Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tsexton

Release date

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, xCROv said:

Again, I really think people need to not let the discussion turn into talking about other people or users here on the forums. If you don't share the same sentiment for wanting to get updated information then that's perfectly fine but opening the discussion to say that people that want the game now are "emotionally distressed" or are "entitled kids" is going to get this thread locked, just like the last one. If you dont share the same views just don't bump the thread and it will go away. :)

 

On the main topic though. We are quickly getting to the dates @Dova had suggested and it's really the last foreseeable opportunity to announce launch plans. When does that event start again Dova?

No disrespect  meant to you crovv as k chat with you daily. This writer was not attacking anyone in their post, as ithat writer is clearly reasoning with everyone to calmdown, it wasn't a put down as you interpeted it,the words were carefully chosen. If simon locks this thread it wont be their post,as they were not flaming anyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Red dead redemption 2 is horrible,  everyone cries bdo is p2w (which it is not ) but denies that rdr2 is p2w lol you are blissful. I will wait until bdo drops and hope it costs around 49.99 at least so lots of ignorance will be avoided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Deathz Angel said:

Red dead redemption 2 is horrible,  everyone cries bdo is p2w (which it is not ) but denies that rdr2 is p2w lol you are blissful. I will wait until bdo drops and hope it costs around 49.99 at least so lots of ignorance will be avoided.

BDO doesn't hit p2w territory untill yout in full tri pushing toward soft cap on boss gear.

1 memory fragment recovers 1 durability for 750k, you lose 10 durability a fail so 7.5mil per fail.

Or you can pay for an art mem to make it 4 durability per mem frag.

This makes it ~1.75mil per fail.

Pushing to soft cap your bound to fail , quite literally thousands of enhancement attempts.  

It becomes a game of open your wallet or progress at 1 4th the speed of those who do.

They can also add valks crys to bump up the p2w, you buy a 30$ costume to melt down into extra fail stacks that make it more likely you'll succeed you enhancements. 

If this version just avoids these 2 items it will be the best game available to mmo gamers.  Without question. 

Edited by Harming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Harming said:

No one here asking for a date but another time frame that we can plan our holidays around, ya know... like the last 4 that have come and gone. If its not coming this month, loving tell us. Not difficult.   And the games already made, were getting small tweaks here and there but BDO has been out for years and has miles of content lined up already.  It's not like they're going into a new land without a map. The games successfull as is, and gets killed by p2w greed. All they have to do to be successfull at this point is literally launch the game, and not be greedy (with arts mems and valks crys or an unrestricted pearl shop to market place selling scheme). Bdo can launch in any state and add in content gradually since there is no restriction.  You can level endlessly and build funds endlessly waiting for more content to come.  Prepping for things as they get added.   They could launch the game exactly the same as the beta and it wouldn't hurt the game overall at all.

I don’t understand why you would want PA to release another arbitrary timeframe to go off of. I don’t work for PA but I imagine the situation like this: They are working diligently to fix one or more issues that could potentially be game breaking and/or effect the launch. They have a preliminary deadline to fix these issues. If they fix the issue(s) the game will launch as scheduled this year. If they don’t fix them before their deadline the launch will be pushed back. Until they reach that deadline they cannot announce their projected release date and risk missing the deadline thus pushing back their projected release date. 

Makes sense now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Fortune said:

I don’t understand why you would want PA to release another arbitrary timeframe to go off of. I don’t work for PA but I imagine the situation like this: They are working diligently to fix one or more issues that could potentially be game breaking and/or effect the launch. They have a preliminary deadline to fix these issues. If they fix the issue(s) the game will launch as scheduled this year. If they don’t fix them before their deadline the launch will be pushed back. Until they reach that deadline they cannot announce their projected release date and risk missing the deadline thus pushing back their projected release date. 

Makes sense now?

It's not hard to say if your going to be ready or not in a 30 day time frame.  We simply want to know if we should hold back money and schedule time off this month around the holidays.

If there's a massive game breaking glaring issue, any competent developer will know that it's not getting fixed in a months time. Tell us that. (I didn't see any of this in the BETA aside from the cron castle quest and lack of a marketplace).

 

That's not asking much .

 

Edited by Harming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Harming said:

It's not hard to say if your going to be ready or not in a 30 day time frame.  We simply want to know if we should hold back money and schedule time off this month around the holidays.

If there's a massive game breaking glaring issue, any competent developer will know that it's not getting fixed in a months time. Tell us that.

 

That's not asking much .

 

How could you possibly have any idea of what’s hard or not for PA unless you work for them? Stop assuming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you confuse fortune people just ask for an answer to bdo 2018 or bdo rip 2018 I do not think it's too hard for PA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Fortune said:

How could you possibly have any idea of what’s hard or not for PA unless you work for them? Stop assuming.

I work for a robotics company that services retailers.  I'm a developer in an agile enviroment working mainly in Python and C++ in conjunction with ROS. (Mainly working on Lidar tech through Rviz for autonomous mapping)

I do this **** every day.

No assuming here. 

Edited by Harming
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Harming said:

I work for a robotics company that services retailers.  I'm a developer in an agile enviroment working mainly in Python and C++ in conjunction with ROS. (Mainly working on Lidar tech through Rviz for autonomous mapping)

I do this **** every day.

No assuming here. 

I’m sorry but the correct answer is “ I work for pearl abyss” 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Fortune said:

No one told you to buy a new Xbox. No one told you that the full release was going to be right after the beta. You know what happens when you assume right?

