Harming

Ultimate Pack breakdown.

image.thumb.png.cc023f5c25a2d6ae2a59e14eabcd3273.png

For anyone looking to start with the ultimate pack I would like to help you get the most for your $ out of the items included.

Here are my suggestions / tips on how to use this pack effectively:

The Costume:

Your costume will be character bound (if it follows the standard of other versions). Make sure to open this on your main character. This will grant you a combat exp buff (among other lesser buffs) and save you a 30$ purchase further down the road.

The 90 day value pack:

The main draw of this pack is that you will receive a lesser tax on selling items in the market place (meaning you'll make more overall silver).  It also has some smaller features that differ based on region, for example some versions include Merves pallet (unlimited dyeing of items with all colors) while some reigns sell this separately. 

If you are looking to play the game heavily this is a must have, and starting with 3 months is a great boost.

The 2 pets:

Pets are essential for grinding in BDO and getting a small boost in the beginning can make all the difference. These 2 pets should hold you over until you begin grinding for silver (around Calpheon).  

I would recommend sticking with these 2 pets, and buying one additional t1 pet (with some of the pearls given in the pack) as the first thing you do in game once you have access to the store. Run with these 3 pets until you begin the silver grind ~lvl50 then look to upgrade to 3 T3 pets (with your remaining pearls). As we gain access to Media you may want to look into grabbing a 4th and 5th T3 pet once you begin the Sausan grind.

The Horse:

The horse will be decent for leveling but quickly become useless (unless you hit the horse lottery off the bat).

Once you are grinding silver your first major purchase should be a horse with Instant Accell, Drift, and Sprint. 

Keep your eyes on the horse market (I recommend checking every time you bank) for a horse with this skill combination. This horse will speed up your travel time significantly, decreasing down time in every aspect of the game.

Horse Armor / Wagon skin:

Both cosmetic, no real function

10 x exp scrolls:

New players will be tempted to blow these out of the gate to get to 50 quickly :AVOID this trap: 

Save these scrolls until you are set up to grind silver in a solid rotation. You will get way more mileage out of these once you have your weight upgrades, a fast horse for banking, and a rotation where you can kill endlessly for the entire duration of the scroll.

Horse Flute:

Allows you to call your horse from further away. Useful but by no means necessary. A nice quality of life item.  

Storage maid:

You can lace this item in any player owned house (bought with CP). The maid will allow you to bank one item every so often in the bank of the region the house is located in. 

These are particularly useful in mass (20+ maids) to extend grind trips indefinitely (limited only by gear repairs) but this method is expensive.

Having one will allow you pull potions from storage remotely in the case of node wars which can be invaluable.

* Note * You can pick up the maid and move it to a home in a new reigon at any time to allow yourself access to the bank in that region.

3000 Pearls:

Without seeing the prices of items there are a few recommendations on how to spend this initial batch.

First you will want to buy a 3rd pet right out of the gate. Having 3 pets from the start means you are both collecting all loot as you level and you are leveling up those 3 pets, making the more efficient once you begin silver grinding.

If you plan to grind heavily , and know that your current character will be you main, feel free to grab all of your weight upgrades. The more you can carry the longer your grind trips will be meaning less downtime and more profit. *note* Weight is character bound. Only do this if you plan to stick to only this character.

If you do not buy your weight you will have plenty of pearls left by the time you hit 50. At this point you will want to dump these into buying more pets(of the same category) to smash together.

Your goal at this point will be to get 3 T3 pets. (eventually aiming for 5 T3 pets by the time Media launches).

You can go for T4 pets if you dont mind spending large sums of money for a slight advantage (roughly 100$ USD per T4 pet). T4 pets will pick up loot instantly instead of waiting a second to begin collecting. Other than the instant grab T3 pets have the same pickup rate as T3 pets.

And the best for last 72 hours of early access:

This is easily the most valuable thing we get with the pack. For this section though I will tell you to do some research, create a plan. Jump on to one of the PC versions and figure out what is possible with a new character of your class in 72 hours. This will set you ahead of the pack by miles (the snowball effect). I wont be giving out my plan here on the forums but highly suggest you create your own. 

I hope this helps some of you interested in buying this pack.

See you all in there!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Harming said:

For anyone looking to start with the ultimate pack I would like to help you get the most for your $ out of the items included.

The Costume:

Your costume will be character bound (if it follows the standard of other versions). Make sure to open this on your main character. This will grant you a combat exp buff (among other lesser buffs) and save you a 30$ purchase further down the road.

The 90 day value pack:

The main draw of this pack is that you will receive a lesser tax on selling items in the market place (meaning you'll make more overall silver).  It also has some smaller features that differ based on region, for example some versions include Merves pallet (unlimited dyeing of items with all colors) while some reigns sell this separately. 

If you are looking to play the game heavily this is a must have, and starting with 3 months is a great boost.

