Sign in to follow this  
Azuki

Safe Mode?

Safe mode Vs Regular  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a safe mode like how they have in GTA online (Gta V)

• Yes
    • No

34 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

lol im pretty sure jaron is just kidding and memeing the topic all together. noone want to go around killing lower level players, theres no fun in that. but many people will have red toons to keep lower level players in their place and deal with karma bomberes. time is sooo valuable in bdo. and grinding HAS to be done solo in order to make gains. If someone is there and refuses to leave or duel for spot its annoying. the point is, jaron doesnt play pc. but like any logical player, hes done his research and understands this is a pvp game. he likes that and will embrace it. for others who dont know and are just finding out, they should decided to get on board and spend the time they need to to compete, understand they will just have to server hop, or and heres the big one.. UNDERSTAND THIS ISNT THE GAME FOR THEM INSTEAD OF TRYING TO CHANGE THE GAME TO FIT THEIR NEEDS. It starts with a "safe space" then it goes to more and more and more until they go like eso and water the game down so much to fit players that cant keep up youve wasted two years of time and money into it to have something thats not even worth playing. Thats just not bdo. Its not a friendly game. Its not forgiving. Its fast paced in your face combat that can be rewarding or punishing depending on the time you put into it. Thats why most players chose to play this game. To know their time means something and gives them the advantage over others. ALSO, many players like myself choose BDO over others for the open world PVP. If people had an option to hide and just focus on making money they would. Then itd just be me and the mobs and thats boring. After a safe space theyll want a safe node wars, it just wont end. Why should you reward people or cater to people that dont want to spend time progressing or learning they classes?

Point is, know what the game is and has been about for the past 3-4 years. Accept that. Dont come into a game BEFORE ITS EVEN LAUNCHED and start talking or asking for it to change to fit your playstyle. If it doesnt sound good to you dont buy it.. trust there will be plenty more that do and the game wont hurt from losing sales to those that think its too much for them. It will be one of the only two console mmos worthwhile. Eso will have the better pve and bdo the pvp. If you want casual pvp stay eso. Its much more suited to your needs. If you wanna work hard on your gear, your levels and your skill, and be rewarded for it and every step of the way progress yourself in a way that makes you better then the next guy choose bdo. 

Hey, stop killing the discussion with really good answers... taking away all my fun, geez.:P

Edited by Jammer480

4 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

Hey, stop killing the discussion with really good answers... taking away all my fun, geez.:P

Lol, I never want to kill someones fun in the game or be so involved in the way I like to play it ruins there fun.. thats why i like to do a little trash talk and have my fun while fighting and after always hittum with the goodfight and go my way.. But sometimes people have to understand that maybe every game isnt for them. I mean its a little bit of a joke that someone learned how pvp was and posted a discussion on changing it without ever even experiencing it for themselves yet.. They may grow to love it. I know you come from eso, imagine being able to kill that guy that spawned in and is killing half the mobs and messing the rotation up or resetting world bosses or running in front of you picking up your resources and messing up the respawns? Now imagine you can hit Alt + C and send him packing... lol its awesome. Also, it may be stressful getting pushed to a node (been there many times and still happening) but it makes me snap into reality that i have still so much work to do to be better and pushes me and send me on a frenzy to get better gear and money and practice in the battle arena.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jammer480 said:

So my question is, if they would make a "safe" server where you can't force pvp, how does that detract from the game for you? Give you less low levels to attack? If someone considers it their duty to attack people who are disadvantaged to "help" them become stronger, that's just twisted and lame af. While I don't care either way, no safe area could possibly be push people away who would most likely spend money in game and keep the overall population up.

