Sign in to follow this  
Klue

Is it possible?

We first saw BDX at E3 on roughly June 11th. The projected release time was early 2018. As most regions launch with three start regions (ex. Calpheon) this means the devs thought they could be done (with three starter regions) by, at the latest, March. This gave them roughly 9 months to complete the 3 starter regions. Assuming they had nothing done prior to launch video. After they decided that couldn’t be done they delayed again to mid 2018, missed that deadline, then delayed again to beta late fall 2018. The most sited reason for delay was improving UI. Which means from roughly March 2018 til now they have been working on UI. I call bull that a company that size takes that long on UI. All this leads to the theory of is this games siege mechanic possible on the Xbox? The problems of siege lag could be not only delaying this game but making it impossible to create. Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Klue said:

We first saw BDX at E3 on roughly June 11th. The projected release time was early 2018. As most regions launch with three start regions (ex. Calpheon) this means the devs thought they could be done (with three starter regions) by, at the latest, March. This gave them roughly 9 months to complete the 3 starter regions. Assuming they had nothing done prior to launch video. After they decided that couldn’t be done they delayed again to mid 2018, missed that deadline, then delayed again to beta late fall 2018. The most sited reason for delay was improving UI. Which means from roughly March 2018 til now they have been working on UI. I call bull that a company that size takes that long on UI. All this leads to the theory of is this games siege mechanic possible on the Xbox? The problems of siege lag could be not only delaying this game but making it impossible to create. Thoughts?

Some T3 node wars and siege are a lag fest on top end gaming rigs.

I think the only way they could possibly handle this on the xbox would be to limit the # of players allowed to render on the screen, drastically scale back the field of view, and turn off all character skill animations.

It is possible but youll be being bombed and killed by players off screen that you cant see by skills that you also cant see.

Give and take I guess.

• Like 1

It's possible but siege isn't released at launch if I'm not mistaken so therefore launching the game and working on siege while we are capped can be done and there would be no reason to delay for that. 

Now as for my theory which I have been saying since day one. I think it's getting pushed back because they want the PC version and Xbox version on the exact same page. They are making alot of changes to the PC version some which idk of you have seen but made the PC version look like our Xbox version. I think the Xbox version is ahead of PC and they need to catch PC up to us before they release. One example is they just announced on PC that they are getting rid of the renown score. If you recall in the beta for Xbox we did not have renown score. Coincidence? Idk 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Harming said:

Some T3 node wars and siege are a lag fest on top end gaming rigs.

I think the only way they could possibly handle this on the xbox would be to limit the # of players allowed to render on the screen, drastically scale back the field of view, and turn off all character skill animations.

It is possible but youll be being bombed and killed by players off screen that you cant see by skills that you also cant see.

Give and take I guess.

If you notice on the PC version they are starting to put player caps on wars which could help this

3 minutes ago, Tsexton said:

It's possible but siege isn't released at launch if I'm not mistaken so therefore launching the game and working on siege while we are capped can be done and there would be no reason to delay for that. 

Now as for my theory which I have been saying since day one. I think it's getting pushed back because they want the PC version and Xbox version on the exact same page. They are making alot of changes to the PC version some which idk of you have seen but made the PC version look like our Xbox version. I think the Xbox version is ahead of PC and they need to catch PC up to us before they release. One example is they just announced on PC that they are getting rid of the renown score. If you recall in the beta for Xbox we did not have renown score. Coincidence? Idk 

This is very interesting as the caps on players in wars is on the PC and renown was not on Xbox which is very interesting, also they could use 1v1 siege mechanics like what EU had

However taking a year and a half to catch up to PC seems a little long

1 minute ago, Tsexton said:

Well most likely get the QOl and features of the live PC version but with gated content and class releases. This is how it was handled in SEA / MENA/ and in the NA/EU launch from KR.

Essentially well have the updated skills and balance changes for classes, some "freebie catch up gear" and minor QOL changes such as processing not spending energy.

To give us all of the content at once though would make 90% of the game obsolete to players who know what theyre doing. Well probably get ser /bal / calph at launch and the expansions in the same order.

Base > Medi 1 - 2 / pirate island /val 1 - 2 / kama 1 -2 / drieg

They also time gate classes for marketing purposes. Re-rolls to other classes means players buying costumes , weight, and inv slots again every time.