The 2 pets:

Pets are essential for grinding in BDO and getting a small boost in the beginning can make all the difference. These 2 pets should hold you over until you begin grinding for silver (around Calpheon).  

I would recommend sticking with these 2 pets, and buying one additional t1 pet (with some of the pearls given in the pack) as the first thing you do in game once you have access to the store. Run with these 3 pets until you begin the silver grind ~lvl50 then look to upgrade to 3 T3 pets (with your remaining pearls). As we gain access to Media you may want to look into grabbing a 4th and 5th T3 pet once you begin the Sausan grind.

The Horse:

The horse will be decent for leveling but quickly become useless (unless you hit the horse lottery off the bat).

Once you are grinding silver your first major purchase should be a horse with Instant Accell, Drift, and Sprint. 

Keep your eyes on the horse market (I recommend checking every time you bank) for a horse with this skill combination. This horse will speed up your travel time significantly, decreasing down time in every aspect of the game.

10 x exp scrolls:

New players will be tempted to blow these out of the gate to get to 50 quickly :AVOID this trap: 

Save these scrolls until you are set up to grind silver in a solid rotation. You will get way more mileage out of these once you have your weight upgrades, a fast horse for banking, and a rotation where you can kill endlessly for the entire duration of the scroll.

Horse Flute:

Allows you to call your horse from further away. Useful but by no means necessary. A nice quality of life item.  

Storage maid:

You can lace this item in any player owned house (bought with CP). The maid will allow you to bank one item every so often in the bank of the region the house is located in. 

These are particularly useful in mass (20+ maids) to extend grind trips indefinitely (limited only by gear repairs) but this method is expensive.

Having one will allow you pull potions from storage remotely in the case of node wars which can be invaluable.

* Note * You can pick up the maid and move it to a home in a new reigon at any time to allow yourself access to the bank in that region.

3000 Pearls:

Without seeing the prices of items there are a few recommendations on how to spend this initial batch.

First you will want to buy a 3rd pet right out of the gate. Having 3 pets from the start means you are both collecting all loot as you level and you are leveling up those 3 pets, making the more efficient once you begin silver grinding.

If you plan to grind heavily , and know that your current character will be you main, feel free to grab all of your weight upgrades. The more you can carry the longer your grind trips will be meaning less downtime and more profit. *note* Weight is character bound. Only do this if you plan to stick to only this character.

If you do not buy your weight you will have plenty of pearls left by the time you hit 50. At this point you will want to dump these into buying more pets(of the same category) to smash together.

Your goal at this point will be to get 3 T3 pets. (eventually aiming for 5 T3 pets by the time Media launches).

You can go for T4 pets if you dont mind spending large sums of money for a slight advantage (roughly 100$ USD per T4 pet). T4 pets will pick up loot instantly instead of waiting a second to begin collecting. Other than the instant grab T3 pets have the same pickup rate as T3 pets.

This is easily the most valuable thing we get with the pack. For this section though I will tell you to do some research, create a plan. Jump on to one of the PC versions and figure out what is possible with a new character of your class in 72 hours. This will set you ahead of the pack by miles (the snowball effect). I wont be giving out my plan here on the forums but highly suggest you create your own. 

See you all in there!

God I missed u

#littlebithomo

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If your going to do trade the horse/ wagon costume does have some benefit though it's  pretty minimal. The Flute I would say is mandatory if you plan on over stacking crates 

@Darthadenon pc you never needed a flute. Was a nifty thing if you caled the horse, it would follow you as long as it didnt catch up to you. So youd go 2-3 feet then call it and auto path run to your trade in place and horse would follow all the way lmao. Hope bdx has this as well. Horse flute does make it easy as you can run very far and still call it. 

That being said, if you plan on doing anything in game seriously and not socially the 100$ pack is the only option for you. Otherwise youll spend more money eventually to get the same stuff later. 

2 hours ago, Harming said:

The Costume:

The 90 day value pack:

The 2 pets:

The Horse:

10 x exp scrolls:

Horse Flute:

Storage maid:

3000 Pearls:

See you all in there!

Why does it say the release date is February 28 on the Xbox site?

So it's worth the £65 then? I'm very much one of those strictly F2P guys who will take a grind over opening the wallet but even I'm tempted with how much they're actually giving me here from day one. God I hate one character access content though (they ALL seem to bloody well do this these days lol).

3 minutes ago, Skode said:

So it's worth the £65 then? I'm very much one of those strictly F2P guys who will take a grind over opening the wallet but even I'm tempted with how much they're actually giving me here from day one. God I hate one character access content though (they ALL seem to bloody well do this these days lol).

Yes you are getting roughly ~200 USD worth of in game items for ~100 USD not including the early access, which is invaluable.  This is a very good pack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Harming said:

Yes you are getting roughly ~200 USD worth of in game items for ~100 USD not including the early access, which is invaluable.  This is a very good pack.

