Sign in to follow this  
Tsexton

Release date

29 minutes ago, DannyDN305 said:

I bought the xbox1x for this game thinking after an open beta the release would be soon after. I mean, don't get me wrong; I like the system but I already own a PS4 so technically I didnt really need another one except for BDOx since I don't use my PC much these days. I played BDO on my PC for a while and really enjoyed it but consoles have been more convenient for me lately. I could have invested this money on other things for the rest of the year. It seems I may  be stuck with a heavy paper weight if the release is set for a few months from now. I wish some communication had been made early on.

Definitely share the sentiment with this one.

1 hour ago, xCROv said:

Definitely share the sentiment with this one.

Same here, I've also already got a PS4, purely bought an Xbox One X for BDX once beta was confirmed, thinking the full release would follow soon after. When you fork out over 600 bucks for a new console, but it's just sitting there staring at you collecting dust it's a bit like well... Feels bad.

2 hours ago, Fortune said:

No one is asking you to sit around and wait for the game, go do something else. When you make a game this good you can release it when you want, until then let PA do their jobs.

I'm sure most people, myself included, have lives and full time jobs. This a bit of a lackluster generalist statement. I think the consistent vibe on here is more so around transparency and communication to people who are investing time and money into their product. I don't believe an arrogant approach like "We can do what we want, when we want - 'cause everyone will love this game and spend money on it anyway" is a great business approach. Not to mention any nEAmes, but if you damage your brand reputation, you will lose money, no matter what industry. 

Edited by Dendal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't worry! Once they get their pearl shop working right they will release. 😜😲😞

• Haha 2

Devs want to make sure release is as perfect as possible because games have been getting harshly critiqued lately for being unfinished/buggy and people bandwagon complain which leads to poor reviews and mass refund requests. Bless Online is prime example of this even though the criticism was definitely warranted, it was not as bad as presented.

I'd love for them to release the game in it's current state but if it isn't flawless, it' definitely going to be bandwagoned with bad reviews similar to what happen to Fallout76. First impression is everything.

As far as communication, I do agree, they should give people an ETA by the 2nd week of December since that's when most people begin planning vacation time.

Edited by LebronJames

I'm already not liking some of the Xbox community, they don't want a product that's running great featuring all the changes implemented from Beta feedback... No they want it now so they can grind it and in all honesty likely bitch about it relentlessly NOW. 

I'm done with shitty launches, having played the Beta I truly felt the Devs are making the right calls and it's proving worth the wait. I can wait till at least Jan no problem, I got work to do and a family to entertain over the festivities. Meanwhile Simon has literally been telling us exactly what they're working on and have already done since beta finished yet still people are being prissy? Ok...

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Skode said:

I'm already not liking some of the Xbox community, they don't want a product that's running great featuring all the changes implemented from Beta feedback... No they want it now so they can grind it and in all honesty likely bitch about it relentlessly NOW. 

I'm done with shitty launches, having played the Beta I truly felt the Devs are making the right calls and it's proving worth the wait. I can wait till at least Jan no problem, I got work to do and a family to entertain over the festivities. Meanwhile Simon has literally been telling us exactly what they're working on and have already done since beta finished yet still people are being prissy? Ok...

People want a time frame, to know if were getting pushed back past the holiday season. Hell id settle for a hello.

Were getting pissy about the silence.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Skode said:

We have waited over a year. 4 different project release times have been missed. And we still here but you right we are impatient.

On another note, if they were to come out and say it’s releasing in Jan everyone would be done complaining.

12 hours ago, Luna Mariposa said:

Honestly, the wait has killed my burning energy and fascination with the game.

For the sake of my sanity, I have moved on to other things like college coursework, my job, family, and games I scored on Black Friday. When they announce the release or a timetable, I will initiate the interest again but I am not privy to care for a developer that cannot afford a few minutes to update us on the game's development.

I have literally witnessed the community spiral into a chaotic squabble over the last few weeks because folks do not have their coveted game to grind in.

It's disheartening to say the least.