There several assumptions you made throughout your post, first you can't kill low levels anyone under 50 can not be attacked.50 and above is fair game.Which means anyone over 50 have a basic understanding of the game and when its first release have a similar gear setup to you at the time.Second towns are safe spaces were you can not be attacked by other players they have those in the game.My issue is that If they added the so called safe server it would be cheesed to all hell right now as it is their a risk and reward system in the game were you are rewarded for taking on more risk.You remove the risk than they have to remove the reward that's the only way a safe server will work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MakeumRage said:

aint no body respecting perma reds! you just getting put in bounty hunter all day. but ima wizz main so noone respects me anyways :( probably go zerker or myssTHIC for my red tho. or ranger

Doesn't look like Musa gonna be day one so probably going ranger myself and everyone will know my Name either a for a good reason or a bad one.I'm not scared of no bounty hunters .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jaronking said:

There several assumptions you made throughout your post, first you can't kill low levels anyone under 50 can not be attacked.50 and above is fair game.Which means anyone over 50 have a basic understanding of the game and when its first release have a similar gear setup to you at the time.Second towns are safe spaces were you can not be attacked by other players they have those in the game.My issue is that If they added the so called safe server it would be cheesed to all hell right now as it is their a risk and reward system in the game were you are rewarded for taking on more risk.You remove the risk than they have to remove the reward that's the only way a safe server will work.

Yeah, can't dispute that...and this discussion is very hypothetical. We all know there will never(or at least for a few yrs) be a safe server or timer. I understand it's that type of game, and I did forget that under 50 is essentially the "safe zone".  IF they were to add a safe server for some crazy unknown reason, it would have to be set up so that any progress made there would be a fraction of the pvp servers. But then you would have people complain about that so the devs are better off not changing the game.

14 hours ago, Azuki said:

So I was thinking. Would it be beneficial for the devs to add a safe-mode like the one they have in Gta Online. For those that have never played, if your tired of getting killed by other players or do not feel like dealing with players you can turn on passive. In it you cannot kill anything with your weapons, but you cannot be killed by players.  And I believe passive can only last for 10 to 15 minutes.

Also its been said before but the constant pvp will thin the populations.

Allso please put a reason for more clarity if you want to.

So I'd thought I'd put this here. I think we can find a middle ground. The core of being able to fight anyone is still there, but perhaps they make it more penalizing for the person instigating the fight, and the person that suffers barely loses anything or loses nothing at all. (from what I understood in his post but if i'm wrong my point still stands) If you think about it, karma bombing overall is already looked down upon, so why reward the person by creating an incentive for them to prosper. Let them suffer. It should be bad for the person trying to be a jerk. NOT for the person defending. Anyone like this idea? Thought it was cool.

I know the person who does it suffers, but idk, create a way for them not to prosper is my whole point. People can still enjoy fighting but make it less attractive to grief people.

I feel like though there isn't that many options, because there is simply wayyy to many people in such little areas, perhaps make more parts of the deserts more viable to grind in to cut down on people interrupting grind spots, thats a great idea.

Edited by The Guiido

4 hours ago, MakeumRage said:

lol im pretty sure jaron is just kidding and memeing the topic all together. noone want to go around killing lower level players, theres no fun in that. but many people will have red toons to keep lower level players in their place and deal with karma bomberes. time is sooo valuable in bdo. and grinding HAS to be done solo in order to make gains. If someone is there and refuses to leave or duel for spot its annoying. the point is, jaron doesnt play pc. but like any logical player, hes done his research and understands this is a pvp game. he likes that and will embrace it. for others who dont know and are just finding out, they should decided to get on board and spend the time they need to to compete, understand they will just have to server hop, or and heres the big one.. UNDERSTAND THIS ISNT THE GAME FOR THEM INSTEAD OF TRYING TO CHANGE THE GAME TO FIT THEIR NEEDS. It starts with a "safe space" then it goes to more and more and more until they go like eso and water the game down so much to fit players that cant keep up youve wasted two years of time and money into it to have something thats not even worth playing. Thats just not bdo. Its not a friendly game. Its not forgiving. Its fast paced in your face combat that can be rewarding or punishing depending on the time you put into it. Thats why most players chose to play this game. To know their time means something and gives them the advantage over others. ALSO, many players like myself choose BDO over others for the open world PVP. If people had an option to hide and just focus on making money they would. Then itd just be me and the mobs and thats boring. After a safe space theyll want a safe node wars, it just wont end. Why should you reward people or cater to people that dont want to spend time progressing or learning they classes?

