Jump to content
Orisha

Pay to win!!!!

Recommended Posts

 you  all think that all the pay to win element will be implemented on bdx ,  I will hate that personally since its a pay to play game,  one of the most money grab its the pets since you will need five tier4 pets for end game grind, you start with  a base t1 and you keep breading that pet until it get to t4 , u may fail trying to get a t4 so will a total of 20 pet to get all five pet to t4. do the math ( lot of money)

that with out talking about weight, buying costume with rear money for crone stones, artisan memory etc. and costumes of course because dim tree armor( end game armor ) look ugly ass hell so you force to buy a $30 costume if you want to make your character look good.

of course you can play the game with out buying any of that, but good luck lol I try to play the game on pc with out spending money. get my striker up to 150ap 260dp , couldn't keep playing because the game was forcing me to buy weight and slot ,I was grinding on the desert and I was getting over weight very fast, and going to the closes town will take like 20min because in the desert your hour cant run. so I quit and been playing red redemption 2 since then lol 

what you all think

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think investing money in the game is optional but does give a huge quality of life increase.. you can as you say play without paying (except for the base game) but it will be hard going, but most of us are going into this knowing things like value packs costumes and pets will cost real money.

Personally I'm happy spending £20-50 on a game I play a lot each month.. I either do that or buy a new game each month ...it's my treat to myself for working, I've done the same with many other games like ESO warframe and neverwinter. 

I only really have an issue with paying when company's try to do it in a stealthy or sly way, I have no problem paying for a quality product that I enjoy using.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think that is pay to win,  I don't pay any real money on in-game items on any games. It's called grinding for it, yes it may take weeks but it is still do able without paying for it.  Those without patience will pay for crap that makes it easier for them to accomplish things,  that's just society nowadays. Look at the gold farmers in games,  people pay real money to someone else for playing the game getting the things they don't have the time to get for them.  It is obtainable without buying said items but it is not pay to win,  really should be pay because I'm lazy that is more accurate.  At least they dont have a boost your character to 61 coupon yet like blizzard does in Wow.  Then we would really see some crying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I really don’t see the game being P2W.But P2W means different things to different people.I see it a game selling weapons and armor in their cash shop that matches or exceeds the best I can get myself in a game.BDO doesn’t do that.If someone wants to spend all their money buying memory fragments so they can enhance or buy weight and bag space that doesn’t bother me.I look at like if I’m driving and someone passes me in a Ferrari like it’s nothing.Do I care? I don’t.Both still get you from point A to B just he’s going to get there faster.

Sure you can spend hundreds of dollars on this game in the pearl shop if you choose to do so,and I’m going to buy some things too.But I don’t plan on going crazy.Look at Fortnite,spending 10$ to 20$ on a skin doesn’t make you better.Does it make you look cooler? Yes

I’m just going to buy what I need,especially at first.Value packs,a few pets,weight and bag space as I need them,and a costume or two

Edited by Foreverrgamer87
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good point , but people who buy pear and spend rear money will always have an advantage then people who don't spend money , also you  can buy XP scrolls or bell  with pear and that will help reach level 61 faster then other people and get more skill point as well.

 

the game do not offer any way of getting mas inventory slot or weight in game unless you pay with rear money  and you can buy  skills costumes on the pear shop and it will give you extra XP wish means you will reach  high life skill level fast and you will be able to make more money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'll put my 2 cents in on the pay to win topic. Going to use the prices I remember to compare a few games, they're probably lower now since they're older than when I played or looked at them.

ESO around $50 to purchase the game, Must but every expansion pack around $40 had a $15 a month sub (now optional) has a cash shop

FF14 around $40 to purchase the game, Must buy every expansion pack around $40, has a $13 monthly sub, has a cash shop

WOW around $40 to purchase the game, Must buy every expansion pack around $40, has a $15 a month sub, has a cash shop

Ff14 and wow will cost you over $400 for two years minimum. Eso will cost a little over $100 if you buy the expansions but don't pay the optional sub.

BDO will most likely be $30 to buy (maybe as low as $10 but I doubt we'll get the low pc price for launch) nothing else ever required to buy.

Can you buy the base game and expect to be competitive with those who spend $100 total on the game? NO chance. Do you need to spend thousands like some people make it seem? NO! 

The advantage the player who buys a few pets, some inventory space, some weight, and maybe a branding stone for their fishing pole will be huge over a player who only buys the base game. The player who spends thousands and buys every last thing the cash shop has to offer will have a minimal advantage over the player who spends $100 on the game. 

