to go dark or stay talkative. until they accept a single penny from u they arent required to answer to ne of us or defend themselves. there r only a few situations where they kinda r on the hook...one of them bein the xbl reporting strikes on a bunch of our accounts from the beta but that just required them to address that issue and nothin else from ne one else. i like everyone else wants them to drop the game off so we can finally get started but i also know i have no right to constantly harass them like a bunch of other people have been doin very publicly.

so with that explained a bit more i hope u understand a bit better. u dont need to attack folks that clearly stated facts. these arent opinions....they r undeniable facts. u can post a reply...hell i wont tell ne one not to reply....but ur reply was based on feelins and was focused on how the word entitled affected u emotionally. we may not like how some words sound...like that word u used....ignorant...which simply means lackin knowledge but has been twisted into meanin "ur stupid or dumb" in recent years. i can go on and on all day about this but like i keep sayin lets be adults here and not rip on people and white knight folks that dont need to be white knighted. if ur reply had focused on the reasons u believe its good to share info and y its important instead of the word "entitled" i wouldnt be here typin right now. instead i worded the same sentences in like 4 different ways with the hopes that one of them will make sense to u and other folks that read it so maybe we will have less angry folks circlin aroun the forums. best of luck bud.

Great work on the article,but would like to point out that with the development process they are under a nda and can only tell us certain things during the development process,until closer to the date that the game is released unless given consent to give this kind of information to us, so they are just as in the dark about the release date as we are even though they have a time frame in mind things happen during those time frame dates.

To finish this off we just need to be patient as the game is getting bug fixes and new stuff added that needs internal testing before it goes out to the consumer, dates can be given but at any given moment that can change if something happens during their internal testing and that just delays it a little longer then anticipated.

I think Black Desert Xbox isn’t just finished, it’s been done for a while. As in 90 percent of the game is over 80 percent done. 

I believe this based on the age of game and engine and functionality of the beta. You can go on and on trying to “disprove” that that beta was good enough to justify me thinking most of the game is done. I concede that I and no one other than those working on the game can know, but based off of what I see and have played I believe the game is mostly done. 

If you want to believe this game is out for years, had a very functional beta, but is months away from release, then fine.

to me I can’t buy it, so my mind wonders, where it wonders is to the fact that they have, from what I understand, different peal shop items based on version. I think they are pouring though data trying to figure out what they should charge for their various items. I think that they also are trying to launch up against other games. 

The free beta weekend on Xbox coincided with the “classic wow” demo, I think that was somewhat intentional, and I had thought that was their main idea behind release, to fight up against another game and take users away from it, particularly another demo, but now as the weeks go by I really think they are stumped for what in game items should cost. This is vital to them because they are thinking if people hate the in game shop it’ll destroy the game, and they are also probably unsure how to sell the items to “console gamers”

Of course I can’t say if this is 100 percent, but I think there is an argument here that it could be true and furthermore if it is, it’s a very strange thing, because if you have a great piece of art you should let us buy it then try to sell us more later. 

17 minutes ago, numnutz2005 said:

that word u used....ignorant...which simply means lackin knowledge but has been twisted into meanin "ur stupid or dumb" in recent years. i can go on and on all day about this but like i keep sayin lets be adults here and not rip on people and white knight folks that dont need to be white knighted. if ur reply had focused on the reasons u believe its good to share info and y its important instead of the word "entitled" i wouldnt be here typin right now. instead i worded the same sentences in like 4 different ways with the hopes that one of them will make sense to u and other folks that read it so maybe we will have less angry folks circlin aroun the forums. best of luck bud.

Like I’m here posting over and over saying, ask questions, as the customer you aren’t entitled unless you want a gift, and if someone calls you “entitled” it’s ignorant and dangerous and only benefits the company. 

Why  do you keep pouring through that, not answering anything I’m saying, writing a response in some sort of accent/shorthand, and then telling everyone to be adults. 

Are you copy pasting all this? Are you a bot?

Edited by MasterGeneral

3 minutes ago, MasterGeneral said:

Like I’m here posting over and over saying, ask questions, as the customer you aren’t entitled unless you want a gift, and if someone calls you “entitled” it’s ignorant and dangerous and only benefits the company. 