Point is, know what the game is and has been about for the past 3-4 years. Accept that. Dont come into a game BEFORE ITS EVEN LAUNCHED and start talking or asking for it to change to fit your playstyle. If it doesnt sound good to you dont buy it.. trust there will be plenty more that do and the game wont hurt from losing sales to those that think its too much for them. It will be one of the only two console mmos worthwhile. Eso will have the better pve and bdo the pvp. If you want casual pvp stay eso. Its much more suited to your needs. If you wanna work hard on your gear, your levels and your skill, and be rewarded for it and every step of the way progress yourself in a way that makes you better then the next guy choose bdo. 

Well the game is being remade to fit the xbox community. I respect your opinion. Let EVERYONE put there own. Its a group effort on getting things right. Just because you really want something does not mean everyone wants it.

My issue is if you know that the game is going to lose up to 1/3 to 2/3 of its community over the first 2 months why not make accommodations to retain them.You'd be surprised how many people just want to pve and not be dealing with people.

If no ones putting money in this game, it will not survive long. Unless you want it to be like eso and charge you for the base game, subscription, expansions, and all that jazz.

Also pc players can stay on pc if there not open to change. Its already confirmed its gonna be at least somewhat different.

Edited by Azuki
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Azuki said:

So I was thinking. Would it be beneficial for the devs to add a safe-mode like the one they have in Gta Online. For those that have never played, if your tired of getting killed by other players or do not feel like dealing with players you can turn on passive. In it you cannot kill anything with your weapons, but you cannot be killed by players.  And I believe passive can only last for 10 to 15 minutes.

Also its been said before but the constant pvp will thin the populations.

Also please put a reason for more clarity if you want to.

@[CM] Simon

Can the social media pages for bdo console put these polls also?

Edited by Taka
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Azuki said:

Well the game is being remade to fit the xbox community. I respect your opinion. Let EVERYONE put there own. Its a group effort on getting things right. Just because you really want something does not mean everyone wants it.

Game isnt being remmade to fit the community its being ported. Its a joke your literally asking to chnage the game before youve even tried it. Thats crazy to me. Wait a few months after release atleast before you start these posts... then well meme u less. Your trending right now btw.. lol. 

1 hour ago, Azuki said:

My issue is if you know that the game is going to lose up to 1/3 to 2/3 of its community over the first 2 months why not make accommodations to retain them.You'd be surprised how many people just want to pve and not be dealing with people.

If no ones putting money in this game, it will not survive long. Unless you want it to be like eso and charge you for the base game, subscription, expansions, and all that jazz.

Also pc players can stay on pc if there not open to change. Its already confirmed its gonna be at least somewhat different.

THEN THIS ISNT THE GAME FOR YOU. You are not the target audeince. Quite respectfully, buy something else man. Or stay under 50. This is an MMO marketed towards people serious about pvp in their 20-30s. PA Has the fps style mmo coming soon for the younger casual audience. Theyll steal that 20% back when it comes out.

Also stop making multiple accounts to vote on your poll...

3 hours ago, The Guiido said:

So I'd thought I'd put this here. I think we can find a middle ground. The core of being able to fight anyone is still there, but perhaps they make it more penalizing for the person instigating the fight, and the person that suffers barely loses anything or loses nothing at all. (from what I understood in his post but if i'm wrong my point still stands) If you think about it, karma bombing overall is already looked down upon, so why reward the person by creating an incentive for them to prosper. Let them suffer. It should be bad for the person trying to be a jerk. NOT for the person defending. Anyone like this idea? Thought it was cool.

I know the person who does it suffers, but idk, create a way for them not to prosper is my whole point. People can still enjoy fighting but make it less attractive to grief people.

I feel like though there isn't that many options, because there is simply wayyy to many people in such little areas, perhaps make more parts of the deserts more viable to grind in to cut down on people interrupting grind spots, thats a great idea.

You completely misunderstood. The griefing is done by the person being killed 90% of the time because they get angry and cant own a spot or handle pvp. THE PENALTY IS HUGE FOR THE KILLER, and the only penalty for the guy dying is he has to respawn. He can easily go to an area fit for his level and skill, or SWAP channels. 

Edited by MakeumRage

5 hours ago, Jaronking said:

Doesn't look like Musa gonna be day one so probably going ranger myself and everyone will know my Name either a for a good reason or a bad one.I'm not scared of no bounty hunters .

Of coure your not, because you already know your going to be top 5 guilds day one lol. 

