xCROv

Open Letter to Pearl Abyss

Wish we would get the game already 

Edited by Beond

54 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

Wait a minute...but that's complaining about a LACK of hard work in the communication department, lol. Stop flip flopping around like a flailing fish. Sorry, communication is just good business, and I would expect better from a professional company of their size, regardless what country they originate in. I will continue to point out what I consider a subpar performance. 

And for the record, the communication or lack thereof is NOT the fault of Simon or the other CMs, imo. They release and tell us what they can.

Also, fyi, all thread bumps are appreciated. 😂

They are communicating, it’s just not what you want to hear.

49 minutes ago, Equilibrium said:

Who is this kid again? I didn't ask for your opinion. Direct your messages at people that actually care about what you are talking about. Thanks @Fortune

Edit: Also just seeing recent post your actually just being "antagonizing" with your own views, while questioning others who obviously are firm believers of the success of this game. Granted you enjoy the game as much as everyone else. But continue to preach this word you love so much "entitlement".  Freedom of Speech.

Apparently you didn’t realize that this is a public forum and opinions are what we specialize in here.

59 minutes ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

Let’s all hold our horses alright ? I think that this has created nothing but unnecessary fuss which is not leading to anything. Definitely nothing good. 

Simon’s words “we are launching this year” have been quoted several times after he wrote them and this seems to be the last official info to date. 

Lots of people, myself included, are dying for the game.. I even bought Xbox one x for this but bragging about how unhappy we are as a community won’t change anything. 

We need to chill and wait. 

The fuss is not about actually launching the game but communicating to the community if it will still be in this stated time frame.  Simon did say it will be released this year.  Idk if you have noticed but november is over now and theres a month left in this year.  That is the point we are making.  In the past they have let us know that they are pushing it back not before the date they stated but days or weeks after their estimated launch time.  And you would think if they actually plan to launch this year they would know with only a month left.

2 hours ago, Fortune said:

How is it PA’s fault that someone bought an Xbox for a game without an official release date? Seems like hype got the best of you. I called some of you kids because you reacted the same way my kids do when they don’t get exactly what they want. If you want to be called an adult then act like one .

It was advertised to come out earlier this year. We have already stated that we understand that the game was harder to complete than previously thought.

Here is my evidence to one of the original  and official time frames given.

Edited by Azuki

For anyone that is worried that people are asking for them to release an unfinished product. We are not. The highlight of this post is to let the community know what to expect. 

The main question is will the game be out this year. I think that we should try to stick on this question as a community.

Edited by Azuki

10 minutes ago, Azuki said:

For anyone that is worried that people are asking for them to release an unfinished product. We are not. The highlight of this post is to let the community know what to expect. 

The main question is will the game be out this year. I think that we should try to stick on this question as a community.

People need to remember this. The main goal of this post is to clarify the information we already have with Pearl Abyss. Are we, or are we not, having a 2018 release. The answer doesn't matter as long as it isn't "We can't tell you" because that's just flat out untrue. There is less than a month at this point. If PA can't tell us they are releasing this month or not then they just dont care about people planning around the game. It would also be a hit to the launch. From a money perspective they want a maximum impact launch. That would require everyone knowing what time to prepare for. That's what it comes down to.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fortune said:

They are communicating, it’s just not what you want to hear

False...they are not currently communicating anything about a release date.

So again, thread bumps accepted, even low intelligence ones.😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Azuki said:

It was advertised to come out earlier this year. We have already stated that we understand that the game was harder to complete than previously thought.

Here is my evidence to one of the original  and official time frames given.

So riddle me this pal, If you already busted you initial release projection, much to the dismay of your fans, would you give another date without being 100% sure of it?

4 hours ago, Azuki said:

Simon already said the game will be out this year and it's still fall so why do you keep asking the same question?

