Sign in to follow this  
Neferpitou

[PA] can you implement some way to prevent player deaths from controller disconnects?

even that im sitting right next to my xbox it has happend 2 times in 1 week that my controller lost the bluetooth signal all of a sudden leaving me there without controls for around 3 minutes until i could connect both devices with each other again 

in a game like bdo this could be very fatal if you get a dc on your controller while you grind 
 you'll loose around 2% of XP progress when u get killed by mobs and 2% can be hours of grinding on higher lvl
so you would loose hours of gameplay and even worse break crystals worth millions of silver that you might not get back so easy (the crystals - not the silver)

this also kinda triggers because you never know when it will happen again so it makes you feel uneasy

@[CM] Simon
could you make PA aware of such an issue? cant be that im the only one who has such problems with controller dc
i mean for a workaround it could be enough to disconnect the player quick from the server  when a dc on controller appears ingame so you dont get killed by mobs

btw this can also come in handy when the controller runs outa battery power which will be a common problem the gm have to dealth with answering all the tickets pis**** of players telling them
that they cant get their stuff back in such a case 
in both cases the controller disconnects so you could fix 2 major problems in one go 

yes im from the future

controllerdcissue.thumb.jpg.89cd6d4931bf9df9477c4423973401b1.jpg

Edited by Neferpitou

Get a wired controller. FeelsSpencerMan.jpeg.b11a4f9e213d4052c3e3140a50c85176.jpeg Less input lag= advantage due to no wireless, and you'll disconnect less with a wired. If at all. I wonder if they'll read this though. 

• Like 3

I mean.

1. Do we really need to lose xp upon death? 

2. Do we really need to drop stuff?

I think someone said it b4 but upon death you drop a random item right?

48 minutes ago, Azuki said:

I mean.

you have a chance to lose a gem when you die

1 hour ago, Darthaden said:

you have a chance to lose a gem when you die

aye that beeing said and while we on it:
dont run into a world boss fight with your main gear 

6 hours ago, The Guiido said:

Get a wired controller. FeelsSpencerMan.jpeg.b11a4f9e213d4052c3e3140a50c85176.jpeg Less input lag= advantage due to no wireless, and you'll disconnect less with a wired. If at all. I wonder if they'll read this though. 

thats why i notificated lord and savior Simon
could be that they already came up with an solution to this but it will be a problem upon game release cos no xbox comes with a wired controller anymore so the meta is wireless but yeah this is actual a workaround to this 

Edited by Neferpitou

1 hour ago, Neferpitou said:

could be that they already came up with an solution to this but it will be a problem upon game release cos no xbox comes with a wired controller anymore so the meta is wireless but yeah this is actual a workaround to this 

They don't need to do nothing about this get rechargeable battery packs or buy a wired controller and nobody will be able to fight world bosses on bdo console till about 4-6 months everybody wont be geared enough to kill it before it despawns 😕

Edited by King Aion

46 minutes ago, King Aion said:

They don't need to do nothing about this get rechargeable battery packs or buy a wired controller and nobody will be able to fight world bosses on bdo console till about 4-6 months everybody wont be geared enough to kill it before it despawns 😕

x doubt
first time kzarka happend on SEA it was dead within 2 minutes happend 1 month after official release - TRI enchant lvl had been released 2 week prior this first world boss so majority of players was still on +15
couldnt even get there in time from hexe sanctuary feelsman

my concern is not only regards out of battery you kno cos as u said you can avoid that by replace the battery
main concern is the random dc that happens through bluetooth that you cant control so by coding in a workaround into the games code
detecting dc of controller whilst logged onto server you get the out of battery status as a bonus since it would dc your controller aswell
main focus is to prevent bluetooth progress loss on dc 

Edited by Neferpitou

4 hours ago, King Aion said:

My point is how important is it to lose something upon death?

8 hours ago, Azuki said:

My point is how important is it to lose something upon death?

2% isnt nothing unless you like lvl 59 or above and if yo controller do disconnects when you 59 or above I'm 80% you would be geared enough to the point that mobs do no damage to you and you shouldn't be using expensive Crystal's on non boss gear anyways

Edited by King Aion

1 hour ago, King Aion said:

2% isnt nothing unless you like lvl 59 or above and if yo controller do disconnects when you 59 or above I'm 80% you would be geared enough to the point that mobs do no damage to you and you shouldn't be using expensive Crystal's on non boss gear anyways

I mean in general of dying. Since 2% is insignificant at lower and higher levels. Does their need to be a penalty. Same with losing items. 

19 hours ago, Neferpitou said:

The meta? The meta can be whatever you want. Default, elite, scuf, etc. I prefer wired as it costs no battery life, and less input lag and I recommend everyone to have a wired controller.