@MakeumRage

I think you misunderstand me. I never said once that was something i needed or wanted in the game. I could care less about a safe mode just bringing a discussion to the table for the pve players. I'll probably buy the deluxe edition either way.

Also in the ive been seeing how there changing gameplay to make it more smooth on console so they are changing some aspects of the game.

Im a pvp guy. All i do in games like eso is pvp, i played ark pvp official for 2+ years. My point in making this whole poll is to see how many people actually want to just pve. Like i said thanks for your opinion just be respectful to others. 😀

Also do you really think i made 4+ accounts just to vote on a hypothetical post?

Edited by Azuki
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

Game isnt being remmade to fit the community its being ported. Its a joke your literally asking to chnage the game before youve even tried it. Thats crazy to me. Wait a few months after release atleast before you start these posts... then well meme u less. Your trending right now btw.. lol. 

THEN THIS ISNT THE GAME FOR YOU. You are not the target audeince. Quite respectfully, buy something else man. Or stay under 50. This is an MMO marketed towards people serious about pvp in their 20-30s. PA Has the fps style mmo coming soon for the younger casual audience. Theyll steal that 20% back when it comes out.

Also stop making multiple accounts to vote on your poll...

You completely misunderstood. The griefing is done by the person being killed 90% of the time because they get angry and cant own a spot or handle pvp. THE PENALTY IS HUGE FOR THE KILLER, and the only penalty for the guy dying is he has to respawn. He can easily go to an area fit for his level and skill, or SWAP channels. 

You misunderstood and misread my post. I never once mentioned "killer". I never mentioned being killed. I was mentioning the fact they started ATTACKING the person. I know the person who instigates the fights (killer) has a huge penalty, but what I was saying that what they could do is add more grinding spots to lower the frustration of things being cluttered. It would lead to less confrontations and problems.

4 hours ago, The Guiido said:

You misunderstood and misread my post. I never once mentioned "killer". I never mentioned being killed. I was mentioning the fact they started ATTACKING the person. I know the person who instigates the fights (killer) has a huge penalty, but what I was saying that what they could do is add more grinding spots to lower the frustration of things being cluttered. It would lead to less confrontations and problems.

If theu release it as a whole, theres enough spots. Thats what i was telling @Jammer480 about. As you progress you dont spend your time at the lower spots as its not efficent to you. The problem is when the lower guys dont understand efficent grinding and try to push up before there ready. It usually ends with them being able to only kill 1 camp outta 20 in the rotation and just griefing you. And when someone bigger who belongs tjere pushes them out they will sometimes just stay and greif the player by forcing them to burn karma or messing the rotation up. Theres more then enough places to last 3 months if its just base game. If valencia is included its enough for 3-6. Youll need kama after that. This is based of average gains and levels. Some players like myself will out grow base vanilla BDO in less then a month. So heres to hoping for a full release.. Also, hopefully we will get a nice amount of servers. Each area has its own instance on the different servers. 

4 hours ago, Azuki said:

@MakeumRage

I think you misunderstand me. I never said once that was something i needed or wanted in the game. I could care less about a safe mode just bringing a discussion to the table for the pve players. I'll probably buy the deluxe edition either way.

Also in the ive been seeing how there changing gameplay to make it more smooth on console so they are changing some aspects of the game.

Im a pvp guy. All i do in games like eso is pvp, i played ark pvp official for 2+ years. My point in making this whole poll is to see how many people actually want to just pve. Like i said thanks for your opinion just be respectful to others. 😀

Also do you really think i made 4+ accounts just to vote on a hypothetical post?

Theyre changing ALL the versions crossplatform wide. PC is getting nerfed hard across the board and most of the player base assume its to make the console version more viable.. they dont patch each individually. Whats done to one will happen to them all for the most part.  Also im patient about gaming. Been a hobby of mine for over 20 years. I didnt see myself as being disrepectful but if you felt that way my appologies. Easy to cross passion with agression. But it certaintly didnt seem to me this game suited you the way you were handling the conversation. And anyone that thinks things like safe mode etc etc should be a part of the game should soend there time looking into something else to play. Not to bring down the game most of us are pumped for and look to change fundamentals about it. 

