Orisha

Pay to win!!!!

I think real p2w is gaining all the advantages without spending time. After i saw whales on twitch open 1000 lootbox and get more gear score, more money and more lvl than i have in a single night on blade and soul, im really ok with bdo's pay to progress things.

But i accept that selleling limitless pearl item and valks cry are really problematic things. I hope Pa make right decisions and bdx dont turn into that blade and soul kind p2w.

Theres no p2w in this game at all. Theres pay to advance quicker which isnt much. Most of your power comes from gear score. Given even if you can full p2w artisans and balks cry, the GS that matters caps out. And you only give your self a higher chance and at higher gear levels, no higher chance and extra taps. You could honestly spend 200$ to artisan mem something and fail 50 times in a row. Because of the chance at enhancing, doesnt matter what you throw at the game. 

Someone mentioned it earlier, if they dont limit cash shop items being sold on the MP then that could be an issue

Yeap, the one thing that could break the thin line between pay for convenience and p2w is limitless cash shop to MP. The rest of things on the shop are time savers.

On 1/7/2019 at 5:57 AM, Darthaden said:

If you hate this game so much why are you even here?

I’m sorry do you control what I do in my life I think not did I say I hate the game anywhere in my post just stating what many have if it’s going to be pay to win like pc this will be just like Tera dead in a year this isn’t launching on a system that rpgs do very well on let alone ones that encourage you to spend like crazy to be competitive. Maybe you should quit putting word in people’s mouths

On 1/7/2019 at 6:07 AM, Tr3nch said:

lol then you obviously haven't played Star Trek Online on Xbox. People shell out hundreds on lock boxes.

Star Trek online has less players at peak times there’s not a single high pop server lol. 

On 1/8/2019 at 4:44 PM, Darthaden said:

Yeah the difference is you have the option to pay in bdo while while the other two your forced to pay. 

And lets be real ff14 isn't any bigger than BDO.

Your trolling right FF14 is the second biggest populated mmorpg only second to wow this game has nowhere near the amount of people that are playing Ff14. Guaranteed and it’s not pay 2 win you obviously haven’t played it this is going to end up in the Tera and neverwinter category of its “free” but after a certain point you have to spend money in game except those games are free to download this is a buy 2 play can’t wait until the government regulates this stuff companies nowadays are very greedy. And you know what I won’t be playing this game at launch to many good games coming out during this games launch. Won’t have time for it.

21 minutes ago, ScarecrowFTW said:

Star Trek online has less players at peak times there’s not a single high pop server lol. 

There are more than enough players online to justify continuous content updates for Xbox from PC. Every time I log into STO there are at least 5 instanced zones where ever I am in the game. The point is you argued that there are no P2W games on Xbox that are successful. I simply provided you with one example. I don't care for the business model myself but I have spent $ in that game to get stuff that I didn't get with the base game. BDO will be no different. It is up to the individual player on how much they choose to spend not forced to spend.

23 hours ago, Tr3nch said:

There are more than enough players online to justify continuous content updates for Xbox from PC. Every time I log into STO there are at least 5 instanced zones where ever I am in the game. The point is you argued that there are no P2W games on Xbox that are successful. I simply provided you with one example. I don't care for the business model myself but I have spent $ in that game to get stuff that I didn't get with the base game. BDO will be no different. It is up to the individual player on how much they choose to spend not forced to spend.

No again you haven’t given me a successful Xbox game with pay 2 win you used start trek online which has less than 1000 players that’s not successful it’s a barren wasteland 100,000 sure that’s a somewhat success definitely not 1000 lol that means game is on life support.

1 hour ago, ScarecrowFTW said:

No again you haven’t given me a successful Xbox game with pay 2 win you used start trek online which has less than 1000 players that’s not successful it’s a barren wasteland 100,000 sure that’s a somewhat success definitely not 1000 lol that means game is on life support.

BDO doenst even have 100000 concurrent players...

Right and it falls under successful but not elite like wow ffxiv from a sub point active players count bdo definitely has more players than the 1000 people who play Star Trek online on Xbox I know I play it. It’s pretty low populated. Like WildStar had more players and shutdown. There’s been a big backlash on console gaming with microtransactions and stuff being put into games this last year the companies are getting greedy. TERA launched on Xbox less than a year ago people got to the cap found out at max level you pretty much need to buy stuff with cash to continue and the updates where to far apart and now it’s a ghost land.

8 hours ago, MakeumRage said:

BDO doenst even have 100000 concurrent players...

You mean western players? I honostly think bdo is very popular in the east, or atleast it was. This might be why they branching out to xbox and not sony. Because the eastern market is either saturated or uninterested.