kunser

Keeping xbox running 24x7

Will you be implementing a tray mode, something that won't run the xbox full bore like the pc option?  I just don't want to blow out my xbox playing this game and was hoping this would be something in developement.

lol that title Goat Slayer XDXDXD anyways even if such topics are created I'd like to know it as well ... 

2 hours ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

Just buy 2 xboxs. Solved.

Money is not always that easy for everyone to just toss out there for multiple consoles...

joker_money.jpg

3 hours ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

That may not be the issue for everyone. My biggest concern is hardware failure. I would hate to hear that my house burned down and/or killed the upstairs tenants. Chances of that are not likely, but there is always a chance, if not me someone else maybe. 

4 hours ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

I'm not paying $100s just for another console in order to play a game on a main console that's just ignorant

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RisingReaper said:

I'm not paying $100s just for another console in order to play a game on a main console that's just ignorant

I'm not paying $100s just for another console in order to not play a game on a main console

FTFY 

• Haha 2

I decided to skip BDO... Afk skilling on Xbox killed it for me i just wont do it on console.

• Like 1

And be at a disadvantage in a game with pvp as primary focus? Hell no there are plenty of other games out there. 

I got 2 choices: Buy 200$ Xbox One S for afk skilling and spend ~200$ on cash shop for necessary things in order to have fun (yes yes i know you dont have to spend anything but good luck having enjoyable experience then) so thats 400$ already. Or i can spend 100$ on black friday (which i did) and buy 10 AAA games with all DLCs and have fun without any hidden costs.

Not hard decision for me.

Edited by Namus
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Namus said:

And be at a disadvantage in a game with pvp as primary focus? Hell no there are plenty of other games out there. 

I got 2 choices: Buy 200$ Xbox One S for afk skilling and spend ~200$ on cash shop for necessary things in order to have fun (yes yes i know you dont have to spend anything but good luck having enjoyable experience then) so thats 400$ already. Or i can spend 100$ on black friday (which i did) and buy 10 AAA games with all DLCs and have fun without any hidden costs.

I agree that they're missing out on massive sales , and frustrating their playerbase incredibly,  by not giving us any information for the holiday season. 

I'm thoroughly addicted to the grind and race of BDO though.  It's one of the only games where the effort you put in directly determines the power of your character.  (Since there's no p2p trading or power leveling)

They have me by the warm and danglies.

Gonna just wait it out.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Namus said:

Just run it all the time. It'll be fine. Suit yourself though

5 minutes ago, Strapz said:

So many people on this forum who say they aren't playing bdo but are still here...🤔

Even more amazing is how many people are still here even when they still can't play BDX... 🤣

3 hours ago, Namus said:

Not hard decision for me

Show me those 10 "AAA" games with all dlcs for 100$. Has to be 2018 games tho. Genuinely interested 😅 

I subbed for game pass, I guess itll pass the time till bd .

3$ on xbox for this month btw

4 hours ago, Namus said:

yes yes i know you dont have to spend anything but good luck having enjoyable experience then

Lol i have played black desert on pc and didnt spend any money on it and still had an amazing experience so i dnt know where you got this load of crap from

On 11/30/2018 at 7:47 PM, Dr INF3NRO said:

Show me those 10 "AAA" games with all dlcs for 100$. Has to be 2018 games tho. Genuinely interested 😅 

I subbed for game pass, I guess itll pass the time till bd .

3$ on xbox for this month btw

Why does it have to be 2018 games? If a game is older and you haven't played it does that mean its bad? BDO is not 2018 game btw. I bought MK XL (all dlcs) for 5$, Witcher 3 (all dlcs) for 20$, Fallout 4 (all dlcs) for 24$, Diablo 3 (all dlcs) for 20$, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (with all DLCs) for 5.5$, Dark Souls 2 (all dlcs) for 10$, Dark Souls 3 (all dlcs) 28$. That's 115$ for 7 great games each with all DLCs included. For that money its possible i couldn't even get all tier 3 pets. 

EDIT: Was writing from top of my head i forgot Batman Return to Arkham bundle for 5$ (Batman Akrham Asylum + Arkham City with all dlcs) and Batman Arkham Knight for 10$ (all dlcs). 

That makes it 10 games for 130$ i guess. Every game with all DLCs and all great games acknowledged by both critics and players.