Edited by MakeumRage
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MakeumRage said:

Theyre changing ALL the versions crossplatform wide. PC is getting nerfed hard across the board and most of the player base assume its to make the console version more viable.. they dont patch each individually. Whats done to one will happen to them all for the most part.  Also im patient about gaming. Been a hobby of mine for over 20 years. I didnt see myself as being disrepectful but if you felt that way my appologies. Easy to cross passion with agression. But it certaintly didnt seem to me this game suited you the way you were handling the conversation. And anyone that thinks things like safe mode etc etc should be a part of the game should soend there time looking into something else to play. Not to bring down the game most of us are pumped for and look to change fundamentals about it. 

You keep saying if someone doesn't like the way BDO currently is they should go play a different game. The problem is there are not many good mmo's on xbox to choose from. The only other option even remotely close is eso and many people are tired of that.(I don't consider Tera and Neverwinter to be options as they are absolutely ****) Why don't the pc players just stay on pc and keep the style game they want and let the xbox players ask for the style game they'd like to see? I would bet money that if you asked the general xbox community what they want, a very high percentage would want some type of safeguard against trolls. My friend on xbox was just telling me last night that, when he was playing BDO on pc, the guild he was with would sit just outside of town and just kill everyone coming out. While you may have no problem with that style of play, I do and will petition every level of PA requesting some type of safeguard against that. If PA allows that style of play on xbox, the game will crash and burn within one month. Why? Because the people that have real money to spend in the game actually have jobs and a life and won't put up with **** play like that wasting their time. The majority of people playing on xbox are casual gamers compared to pc gamers and they want games that they can play at somewhat of a casual level. Maybe I could say if someone doesn't like the casual xbox community maybe they should look elsewhere?

Edited by Jammer480
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jammer480 said:

You keep saying if someone doesn't like the way BDO currently is they should go play a different game. The problem is there are not many good mmo's on xbox to choose from. The only other option even remotely close is eso and many people are tired of that.(I don't consider Tera and Neverwinter to be options as they are absolutely ****) Why don't the pc players just stay on pc and keep the style game they want and let the xbox players ask for the style game they'd like to see? I would bet money that if you asked the general xbox community what they want, a very high percentage would want some type of safeguard against trolls. My friend on xbox was just telling me last night that, when he was playing BDO on pc, the guild he was with would sit just outside of town and just kill everyone coming out. While you may have no problem with that style of play, I do and will petition every level of PA requesting some type of safeguard against that. If PA allows that style of play on xbox, the game will crash and burn within one month. Why? Because the people that have real money to spend in the game actually have jobs and a life and won't put up with **** play like that wasting their time. The majority of people playing on xbox are casual gamers compared to pc gamers and they want games that they can play at somewhat of a casual level. Maybe I could say if someone doesn't like the casual xbox community maybe they should look elsewhere?

Once again, it starts with safe mode.. then they want to get levels easier. Then they want gear easier. Then the want to enhance easier. Then they want to make money faster.. it doesnt stop. Its not bdos style and never will be. ALSO ONCE AGAIN, they dont do single platform updates. Updates are generalized across all platforms. If they made safe zones on console thered be safe zones on pc. When games begin to cater to casual players is 9/10 when they crash and burn. You have it backwards. It sounds great at first and everyones all excited and then they get to the top and realize theres nothing to do now. No progression to look forward to. Thats about 70% of what killed eso for the top tier of players. After they left everyone followed and theyve brought there community with them as they go. Xbox is far from casual. You do have alot of younger people who beg for something for nothing but for the most part, xbox is sweatier then pc in every aspect ive seen. There are MANY safeguards against trolls already in place. Noone forces you to stay in that town and be hunted, Its simple to leave. BDO attracts an audience that prefers hardcore unforgiving PVP. Thats why this screenshot of this poll is being memed soooo hard atm on pc, xbox and ps4. 

BTW, actual play time doesnt mean much in this game as much as skill does. People like me with kids and a wife and 40-70 hour work week excel in the game because of lifeskilling and intelligence that comes with age and wisdom. The unsafe PvP is the LIGHTEST bit of hardcore in the game.. its literally the tip of the hardcore that bdo is... 