I agree the packs are very well made which is the only good thing that came out from PA in the last 24 hours.

The maid tho.. id rather have a market maid tbh

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

I agree the packs are very well made which is the only good thing that came out from PA in the last 24 hours.

The storage maid will be great for my gathering alts. Will be nice being able to just park a alt at Pilgrims once that content comes out with a few dozen picks and just leave him there for a month 

14 minutes ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

You get a free maid at level 52 from a special quest through black Spirit. You can pick between storage or transaction. (Assuming it’ll be like that for Xbox) 

I think the most important part of the message is the fact we are getting quite few Pay for Convenience features right off the bat - Value Pack, Costumes, Pets, Storage Maids.. 

I wonder what other features will be part of the Pearl Store from the beginning and how the pricing will look like. 

Most interested in PC BDO newest features like: Fairy, Naphart Tent and  (oldschool) Artisan Memories.

Also it'd be great if we had the new Pet-Exchange system where it's much easier to get T4s.

• Like 1

I see alot of pics for the Shudad Classic Armor set online but they seem to differ slightly,   I'm mainly looking for pics of what it would look like on Ranger or Witch on xbox.   Thanks for any help!

Thank you for this great advice, Harming! I bought the ultimate pack and I’ve learned to save those exp scrolls. Looking forward to more helpful advice from you and others in the future! Thanks again!

• Like 2

Yep, saved all of my xp scrolls on pc as well. There is no need to use them right away. 72 hr head start is less than the 90+ for the Conqueror's Edition but there is also 500 more pearls. You can get a massive amount done in 72 hours. I was well into farming in half that time during the beta. 

I think Harming is one of my favorite people on this forum, so much advice, and all of it logically seems really good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great advice all around.One thing I would like to add is those players that are looking to invest heavily into fishing,cooking,or processing early on consider spending the pearls on the costumes that help with each skill.

• Like 2

Is the ultimate bundle still worth it for a casual who just want to play a bit and enjoy the grind on/off with min/maxing?! 

19 minutes ago, malixoxo said:

Is the ultimate bundle still worth it for a casual who just want to play a bit and enjoy the grind on/off with min/maxing?! 

100% even as a casual you'll want the pets, the 90 day value pack, the T5 horse (this will be replace before long but it's MUCH better than the donkey you'd normally get for your first mount),  3000 pearls (for more pets  and weight) and those items there plus the game would be right around $100. The other items aren't as needed, for a casual player but why not get them as a bonus to what your going to need anyway.....and the costume, horse gear, and wagon skin all will look 1000x better than the non cash shop stuff 

This is all assuming your sure you'll be playing for awhile. If your unsure than you might be better off with the entry level pack, just depends on how much money your willing to risk if your not sure on a game. I will say 100% don't waste your time with the mid pack, if your sure buy the ultimate, if your not and don't want to risk $100 then buy the entry level pack. 

Edited by Darthaden

5 minutes ago, Darthaden said:

100% even as a casual you'll want the pets, the 90 day value pack, the T5 horse (this will be replace before long but it's MUCH better than the donkey you'd normally get for your first mount),  3000 pearls (for more pets  and weight) and those items there plus the game would be right around $100. The other items aren't as needed, for a casual player but why not get them as a bonus to what your going to need anyway.....and the costume, horse gear, and wagon skin all will look 1000x better than the non cash shop stuff 

This is all assuming your sure you'll be playing for awhile. If your unsure than you might be better off with the entry level pack, just depends on how much money your willing to risk if your not sure on a game. I will say 100% don't waste your time with the mid pack, if your sure buy the ultimate, if your not and don't want to risk $100 then buy the entry level pack. 

Will play definitely and hoard stuff for my ninja but will maybe only get 5-10hours to play a month. Busy with job/kids and still want to Play other games too

If your plan is to only play 5-10 hours a month I think your best bet would be to just buy the intro pack and a couple pets. You won't be on enough to really take advantage of the value pack.

If you plan on playing more when the ninja comes out then It might still be worth it depending on your budget though I don't think the costume will be usable by the ninja. If this is your plan I'd save the value packs, xp scrolls, and flute for that time if you choose to go this route. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/11/2019 at 5:36 PM, malixoxo said:

Will play definitely and hoard stuff for my ninja but will maybe only get 5-10hours to play a month. Busy with job/kids and still want to Play other games too

Id stay away from any pack and buy base game.

The p2w aspects are meant for people who can play 3-5 hours a day catch up to those who spend double that time. So if you intend to play 10h a month I see no reason to invest any money to utilities.

Maybe some cool costumes to look bad ass while you play.

On 1/11/2019 at 10:36 AM, malixoxo said:

My advice is buy the biggest pack possible and throw extra money at the game. You wont be top tier, but with constant xp scrolls you can stay relevant enough. And you might find your wanting to play other games less and less