 

Edited by Darthaden
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a few tips that might help your weight issues because even if you buy every ounce of weight you'll still have issues when grinding. 

1. Group up with at least 1 other person for special deals, you may lose some xp by being in a group with high ap but you can grind for longer and it's more fun anyway

2. bring a wagon to store your junk turn ins instead of running back to town when you hit 100% weight

3. buy all loyalties weight before buying anything else with loyalties.

On the pc one of my guild mates who played the same hours at me spent zero on the cash shop and could still grind Sausans for over a hour with me doing this. I could still grind for longer since I did buy weight but it did help his issues quite a bit having a good wagon close by

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Orisha said:

 you  all think that all the pay to win element will be implemented on bdx ,  I will hate that personally since its a pay to play game,  one of the most money grab its the pets since you will need five tier4 pets for end game grind, you start with  a base t1 and you keep breading that pet until it get to t4 , u may fail trying to get a t4 so will a total of 20 pet to get all five pet to t4. do the math ( lot of money)

that with out talking about weight, buying costume with rear money for crone stones, artisan memory etc. and costumes of course because dim tree armor( end game armor ) look ugly ass hell so you force to buy a $30 costume if you want to make your character look good.

of course you can play the game with out buying any of that, but good luck lol I try to play the game on pc with out spending money. get my striker up to 150ap 260dp , couldn't keep playing because the game was forcing me to buy weight and slot ,I was grinding on the desert and I was getting over weight very fast, and going to the closes town will take like 20min because in the desert your hour cant run. so I quit and been playing red redemption 2 since then lol 

what you all think

Im ok with p2w. I work so I dont get to play 14h a day like today's teens. If I can get an advantage, ill take it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s highly unlikely that it will be any different to how it is on PC.The Beta proved that with AFK skills and Workers being the same.

If it’s not the kind of game for you then don’t play it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

Im ok with p2w. I work so I dont get to play 14h a day like today's teens. If I can get an advantage, ill take it.

Yea

Edited by Jinxys
edit txt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daniel said:

You either pay or play 24/7, or do both

ill be paying plus afking when im not playing :ph34r:….

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 3:34 PM, Darthaden said:

I'll put my 2 cents in on the pay to win topic. Going to use the prices I remember to compare a few games, they're probably lower now since they're older than when I played or looked at them.

ESO around $50 to purchase the game, Must but every expansion pack around $40 had a $15 a month sub (now optional) has a cash shop

FF14 around $40 to purchase the game, Must buy every expansion pack around $40, has a $13 monthly sub, has a cash shop

WOW around $40 to purchase the game, Must buy every expansion pack around $40, has a $15 a month sub, has a cash shop

Ff14 and wow will cost you over $400 for two years minimum. Eso will cost a little over $100 if you buy the expansions but don't pay the optional sub.

BDO will most likely be $30 to buy (maybe as low as $10 but I doubt we'll get the low pc price for launch) nothing else ever required to buy.

Can you buy the base game and expect to be competitive with those who spend $100 total on the game? NO chance. Do you need to spend thousands like some people make it seem? NO! 

The advantage the player who buys a few pets, some inventory space, some weight, and maybe a branding stone for their fishing pole will be huge over a player who only buys the base game. The player who spends thousands and buys every last thing the cash shop has to offer will have a minimal advantage over the player who spends $100 on the game. 

 

No just no Ff14 has nothing in the cash shop other than cosmetics and mounts and the mounts are purely cosmetic you cannot buy gear for any level on there cash shop

Wows cash shop again has only mounts and there again cosmetic only no gear on there cash shop that impacts anything

BDO is literally a free to play that you have to buy to pay if you have to shell out cash for a buy to play the last thing you want to do is spend more for stuff you need in game. 

Dont even try to compare any of those games to this there not even in the same ballpark those are highly successful traditional mmos and this is Well BDO it’s not going to go over well on Xbox because the players aren’t going to buy and pay more later a year after launch it will be just like TERA on Xbox or onigiri or any other free mmorpg that’s launched on Xbox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ScarecrowFTW said:

No just no Ff14 has nothing in the cash shop other than cosmetics and mounts and the mounts are purely cosmetic you cannot buy gear for any level on there cash shop

Wows cash shop again has only mounts and there again cosmetic only no gear on there cash shop that impacts anything

BDO is literally a free to play that you have to buy to pay if you have to shell out cash for a buy to play the last thing you want to do is spend more for stuff you need in game. 

