Sign in to follow this  
Azuki

Safe Mode?

Safe mode Vs Regular  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a safe mode like how they have in GTA online (Gta V)

• Yes
    • No

So I was thinking. Would it be beneficial for the devs to add a safe-mode like the one they have in Gta Online. For those that have never played, if your tired of getting killed by other players or do not feel like dealing with players you can turn on passive. In it you cannot kill anything with your weapons, but you cannot be killed by players.  And I believe passive can only last for 10 to 15 minutes.

Also its been said before but the constant pvp will thin the populations.

Allso please put a reason for more clarity if you want to.

Edited by Azuki

This game will crash and burn. Noone will play. Everyone on pc will leave and PA wont even have the money for console. People that have the nerve to even mention safe mode shouldnt touch bdo. Quit now while ahead

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MakeumRage said:

This game will crash and burn. Noone will play. Everyone on pc will leave and PA wont even have the money for console. People that have the nerve to even mention safe mode shouldnt touch bdo. Quit now while ahead

I say yes, just to p***off pc players...:ph34r:

The thought that Xbox needs pc players(or their attitude) in any way, shape or form is misguided.

Edited by Jammer480
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jammer480 said:

I say yes, just to p***off pc players...:ph34r:

The thought that Xbox needs pc players(or their attitude) in any way, shape or form is misguided.

I dont see PA pushing any update that will be for console only.. so if they push it it will be worldwide.. doing so would kill the game and youll never see a console version. But we all know itll NEVER happen. Its really just a MEME for people to laugh at.

There's an option on the PC version where guilds can "protect" a specific members where that one cannot get flagged on or get pvped overall, I think, if I remember correctly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

I dont see PA pushing any update that will be for console only.. so if they push it it will be worldwide.. doing so would kill the game and youll never see a console version. But we all know itll NEVER happen. Its really just a MEME for people to laugh at.

I would have to disagree on the update being platform wide. The mobile version gets updates separately and unrelated to the pc version and obviously plays differently. The console player base is very different from the pc player base so PA would be silly to not treat it as such. The only thing that will kill the game on console is pc players coming over and being completely A-holes to people who have never played the game. If that happens, RIP Black Desert and PA.

1 minute ago, Jammer480 said:

I would have to disagree on the update being platform wide. The mobile version gets updates separately and unrelated to the pc version and obviously plays differently. The console player base is very different from the pc player base so PA would be silly to not treat it as such. The only thing that will kill the game on console is pc players coming over and being completely A-holes to people who have never played the game. If that happens, RIP Black Desert and PA.

Each region gets updates at different times, but the content is the same. Thats because PA isnt the publisher in all regions. Also the mobile version has the same content and game as every other version just played different. BEWARE, they are alot of higher guilds that for whatever reasons are coming to console. I myself prefer pc but the wife plays console only so ill be tagging along. Even if they do, the people who really are gunna last in BDO will get use to it and wont go anywhere. I would never count on a SINGLE game fundamental update being different on console then pc. Think eso and expect that. An exact clone but on the console. Like i said, its not an issue where players are hunted down by higher geared players.. ive seen it maybe once. they dont waste there time as its WAY too important in bdo. THE ISSUE, is lower geared players abusing the karma system and being BM and choosing to stay when they cant own a spot or stand up long enough to even fight. This too you dont see too often. For the most part BDO has a great community.. its casual duels, then a goodfight to each other and the loser walks.

12 minutes ago, Betty said:

There's an option on the PC version where guilds can "protect" a specific members where that one cannot get flagged on or get pvped overall, I think, if I remember correctly. 

you can only protect a few people.. we have 100 available slots and can only protect 3. But only 40-50 active members so not sure what actually determines the amount of players able to be protected or if its just set no matter what at 3

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

For the most part BDO has a great community.. its casual duels, then a goodfight to each other and the loser walks.

That's the respect I expect to see 99% of the time and fully expect that griefers will be few and far between, not concerned either way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jammer480 said:

That's the respect I expect to see 99% of the time and fully expect that griefers will be few and far between, not concerned either way. 

I'm griefing everyone especially @MakeumRage gonna put the paws all on you.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MakeumRage said:

Your the only one saying that so far. The question is meant as a community idea for devs to see. Its ok to put "I" but "no one" does not reflect you. Basically let the community choose. Thats why everyone should vote

2 minutes ago, Azuki said:

Your the only one saying that so far. The question is meant as a community idea for devs to see. Its ok to put "I" but "no one" does not reflect you. Basically let the community choose. Thats why everyone should vote

Think it was an attempt at intimidation to discourage yes votes...:D

40 minutes ago, Azuki said:

They already have... for three years. Remember, all versions are tied together and likely will remain that way. Xbox is 1/8th of the community. Guaranteed the console port wont differ fundamentally from any other version. Also, id not that even if everyone on console cried for safe mode PA would just laugh at you and do what they wanted anyways... just ask 70-80% of the game who hate the new changes lol.

