Sign in to follow this  
Azuki

Safe Mode?

Safe mode Vs Regular  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a safe mode like how they have in GTA online (Gta V)

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, Azuki said:

I wonder what there gonna do with lifeskilling because xbox games usually disconnect after so long of running without activity ūü§Ē

The server might kick you off, but the xbox doesnt. PVE or solo player games stay on right where you left them if you have "instant on" feature on. In reality your xbox is on 24/7 if you enable this.. so they could just not kick players from the server for being afk like pc. OR they could add something where you choose how many times to process and you come back in a certain time and claim the results kinda like when you research traits in eso.. you click research and come back in so and so time and its done.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Azuki said:

I wonder what there gonna do with lifeskilling because xbox games usually disconnect after so long of running without activity ūü§Ē

I don't think any games currently on xbox require continuous login so it's a guess. I do know people use some form of "botting" in eso where they have new toon in one spot for hours just doing continuous heavy attack so I think as long as your xbox is set to always on and there's some type of activity, it will probably keep on going. Lol

2 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

I don't think any games currently on xbox require continuous login so it's a guess. I do know people use some form of "botting" in eso where they have new toon in one spot for hours just doing continuous heavy attack so I think as long as your xbox is set to always on and there's some type of activity, it will probably keep on going. Lol

Yeah people bot by making a script(code that repeats and executes certain actions) to collect stuff like hide all day then sell it for money. Eso does ban for that though

12 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

The server might kick you off, but the xbox doesnt. PVE or solo player games stay on right where you left them if you have "instant on" feature on. In reality your xbox is on 24/7 if you enable this.. so they could just not kick players from the server for being afk like pc. OR they could add something where you choose how many times to process and you come back in a certain time and claim the results kinda like when you research traits in eso.. you click research and come back in so and so time and its done.

Do you think they should change the system of afk farming than? Because i agree with you on the trait thing on eso, it works.

It shouldn't impact gameplay either

Edited by Azuki

No newbs were harmed in the making of this video lol.. excuse the lazy pvp. they were so undergeared i just stood there. but after i grouped them and powerleveled them lol they were cool about it. Basically i rode up on some randoms farming, hit ALT C and activated the glowing red swords on the lower left of my resource bar you see there. Then once i attack them it allows them to attack me back without activating pvp for themselves and blowing karma. Now you see since there so much lower when they die it puts me negative. This is called going red. Now if anyone rolls by and kills me my crystals break and i lose EXP. The system is fine and noone whose concerned about progression will focus on picking on little guys because of this.

Edited by MakeumRage

4 minutes ago, Azuki said:

Yeah people bot by making a script(code that repeats and executes certain actions) to collect stuff like hide all day then sell it for money. Eso does ban for that though

This is on xbox, I'm quite sure there's no script involved and it's purely for leveling, the character is not moving and does not pick up anything.

2 minutes ago, Azuki said:

Do you think they should change the system of afk farming than? Because i agree with you on the trait thing on eso, it works.

It shouldn't impact gameplay either

They havent said what they will do about lifeskilling. Id assume its changing for console.. to what idk

9 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

This is on xbox, I'm quite sure there's no script involved and it's purely for leveling, the character is not moving and does not pick up anything.

on xbox they use a scripts also though, the use a console tuner to run a program. it farms mats and picks them up for you on 4 min intervals. commonly refered to as chinese bot farmeres lol. in reality its one dude with a couple xboxs cleaning up and sending his main the gold

Edited by MakeumRage
  • Like 1

On ‚Äé5‚Äé/‚Äé18‚Äé/‚Äé2018 at 10:26 AM, MakeumRage said:

They havent said what they will do about lifeskilling. Id assume its changing for console.. to what idk

I really hope they dont change lifeskilling to much I like the system the way it is. If the game is changed too much it would no longer be the same game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terribethia said:

I really hope they dont change lifeskilling to much I like the system the way it is. If the game is changed too much it would no longer be the same game.

Expect changes.