• Like 1

First of all, unplugging your controller doesnt do that... and it never should..

Second you lose more then 2% xp....

Third yes you do need to lose xp and gems when you die. its a hardcore unforgiving game and this also helps keep lowbies outta areas they dont belong and adds a thrill to boring pve. you cant just auto pilot grind in bdo, youve gotta pay attention and actually play. No something for nothing mindset in this game please.. its killing mmos. Also the peral costumes help prevent loosing items so this is needed to sell them and help the game thrive.

Fourth, 2% is about two hours on average at 60, and about 8 hours at 61 on average (obviously this is different depending on buffs, spot, etc etc) 

Fifth, losing crystal can be a meme or a month long set back depending on if your running basic or JINS and RNG. 

Sixth, My mans has it right.. if your a level 59+ and are playing the game right you shouldnt die from the brief changing of batteries unless your in hysteria or gyfin or something like that. if your dying quickly other then that, your undergeared and grinding wrong.. downgrade your spot.

Seventh, elite controllers come with cords.. and if your serious about your gaming you dont play wireless anyways... thats nonsense but even if you choose to, theres already a work around. When it tells you your batteries are getting low 10 times before they die.. use that time to swap to a toon in a safe area and change them? its simple

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The Guiido said:

The meta? The meta can be whatever you want. Default, elite, scuf, etc. I prefer wired as it costs no battery life, and less input lag and I recommend everyone to have a wired controller.

meta is like what everyone uses
so you buy a xbox one / one x
what controller does it ship with ?

hint: it aint wired ones

14 hours ago, King Aion said:

you wont survive 2 min of idling in full tet boss gear at lvl 60 spots in valencia or kamasylvie
i guarantee you that

Edited by Neferpitou

52 minutes ago, Neferpitou said:

hint: it aint wired ones <---- Baxster.png.f090a157b3e6cb41fa1ef3efc4098160.png I got schooled bro

But you aren't forced to use that and you'd be at a disadvantage with using a wireless in a lot of ways. Just because everyone else is using it, doesn't mean you have to follow them.

hint: wireless is not the best controller.

magalul.png.91ece15dfd1c1b33762f64e420495511.png

Edited by The Guiido
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, The Guiido said:

But you aren't forced to use that and you'd be at a disadvantage with using a wireless in a lot of ways. Just because everyone else is using it, doesn't mean you have to follow them.

hint: wireless is not the best controller.

magalul.png.91ece15dfd1c1b33762f64e420495511.png

y wireless is like modern and chique (ameno)
wired is more like bondage
im not into bondage

duno if this works but if you use the mini usb on top of the controller and plug it into an usb port of the console using a mini <-> usb cable?

13 minutes ago, Neferpitou said:

y wireless is like modern and chique (ameno)
wired is more like bondage
im not into bondage

duno if this works but if you use the mini usb on top of the controller and plug it into an usb port of the console using a mini <-> usb cable?

Thats a weird comparison. I understand Wired has an annoying wire trust me, but you save money on recharable batteries or just battieries in general, and just so many other things. 

I do not know if if the USB cable for android devices or the ones that you plug into the xbox controller to update your controller affect the speed of the controller like how a wired controller works. But I tested it, and it instantly turned on the xbox. I do not know if it transfers in game or to the Xbox software directly. I think it does. But I'd go with a wired controller over it regardless.

KermitFeelsGood.jpg.cb90a9dd1d9a909e1ba0453ce6601cdc.jpg

Edited by The Guiido

39 minutes ago, The Guiido said:

Thats a weird comparison. I understand Wired has an annoying wire trust me, but you save money on recharable batteries or just battieries in general, and just so many other things. 

I do not know if if the USB cable for android devices or the ones that you plug into the xbox controller to update your controller affect the speed of the controller like how a wired controller works. But I tested it, and it instantly turned on the xbox. I do not know if it transfers in game or to the Xbox software directly. I think it does. But I'd go with a wired controller over it regardless.