Dont even try to compare any of those games to this there not even in the same ballpark those are highly successful traditional mmos and this is Well BDO it’s not going to go over well on Xbox because the players aren’t going to buy and pay more later a year after launch it will be just like TERA on Xbox or onigiri or any other free mmorpg that’s launched on Xbox.

If you hate this game so much why are you even here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ScarecrowFTW said:

Dont even try to compare any of those games to this there not even in the same ballpark those are highly successful traditional mmos and this is Well BDO it’s not going to go over well on Xbox because the players aren’t going to buy and pay more later a year after launch it will be just like TERA on Xbox or onigiri or any other free mmorpg that’s launched on Xbox.

lol then you obviously haven't played Star Trek Online on Xbox. People shell out hundreds on lock boxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

These P2W shenanigans have been going on for quite a while and it's an endless conflict of opinions. In its' essence BDO is a sandbox game as in - You can do what you damn please, get money and progress regardless if you want to train horses, cook, fish or fight. There is no "end" to BDO, no "winning" to speak of. That said, there are few tiers to what you can buy. Essentially split as following:

DO NEED Category:

- Value Pack (Saves you 15% money in Marketplace, Extra Slots etc).

- Weight (At least the biggest +300Lt cause it runs so damn fast)

- Inventory Space (At least few, but you'll certainly find yourself wishing for full 190 slots for fishing, Marni stones etc.)

- Worker Loggings (Saves lot of CP that you can use elsewhere, constant CP buff)

- Pets (for buffs like Hedgehog for Gathering and ofc overall picking up stuff on high density areas which saves you incredible amount of time and nerves)

CONVENIENT Category:

- Costume for Cooking (Big increase to cooking speed which translates to more CP, more worker food, income from Imperial etc)

- Costume for grinding (Extra XP, Reducing damage to armor, XP Loss etc)

- Fairy (+Weight, Auto-Pot drinking),

- Napharn Tent (Buying buffs, storing stuff during grind, Repair anywhere)

- Maids (At least 3x Marketplace + 5x Storage for fast deposit / withdraw. Saves TONs of times in spots with bad accessibility of Vendors like Desert areas)

- Camo (name invisible to other players, gives mild advantage in PVP as you will not be so easily detectable)

TRY-HARD Category (borderline P2W)

- Artisan Memories (save TON OF TIME from having to get so many Memory Fragments)

- Costumes for Melting / Selling (instant Silver for $ if you sell, "Free" enchanting attempts for $)

 

That said we don't even know what will our Pearl Store look like and what will be included in our version of BD now (and going forward). PC Version got it all and still is successful. I know people who are Top Tier without spending more than for the "need category" and they are certainly not behind. 

Edited by Grammaticus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there is a lot of people here that are ok with spending a lot of money  on a game just be get better then other , and I'm ok with that, is your money after all.  but  if you think that bdo its not  pay to win you out of your mind.

pay to win is not just buying  best weapons with real money, it paying real money to get and advantage over the rest of the players that actually spend the hours learning and playing the game.  like xp scrolls, inventory slots, buying costumes and selling them on the mp for silver , if that its not pay to win idk what it is .

this game it will probably die on a year or so , due the player base been different then pc players ,  most of pc player are adult with rear jobs or you tuber with 5k views and earning 20 dollar every video , so they have money to spend on the game  and  pc released a new game once every century , but console it more like 90% kid who got a console for his birthday and will start crying every time he get pk grinding at crescent  or fogans  and console got game releasing all year long and once the  players start failing to tri 50 times ,tet 100 time and pen 300 time  they will probably  leave to something else, like anthem  maybe.

the game is fun , badass combat system and it look good . but kind of boring  at end game personally . all you do is grind over and over just to end  blowing  your gear but fun if you don't mind killing people, that what I do on pc for a fun 2 hours game play.

I will be playing the game on console ,it will be better playing on my bed then seating on a chair after all  of course I won't be spending money I leave that to you all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 3:34 PM, Darthaden said:

I'll put my 2 cents in on the pay to win topic. Going to use the prices I remember to compare a few games, they're probably lower now since they're older than when I played or looked at them.

ESO around $50 to purchase the game, Must but every expansion pack around $40 had a $15 a month sub (now optional) has a cash shop

FF14 around $40 to purchase the game, Must buy every expansion pack around $40, has a $13 monthly sub, has a cash shop

WOW around $40 to purchase the game, Must buy every expansion pack around $40, has a $15 a month sub, has a cash shop

Ff14 and wow will cost you over $400 for two years minimum. Eso will cost a little over $100 if you buy the expansions but don't pay the optional sub.