Currently lifeskill is at the best. Especially gathering .if you have enough people pking  you.  Just do lifeskill and use low lvl character.  Changing character is like 123 . Or do amity game for the hunting knowledge 

21 hours ago, Beond said:

Safe mode is called stay under lvl 50, if they ever make it so someone can't kill you I'd quit without a second thought

So i wonder, would they lose more people by adding a safe mode or retain more people by¬†having one¬†ūü§Ē

Edited by Azuki

If they added a safe mode a thousand times over more people wont play / will quit. Mostly everyone who knows about bdo knows its a pvp only game for the most part. Thats what there looking for. 

11 hours ago, Beond said:

100% of the people I know are playing this game for PvP, probably a lot more lost 

But if a chunk of eso players come to bdo bc of it, it might balances the scale. 

Eso player do for pve content like raid and dungeon. Once in a while you can do pvp that doesn't interfere with pve  content.    Those you can do in pvp. On the other hand black desert online is purely based around pvp.  There no much pve  content beside the lifeskill ,guided bosses world bosses .  End game is pvp, literally pvp, guild war grinding contest, region seige and red battlefield . When you watch YouTube you most likely see pvp  content . So putting safe mode for the game. Even eso player will also leave due to lack of pve content and lack of group activities.  .  I can that tell once you bored with bdo  pve content.  You will start to do pvp that start with red battlefield 

ps this is from my own experience from eso  and bdo 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Azuki said:

But if a chunk of eso players come to bdo bc of it, it might balances the scale. 

They wont stay, and they shouldnt. ESO is full of casual no skillers. This wasnt always the case, but it was bound to happen with the bland and simple combat and multiple proc sets allowing anyone with a right trigger to do okay damage... the nail in the coffin was lowering the ceiling and raising the floor with morrowind and thats when the lost the bulk of their pvp population. Alot of the top tier players are already on bdo now and some will be making the move back to xbox. ESOs pvp population will die. The servers have went from 250 players an alliance at launch, down to 75 an alliance currently. Thats why your campaigns still look full, theyve lowered the max players. Now theres ways to cheese this and thats why youll see alot more then that on one alliance but it remains the same. Soft cap for teams is 75 a piece. 

Fact of the matter is, theres no pve in this game. Grinding mobs doesnt count and you usually dont go an hour at any reasonable spot without it turning into PvP anyways. They wont balance anything, as I dont think theyll stay very long. Nor do I think PA cares if they do, its not there target audience. The game doesnt change around players that arent meant for the game. The focus will stay as always, improving the PvP experience. 

On 5/25/2018 at 8:53 AM, CalmSecrecy said:

Eso player do for pve content like raid and dungeon. Once in a while you can do pvp that doesn't interfere with pve  content.    Those you can do in pvp. On the other hand black desert online is purely based around pvp.  There no much pve  content beside the lifeskill ,guided bosses world bosses .  End game is pvp, literally pvp, guild war grinding contest, region seige and red battlefield . When you watch YouTube you most likely see pvp  content . So putting safe mode for the game. Even eso player will also leave due to lack of pve content and lack of group activities.  .  I can that tell once you bored with bdo  pve content.  You will start to do pvp that start with red battlefield 

ps this is from my own experience from eso  and bdo 

This is the best argument ive seen in this thread. Mainly bc it shows an argument of why even if they did add a safe mode pve players wouldnt stay.

And if anyone's wondering im asking questions for the sake of conversation.

Edited by Azuki

On 5/25/2018 at 7:06 PM, MakeumRage said:

The servers have went from 250 players an alliance at launch, down to 75 an alliance currently. Thats why your campaigns still look full, theyve lowered the max players. Now theres ways to cheese this and thats why youll see alot more then that on one alliance but it remains the same. Soft cap for teams is 75 a piece. 

Regarding ESO, that is absolutely and categorically not true... server count is over 200 per faction now. At launch it was 600 per faction and if you look at the game info it still says 600 per faction tho most know that's not correct. I've been in groups of over 100 in a single location within the past 3 months. There is no way to cheese it, stop with the bs. You have literally lost credibility with those comments.

But I do agree about the casual, no skill, anti-pvp community...

My only counter argument is that a lot of the pve community that I knew in ESO left to play Ark, which has some similarities to BDO in regards to the constant open world pvp. Some of the biggest guilds in ESO switched over to Ark and stayed there for a long time so I don't think you can necessarily categorize all pve players in that way. 

