Lawd Aizen

Will the ultimate edition be enough?

I've heard this game is really grindy and that putting extra money greatly increases the quality of life. So O was wondering if I bought the Ultimate Edition would I need to put more money into the game or would that be enough? Also what should I buy with the pearls from the ultimate edition?

It will be enough for a few monthsbut these type of games you will need to put more in as it goes along most likely

If you manage to get at least 3 t3 pets and some weight increases off the I initial batch, and you plan to grind for most of your income. The ultimate package is enough to hold you over.  You'll passively get extra pets from login and event rewards to fill your 4th and 5th slot by the time you'll need them.

It's not 100% optimal but more then enough to get you going and playing comfortably. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If you want the best possible cash items then prepare your plastic card. For casual, it will be enough

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Lawd Aizen said:

I've heard this game is really grindy and that putting extra money greatly increases the quality of life. So O was wondering if I bought the Ultimate Edition would I need to put more money into the game or would that be enough? Also what should I buy with the pearls from the ultimate edition?

No. It will be great for 3-6 months depending how much you play. But youll need an additional 30-50$ to get the most out of the game. Thats excluding monthly peral packs, maids, and cosmetics. Artisians memorys to be lazy, and valks cry are a whole different ball game entirely too... 

11 hours ago, Harming said:

If you manage to get at least 3 t3 pets and some weight increases off the I initial batch, and you plan to grind for most of your income. The ultimate package is enough to hold you over.  You'll passively get extra pets from login and event rewards to fill your 4th and 5th slot by the time you'll need them.

It's not 100% optimal but more then enough to get you going and playing comfortably. 

T3 pets won't be needed at launch, they'd be nice for the extra bonuses but you won't kill fast enough with +15 and under green gear to make them a requirement for grinding.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Darthaden said:

T3 pets won't be needed at launch, they'd be nice for the extra bonuses but you won't kill fast enough with +15 and under green gear to make them a requirement for grinding.

If we have the Calpheon region that would depend on your main grind location.

If your looking to farm MOS then t2's will get you by since the area contains smaller packs of higher DP mobs.

If your farming Witch earrings then youll need the t3's to keep up if your clearing efficiently in rotation.

Cats would also need t3's to keep up for relic or exp grinding.

For Ser /calph shrine you can get away with t2's, unless your abusing the grab ko's on zerk or blizzard / meteor farming on a  witch / wiz, then youll need t3's.

Treants for belt farming will need t3's.

Going for ogre ring drops one t1 would be fine :P

Those are the main farmable areas for the Calpheon content. 

* this is all assuming your efficient and in rotation * 

Warriors will grind a bit slower in every situation, allowing them to get away with lower tier pets.

Ranger / Witch / Wiz/ Zerk will be the fastest and benefit the most from t3/4's.

Sorc is mid range , slightly above war but bellow the others in grind speed.

Edited by Harming

14 hours ago, MakeumRage said:

No. It will be great for 3-6 months depending how much you play. But youll need an additional 30-50$ to get the most out of the game. Thats excluding monthly peral packs, maids, and cosmetics. Artisians memorys to be lazy, and valks cry are a whole different ball game entirely too... 

The value packs are $15 USD a month, correct? What makes the value packs necessary?

11 minutes ago, Lawd Aizen said:

The value packs are $15 USD a month, correct? What makes the value packs necessary?

They reduce the market place tax, meaning you make more silver from everything you sell with it.  It makes a huge difference. Basically a soft subscription that your at a huge disadvantage without. 

On 1/7/2019 at 8:42 PM, Lawd Aizen said:

Imo its not enough. Its a great starter for your first 1-2 weeks but since the end game of black desert is exponentially huge, you will need to invest more money or spend time. A lot of time. If you can invest both, great. If u cant spend neither, you will not be competitive enough to enjoy PvP.

6 hours ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

Imo its not enough. Its a great starter for your first 1-2 weeks but since the end game of black desert is exponentially huge, you will need to invest more money or spend time. A lot of time. If you can invest both, great. If u cant spend neither, you will not be competitive enough to enjoy PvP.

If I don't spend a ton of time or money will the game not be fun for me?

1 minute ago, Lawd Aizen said:

Can't say for sure as everyone has different ideas of what's fun but you can easily play casual as long as your not worried about topping the leader board or interested in being in a top PvP guild.

• Like 1

If you dont want to be in top 50 or smt, ultimate pack is enough for a long time. But spending time is necessary. This is a korean mmorpg, you should ready for grinding a lot.

3 hours ago, Lawd Aizen said:

Value packs increase sales profit, increase weight, increase inventory and storage slots, allow you to dye and wear all colors in game. To answer the second question, you can have fun without spending money. As long as you dont mind half your time being used to manage inventory, pick up loots and run back to and from town and stuff like that. If you dont mind those things youll probably be okay. Thats also if you dont mind not being competitive or understanding youll have to play twice as much twice as hard to be. That being said,

for an additional 100$ plus the 100$ pack youd be set. 200$ total really isnt that much for a game that will last you years if youd like. That should get you everything you need as far as pets, weight, and inventory to fully enjoy what id call the game and not waste most of your time running to and from a wagon and town and other things. Ultimately it will be up to you and what you want from the game to decide if you can have fun or not. I know PC players who paid 10 and only that and love it. They just dont mind the time it takes to deal with the drawbacks and are t racing against anyone. 

• Like 1

I joined on PC really late, only made it to level 56 in after about 3 months of owning the game and had fun doing it. I'd still be having fun doing it if i fixed my computer. So yes, you can still not invest much time or money and have blast. The game is what you make it.

• Like 3

Its enough to hold you over for the version that is launching. Ultimately, you would still spend some money on extra inventory slots, weight increases, and pets. That will be further down the line though.