Sign in to follow this  
Dr INF3NRO

Disappointed but not surprised

Posted (edited)

Hey guys,

So I know many are happy that we finally got a release date and along with that we got some pretty good pre-order packs which im definitely getting later on February. But this is aint about it.

Yes im mad but that's not what I wish to convey here, this is more of a story that will disappear in a few hours or days within the pages of the general section.

This is what I want to say,

I woke up today at 5 am to get some water and I realized that the announcement has been made. I checked the site and saw the packs, skimmed through and went back to bed, only to find out I couldn't fall asleep. My heart was racing and I couldn't stop thinking about it. After about 30min of no sleep I decided to get some coffee and check up some more info. And thats when it slapped me.

March 4th release.

A slap is a nice way of putting how I felt in that moment and here's why..

A lot of us have tuned in to 2017's E3 event where we heard PA is going to announce an xbox release. It was huge for me as I played black desert on PC but decided to invest into xbox after my laptop broke. This was HUGE for me and many others. An early 2018 release was announced. A long wait began.

March 2018 the forums opened up and the hype began as a small group was active and talked about bdo along with myself. We constantly told people to be patient and play something else until the release because everyone wanted information to the point of spam. We had Simon for company which gave what he could which was never enough. A delay was announced for fall 2018..The wait continued.

Nov 2018 was the beta and thats where we were most ecstatic as we finally got a hold of the game after all the waiting. I had my wife change regions on my xbox and download the game while I was at work. I ran the stairs when I got home like a mad man and was glued to the screen all night. Admiring and finally having fun on BDX.

The beta came and gone swiftly, we were only left with a "stay tuned" notice with no news for weeks. It felt like a drug withdraw and we needed our fix. We were desperate.

A word was finally given about release information on the 7th of January. Many hoped to play the game before 2019..

The past 2 weeks were hard. Every day passing slowly bringing us closer to what we desired for so long and then it finally hit. Only to be told we need to wait another 2 whole months. Thats an entire year in this forum and more than that since the E3 announcement..

I saddens me to say that I will join the game with a sour taste and a feeling that I was cheated of my time. It may have been simple for some they see this as an exaggeration on my part. It might be, its just how I feel and I know for a fact im not the only one.

So thats that.

Cheers..

R14kkDj.png.cc0d80914a1b46093802138d726e6cea.png

Edited by Dr INF3NRO
Typing on a smartphone is hard kek
  • Like 10

You know i  dont feel cheated. I left discord chat after early december and went ahd been playing other games.  So took a vacation from bdx..my store prreorder due to early accesss feb 28 , about 7 weeks... I have game pass with anthem preorder should have lots to play. I know we were waiting just for this date now we have 7 weeks more, but time will.go faster,,if you take a mental break from bdx. 

They had to say something in late December due to the hate on forums, so they decided to make a smart trick, with "more info 7th" to calm users down. 

Now people are happy for the pre-order without noticing the way they have been cheated and the game delayed for another two months.

Guess what would happen if they said release march, in December :V 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sunstar said:

You know i  dont feel cheated. I left discord chat after early december and went ahd been playing other games.  So took a vacation from bdx..my store prreorder due to early accesss feb 28 , about 7 weeks... I have game pass with anthem preorder should have lots to play. I know we were waiting just for this date now we have 7 weeks more, but time will.go faster,,if you take a mental break from bdx. 

You won't have access 28th of Feb ..you have misunderstood the early access..early access starts on the 1st for ultimate pack 2nd for the dulux and on the 3rd for standard, with official launch on the 4th. 

• Like 1

It honestly requires skill to mess up and fumble as many times as this game has.. hoping the game is better then the constant fumbling leading up to it

7 hours ago, Elder Cog said:

You won't have access 28th of Feb ..you have misunderstood the early access..early access starts on the 1st for ultimate pack 2nd for the dulux and on the 3rd for standard, with official launch on the 4th. 

Nope checked again store my preorder 5pm feb 28, the next pack 5 pm mar 1st, stan mar 2nd 5 pm. This is like here in western sd, the 7 th today but preorder started yesterday the 6th. This store is giving me this date ahd time, due to korea is a day ahead of us,and time zone differences. 

59 minutes ago, sunstar said:

Nope checked again store my preorder 5pm feb 28, the next pack 5 pm mar 1st, stan mar 2nd 5 pm. This is like here in western sd, the 7 th today but preorder started yesterday the 6th. This store is giving me this date ahd time, due to korea is a day ahead of us,and time zone differences. 

What does Korea to do with this. It's NA and EU store, please post screenshot, haven't seen 28th anywhere

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

What does Korea to do with this. It's NA and EU store, please post screenshot, haven't seen 28th anywhere

bdxue.PNG

33 minutes ago, Tr3nch said:

bdxue.PNG

That's on US Xbox store website? 