KermitFeelsGood.jpg.cb90a9dd1d9a909e1ba0453ce6601cdc.jpg

srsly i dont think that there is a difference in between using a wired vs cable controller latency wise
we speek of 0. ms here 
unless you like the flash or a fly or whatever that might have the reflexes to benefit from a 0.1 ms delay i dont think you gona see that huge of a gamechanger 

also rechargeable batteries are  there to recharge them  .. you not supposed to throw em into the trash also what are the many other things you mentioned you can save money on by playing on a wired controller cos beside rechargable batteries witch are included onto every controller anyway there is nothing else to spend

what are these secret addons you provided onto your wired controller

flaz.jpg.3f9dfca2ff5b2aef573063625a6eb2b9.jpg

the one thing that wired is superior to wireless is the dc part
and if PA manage to include that one function into the games code microsoft propably has made to allow the game check onto the status of controller connectivity
[ if ( checkXboxControllerConnected != true) player.disconnect ]
we might be good to go with our wireless controllers without the anxiety of losing progress and important stuff because of hardware issues and can spend the money we would have to spend on a weird controller INGAME INSTEAD @PA

1 hour ago, Neferpitou said:

srsly i dont think that there is a difference in between using a wired vs cable controller latency wise
we speek of 0. ms here 
unless you like the flash or a fly or whatever that might have the reflexes to benefit from a 0.1 ms delay i dont think you gona see that huge of a gamechanger 

also rechargeable batteries are  there to recharge them  .. you not supposed to throw em into the trash also what are the many other things you mentioned you can save money on by playing on a wired controller cos beside rechargable batteries witch are included onto every controller anyway there is nothing else to spend

what are these secret addons you provided onto your wired controller

flaz.jpg.3f9dfca2ff5b2aef573063625a6eb2b9.jpg

the one thing that wired is superior to wireless is the dc part
and if PA manage to include that one function into the games code microsoft propably has made to allow the game check onto the status of controller connectivity
[ if ( checkXboxControllerConnected != true) player.disconnect ]
we might be good to go with our wireless controllers without the anxiety of losing progress and important stuff because of hardware issues and can spend the money we would have to spend on a weird controller INGAME INSTEAD @PA

It's better in pretty much in every single way besides the fact it's wireless so no cord. Anybody thats serious about games like @MakeumRage said, they wouldn't be using a standard wireless controller.

-Less latency and input lag more than your assumed (0./0.1 ms)FeelsChromeosomeMan.png.8306a3bf7cc52b70c49a854eedd4f444.png

Although it's not game-breaking when you would compare just controllers, there is still a difference, and when you pair it up with Xbox One X, 120 hz monitor, and a wired controller, with ethernet, thats a pretty big advantage to have over someone who's just using a normal Xbox One or Xbox One X and a wireless controller with a TV on a wireless internet connection. It's been proven. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt_JZ9rd1XE https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/04/the-xbox-one-will-get-120hz-support-in-a-may-software-update/

-No batteries required so I don't have to switch mid game or ever worry about spending a dime on batteries again which saves you money. Rechargeable batteries wear over time. Yeah no ****, lol they are there to sustain quite some time to replace normal batteries but they will break down over time, which goes back to my original point. You are still going to need to spend money on batteries eventually.

-Xbox warns you with a message on the bottom of your screen warning you that your batteries in your controller are low.

It's not a benvy of advantages. But when you combine multiple factors like what I mentioned above it can turn into quite the advantage when all things are combined and considered. 

They wont add in what you are asking as that will be exploited beyond belief. imagine fighting someone in a 1v1 and right before they die, they disconnect there controller? Do you know how cancerous that is? What if you were to accidentally remove a battery while playing? You are in your try hard mode and you slam your controller downward as you press a button. You'll get DC'd from the server? LUL. Most games don't disconnect you. I doubt this game will be an exception.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 21.05.2018 at 8:53 AM, Azuki said:

I mean.

Just remove dying from the game and YOLO.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Neferpitou said:

hint: it aint wired ones

you wont survive 2 min of idling in full tet boss gear at lvl 60 spots in valencia or kamasylvie
i guarantee you that

Your wrong. Valencia mobs dont phase you at all. In full tri gear. You can stand there for 4-5 mins. Tet gear youll barely feel it. Its the desert debuff thatll get you in valencia. Kama you can go maybe 1 or 2 but depends where you are.  I know because i do this all the time when reading chat whole streaming

22 hours ago, The Guiido said:

It's better in pretty much in every single way besides the fact it's wireless so no cord. Anybody thats serious about games like @MakeumRage said, they wouldn't be using a standard wireless controller.

-Less latency and input lag more than your assumed (0./0.1 ms)FeelsChromeosomeMan.png.8306a3bf7cc52b70c49a854eedd4f444.png

Although it's not game-breaking when you would compare just controllers, there is still a difference, and when you pair it up with Xbox One X, 120 hz monitor, and a wired controller, with ethernet, thats a pretty big advantage to have over someone who's just using a normal Xbox One or Xbox One X and a wireless controller with a TV on a wireless internet connection. It's been proven. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt_JZ9rd1XE https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/04/the-xbox-one-will-get-120hz-support-in-a-may-software-update/

-No batteries required so I don't have to switch mid game or ever worry about spending a dime on batteries again which saves you money. Rechargeable batteries wear over time. Yeah no ****, lol they are there to sustain quite some time to replace normal batteries but they will break down over time, which goes back to my original point. You are still going to need to spend money on batteries eventually.