1 minute ago, MakeumRage said:

But but.. were gunna be allies! 

Yea I'm still put the paws on you while wete dueling. I'm going perma red on my main early on.So a safe mode is a no for me Big fella.

3 minutes ago, Jaronking said:

Yea I'm still put the paws on you while wete dueling. I'm going perma red on my main early on.So a safe mode is a no for me Big fella.

I feel like xbox wont ever have the respect that pc does.. just too easier for a younger audience to get access to the game.. perma red toons might be necessary. Dont lie @Jaronking you know your gunna be the guy killing everyone at bosses so they dont get boss gear!

11 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

I feel like xbox wont ever have the respect that pc does.. just too easier for a younger audience to get access to the game.. perma red toons might be necessary. Dont lie @Jaronking you know your gunna be the guy killing everyone at bosses so they dont get boss gear!

Of course if I don't get the drop no one can.I Talk to Glenn about it as well he trying go red as well.

Edited by Jaronking

lmao, this is why people are asking for safe spaces! @Jaronking. I loved it coming up tbh man, getting deleted is what made me push harder for gear. theres so many people that will have a rude awakening coming when bdo launches..

8 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

lmao, this is why people are asking for safe spaces! @Jaronking. I loved it coming up tbh man, getting deleted is what made me push harder for gear. theres so many people that will have a rude awakening coming when bdo launches..

Yup not even gonna use a cheese class just straight up packing people. Yea ik why they ask for one but i feel the same way in real life safe spaces make us weak.Push harder get better i did it in ESO it all just take practice and some help from RNJESUS.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jaronking said:

Yup not even gonna use a cheese class just straight up packing people. Yea ik why they ask for one but i feel the same way in real life safe spaces make us weak.Push harder get better i did it in ESO it all just take practice and some help from RNJESUS.

So my question is, if they would make a "safe" server where you can't force pvp, how does that detract from the game for you? Give you less low levels to attack? If someone considers it their duty to attack people who are disadvantaged to "help" them become stronger, that's just twisted and lame af. While I don't care either way, no safe area could possibly be push people away who would most likely spend money in game and keep the overall population up.

Edited by Jammer480

10 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

i feel like perma red toons HAVE to be cheese classes man.

Nah fast work just as well as cheese and non cheese get you more respect. 

46 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

So my question is, if they would make a "safe" server where you can't force pvp, how does that detract from the game for you? Give you less low levels to attack? If someone considers it their duty to attack people who are disadvantaged to "help" them become stronger, that's just twisted and lame af. While I don't care either way, no safe area could possibly be push people away who would most likely spend money in game and keep the overall population up.

lol im pretty sure jaron is just kidding and memeing the topic all together. noone want to go around killing lower level players, theres no fun in that. but many people will have red toons to keep lower level players in their place and deal with karma bomberes. time is sooo valuable in bdo. and grinding HAS to be done solo in order to make gains. If someone is there and refuses to leave or duel for spot its annoying. the point is, jaron doesnt play pc. but like any logical player, hes done his research and understands this is a pvp game. he likes that and will embrace it. for others who dont know and are just finding out, they should decided to get on board and spend the time they need to to compete, understand they will just have to server hop, or and heres the big one.. UNDERSTAND THIS ISNT THE GAME FOR THEM INSTEAD OF TRYING TO CHANGE THE GAME TO FIT THEIR NEEDS. It starts with a "safe space" then it goes to more and more and more until they go like eso and water the game down so much to fit players that cant keep up youve wasted two years of time and money into it to have something thats not even worth playing. Thats just not bdo. Its not a friendly game. Its not forgiving. Its fast paced in your face combat that can be rewarding or punishing depending on the time you put into it. Thats why most players chose to play this game. To know their time means something and gives them the advantage over others. ALSO, many players like myself choose BDO over others for the open world PVP. If people had an option to hide and just focus on making money they would. Then itd just be me and the mobs and thats boring. After a safe space theyll want a safe node wars, it just wont end. Why should you reward people or cater to people that dont want to spend time progressing or learning they classes?

Point is, know what the game is and has been about for the past 3-4 years. Accept that. Dont come into a game BEFORE ITS EVEN LAUNCHED and start talking or asking for it to change to fit your playstyle. If it doesnt sound good to you dont buy it.. trust there will be plenty more that do and the game wont hurt from losing sales to those that think its too much for them. It will be one of the only two console mmos worthwhile. Eso will have the better pve and bdo the pvp. If you want casual pvp stay eso. Its much more suited to your needs. If you wanna work hard on your gear, your levels and your skill, and be rewarded for it and every step of the way progress yourself in a way that makes you better then the next guy choose bdo. 

Edited by MakeumRage
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Jaronking said:

Nah fast work just as well as cheese and non cheese get you more respect. 

aint no body respecting perma reds! you just getting put in bounty hunter all day. but ima wizz main so noone respects me anyways :( probably go zerker or myssTHIC for my red tho. or ranger