Edited by Jammer480

1 hour ago, Jammer480 said:

Regarding ESO, that is absolutely and categorically not true... server count is over 200 per faction now. At launch it was 600 per faction and if you look at the game info it still says 600 per faction tho most know that's not correct. I've been in groups of over 100 in a single location within the past 3 months. There is no way to cheese it, stop with the bs. You have literally lost credibility with those comments.

But I do agree about the casual, no skill, anti-pvp community...

My only counter argument is that a lot of the pve community that I knew in ESO left to play Ark, which has some similarities to BDO in regards to the constant open world pvp. Some of the biggest guilds in ESO switched over to Ark and stayed there for a long time so I don't think you can necessarily categorize all pve players in that way. 

It is not in fact no where near that.. but I guess I should have elaborated that I played on console.  Also, since this isnt an eso forum, Ill tell you how to cheese it. Get a big group of one faction (say AD), get one guy as lead from another faction (say ep) and have him group que. When que pops you will enter under eps server count. EZ. This was a well known tactic to manipulate emps groups.. now there are others. And this was over 6 months ago when I played but id imagine nothings changed. There has ALWAYS been a way to cheese it since launch. Atleast on xbox. Also, Zeni already have stated that due to the way ques work, sometimes one alliance can overlap the other by as much as 10%. Moreover, there just soft caps until the server as a whole reaches its player count. 
some relevant posts,

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/349911/solving-population-imbalance-in-cyrodiil

all i could get you since karanda just came up.. on bdo lol. idk how involved you were with pvp or emperors or guild or politics but it was well known on every platform.

Not all of them no, but most of them yes. Lets be honest, pvp on ark is brutal.. even too much for me. Since you literally can lose everything youve worked for. But that game is so heavy pve dependent... idk too many avid pvpers trying to feed a dang dino for 12 hours lmao. But hey, we feed workers and tend farms every hour in bdo so i get where your coming from. for the most part though it stands true. Deff with vertually no pve to be found in bdo

46 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

It is not in fact no where near that.. but I guess I should have elaborated that I played on console.  Also, since this isnt an eso forum, Ill tell you how to cheese it. Get a big group of one faction (say AD), get one guy as lead from another faction (say ep) and have him group que. When que pops you will enter under eps server count. EZ. This was a well known tactic to manipulate emps groups.. now there are others. And this was over 6 months ago when I played but id imagine nothings changed. There has ALWAYS been a way to cheese it since launch. Atleast on xbox. Also, Zeni already have stated that due to the way ques work, sometimes one alliance can overlap the other by as much as 10%. 

I only play on xbox. I'm part of 3 pvp only guilds, 2 in Vivec and one in Shor. This past March we organized a multiguild event in Vivec and we had over 160 EP(red) players in a single location and there were still other reds not participating at the event. From that event, I believe the hard cap to be at 200 per faction. I've been playing this game before it came to xbox and this is the first time I've heard of a "soft" cap or overlap. While it may or may not be true, 10% overlap is nothing.

I can confirm that "cheese" does not work anymore as it was recently tried, you cannot group queue with different factions. If it ever did, there would be no reason for opposing factions to create "fake" toons to fill the opposing servers with non-combatants.

Edited by Jammer480

1 hour ago, MakeumRage said:

Lets be honest, pvp on ark is brutal.. even too much for me. Since you literally can lose everything youve worked for. But that game is so heavy pve dependent... idk too many avid pvpers trying to feed a dang dino for 12 hours lmao. But hey, we feed workers and tend farms every hour in bdo so i get where your coming from. for the most part though it stands true. Deff with vertually no pve to be found in bdo

I know ark. Played pvp for around 2 years, been alpha like 3 times. Pvp is fun. You literally start with your hands and no clothes lol. But its too much politics and you have to worry about getting raided 24/7. It gets to be an addiction so i stopped.

Edited by Azuki

3 minutes ago, Azuki said:

I know ark. Played pvp for around 2 years, been alpha like 3 times. Pvp is fun. Too much politics and you have to worry about getting raided 24/7. It gets to be an addiction so i stopped.

yeah couldnt imagine working so hard for something and then having nothing. or even worse being put in a cage and forced fed so i had to stay there and couldnt even play the game for days lol. thats crazy.