-Xbox warns you with a message on the bottom of your screen warning you that your batteries in your controller are low.

It's not a benvy of advantages. But when you combine multiple factors like what I mentioned above it can turn into quite the advantage when all things are combined and considered. 

They wont add in what you are asking as that will be exploited beyond belief. imagine fighting someone in a 1v1 and right before they die, they disconnect there controller? Do you know how cancerous that is? What if you were to accidentally remove a battery while playing? You are in your try hard mode and you slam your controller downward as you press a button. You'll get DC'd from the server? LUL. Most games don't disconnect you. I doubt this game will be an exception.

giphy.gif

i see
did your wired controller shiped with one of these aswell?

ricohutschmuck.jpg.ef647b2ab7e5309add601db1e8d60a29.jpg

the stuff you mentioned is pretty much how easy people fall for marketing these days...
i mean for one wired controller i can buy batteries till xbox one 360 x releases

11 hours ago, MakeumRage said:

Your wrong. Valencia mobs dont phase you at all. In full tri gear. You can stand there for 4-5 mins. Tet gear youll barely feel it. Its the desert debuff thatll get you in valencia. Kama you can go maybe 1 or 2 but depends where you are.  I know because i do this all the time when reading chat whole streaming

k do the thing
you said everywhere in valencia right
go visit hystria ruins next time you stream and post the VOD 

9/5000

2 hours ago, Neferpitou said:

i see

the stuff you mentioned is pretty much how easy people fall for marketing these days...
i mean for one wired controller i can buy batteries till xbox one 360 x releases

k do the thing

9/5000

Not really. I've tested everything I have mentioned for years and I'm telling you there is a difference. Here is more links just so you can read up on it. You can keep buying batteries thats on you lol. They will wear down over time. Everytime you recharge it and use it, it is losing it's life.

OMEGALUL.png.720e9185b538e1f4822bc1883cd96505.png

I don't think you really read my main point. I mentioned everything combined into 1 example. I have stated that the controllers it's not game breaking, but there is a difference. But when you combine everything, the hardwired ethernet, the wired controller, 120 hz monitor HDR on an Xbox One X, heck even using a better HDMI like Audio Quest too will be better than the default Xbox One X on a 4k TV with normal wireless connection, wireless controller, with the standard HDMI that comes with the Xbox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMuIFFrhK14

Edited by The Guiido

1 hour ago, Beond said:

If they added it I would not buy it so many people would just turn their controllers off when they are getting owned

EXACTLY!

5b061ceb812ca_ControllerDisconnectedLUL.gif.91dcc619d65ce268c2cfd694ade68b1e.gifgiphy.gif

14 hours ago, Neferpitou said:

i see

k do the thing

9/5000

Bruh. You wrong for that. You know dang well i wasnt counting hysteria lmao. Most clases cant even grind there effectively. But hey since you gunna meme me... ima pop PA with three wizz friends and go get that vod right quick! Lmao 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Beond said:

If they added it I would not buy it so many people would just turn their controllers off when they are getting owned

you add a 10 sec timer to the disconnect on controller feature and voilá

9 hours ago, MakeumRage said:

Bruh. You wrong for that. You know dang well i wasnt counting hysteria lmao. Most clases cant even grind there effectively. But hey since you gunna meme me... ima pop PA with three wizz friends and go get that vod right quick! Lmao 

well you said every mob in valencia
btw. ive tested it yesterday on desert fogans and my health went 30% within 1:30 min

i had to cancel it cos some goon showed up and im with -1kk karma right now

Not really. I've tested everything I have mentioned for years and I'm telling you there is a difference. Here is more links just so you can read up on it. You can keep buying batteries thats on you lol. They will wear down over time. Everytime you recharge it and use it, it is losing it's life.

OMEGALUL.png.720e9185b538e1f4822bc1883cd96505.png

I don't think you really read my main point. I mentioned everything combined into 1 example. I have stated that the controllers it's not game breaking, but there is a difference. But when you combine everything, the hardwired ethernet, the wired controller, 120 hz monitor HDR on an Xbox One X, heck even using a better HDMI like Audio Quest too will be better than the default Xbox One X on a 4k TV with normal wireless connection, wireless controller, with the standard HDMI that comes with the Xbox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMuIFFrhK14

duno about the monitor cos i play on a projector which is 120 hz 
gota admit that beside having a 100" screen is a nice thing  theres no difference for me between play on my 60 hz monitor pc and 120 hz projector

we can at least agree on the ethernet cable
having to deal with package loss and lags is meh

Edited by Neferpitou