kunser

Keeping xbox running 24x7

I was thoughtful enough to keep my old Xbox when I bought my Xbox X.My plan is to do afk stuff on my old one when I’m sleeping,or at work.Only thing I bought for this purpose was a cheap wired controller so I won’t have to charge and replace batteries.

19 minutes ago, Foreverrgamer87 said:

I was thoughtful enough to keep my old Xbox when I bought my Xbox X.My plan is to do afk stuff on my old one when I’m sleeping,or at work.Only thing I bought for this purpose was a cheap wired controller so I won’t have to charge and replace batteries.

or get a rechargeable battery pack and just plug in the controller? and then you never need to buy batteries

6 hours ago, lancia12 said:

You can't be logged into 2 different xboxs with the same gamer tag at the same time.  So even with 2 xbox it won't work.  I am also not aware of a game being able to run in the background while you play another.  The consoles aren't really designed to multitask.  The only thing I can think of that does this is when something is queued.  You can still play a game while another is downloading and installing.  I'm also able to do simple things like launch IE while games are running.

This was something I was thinking about while playing beta.  I think the best we are going to get right now is to setup your AFK skilling and return to the home screen.  I believe that reduces the CPU but don't know for sure.  You could also use the stream to PC function of the xbox app and just change inputs on your TV to do something else.

Nah bruh I meant for it to be used as an afk tool. Actually made a thread about it. Really sad u didnt read it. 

On 11/29/2018 at 7:38 PM, Cloudkicker said:

I'm not paying $100s just for another console in order to not play a game on a main console

FTFY 

I'm just saying Ark survival evolved was like that to start with on console before Unofficial PC Season was implemented. People had to buy another Xbox one in order to run thier own server, ratio at the time was $300-500 so hell no xD

1 hour ago, Deathz Angel said:

Watch I am going to say they might be making AFK skills ongoing thing even if you shut off your Xbox one,  that is about the only solution that is reasonable. 

They have to do something. Most people will NOT leave that on all night.

Lol, they won't make anything. If you don't like having Xbox turned on, go play pubg or tera. Stop crying about every little thing and expecting PA to remake the game. You all know how it is on PC, so accept it or go another way.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Lol, they won't make anything. If you don't like having Xbox turned on, go play pubg or tera. Stop crying about every little thing and expecting PA to remake the game. You all know how it is on PC, so accept it or go another way.

Gotta agree, at this point it hard to expect these kind of changes. Thinking otherwise is kind of naive.

22 minutes ago, Deathz Angel said:

I don't have to worry about leaving my Xbox one on they have an app that I bet you can set up your toon to do AFK Lifeskills through that and have your Xbox off. 

or just sell that xbox and save the trouble of doing all of that.