Id also like to add that once again this is nothing but a joke for the players that actually will keep bdo running... mostly because, even if a 1000 people click no.. you guys must not know PA. lol theyll never change it. Just ask the 1000s of people leaving the game right now because the new combat system.. PA does what PA wants. Regardless. 

7 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

BTW, actual play time doesnt mean much in this game as much as skill does. People like me with kids and a wife and 40-70 hour work week excel in the game because of lifeskilling and intelligence that comes with age and wisdom. The unsafe PvP is the LIGHTEST bit of hardcore in the game.. its literally the tip of the hardcore that bdo is... 

I can't disagree with most of your points, especially since I haven't played and this is all hypothetical. "Time doesn't mean much" is one I would question, just based on what I've read and seen, not having played the game. While skill is a huge part, those that have the most time will have the best gear and be the most experienced and by default will be stronger. 

And I do very much agree that what we say or ask for will have very little impact on what PA decides to do. They will look at the dollars. They obviously are not making money on pc or they wouldn't be coming to xbox/console/mobile. Mobile and console are 100% more casual than pc, to me that's not really even debatable. And while I do feel sorry for hardcore pvpers who don't want the game to change, I'm afraid it's too late for that. I think that ball started rolling when(or maybe just before) 95% of the pc population left the game. Keeping the game geared towards only the hardcore will not provide a long term source of income because it discourages new players from joining.

But like I said, this discussion is largely irrelevant, just something to pass the time... :) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

I can't disagree with most of your points, especially since I haven't played and this is all hypothetical. "Time doesn't mean much" is one I would question, just based on what I've read and seen, not having played the game. While skill is a huge part, those that have the most time will have the best gear and be the most experienced and by default will be stronger. 

And I do very much agree that what we say or ask for will have very little impact on what PA decides to do. They will look at the dollars. They obviously are not making money on pc or they wouldn't be coming to xbox/console/mobile. Mobile and console are 100% more casual than pc, to me that's not really even debatable. And while I do feel sorry for hardcore pvpers who don't want the game to change, I'm afraid it's too late for that. I think that ball started rolling when(or maybe just before) 95% of the pc population left the game. Keeping the game geared towards only the hardcore will not provide a long term source of income because it discourages new players from joining.

But like I said, this discussion is largely irrelevant, just something to pass the time... :) 

Get the fire extinguisher.  

46 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

BDO attracts an audience that prefers hardcore unforgiving PVP. Thats why this screenshot of this poll is being memed soooo hard atm on pc, xbox and ps4. <-- Literally who cares. drakelul.png.bc7ac6d0253a5e54cd500675a5ee7a76.png It's a friendly pole he made to seek opinions from people. 

Id also like to add that once again this is nothing but a joke for the players that actually will keep bdo running... mostly because, even if a 1000 people click no.. you guys must not know PA. lol theyll never change it. Just ask the 1000s of people leaving the game right now because the new combat system.. PA does what PA wants. Regardless. 

They will complain but they will still be people playing it. Bashing PA on reddit, making memes. The hardcore people are still playing on PC even after all these changes. Yeah a lot of them left, but there is still hardcore people. It goes to show you they still won't be going anywhere. It's just a matter of making sure everyone is on a similar playing field so gear disparity isn't an issue. Thats why they are changing things like the enhancement system so that newer players like us on Xbox, can obtain gear easier. It's making it easier for everyone. The "you need to suffer like I have suffered" mentality from PC I see when searching BDO PC forums needs to stop especially when changes like this happens for the betterment of the games health. 

I personally enjoy being rewarded after a long time of grinding, and seeing they are reworking the enhancement system does put a smile on my face. I'd imagine though there will be a bunch of suggestions once the game comes out. 

They need to make money. Thats why they branched out to console. They will do whatever it takes to make money. 

Edited by The Guiido
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Guiido said:

They will complain but there will still be people playing it. Bashing PA on reddit, making memes. The hardcore people are still playing on PC even after all these changes. Yeah a lot of them left, but there is still hardcore people. It goes to show you they still won't be going anywhere. It's just a matter of making sure everyone is on a similar playing field so gear disparity isn't an issue. Thats why they are changing things like the enhancement system so that newer players like us on Xbox, can obtain gear easier. It's making it easier for everyone. The "you need to suffer like I have suffered" mentality from PC I see when searching BDO PC forums needs to stop especially when changes like this happens for the betterment of the games health. 