Most people don' use the forumn,  that i know.  I have waited for games longer than 2 yrs, they have been delayed for years with little to no communication butI not give up on  a company or a game for that...elder scrolls 6, dragon age 4, finnal fantasy 15,  ect. Its nothing new for delays, but in all fairness Simon put out an update video, promising more to come. He waa on here last week i know cause we were all talking with him in discord. They are very busy woriking towards release. Most people i know do not use  this foromn or rarely come in,most new threads are repetitously asking something that should be obvious. If you can find the forumn then you passed through the website, if there had been a release date it would be up there, on twitter, youtube etc.Thats why people come in heree and get annoyed with the poster, like don't they read,ot research. Or last week some came in here posting about other stuff and were flaming each other over nothing to do with release date  but who is right nonsense, that is normal forumn squabbling. i gave been in forums since the internet started,nothing new for a forum,.squabbling goes hand in hand with forumn communication. That is why not many posts are here people are bonding up in discord, joking, playing games but fighting i dont see there. I bought games during black friday to, I like youtube, and twitter but I made the best friends on discord from this community, i know others are to. Whats going on here is not a reflection of the community, when we get release date this forumn be busy again.  hugs and happy holidays to everyone. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skode said:

You obviously haven't gone and read the rest of the threads here. Almost no one is saying they want the game now. On top of that please stick to the rules of the forum. We dont need excuses for posts like these discussing the release to be locked yet again.

Edited by xCROv

24 minutes ago, xCROv said:

You obviously haven't gone and read the rest of the threads here. Almost no one is saying they want the game now. On top of that please stick to the rules of the forum. We dont need excuses for posts like these discussing the release to be locked yet again.

I'm saying it, I want the game now. 😂

If someone wants to wait til it's perfect, they don't have to buy it.

7 hours ago, Skode said:

'm already not liking some of the Xbox community, they don't want a product that's running great featuring all the changes implemented from Beta feedback

Are you actually reading what a good number of us are saying? The main question being asked is will it releases this year. And i don't know if you know but its December 3rd, 2018.

Edit: Also, to say its a problem with the attitude of a console community is ignorant.

Edited by Azuki
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Skode said:

Then stay on pc 🤡🤡

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Dendal said:

Same here, I've also already got a PS4, purely bought an Xbox One X for BDX once beta was confirmed, thinking the full release would follow soon after. When you fork out over 600 bucks for a new console, but it's just sitting there staring at you collecting dust it's a bit like well... Feels bad.

I'm sure most people, myself included, have lives and full time jobs. This a bit of a lackluster generalist statement. I think the consistent vibe on here is more so around transparency and communication to people who are investing time and money into their product. I don't believe an arrogant approach like "We can do what we want, when we want - 'cause everyone will love this game and spend money on it anyway" is a great business approach. Not to mention any nEAmes, but if you damage your brand reputation, you will lose money, no matter what industry. 

No one told you to buy a new Xbox. No one told you that the full release was going to be right after the beta. You know what happens when you assume right?

8 hours ago, Skode said:

This guy gets it

7 hours ago, Harming said:

People want a time frame, to know if were getting pushed back past the holiday season. Hell id settle for a hello.

Were getting pissy about the silence.

They literally posted a video with updates less than a week ago....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fortune said:

They literally posted a video with updates less than a week ago....

Cool bro.  Go to that video and link me the part where they said they'll be out before Christmas? Cant find it  damn? Ok how about the part where they said itll be in q1 2019? **** cant find that either?  Ok how about the part where they say they care about us but decided to cancel the launch of bdx because of lack of resources.  Not there. Phew... would have been better than giving us nothing though.

I can tell you all about a theoretical flying elephant I've been genetically splicing,  how awesome its gonna be, its features, what I'm working on..  are you ever gonna get this mythical creature?  Maybe 🙄

Dumbo-New.jpg.c77b1f141b76ad050f824249cf2e40f2.jpg

Edited by Harming
  • Like 2

Let's not let the exact same users derail the thread and get it locked again. Everyone just wants a confirmation on this month. 

Edited by xCROv
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, xCROv said:

Let's not let the exact same users derail the thread and get it locked again. Everyone just wants a confirmation on this month. 

LQqaDh2.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, xCROv said:

rocky.gif

rocky2.gif

• Like 1

I don't understand why people are compelled to worry about things that are out of one's control.  If it is frustrating you to the point where you get emotionally distressed, you may have a deeper issue than just the release date or lack there of.  Is this going to be a big issue in 5 years?  To me, the answer is no.  Only when the answer is yes, do I feel becoming emotionally distressed is warranted.  Will I have not have a job in 5 years? Will I not have a place to live 5 years? Will I not have my health in 5 years?  Those are the things that should warrant frustration/worry.  Not is BDO going to be released by the end of the month or next month.  Find something to play until it comes out, maybe walk away from gaming all together until then so coming back will be more fun and exciting.

Life is about balance and understanding what is truly important.  In my opinion, the release date of a video game most will not be playing 10 years from now is never going to fall into that category.