Why  do you keep pouring through that, not answering anything I’m saying, writing a response in some sort of accent/shorthand, and then telling everyone to be adults. 

Are you copy pasting all this? Are you a bot?

no...ur tellin someone that called people entitled when they r postin like they r entitled based on the definition of entitled. he isnt statin ne thing but facts. u got ur feelers involved and rushed to defend folks that r more than capable of arguin their side for themselves lol. im not sure where or how u came up with the idea that u can demand info and such about things the company doesnt wanna release and its not defined as entitlement until u demand free stuff/girfts.....thats wrong bud lol. thats like sayin i can demand both lanes on the road and its not illegal until i get pulled over by a cop for drivin in both lanes. its just goofy.

so shorthand = child now?? i didnt think removin a g from the end of the word suddenly makes everything said unreadable....was this idea/rule enacted when u made the one about not bein entitled until u get free stuff?? who voted on said rule?? it must not make much difference since ur still here replyin to the stuff im sayin............

i have answered u. heres the summed up response....

1. u have no right to complain.

2. u have no right to attack others that r statin facts.

3. u have no right to change the meanin of words to prove ur point and to effect ur feelers.

4. a company loses money when they dont reply to customers but its their choice and if thats the risk they wanna take no one can complain about it.

5. agreed with u that i can in fact spell and use y instead of why and leave the g's off of words that end with a g.

6. the person u white knighted (another individual) is smart enough to handle his own arguments which proof of this is by how clearly he wrote his original post.

the only thing i did forget to reply to was the claim that he white knighted a company but i thought that was obvious...hes not white knightin a company. he stated facts. he didnt get offended and reply with emotions he replied with facts and it was then ur turn to reply with more facts but u focused only on the "entitled" part for some reason. that is y i replied. u havent been able to move off of that which is y i continue to reply. i hope this latest post helps u to understand a bit better and resolves ur concerns about me bein bot like in the way i respond to u. i can assure u every word is typed up on my mechanical keyboard (god i love the sound of it....ticka ticka ticka ticka....not that it adds ne thing to this convo though).

1 hour ago, Equilibrium said:

Patience within the BDX community is a courtesy not a obligation PA. Lack of information among all the false advertisements backed with evidence and promises made is saddening. The supportive tunes of committed/concerned followers that back BDX vigorous transition to console network. In-time will change into subjective protest period. Its a insult to the people that love this game to shroud small bits of information for confidentiality sake, tread lightly PA. I lurk and read a lot of post/threads, great summary @xCROv

This is the end all be all of this post. Anyone who has a disagreement should try to find a flaw in the logic post here.

• Thanks 1

They didn't are about this for past (almost) year, I doubt we will hear anything more than last minute "early 2019 release". But I hope you will be lucky and get any reply, cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jammer480 said:

Good business is always based on mutual respect between product producers and product consumers. Where I have I complained about their hard work, firstly? They have done an amazing job with the game, just not with communication. Secondly, where have we received any answers regarding a firm release date? Apparently, intelligence is not your strong point, get it? 

Complaining about communication is still complaining lol.

1 hour ago, Equilibrium said:

This post reeks of entitlement. How exactly are you backing this game other than posting on a forum? You are not supporting PA in any way. This game will release with or without your patience because it’s actually a good game. Even if you protest and don’t buy the game it’s still going to be huge because there are a tremendous amount of people who would rather wait then pressure a company to force out an incomplete game. I’d much rather they focus on the game rather than push out status updates every week to appease forum trolls. It’s the equivalent of a little kid in the back of the car contantly asking “are we there yet”. Just buckle up son we will get there when we get there.

Edited by Fortune

Your posts on this thread are great.

It sucks because at the end of the day they can do whatever they want. Regardless of what people say. It's their game. But at the same time, promises have been broken. History did repeat it's self, and they have no plan on stopping development especially with all the feedback given to them during the beta.

Hopefully it releases this year as promised. I do however want all that good amazing feedback implemented. They also have been doing an amazing job every time Simon makes a new post or video. They are busting there ass hard at work, and I know in the end it will be great. I am willing to wait. We've waited this long. Wait 2 months more isn't the end of the world. Although with holidays coming up people would want to conveniently plan schedules accordingly, So there's that.