BDO will most likely be $30 to buy (maybe as low as $10 but I doubt we'll get the low pc price for launch) nothing else ever required to buy.

Can you buy the base game and expect to be competitive with those who spend $100 total on the game? NO chance. Do you need to spend thousands like some people make it seem? NO! 

The advantage the player who buys a few pets, some inventory space, some weight, and maybe a branding stone for their fishing pole will be huge over a player who only buys the base game. The player who spends thousands and buys every last thing the cash shop has to offer will have a minimal advantage over the player who spends $100 on the game. 

 

this dude just compared bdo to the big titan wow and ff14 lol bdo can't even get closed to guild war 2 my man and none of this games are pay to win..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Orisha said:

*lots of assumptions* ...

I find it entertaining how you discourage other people from playing the game stating that it's P2W, yet on second breath you say that you played it on PC and enjoyed it to the point that you are now moving to Xbox to also have fun entirely without spending cash.

If you think that Pay to Win equals XP Scrolls or Inventory Space, your idea of "winning" is bit different than your average "Joe". Sure there are some aspects that help you that are available in PC Pearl Store (which don't even necessarily have to be introduced here), but it's a long way to go if you think anyone will make it to Siege scene via selling costumes. You make quite a lot of Grinding to the point where Costume Selling gets very unnecessary and uneconomical.

Also - You'd be surprised how many adults have consoles exactly because they have normal job and don't want to build and maintain gaming PC when you can just buy a box that you enjoy with your living room TV. I'd go as far as to say that there are more kids on PC than here. BD will be hands-on the best MMO on Consoles, there is no doubt in my mind that it has years ahead of itself.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Grammaticus said:

I find it entertaining how you discourage other people from playing the game stating that it's P2W, yet on second breath you say that you played it on PC and enjoyed it to the point that you are now moving to Xbox to also have fun entirely without spending cash.

If you think that Pay to Win equals XP Scrolls or Inventory Space, your idea of "winning" is bit different than your average "Joe". Sure there are some aspects that help you that are available in PC Pearl Store (which don't even necessarily have to be introduced here), but it's a long way to go if you think anyone will make it to Siege scene via selling costumes. You make quite a lot of Grinding to the point where Costume Selling gets very unnecessary and uneconomical.

Also - You'd be surprised how many adults have consoles exactly because they have normal job and don't want to build and maintain gaming PC when you can just buy a box that you enjoy with your living room TV. I'd go as far as to say that there are more kids on PC than here. BD will be hands-on the best MMO on Consoles, there is no doubt in my mind that it has years ahead of itself.

I don't discourage anyone from playing, I never said don't play the game , you make your own choices  and is a fun game, I was just wondering if it was going to be the same  cash grab as pc since  kakao  is not part of bdx . and I will hate that  but there is nothing I can do.  i'm I playing bdx , yes , is  a  fun game , the pvp , the cattle siege , node war . life skilling and yes it will be the best mmo on console so far, I'm I find with the cash grab "NO". but  players don't have to spend money to just play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only real p2w problem we might face is if theres no restriction of the number of pearl items a person can sell in a given time.  

Early on in the MENA server we had a very wealthy player spend well over 15000 usd in a single night, he then bough out the marketplace because he could. Not an item or two, at that point he cleared out every piece of armor, weapons, and accessories.  

The average bank of a dedicated player was ~100-150 mil at the time and Summer posted a screen shot of ~14 bil silver.

That is a rare case of course but it's a good example of what can happen if there is no check on the sale of pearl items.

Anyone with old or oil money can crash the economy at any time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Orisha said:

this dude just compared bdo to the big titan wow and ff14 lol bdo can't even get closed to guild war 2 my man and none of this games are pay to win..

Yeah the difference is you have the option to pay in bdo while while the other two your forced to pay. 

 

And lets be real ff14 isn't any bigger than BDO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

And just to be clear I was comparing the amount the games cost over 2 years. I would never compare gameplay of bdo to a slow boring game like ff14 or a give me everything for zero effort game like wow

 

And yes 2 years of wow will cost you around $440 

$40 for the current expansion

$40 for the next expansion

$360 for the monthly sub for two years

More if you buy a level boost or choose to sell game time on the auction house

Edited by Darthaden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...