4 hours ago, xCROv said:

People need to remember this. The main goal of this post is to clarify the information we already have with Pearl Abyss. Are we, or are we not, having a 2018 release. The answer doesn't matter as long as it isn't "We can't tell you" because that's just flat out untrue. There is less than a month at this point. If PA can't tell us they are releasing this month or not then they just dont care about people planning around the game. It would also be a hit to the launch. From a money perspective they want a maximum impact launch. That would require everyone knowing what time to prepare for. That's what it comes down to.

Again, Simon already said that the game will release this year if you don't remember that. PA won't release the game until is ready and that's why they keep giving release windows instead of firm dates. If PA hastily set a release date and busted it this forum would implode with all the butthurt which in my opinion would hurt the game more than the current semi-monthly updates showing us that they are still hard at work on the game but the end is near. Two weeks is plenty of time to prepare for most people. In my job I only need 2 weeks notice for paid leave so I'm not worried. They're going to make a killing on this game regardless.

2 hours ago, Jammer480 said:

False...they are not currently communicating anything about a release date.

So again, thread bumps accepted, even low intelligence ones.😁

I'm not sure how to dumb this down for you any further....Just because they aren't telling you what you want to hear, that doesn't mean that they aren't communicating with us. Do you know what the word communication means? I

12 minutes ago, Fortune said:

So riddle me this pal, If you already busted you initial release projection, much to the dismay of your fans, would you give another date without being 100% sure of it?

They already did. That's what this post is about. We are asking for clarification of the Fall 2018 deadline. There is less than a month of that left. People that have jobs and travel plans around this time would like to plan accordingly. It's a simple request. You point out two weeks is enough time for you. That would put them releasing information today or tomorrow if they give people the ability to buy packs before just jumping into the game. That eliminates any time for advertising also. Time is running out for "this year." That's what people keep asking and are wanting more information on.

Please keep this post civil. I welcome the debate and discussion and know there are people that fall on both sides but we should encourage everyone to have a conversation about it without calling names. That goes for everyone. Not directing it at just you @Fortune The community as a whole benefits from more information. 

Edited by xCROv

8 minutes ago, xCROv said:

They already did. That's what this post is about. We are asking for clarification of the Fall 2018 deadline. There is less than a month of that left. People that have jobs and travel plans around this time would like to plan accordingly. It's a simple request. You point out two weeks is enough time for you. That would put them releasing information today or tomorrow if they give people the ability to buy packs before just jumping into the game. That eliminates any time for advertising also. Time is running out for "this year." That's what people keep asking and are wanting more information on.

Please keep this post civil. I welcome the debate and discussion and know there are people that fall on both sides but we should encourage everyone to have a conversation about it without calling names. That goes for everyone. Not directing it at just you @Fortune

Well first of all, Fall 2018 was a projection not a deadline, it would behoove you to learn the difference. Actually if you want to get technical they said that the beta would be Fall 2018  not the full release and as you know we already got the beta. Furthermore there are 31 days in December, a week is 7 days, two weeks is 14 days. They could announce the release two weeks from now and still have 2 weeks to prepare before the end of the year. As far as advertising goes, what do you think all of those videos on the Black Desert Xbox facebook page are?

See i agree that having they have been very quiet with regards to giving the community information and mibi they have a reason to why they have been quiet but i also understand giving the community updates on if they are on course to making the time frame they gave us wouldnt be a bad thing as it would put alot of us at ease that have been waiting for this game since they announced itnfor xbox 

See i hope that they do keep to their time frame and release this year as in my opinion if they decide to release the game in the first 3 months of next year then they will have a lot of competition from the likes of resident evil 2 remake and kingdom hearts in january then anthem in february and then the division 2 in march.

So there will be some big games they will be going up against and personally i would love to get the game this year so i can play it before anthem and the division 2 comes out 

Edited by kajiru

4 minutes ago, Fortune said:

Well first of all, Fall 2018 was a projection not a deadline, it would behoove you to learn the difference. Actually if you want to get technical they said that the beta would be Fall 2018  not the full release and as you know we already got the beta. Furthermore there are 31 days in December, a week is 7 days, two weeks is 14 days. They could announce the release two weeks from now and still have 2 weeks to prepare before the end of the year. As far as advertising goes, what do you think all of those videos on the Black Desert Xbox facebook page are?