Edited by The Guiido

1 minute ago, The Guiido said:

Your posts on this thread are great.

It sucks because at the end of the day they can do whatever they want. Regardless of what people say. It's their game. But at the same time, promises have been broken. History did repeat it's self, and they have no plan on stopping development especially with all the feedback given to them during the beta.

Hopefully it releases this year as promised. I do however want all that good amazing feedback implemented. I am willing to wait. We've waited this long. Wait 2 months more isn't the end of the world. Although with holidays coming up people would want to conveniently plan schedules accordingly, So there's that.

Waiting isn't an issue. We have all been waiting a while and that has never been the problem I think. The issue is that we are waiting and marching forward with no idea when. We are given time frames and we pass them with no information on why or if we the next one will be passed. It gets demoralizing and makes you wonder if the wait is really going to be worth it. I love the game and am going to play but it's hard to just sit around when no information is provide. :/

2 minutes ago, xCROv said:

Waiting isn't an issue. We have all been waiting a while and that has never been the problem I think. The issue is that we are waiting and marching forward with no idea when. We are given time frames and we pass them with no information on why or if we the next one will be passed. It gets demoralizing and makes you wonder if the wait is really going to be worth it. I love the game and am going to play but it's hard to just sit around when no information is provide. :/

Well with each appearance Simon makes on the Youtube channel shows us they are closer and closer to there goal. We don't truly know the full scope of things going on in the background but from the looks of it and what Simon has said to us on Discord and in the videos, they have a lot of work to do. 

I don't know when they will release the game, but this is their top priority now, so it can't be hard to imagine it will be that far away.

With less than a month till the end of fall I don't see much time for pre orders. As for founder packs I don't see them happening at all as they tend to be for games that go free to play on the xbox, example being Tera, Skyforge, Defiant 2050 and DC universe online (xbox version again) I instead expect tied editions like most full release titles, Base then deluxe then super

3 minutes ago, xCROv said:

See the thing here though is, why do you think that is? Like I said earlier, I really really believe that there is no information because they are sitting around trying to figure pricing out.

I think that because, often times when a game has little or no information out about its release, a delay or cancellation happens, instead with Black Desert we heard nothing and then received an almost finished game in free beta, that’s different then I’m use to, not sure if you agree with my pricing decision conspiracy but I’d love to hear your thoughts. 

Im just so disappointed by this very nonsensical lack of discussion on the thread. Please if your opinion on this thread is basically to tell everyone that “anyone can do anything they want, including PA” go home, you’re drunk. 

20 minutes ago, Fortune said:

Complaining about communication is still complaining lol.

Wait a minute...but that's complaining about a LACK of hard work in the communication department, lol. Stop flip flopping around like a flailing fish. Sorry, communication is just good business, and I would expect better from a professional company of their size, regardless what country they originate in. I will continue to point out what I consider a subpar performance. 

And for the record, the communication or lack thereof is NOT the fault of Simon or the other CMs, imo. They release and tell us what they can.

Also, fyi, all thread bumps are appreciated. 😂

Edited by Jammer480

Let’s all hold our horses alright ? I think that this has created nothing but unnecessary fuss which is not leading to anything. Definitely nothing good. 

Simon’s words “we are launching this year” have been quoted several times after he wrote them and this seems to be the last official info to date. 

Lots of people, myself included, are dying for the game.. I even bought Xbox one x for this but bragging about how unhappy we are as a community won’t change anything. 

We need to chill and wait. 

Who is this kid again? I didn't ask for your opinion. Direct your messages at people that actually care about what you are talking about. Thanks @Fortune

Edit: Also just seeing recent post your actually just being "antagonizing" with your own views, while questioning others who obviously are firm believers of the success of this game. Granted you enjoy the game as much as everyone else. But continue to preach this word you love so much "entitlement".  Freedom of Speech.

Edited by Equilibrium

12 minutes ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

Let’s all hold our horses alright ?

If I could get in the game I could hold my horse...or something like that

• Haha 1