Theyll typically release a new class every few months in an overpowered state to try to get as many people to roll over to that class for awhile.

They even run in-game events giving out "free" stuff for leveling the new classes up and doing challenges on them (its a trap though to get you to re-roll).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tsexton said:

Renown was actually removed today in the global test server so that should be coming soon. Also the option to extract caphras in tri-pen gear

4 minutes ago, Harming said:

Well most likely get the QOl and features of the live PC version but with gated content and class releases. This is how it was handled in SEA / MENA/ and in the NA/EU launch from KR.

Essentially well have the updated skills and balance changes for classes, some "freebie catch up gear" and minor QOL changes such as processing not spending energy.

To give us all of the content at once though would make 90% of the game obsolete to players who know what theyre doing. Well probably get ser /bal / calph at launch and the expansions in the same order.

Base > Medi 1 - 2 / pirate island /val 1 - 2 / kama 1 -2 / drieg

They also time gate classes for marketing purposes. Re-rolls to other classes means players buying costumes , weight, and inv slots again every time.

Theyll typically release a new class every few months in an overpowered state to try to get as many people to roll over to that class for awhile.

They even run in-game events giving out "free" stuff for leveling the new classes up and doing challenges on them (its a trap though to get you to re-roll).

Yea no no no I was saying they are catching PC up to Xbox in the current balance of classes and **** like that. I didn't mean that we would release with all the areas and ****. I was just talking about things like UI class balance and renown score. 

7 minutes ago, Klue said:

If you notice on the PC version they are starting to put player caps on wars which could help this

This is very interesting as the caps on players in wars is on the PC and renown was not on Xbox which is very interesting, also they could use 1v1 siege mechanics like what EU had

However taking a year and a half to catch up to PC seems a little long

I would agree 

• Thanks 1

The only way for them to handle that kind of lag is to off-load the computing power to multiple cloud servers and that would be costly.

They have been very thorough and stated PC is separated from Xbox. I believe that it will be delayed because over the past 10 years the gaming industry has slowly over the years been going from saying a game would be out by such and such date and having it on time,  to today's industry where they say yeah we will have it by this date and not delivering on said date. Given the track record of PA it will not come out this year but expect another beta mid summer lol. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deathz Angel said:

They have been very thorough and stated PC is separated from Xbox. I believe that it will be delayed because over the past 10 years the gaming industry has slowly over the years been going from saying a game would be out by such and such date and having it on time,  to today's industry where they say yeah we will have it by this date and not delivering on said date. Given the track record of PA it will not come out this year but expect another beta mid summer lol. 

Dont want to agree but I do agree ... with the pace they'r making things, I dont see them releasing any time soon and if they dont do it soon they will loose a huge amount of players just because they'r taking there sweet time ... I get it they want a good product but in the end their going to loose out rather than gain with how things progress as many good games are coming out and that's a fact. They have to make decision and that has to be done soon or it will be Game Over just cuz. of the competition their facing in 2019

I had this talk today with some of our members in discord regarding the release ... and their right they should release the game and any changes to it as patches ... like I said I do get it they want there product to be tip top but m8 your fluffen dragging this out way to long and that ain't going to end well if they continue to do so.

Tho this is shifting from the main topic tho =w=

Edited by Astolti
  • Like 1

That had said earlier that we shouldn't expect any more beta's past the first one. What they need to do is just release information at this point. Keeping everyone in the dark is just going to have people leaving the game. They missed a huge window here with the publicity they got from the beta announcement.

• Like 2

I mean its not that hard ... just launch the game as it is now and a Test server just for the Dev's to test any upgrades to the game idk ... might be it is hard 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deathz Angel said:

I can agree and disagree with you.I can see the game not coming out this year but next summer? I don’t think so.Full release will be January to February next year.I am still keeping my fingers crossed for release this year,Simon has stated multiple times that a 2018 release was still on the table and we haven’t heard different.Let the game get finished and polished.Nothing good comes from rushing a game to release and expecting the players to deal with its problems.*Looks at Bethesda* People,just needs to chill,play other games and enjoy the holidays 

Edited by Foreverrgamer87

6 minutes ago, Foreverrgamer87 said:

People, just needs to chill, play other games and enjoy the holidays 

Well we have been chilling for a eternity now or so it seems to me ... and as many stated once they tried Beta they got hooked up and other MMO's their how to say it, old ... its not the same, thus limiting the choice further in any other games unless you have a thing for racers or fps or what ever else there is ... and holidays they ain't here tho soon .