Edited by Namus

3 hours ago, Namus said:

Why does it have to be 2018 games? If a game is older and you haven't played it does that mean its bad? BDO is not 2018 game btw. I bought MK XL (all dlcs) for 5$, Witcher 3 (all dlcs) for 20$, Fallout 4 (all dlcs) for 24$, Diablo 3 (all dlcs) for 20$, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (with all DLCs) for 5.5$, Dark Souls 2 (all dlcs) for 10$, Dark Souls 3 (all dlcs) 28$. That's 115$ for 7 great games each with all DLCs included. For that money its possible i couldn't even get all tier 3 pets. 

EDIT: Was writing from top of my head i forgot Batman Return to Arkham bundle for 5$ (Batman Akrham Asylum + Arkham City with all dlcs) and Batman Arkham Knight for 10$ (all dlcs). 

That makes it 10 games for 130$ i guess. Every game with all DLCs and all great games acknowledged by both critics and players.

Well first, im asking for 2018 cause I most likely played anything older (that intrests me).

And also, BDO remastered edition was released in 2018 and its hard to argue against it being "new". The servers are old yes, but you essentially get a game fit for 2018ish hardware.

Aaaaand its already beyond 100$ kek

On 11/30/2018 at 2:27 PM, kajiru said:

Lol i have played black desert on pc and didnt spend any money on it and still had an amazing experience so i dnt know where you got this load of crap from

Well, it's settled folks. Anecdotal evidence + sample size of one = fact

• Haha 1

On 12/2/2018 at 4:30 PM, Dr INF3NRO said:

Well first, im asking for 2018 cause I most likely played anything older (that intrests me).

And also, BDO remastered edition was released in 2018 and its hard to argue against it being "new". The servers are old yes, but you essentially get a game fit for 2018ish hardware.

Aaaaand its already beyond 100$ kek

That remaster only hurts my eyes nothing more if you check my post history my number 1 feedback was to let us turn it off and if you check youtube videos of PC players no one keeps it turned on. We just got super shiny graphics i don't see how that makes a new game? Anyway i wont post here anymore since its pointless. I will say that i still think BDO is a really good game but its simply (FOR ME) not worth the hassle and money to play it somewhat normal. To those of you that plan to stay i hope you enjoy it.

27 minutes ago, Namus said:

That remaster only hurts my eyes nothing more if you check my post history my number 1 feedback was to let us turn it off and if you check youtube videos of PC players no one keeps it turned on. We just got super shiny graphics i don't see how that makes a new game? Anyway i wont post here anymore since its pointless. I will say that i still think BDO is a really good game but its simply (FOR ME) not worth the hassle and money to play it somewhat normal. To those of you that plan to stay i hope you enjoy it.

Im guessing the new audio work means nothing to you as well. For me it meant a lot and gave me goosebumps the first time I heard it.

I agree that the graphics were overwhelmingly bright at times but they were mostly stunning and made my jaw drop constantly with awe. 

Lets just agree to disagree.

Enjoy your gaming.

On 11/30/2018 at 7:03 PM, Strapz said:

So many people on this forum who say they aren't playing bdo but are still here...🤔

good question, a few times I asked myself "why in hell Im still checking this forum from time to time?" ...

perhaps Im just curious how and when BDO will finally release. And otherwise there are still many unanswered questions like this topic here. for me it would be pain in the ass to run my xbox(es) afk to lvl. its not good for the equipment and not good for my electricity bill. in other words, its stupid and sometimes stress. "We must got" ... "Nooooo wait, I need to travel to xyz to afk lvl blabla, I cant turn my console off like in all other games" cause this would be a disadvantage.

If there would be a solution for this, this could be a good point to play the game (for one or the other) ... it could make up another negativ point. For me as example, the 6 class release is still unbelievable. maybe most ppl are ok with that, I dont. Still a good solution for the afk lvling could erase the class problem.  

And second thing why Im still here, even if I dont plan to play BDO actually... some cool ppl are active here and I like to read what they say.

On 11/29/2018 at 2:29 PM, Dr INF3NRO said:

You can't be logged into 2 different xboxs with the same gamer tag at the same time.  So even with 2 xbox it won't work.  I am also not aware of a game being able to run in the background while you play another.  The consoles aren't really designed to multitask.  The only thing I can think of that does this is when something is queued.  You can still play a game while another is downloading and installing.  I'm also able to do simple things like launch IE while games are running.

This was something I was thinking about while playing beta.  I think the best we are going to get right now is to setup your AFK skilling and return to the home screen.  I believe that reduces the CPU but don't know for sure.  You could also use the stream to PC function of the xbox app and just change inputs on your TV to do something else.

@lancia12

no one is saying be logged into your account on both xbox's at the same time.