Lucanesti

Another Open Letter

Pearl Abyss,

Now that the dust has settled behind what was an amazing beta, I wanted to express my opinions on what I see around the community. We just recently got the post-beta video showing us updates that the game has received and it's amazing to see our feedback for the beta have real actions on the game we want to play. The communication during the beta was amazing, the CM staff, the developers, everyone in the community working together to report and give feedback. It really was something that you rarely see in a community. Words having an impact on what happens. Both sides working towards making BDX the best thing it can be. But that highlights the real issue...

The community has constantly been kept in the dark about real information for the game. We all played the beta, we all have read every news post that the CM's have posted. We watched the trailer where the game was announced early 2018, read the interview with executive producer Jae-Hee Kim where the date was stated as releasing early 2018. Despite the date changes we are all still here and more hyped then we ever have been.

The issue with where we currently reside is we have been told another date; Fall 2018. We were told that we would receive information if this date wasn't going to be able to be made also. Given the information that was seen in the post-beta video I have seen members of the community start to doubt if we will see the game launched at all during the 2018 year along with key members of the community stating that they are getting tired of being in the dark so much and have given themselves ultimatums for a release date or they leave. We would rather know a solid time frame, even if it has to move a few times to get it done. What we don't want is to figure out that the game isn't going to release when we were told slowly and on our own.

So now to the point: 

We need information on a release date. We love this game and want to be ready for it. With that, people need time to schedule around holidays, work vacation, spending money on the game, and many other things. These are not things that can be planned around on a "we are releasing next week" kind of schedule, and for us to meet a 2018 deadline, like we were told, that's the only option we would have. Hype is easy to keep when you know what is going on but being left in the dark you feel lost and feel like there is no direction, and that is where we are now. If the dates have to move then so be it. Don't let us find out that the game is not coming out Fall 2018 by the last day of the season rolling around. It will only anger the community. If there are packages planned and head start scheduled then let us know. We want to be able to plan out our time playing the launch of Black Desert on the Xbox and that involves information. Information only you can give us.

Thanks,

The Community.

Lock this one and lose another customer on top of however many you lost in the weeks since beta of silence and popping in Discord to babble on about nonsense pretending we weren’t mislead by Simon about the game launching this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Copy and paste much.

lose another customer on top of however many you lost in the weeks since beta of silence

You do realise progress takes time and they're not silent, we got the winners of the fireworks photo event, post beta changes and updates on the release date saying they're working on it and once they have a date they'll tell us.

Edited by CubicVariable42

53 minutes ago, Elder Cog said:

Annoying the devs is not gonna end well.

Everyone wants an update but they have said they will delay it if we pester them

I think people are just wanting to know if they are still on track for a 2018 release so we can all be at ease because they havent really been forth coming in regards to information. 

Dont get me wrong i understand that the community managers hands are tied with how much and what kindnof informstion that they can gvie out due to the nda that they would have been made to sign 

• Thanks 1

I'm just not sure why the other one was locked. :/ I think the community put a lot of time into expressing their opinions on that thread and it was just... Locked... Pretty for sure that post has the most likes of any post on this board outside of a post made by Simon about an update. Like @kajiru said... I get that the CM's have their hands tied and are doing the best they can but the community wants to plan their vacation time around holidays and BDX with the end of the year coming up.

I don't know about y'all but my paid time off rolls over at the end of the year. You use it or you dont. I would like to use that on Holidays and BDX but with this little time to schedule things BDO may just be out of the picture and if you can't enjoy a fun launch, well what's the point. If they know it's coming out December what is the harm in telling us. If it's not coming out in December then again... What is the harm. We just want to know.

pp,550x550.u1.jpg

Edited by xCROv
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Elder Cog said:

Everyone wants an update but they have said they will delay it if we pester them

This is petty and sounds like a very childish response.  If this was said then I would question professionalism.

Anyway PA will make most of their money off of the people with jobs who make enough to have expendable income.  Those people need time to plan around the launch of the game because im sure everyone wants to have some free time to play at launch.  Most work environments expect no less than 2 weeks notice to request time off.  Not only that but some people have families and holidays to plan around this next month.

We have been giving launch time frames 4 times now and each time in the past they wait until that time has come and past to let us know it's not happening even when its obviously the case.  Legit they waited days or weeks after the given time frame to tell us "oh hey guys yeah we arent releasing in Q1 of 2018, just letting ya know even though its currently summer".  I just want to know if we are still on track to release next month or should i go spend my free time and money somewhere else.  And i dont mind waiting a little longer either, I just need to know how long I will be waiting.