IM IN SEATTLE AND I GET 2/28/2019 RELEASED WITH THE UTILMATED  EDITION . I WAS ABLE TO CHECK THE PREORDER PACKAGES LAST NIGHT THE 6TH

Im just happy for a date. I've never been as upset as the lot of you, but there have been disappointments, and i'm just glad to actually have something solid. 

Says February 28th 7pm est for me "United States" on the $99.99, for the $49.99 it says March 1st and the $29.99 says March 2nd this all says for usa it could be different for all countries 

• Like 1

I'm quite fine with the delay if it's because of optimization & bug fixes. Always better to postpone a bit than releasing unstable version that'd chase people away right off the bat. Hard to make second "first impression".

• Like 1

I feel sorta like you do. After playing the beta (my first ever taste of BD), I could not wait for a release date! I feel like I had to give up hope on it. But then, we got the Jan 7th pre-order announcement with the release date coming on Jan 7th as well. First thing I did today was see when the release date was. And unfortunately for me, it coincides with my wedding date, which means I’ll be missing out on all of the pre-access stuff (I ordered the Ultimate pack) while busy being out of town. 

BUT, I can see thru all of this and just know I will be content as ever on March 5th when I will finally be able to download and play BDX. The wait will be worth it, because I know they have been working hard and delivering is the best possible product. It’s hard being patient but very much worth it! 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Daniel said:

That's on US Xbox store website? 

Yes, its is but it will show your region's date and time. You guys dont know where you are from but i am in the us on mountain standard time. You did remember that february is only 28 days long? Right now its the 7th here, order info came availlable for me yesterday the 6th at 5pm. The 28 is the last day of february, so the store is not off, just we tend to forget the world is divided into time zones...they were celebrating new years before it ever reached the americas lol crazy huh 

Edited by sunstar

If you thought it would be any sooner idk what to say to you lol

If we pre order packs are we able to download it early so when it goes live we can start playing instead of waiting hours for it to download then play? 

Early access for the ultimate pack goes live at 00:00am UTC on March 1st. It releases at that time for all regions which means NA will technically get it on Feb 28th due to time zone differences. 

• Like 2

Managed to get my vacation changed to the first week of march so I'm happy now........though these next 8 weeks are going to take forever

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Beond said:

If you thought it would be any sooner idk what to say to you lol

Didn't you just brag how the release will be this month 🤨

our boi beond knew already weeks ago about another delay 😲

Edited by Daniel
  • Haha 1

See i am happy and gutted at the same time myself.

I am happy that we can finally preorder this game and that we finally have a release date so we can holidays booked and what not, but i am gutted because i feel like they could have picked a better date to actually release the game instead of inbetween anthem releasing and the division 2 releasing.

Dont get me wrong aswell as having anthem and the division 2 preordered i have also preordered black desert aswell as i have waited so long for this game to come to xbox so now i will need to find the time to try grind and try to stay up to date with gear and everything else and i know its going to be really hard

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kajiru said:

See i am happy and gutted at the same time myself.

I am happy that we can finally preorder this game and that we finally have a release date so we can holidays booked and what not, but i am gutted because i feel like they could have picked a better date to actually release the game instead of inbetween anthem releasing and the division 2 releasing.

Dont get me wrong aswell as having anthem and the division 2 preordered i have also preordered black desert aswell as i have waited so long for this game to come to xbox so now i will need to find the time to try grind and try to stay up to date with gear and everything else and i know its going to be really hard

Yeah I was on the fence with Anthem but I decided to preorder so I could try the VIP Beta. Will determine if I keep it or not. I agree it is a bad release slot but it is what it is I suppose. I just can not pass on BDX. I would have preferred a January launch. 

11 hours ago, Tr3nch said:

Yeah I was on the fence with Anthem but I decided to preorder so I could try the VIP Beta. Will determine if I keep it or not. I agree it is a bad release slot but it is what it is I suppose. I just can not pass on BDX. I would have preferred a January launch. 

See i agree i cannot pass up on bdx either thats why i just went with the standard edition because most of my xmas money has went on anthem and the division 2 and i had £30 left so that went to bdx.  So now i will just habe to find the time to play and stream all 3 games hahaha

9 minutes ago, kajiru said:

See i agree i cannot pass up on bdx either thats why i just went with the standard edition because most of my xmas money has went on anthem and the division 2 and i had £30 left so that went to bdx.  So now i will just habe to find the time to play and stream all 3 games hahaha

Yeah I know the feeling. Streaming just two of them is hard enough but to choose between three? Na. I may get TD2 later on down the road but I good with these two.

• Like 1