Edited by Astolti

55 minutes ago, Foreverrgamer87 said:

I can agree and disagree with you.I can see the game not coming out this year but next summer? I don’t think so.Full release will be January to February next year.I am still keeping my fingers crossed for release this year,Simon has stated multiple times that a 2018 release was still on the table and we haven’t heard different.Let the game get finished and polished.Nothing good comes from rushing a game to release and expecting the players to deal with its problems.*Looks at Bethesda* People,just needs to chill,play other games and enjoy the holidays 

The issue is that those are the same words from 2 months ago, and from 2 months before that, and from 2 months before that, and from...2 yrs ago.

Time to draw a line in the sand. 💪

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tsexton said:

Of course renown was not in the beta, cause it's vanilla bdx (cept for the for new story line location, also on PC) also, why would they put renown in the beta  when they already decided to take it out the game. Not sure what made you think the Xbox version is ahead of the PC version. But I can assure you it is not, nor is it on the same page as the PC version. As far as content goes, pc is ahead by a long shot. We don't even have awakaning and there's 17 classes in all, we only have six. We will also not start off with all the zones. I didn't even see Savage rift in beta... Also our classes are balanced differently then the PC ATM. We are missing skills on the skill tree as well, not referring to awakaning but rebalances and newly added skills. 

Edited by Uryu
  • Like 1

Lol I am thinking about going to best buy before the 20th of this month and purchase a PC,  so I can play black desert online while I am off work until after the first cause they have a 15 days return policy if you don't like it lol. Either way I am playing black desert while I am off. 

3 minutes ago, Uryu said:

Of course renown was not in the beta, cause it's vanilla bdx (cept for the for new story line location, also on PC) also, why would they put it in the beta  when they already decided to take it out the game. Not sure what made you think the Xbox version is ahead of the PC version. But I can assure you it not nor is it on the same page as the PC version. As far as content goes it ahead by a long shot. We don't even have awakaning and there's 17 classes in all, we only have six. We will also not start off with all the zones. I didn't even see Savage rift in beta... Also ower class are balanced different then the PC ATM.

Actually it's not vanilla various items in the beta are only on the current build of BDO they just locked other content and all the classes were the same as PC.

3 minutes ago, Uryu said:

Of course renown was not in the beta, cause it's vanilla bdx (cept for the for new story line location, also on PC) also, why would they put it in the beta  when they already decided to take it out the game. Not sure what made you think the Xbox version is ahead of the PC version. But I can assure you it not nor is it on the same page as the PC version. As far as content goes it ahead by a long shot. We don't even have awakaning and there's 17 classes in all, we only have six. We will also not start off with all the zones. I didn't even see Savage rift in beta... Also ower class are balanced different then the PC ATM.

Agree ... X is X and nothing like PC so its not worth comparing them at the moment until their both on the same page even than they will be tow different worlds ... 

7 minutes ago, Deathz Angel said:

Lol I am thinking about going to best buy before the 20th of this month and purchase a PC,  so I can play black desert online while I am off work until after the first cause they have a 15 days return policy if you don't like it lol. Either way I am playing black desert while I am off. 

Weeel ....  ain't going to stop you there so as was good knowing you ... week these peasants are, their surly week. 

Edited by Astolti

13 minutes ago, Beond said:

Actually it's not vanilla various items in the beta are only on the current build of BDO they just locked other content and all the classes were the same as PC.

Of course they did, the point is we WILL NOT GET THEM at launch lol. I know they copied and pasted the game at a certain point, so of course there is content locked. There's content on bdo right now, on the game yet to be released. I'm sure ranger is on bdx right now and we may see that class at launch fingers crossed(surprise class maybe) how did income.this conclusion, well it's a globle release and I'm  not.sure some.countries have unlocked all the classes yet not sure though so don't qote me on that(releases dec.12) also current build of the game was not the same as PC I Test it lol.it may not have been vinilla BDO but it most certainly was not current.