• Like 2

At this point, expect it to be delayed again.🤪

If this games does not come out sometime through December. I think they can tells their cash cows good bye tooooooo many good games coming out Feb - March...

Edited by Uryu

Just dont wana spend money on something now just to be told the games launching in a week lol...

7 minutes ago, Kasai said:

Just dont wana spend money on something now just to be told the games launching in a week lol...

Agreed. Like I was saying above. Without enough warning time it will feel like a knife in the side to get a short notice on a release date. I would rather know a date, even if it is far away or has to keep moving.

• Like 1

Idk, December seems like a bad release month. I will be surprised if they release it with only one or two weeks heads up, without bigger PR.

Plus the month is starting tomorrow, and many players are focusing on family life and expenses. I'm pretty sure that means less income from pearl shop. 

Generally February, march is my guess or something like "early 2019-ish". 

Also don't expect any info until last minute. You guys should already know how it flows between this company and players

Edited by Daniel

48 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Idk, December seems like a bad release month. I will be surprised if they release it with only one or two weeks heads up, without bigger PR.

Plus the month is starting tomorrow, and many players are focusing on family life and expenses. I'm pretty sure that means less income from pearl shop. 

Generally February, march is my guess or something like "early 2019-ish". 

Also don't expect any info until last minute. You guys should already know how it flows between this company and players

Exactly why we are making this a point.  If they would just tell us now they dont intend on releasing this year then we dont have to wonder if they will or wont xD
And you are exactly correct about money and time.  I have money put back now but if im not spending it here i will take it elsewhere for now.  And i have time to use for launch but if its not coming i would love to know to use it somewhere else.  Just tired of being teased and baited into a general time frame only for it not to happen.

• Like 1

Just now, Kasai said:

Exactly why we are making this a point.  If they would just tell us now they dont intend on releasing this year then we dont have to wonder if they will or wont xD
And you are exactly correct about money and time.  I have money put back now but if im not spending it here i will take it elsewhere for now.  And i have time to use for launch but if its not coming i would love to know to use it somewhere else.  Just tired of being teased and baited into a general time frame only for it not to happen.

I have held off on buying fo76 and it looks like today i will shell out 60 for it...

8 minutes ago, angryps4gamer said:

I have held off on buying fo76 and it looks like today i will shell out 60 for it...

That's a mistake. The game is getting awful reviews from what I have seen. Either way. Everyone here is right. We are not asking for a confirmed release date. What we want to know is if the FALL 2018 deadline still stands. We were told we would get news if it doesn't and we haven't gotten any. Means one of two things. It is going to release and we will get news tonight at Festa or we wont see anything and it wont be coming out in fall.

7 minutes ago, xCROv said:

That's a mistake. The game is getting awful reviews from what I have seen. Either way. Everyone here is right. We are not asking for a confirmed release date. What we want to know is if the FALL 2018 deadline still stands. We were told we would get news if it doesn't and we haven't gotten any. Means one of two things. It is going to release and we will get news tonight at Festa or we wont see anything and it wont be coming out in fall.

More so "release this year" has been said by PA multiple times.

• Like 1

Honestly even if they give a release date I’m not trusting it, lol, they have given 4 times and missed them all.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, xCROv said:

I think the community put a lot of time into expressing their opinions on that thread and it was just... Locked... 

People can still read it though it's not like it's been deleted.

5 hours ago, Klue said:

Honestly even if they give a release date I’m not trusting it, lol, they have given 4 times and missed them all.

They haven't given an exact date ever, the closest they've given is a quarter(as in first quarter of 2018), or a season.

We got no information about anything from Festa. We still don't even know if "Global" includes the Xbox version. Kinda upset that we still have no news for the game at all and Pearl Abyss events just keep coming and going.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, CubicVariable42 said:

People can still read it though it's not like it's been deleted.

It was locked with no post saying why. Just locked. It’s unprofessional and rude. Not responding to us is one thing, but trying to stop players from rule abiding discussions because they don’t like the subject is not something anyone should tolerate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xCROv said:

We got no information about anything from Festa. We still don't even know if "Global" includes the Xbox version. Kinda upset that we still have no news for the game at all and Pearl Abyss events just keep coming and going.

Global doesn’t include Xbox version. The game will expand the same way PUBG did. Gradually, months behind PC. At least until some point in the future. 

Edited by Rocketfuel77777