TLDR: Don't let things out of you control emotionally rattle you.  If you are on this forum, chances are life is pretty good relatively speaking.  Be grateful for that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OutLiar said:

I don't understand why people are compelled to worry about things that are out of one's control.  If it is frustrating you to the point where you get emotionally distressed, you may have a deeper issue than just the release date or lack there of.  Is this going to be a big issue in 5 years?  To me, the answer is no.  Only when the answer is yes, do I feel becoming emotionally distressed is warranted.  Will I have not have a job in 5 years? Will I not have a place to live 5 years? Will I not have my health in 5 years?  Those are the things that should warrant frustration/worry.  Not is BDO going to be released by the end of the month or next month.  Find something to play until it comes out, maybe walk away from gaming all together until then so coming back will be more fun and exciting.

Life is about balance and understanding what is truly important.  In my opinion, the release date of a video game most will not be playing 10 years from now is never going to fall into that category.

TLDR: Don't let things out of you control emotionally rattle you.  If you are on this forum, chances are life is pretty good relatively speaking.  Be grateful for that. 

Again, I really think people need to not let the discussion turn into talking about other people or users here on the forums. If you don't share the same sentiment for wanting to get updated information then that's perfectly fine but opening the discussion to say that people that want the game now are "emotionally distressed" or are "entitled kids" is going to get this thread locked, just like the last one. If you dont share the same views just don't bump the thread and it will go away. :)

On the main topic though. We are quickly getting to the dates @Dova had suggested and it's really the last foreseeable opportunity to announce launch plans. When does that event start again Dova?

5 hours ago, Azuki said:

Are you actually reading what a good number of us are saying? The main question being asked is will it releases this year. And i don't know if you know but its December 3rd, 2018.

Edit: Also, to say its a problem with the attitude of a console community is ignorant.

agreed

4 hours ago, Harming said:

Cool bro.  Go to that video and link me the part where they said they'll be out before Christmas? Cant find it  damn? Ok how about the part where they said itll be in q1 2019? **** cant find that either?  Ok how about the part where they say they care about us but decided to cancel the launch of bdx because of lack of resources.  Not there. Phew... would have been better than giving us nothing though.

I can tell you all about a theoretical flying elephant I've been genetically splicing,  how awesome its gonna be, its features, what I'm working on..  are you ever gonna get this mythical creature?  Maybe 🙄

Dumbo-New.jpg.c77b1f141b76ad050f824249cf2e40f2.jpg

Well you’re complaining that they aren’t communicating with us, yet they are just not in the way YOU think they should. The video they posted last week was a great insight into how they are working to fix bugs that were discovered in order to make this a successful launch. Not a fallout 76 launch. Not a bless launch. Not a no mans sky launch. Not an (insert failed 2017/2018 game) launch. It’s clear that they will not release this game without knowing that they have a quality product and I’m behind that. Demanding release date answers isn’t going to get you anywhere. Simon won’t tell you until he’s allowed to so stop asking. It’s not your company. If you know how to develop and publish a game better than they do then go make your own. Otherwise just sit back, crack a beer(or two) and wait like the rest of us.

Edited by Fortune
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Fortune said:

Well you’re complianing that they aren’t communicating with us, yet they are just not in the way YOU think they should. They video they posted last week was a great insight into how they are working to fix bugs that were discovered in order to make this a successful launch. Not a fallout 76 launch. Not a bless launch. Not a no mans sky launch. Not an (insert failed 2017/2018 game) launch. It’s clear that they will not release this game without knowing that they have a quality product and I’m behind that. Demanding release date answers isn’t going to get you anywhere. Simon won’t tell you until he’s allowed to so stop asking. It’s not your company. If you know how to develop and publish a game better than they do then go make your own. Otherwise just sit back crack a beer(or two) and wait like the rest of us.

No one here asking for a date but another time frame that we can plan our holidays around, ya know... like the last 4 that have come and gone. If its not coming this month, loving tell us. Not difficult.   And the games already made, were getting small tweaks here and there but BDO has been out for years and has miles of content lined up already.  It's not like they're going into a new land without a map. The games successfull as is, and gets killed by p2w greed. All they have to do to be successfull at this point is literally launch the game, and not be greedy (with arts mems and valks crys or an unrestricted pearl shop to market place selling scheme). Bdo can launch in any state and add in content gradually since there is no restriction.  You can level endlessly and build funds endlessly waiting for more content to come.  Prepping for things as they get added.   They could launch the game exactly the same as the beta and it wouldn't hurt the game overall at all.