Hmmm. I don’t think my tone conveys that I was forced to buy an Xbox or that I expected the game to be released. It’s going to be an awesome game and I have no doubt they’re working hard on release, I just see no reason to go silent about an elephant in the room. Most people here are being reasonable asking for a timeframe to plan some time off to play the game. These are the ones who will spend money on it, it’s in PAs best interest to keep them informed. 

Edited by Dendal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Dendal said:

Hmmm. I don’t think my tone conveys that I was forced to buy an Xbox or that I expected the game to be released. It’s going to be an awesome game and I have no doubt they’re working hard on release, I just see no reason to go silent about an elephant in the room. Most people here are being reasonable asking for a timeframe to plan some time off to play the game. These are the ones who will spend money on it, it’s in PAs best interest to keep them informed. 

Do you think that PA is just waiting around checking the forums for enough people ask for a release date, then they will announce? They will announce when it’s ready. 

Bonus: I’ll even tell you a secret. No amount of forum posts is going to change the release date. Also, no amount for forum posts is going to make the release date announcement come faster. PA is looking for honest feedback to improve the game. Not whining about why it isn’t out yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BlessOnline said:

Wtf are you smoking. Red dead is a god damn masterpiece.

Compared to Black Desert tf are you smoking..

Thank god you didnt hate on kh3.

Sorry to disappoint you but RDR has two marks against it in my book, the first is it's a western and the second is it's developer. I will never support them due to GTA games as I have a family that have worked in law enforcement and the stories that weren't too hard to share give ME nightmares, any game that paints Police or Prison Guards as targets can go burn in hell with the people that thought them up. 

31 minutes ago, Fortune said:

Do you think that PA is just waiting around checking the forums for enough people ask for a release date, then they will announce? They will announce when it’s ready. 

Bonus: I’ll even tell you a secret. No amount of forum posts is going to change the release date. Also, no amount for forum posts is going to make the release date announcement come faster. PA is looking for honest feedback to improve the game. Not whining about why it isn’t out yet.

Thinking of positive feedback what do you think the game needs from the beta to full release, as in what could be improved or what was missing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Fortune said:

Do you think that PA is just waiting around checking the forums for enough people ask for a release date, then they will announce? They will announce when it’s ready. 

Bonus: I’ll even tell you a secret. No amount of forum posts is going to change the release date. Also, no amount for forum posts is going to make the release date announcement come faster. PA is looking for honest feedback to improve the game. Not whining about why it isn’t out yet.

Oh sorry I thought we were in the general discussion forum.. Wait, we are! Cool. Thanks for your thoughts man, I'll take em on board. If I have more feedback on top of what I gave from my Beta experience I'll be sure to discuss that in the relevant channel... I get what you're saying but it's not news or constructive man. If people want to vent about a lack of comms then let them. Stop reading the thread if all you're going to do is be abrasive.

Edited by Dendal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fortune said:

I’m sorry but the correct answer is “ I work for pearl abyss” 

Lol. Ignorance is bliss. Be happy my friend.  This interaction between us has come to a close. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not p2w though you can earn it in game with time,  unless you want to pvp there is no endgame there is no level cap and they add new content for free at an excellent rate,  you can pay for instant gratification if you choose to,  I will be buying adventure pack for permanent horse flute,  pet,  horse,  16 slot bag expansion,  weight,  character slot,  and a few other things I forgot.  Then if I want I can buy pets but I prefer to manually loot it's a fun game I'm not going to rush lol. Definitely not interested in pvp 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Lucky5hot7 said:

 

Thinking of positive feedback what do you think the game needs from the beta to full release, as in what could be improved or what was missing?

Customizable controls is a big one, along with the brightness issues. Although I never crashed during the beta outside of the kzarka event, server stability was an issue for some people as well. 

49 minutes ago, Dendal said:

Oh sorry I thought we were in the general discussion forum.. Wait, we are! Cool. Thanks for your thoughts man, I'll take em on board. If I have more feedback on top of what I gave from my Beta experience I'll be sure to discuss that in the relevant channel... I get what you're saying but it's not news or constructive man. If people want to vent about a lack of comms then let them. Stop reading the thread if all you're going to do is be abrasive.

Since people are allowed to vent about their issues I should also be able to vent about how I know they're wrong, right?

8 minutes ago, Harming said:

Lol. Ignorance is bliss. Be happy my friend.  This interaction between us has come to a close. 

I'm sorry, did you want a more constructive response? Okay. Just because you may work in a tech industry does not mean you are in expert on every tech industry. That would be a like a F1 driving hopping on a bike and try to race in MotoGP. You may fool these other kids with your silly acronyms but i'm not impressed. You do not work in the gaming industry, you know nothing about the gaming industry other than what you read on the internet. Stop trying to play the part that you don't have the intelligence or depth to comprehend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Fortune said:

Customizable controls is a big one, along with the brightness issues. Although I never crashed during the beta outside of the kzarka event, server stability was an issue for some people as well. 

Since people are allowed to vent about their issues I should also be able to vent about how I know they're wrong, right?

I'm sorry, did you want a more constructive response? Okay. Just because you may work in a tech industry does not mean you are in expert on every tech industry. That would be a like a F1 driving hopping on a bike and try to race in MotoGP. You may fool these other kids with your silly acronyms but i'm not impressed. You do not work in the gaming industry, you know nothing about the gaming industry other than what you read on the internet. Stop trying to play the part that you don't have the intelligence or depth to comprehend. 

Game devs are roughly the equivalent to navy doctors. It's either a passion or they were the last to make it through med school 🤔  it's a severely underpaid position that those who can avoid, do avoid. Back end work though translates well across all disciplines. If you a star athlete your going to outperform most people, even in sports other than your own.  A quote comes to mind here that I strive to live by (but fail on occasion). 

never-argue-with-stupid-people-mark-twain.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×