Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dr INF3NRO

Early access weekend

Early access when?  

21 members have voted

  1. 1. Should it be on a weekend e.g. A Saturday?

    • Heck yes
      7
    • Don't care
      14


Recommended Posts

Early access weekend

Hey guys,

When do you think the early access should take place in.

If possible I'd love it to be on a weekend like starting at Saturday.

What do you think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would imagine it will start on Tuesday/Wednesday, and full release will be on that coming Friday. Reason being, giving us a full week or more is almost too much of an advantage considering most players purchasing the high end pre-order will be coming from PC already(which is already a bit of an advantage). But, I am open to anything as I will taking a vacation just for launch ha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weekend sounds nice but for players like my self that work with a rotating schedual it does not really matter.. As long as its coming that's all that matters anyways they are going to talk about all the details regarding the packs so as releas soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Early access is not cool it is just another scummy marketing tool companies use to nickel and dime gamers to death,  they should not have early access everyone should get to start at the same time. It reminds me of kings island and the express lane you can pay extra money for and get on the ride sooner than the people that paid regular ticket price for.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SEA had a whole week of early access. If you bought the most expensive pack you could play on January 10th of 2017. And the official game launched on January 17th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Ayumii said:

SEA had a whole week of early access. If you bought the most expensive pack you could play on January 10th of 2017. And the official game launched on January 17th. 

That sounds too good to be true lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2018 at 10:36 AM, Deathz Angel said:

Early access is not cool it is just another scummy marketing tool companies use to nickel and dime gamers to death,  they should not have early access everyone should get to start at the same time. It reminds me of kings island and the express lane you can pay extra money for and get on the ride sooner than the people that paid regular ticket price for.  

It also help spread players out so you don't have 10k in western guard camp at the same time when servers go live

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Darthaden said:

It also help spread players out so you don't have 10k in western guard camp at the same time when servers go live

This is the best argument for early access.. it spreads the competition for mobs for the first few weeks.. and let's be honest, a weeks head start isn't gonna make a huge difference  over the course of what's likely to be years

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a cop out excuse,  the beta had millions of players and ran fine,  people will throw money at companies just to get ahead it's just greedy marketing from game makers that don't care about their game just want money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You do understand, that the money they make off these preorders is what fuels the expense they take on with future content/updates. If you want to invest not only your time, but also your money into something you enjoy, I think it is absolutely okay for PA to give you a platform to do so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They will make money off the Pearl shop early access is just squeezing even more money out of players to give the payers an advantage over the others that only buy the base game.  But it's OK I will only be buying the basic package, I can always buy Pearl shop items off the market with in game money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reidun said:

You do understand, that the money they make off these preorders is what fuels the expense they take on with future content/updates. If you want to invest not only your time, but also your money into something you enjoy, I think it is absolutely okay for PA to give you a platform to do so. 

Dont feed the trolls please

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×