Edited by Uryu

15 minutes ago, Uryu said:

Of course renown was not in the beta, cause it's vanilla bdx (cept for the for new story line location, also on PC) also, why would they put renown in the beta  when they already decided to take it out the game. Not sure what made you think the Xbox version is ahead of the PC version. But I can assure you it is not, nor is it on the same page as the PC version. As far as content goes, pc is ahead by a long shot. We don't even have awakaning and there's 17 classes in all, we only have six. We will also not start off with all the zones. I didn't even see Savage rift in beta... Also our classes are balanced differently then the PC ATM. We are missing skills on the skill tree as well, not referring to awakaning but rebalances and newly added skills. 

they didn't announce the removal of renown until like 2 weeks after beta ended? and you guys obviously didn't not listen to the devs when they said they want the xbox version to be as similar to pc version as possible. Also as I stated before but ou obviously didn't read I was not talking about ahead of pc on content ( areas, characters, node wars, rifts stec) I said ahead of pc patch wise. As in class balance ui which idk if you have noticed but pc ui looks like the xbox ui and the xbox ui was shown 6 months before pc changed it to that. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Uryu said:

I can 100% assure you that you are 100% wrong. I'm curious what would make you think that we are playing "vanilla BDX", what ever that is. I keep seeing people say that at every term and while I would rather keep the information to myself it's silly seeing bad information constantly spread throughout this community.

You're talking about things you didn't see in the beta as justification that we were playing on "vanilla BDX" when they were purposefully gating content in the beta. We didn't even have a pearl shop, doesn't mean they are launching without a pearl shop. One key point in this was that PRI and DUO drops were recently added withing the last 6-8 months on the PC version. I'm more inclined to believe @Tsexton in that we are playing on an advanced server version and that we are waiting on the PC version to catch up. We also didn't have the marketplace and that was just announced as changing on the PC version.

Other class weapons were dropping also during beta. There is a major difference between content gating and content that is on the server. The only reason they wont roll this server out at the same content as PC is because new players will be screwed. Players that know how to exploit the market and take advantage of things will be uncatchable...

Another reason we are probably delayed right now is because boss spawns was a crap show. There was crashing and a render distance of about 5 feet for players when there was a large group. Players could spam skills and drastically reduce the vision range others see. Regardless though there is no such thing as "vanilla BDX" and if there is; I would love to see someone define what it is.

They didn't redevelop the server back end for this game. They simply made a new client to run on the Xbox. The GMs still connect to it using the current PC clients. Yes there will be content gates but the core mechanics of the game are going to be at the same level as PC. People really need to view the content of the game in three different categories, Content, Patch/Balance/Minor Features, Bug/Exploit. We will have all patch/balance/minor features and bug/exploit. We will also have content patches in the game but they will be gated so that players have time to catch the people who know what they are doing. If players are allowed to run off and leave new players, well, then we would be playing on NA.

Edited by xCROv
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tsexton said:

they didn't announce the removal of renown until like 2 weeks after beta ended? and you guys obviously didn't not listen to the devs when they said they want the xbox version to be as similar to pc version as possible. Also as I stated before but ou obviously didn't read I was not talking about ahead of pc on content ( areas, characters, node wars, rifts stec) I said ahead of pc patch wise. As in class balance ui which idk if you have noticed but pc ui looks like the xbox ui and the xbox ui was shown 6 months before pc changed it to that. 

Keyword "announce" dude, they had it plain before it was ANNOUNCED they did not just wake up, announcment day and say, hey no renown system... It was plained ahead of time. As far as content goes, it will be the same as PC, I know that. Also please please please please pleeeeease explain to me how Xbox class changes are ahead of BDO? Btw PC BDO, has had the new UI for a couple MONTHS now. I know the healthbar and bluh bluh bluh was shown to show off the Xbox release version, but not only did they get the health bar, they also got a new menu that is far better then having to put your menu buttons on a hotbar, my opinion. You ever think that they may of made the UI for both console and PC. As far as the changes go I'm so so so confused why you think that, The Xbox version Is ahead of the PC version. If that was the case why do they keep releasing CLASS CHANGES dor The PC version, why not copy and paste the Xbox version to the pc...