I personally enjoy being rewarded after a long time of grinding, and seeing they are reworking the enhancement system does put a smile on my face. I'd imagine though there will be a bunch of suggestions once the game comes out. 

They need to make money. Thats why they branched out to console. They will do whatever it takes to make money. 

I dislike the new system but have always said I wish there was a way to 100%. Id keep it as is but say you got a 100 fs. Thatd be a guaranteed TRI at 150 thats a guaranteed TET. Now thats soft cap, past that for PEN id leave RNG. But you aint telling me nothing im 1.3bill deep trying for tet Kzarka atm.. lol BUT while things should be easier (I got full boss gear way quicker then the guys that were first in game, and like the new combat system) game fundamentals dont need to evolve. Also, the thing about BDO is they seem to be more concerned with make a game true to their beliefs then for money. Otherwise wed have grave of the valks on na lol. Im all for opening it up easier for casuals.. other wise youll never have fresh blood and the game will die. My issue is when you begin to change the game to cater to them. Give people like a year as is, then make it easier to get there. Thats my feelings. But dont change the way to get there.

23 minutes ago, Jammer480 said:

Time isnt important because of AFK lifeskilling. You can make billions just by logging in once for 30 mins every 4-6 hours and doing one big turn in a month. The guys that spent less time playing and more time lifeskilling got the gear before the grinders and pvpers.. So you honestly dont have to face grind for progression. Theres many different ways and its really easy for someone who doesnt have the time to make up the gains in lifeskilling. Thats what i mean. I literally play 10% of the time of some of my friends and im just as geared or more. 

90% of the population havent left the game lol. Game gained a huge boost this year, but 10% of the active population have left since this months changes.. I dont feel sorry for them. I like the changes on PC except for slower combat. I enjoy fights lasting longer just not the resource nerfs. Once again tho, it seems PA does what PA wants.. it doesnt matter if it means less income. They seem to go with a direction they feel is true to the game and their vision. Thats why it really is just a fun/funny conversation because it will never go anywhere. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

Once again, it starts with safe mode.. then they want to get levels easier. Then they want gear easier. Then the want to enhance easier. Then they want to make money faster.. it doesnt stop. Its not bdos style and never will be. ALSO ONCE AGAIN, they dont do single platform updates. Updates are generalized across all platforms. If they made safe zones on console thered be safe zones on pc. When games begin to cater to casual players is 9/10 when they crash and burn. You have it backwards. It sounds great at first and everyones all excited and then they get to the top and realize theres nothing to do now. No progression to look forward to. Thats about 70% of what killed eso for the top tier of players. After they left everyone followed and theyve brought there community with them as they go. Xbox is far from casual. You do have alot of younger people who beg for something for nothing but for the most part, xbox is sweatier then pc in every aspect ive seen. There are MANY safeguards against trolls already in place. Noone forces you to stay in that town and be hunted, Its simple to leave. BDO attracts an audience that prefers hardcore unforgiving PVP. Thats why this screenshot of this poll is being memed soooo hard atm on pc, xbox and ps4. 

Since PA does what it wants, its definitely possible for a safe mode for the sake of making money.

If it doesn't make dollars, it doesn't make sense.

Just now, Azuki said:

Since PA does what it wants, its definitely possible for a safe mode for the sake of making money.

If they cared about making money wed have grace of the valks.. also they would have reverted the changes to the combat system... im part of the minority that enjoys the changes. there moves show they care less about the money and more about the game they like.. your not the first to ask for a safe mode or server.. and you wont be the last. 

I wonder what there gonna do with lifeskilling because xbox games usually disconnect after so long of running without activity 🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MakeumRage said:

If they cared about making money wed have grace of the valks.. also they would have reverted the changes to the combat system... im part of the minority that enjoys the changes. there moves show they care less about the money and more about the game they like.. your not the first to ask for a safe mode or server.. and you wont be the last. 

Like i said im not asking for it. Im just playing devils advocate 

5 minutes ago, Azuki said:

ElonEZ.jpg

Edited by The Guiido