Sign in to follow this  
Dova

New possibility for release

So I had a thought... 

The Game Awards is coming up next week on December 6th and perhaps bdx will get the release date announced then. My reasoning behind this comes from Obsidian entertainment who Microsoft purchased this year, and will be revealing their new game they've been working on. Since we know MS will be showing at least one new exclusive that'll be available sometime later, then perhaps bdx will be given its release then as a way of saying "while you look forward to this game sometime whenever, play this other game called bdx on our console starting from (insert release date here)". 

If this is the case then bdx will get the publicity it needs along with the official release date. 

Hopefully this might happen if not it'd be a wasted opportunity for MS and PA. 

Edited by Dova
  • Like 1

I really hope so, my gut says no since I've been hurt before lol but like an abused gamer I'll put my faith in them once more!!

• Haha 1

Theres today to microsoft having special event for charity that includes game previews. Its an event they do anhually for children's hospital. Phil.spencer going to be on ar 2 mst.also phil had said soomething about award event at event in mexico,never know what they reveal. I do folow him on twitter,this week he wa visiting his uk studios,ninja theory, rare,playground,,turn 10..so probably has some vids i hope. If nl announcement trailer. Pa could just put out formal statement first.

2 minutes ago, sunstar said:

Theres today to microsoft having special event for charity that includes game previews. Its an event they do anhually for children's hospital. Phil.spencer going to be on ar 2 mst.also phil had said soomething about award event at event in mexico,never know what they reveal. I do folow him on twitter,this week he wa visiting his uk studios,ninja theory, rare,playground,,turn 10..so probably has some vids i hope. If nl announcement trailer. Pa could just put out formal statement first.

Yeah it would be nice to recieve a formal statement from PA but then again they're probs under the heat trying to push for release. Best thing we can honestly do is wait and see what happens. Getting upset will only make things feel worse. 

49 minutes ago, Dova said:

Yeah it would be nice to recieve a formal statement from PA but then again they're probs under the heat trying to push for release. Best thing we can honestly do is wait and see what happens. Getting upset will only make things feel worse. 

The issue is that people need time to schedule around the holidays for release. PA's main market is towards people who are going to spend money, people who are working. People that, on average, need at least a few weeks to schedule time off to play. Count in holidays coming up, it's 100% understandable why people are getting upset.

3 minutes ago, xCROv said:

The issue is that people need time to schedule around the holidays for release. PA's main market is towards people who are going to spend money, people who are working. People that, on average, need at least a few weeks to schedule time off to play. Count in holidays coming up, it's 100% understandable why people are getting upset.

Never said people weren't upset and I can certainly see why they would be. But for now, at least me anyways I'm going to hold out one more week considering TGS could possibly be when they announce the release date.

As a side discussion though, with games that aim for that market you're talking about they generally have longterm monetisation planned. Release sales aren't going to have a huge effect when people will spend their money on the game regardless. 

Sure people wanting to take time off work is a thing but for a business model such as this you'll want people to always feel more inclined to spend and making it harder to schedule for time off work is what the business model hopes as it'll lead to increased 'catch up' spending. 

4 hours ago, Dova said:

So I had a thought... 

The Game Awards is coming up next week on December 7th and perhaps bdx will get the release date announced then. My reasoning behind this comes from Obsidian entertainment who Microsoft purchased this year, and will be revealing their new game they've been working on. Since we know MS will be showing at least one new exclusive that'll be available sometime later, then perhaps bdx will be given its release then as a way of saying "while you look forward to this game sometime whenever, play this other game called bdx on our console starting from (insert release date here)". 

If this is the case then bdx will get the publicity it needs along with the official release date. 

Hopefully this might happen if not it'd be a wasted opportunity for MS and PA. 

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg.c92bf18ef5c70ad21c8ec74d7e08b068.jpg 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dova said:

I'm not upset, just added this, causeci'd read about it.

I do think that they may give us a release date at the game awards,  I think also we will see some more footage /info on death stranding,  and so hyped for some borderlands 3 confirmation being I have no games to play right now,  everything that came out sucks so I am waiting for bdx,  I might give warriors orichi 4 a try.  But yeah for this year Thursday is the last hope that I see anything worth buying. 

they want to launch the game more than we do, they just do not want to commit to giving release date and then do not comply. I've read here in the forum about the advantages of pitching before Christmas and I agree with them. I think we'll have before Christmas

5 minutes ago, Darus said:
they want to launch the game more than we do, they just do not want to commit to giving release date and then do not comply. I've read here in the forum about the advantages of pitching before Christmas and I agree with them. I think we'll have before Christmas

i'm guessing around Dec 14th you will get the announcement

How is that an issue that you need to schedule time off sounds like to me you just want the release window to work for you and unfortunately that’s not the case. People are upset about the silence not that they can’t schedule time off your the only one complaining non stop quit trying to push the narrative your way it will release when it releases I really hope it gets announced at the VGAs if nothing more so you will stop moping around and complaining about it honestly there’s a pc version go play it while you wait if your so worried.

3 hours ago, CtheDead209 said:

How is that an issue that you need to schedule time off sounds like to me you just want the release window to work for you and unfortunately that’s not the case. People are upset about the silence not that they can’t schedule time off your the only one complaining non stop quit trying to push the narrative your way it will release when it releases I really hope it gets announced at the VGAs if nothing more so you will stop moping around and complaining about it honestly there’s a pc version go play it while you wait if your so worried.

I told you on discord that I am not looking for an argument with anyone and won't participate in one. It would be great if we could stick with that rather than come to the forums and quote multiple of my posts just to continue it after I had blocked you.

Edited by xCROv

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

Well, since December has 31 days.

If we change place of numbers.

13. December release confirmed

Unless the 13 is months, and since there is only 12, January release.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wiitchcraft said:

Unless the 13 is months, and since there is only 12, January release.

This is perfect. January release confirmed! Haha.

• Like 1