I kinda gave a general outline of what I would expect for a normal announcement of a game. Look over it and let me know what you think? To me it makes sense for them to allow time for people to buy the game and marketing to kick off. They would want that whole "I have to buy it now before the game starts" mentality. Almost every version has given advanced starting for those packs also. What's your opinion?

bdo1.PNG

Also, Simon has a ton of posts so it's hard to find but here is an image. While it does say "If nothing goes wrong it will launch this year" we have not been told that anything has gone wrong or seen any signs of it. That's what people are really wanting more information on.

launchthisyear.PNG

6 minutes ago, xCROv said:

I kinda gave a general outline of what I would expect for a normal announcement of a game. Look over it and let me know what you think? To me it makes sense for them to allow time for people to buy the game and marketing to kick off. They would want that whole "I have to buy it now before the game starts" mentality. Almost every version has given advanced starting for those packs also. What's your opinion?

bdo1.PNG

Also, Simon has a ton of posts so it's hard to find but here is an image. While it does say "If nothing goes wrong it will launch this year" we have not been told that anything has gone wrong or seen any signs of it. That's what people are really wanting more information on.

launchthisyear.PNG

You don't really need two weeks to buy a game. Either you have the money or you don't. Although I get paid monthly, most people get paid every two weeks so even if you're living paycheck to paycheck you still would have a chance to buy the game before release with two weeks notice. You can pre-order games hours before they release on xbox(I've done it). I wouldn't expect a head start (if they even have one) to be more than a few days in an MMO so that's not much to consider. Of course I want the game to launch sooner rather than later but if they said today the game was coming out tomorrow i'd still be ready.

3 minutes ago, Fortune said:

You don't really need two weeks to buy a game. Either you have the money or you don't. Although I get paid monthly, most people get paid every two weeks so even if you're living paycheck to paycheck you still would have a chance to buy the game before release with two weeks notice. You can pre-order games hours before they release on xbox(I've done it). I wouldn't expect a head start (if they even have one) to be more than a few days in an MMO so that's not much to consider. Of course I want the game to launch sooner rather than later but if they said today the game was coming out tomorrow i'd still be ready.

I fully agree. Everyone here will still buy the game. You don't think they would give more time to sell the game before launching it? Founders packs lose a lot of their value after the game has already started. We still have time I think, but it's quickly running out.

39 minutes ago, Fortune said:

I'm not sure how to dumb this down for you any further....Just because they aren't telling you what you want to hear, that doesn't mean that they aren't communicating with us. Do you know what the word communication means? I

Well, you obviously aren't married and I can say you absolutely dont hv a partner if you think being silent on a topic is communicating. Lmao!!!

But since every time you reply to someone your ignorance shows a little more, maybe your most intelligent communication is being silent. What say you give it a try n show everyone your intelligent side? 😃

Everyone play nice. :) We dont wan't Simon to go all minesweeper on us. I have seen what he does. It's savage. He spares no one.

Edited by xCROv

2 minutes ago, xCROv said:

I fully agree. Everyone here will still buy the game. You don't think they would give more time to sell the game before launching it? Founders packs lose a lot of their value after the game has already started. We still have time I think, but it's quickly running out.

They gave about 2 weeks for the beta and it was packed, overwhelmingly so. I don't think they will need tons of time to sell this game. 

1 minute ago, Jammer480 said:

Well, you obviously aren't married and I can say you absolutely dont hv a partner if you think being silent on a topic is communicating. Lmao!!!

But since every time you reply to someone your ignorance shows a little more, maybe your most intelligent communication is being silent. What say you give it a try n show everyone your intelligent side? 😃

I have a wife, two kids, two dogs and a firm understanding of the English language. How about you?

43 minutes ago, Fortune said:

I have a wife, two kids, two dogs and a firm understanding of the English language. How about you?

2 wives(1ex), 4 kids, 1 dog and obviously a much better understanding of the definition of communication. 🤣