Rok_Klimer

Prediction: BDX will cost $10 USD after release

Prediction: BDX will have a base cost of $10 USD after release with the $29.99 & $59.99 packs as additional options.

Pre-Order packs for PC NA were as follows:

image.png.f8531d9426e0e083d3a8ffd1feace156.png

NA PC Packs available today:

image.png.8c7475fdf61b06d711ef56a9b4c7b510.png

So my thinking is I will wait and see, then probably spend $10 for the game, then buy 2 or 3 pets from the pearl shop. After earning some loyalties for misc things and seeing what is offered from a few events(fingers crossed for pets as event rewards) then we can decide what to buy from the pearl shop vs what to try to buy from the market or just live without.

I'm interested in any PC veterans opinions on buying pre-order packs vs buying exactly what you need. From my perspective, I would rather buy the base game, and the most important pearl items(pets) then have a pre-order and still need to buy pets. 

In the history of the NA PC version, has there been good sales on the Pearl shop items, if so, did they ever discount the good stuff like pets, costumes, outfits?

Talk amongst yourselves...

As a veteran player I can put it simple to you:

If you plan to be hardcore/semi-hardcore pvp player: $100 pre order pack is a must buy

If you plan to be casual player: $30 pre order pack

If you plan to play from time to time while you player other games: don't buy (cuz you need a LOT of time into BDO until it can be really enjoyable) or wait until the prices go down

• Like 2

The packs are most definitely worth it, and are probably the best value I've ever seen for a preorder bundle.

All the items given are of good use to you in your adventures and you will probably end up buying most, if not all, of the items further down the road.

Bear in mind these are preorder packs and wont be available for ever so I suggest if you plan on playing the game somewhat seriously you should definitely go for the ultimate pack.

The base game once released may very well only cost $10-$20, and there a good reason its only $10 on PC. They know the majority of people are going to spend more after that in order to get the necessary things from the cash shop to make your experience so much more enjoyable.

4 hours ago, Alfajores said:

As a veteran player I can put it simple to you:

If you plan to be hardcore/semi-hardcore pvp player: $100 pre order pack is a must buy

If you plan to be casual player: $30 pre order pack

If you plan to play from time to time while you player other games: don't buy (cuz you need a LOT of time into BDO until it can be really enjoyable) or wait until the prices go down

You can still be casual and have fun the game is beautiful 

• Like 1

I was scared the ultimate was going to be 200 but 100 to me is reasonable with all that was listed. I'v waited so long caht imagine waiting after release for some sale or game pass. Preorder puts you ahead in a new mmorpg launch, chance to get in the upper top, otherwise later there will be a large established base and you will be behind. The standard is 30.00, without the bonus items the game is probrably 10.00. While thereds a lot of games releasinh now i will wat for a sale or game pass on the ones that interest me.

It is a fact that console games are typically more expensive than PC through the majority of their lifespan (even years after release). You guys may need to wait a year or more for much much lower prices because the first year+ will be full of new classes and content coming out constantly (hopefully that is). As long as there is a fluid stream of content coming out and population is solid then I don't see the reason for dropping prices to the ground. 

On the package itself, the value of ultimate edition is insane. Two pets, 90 days value pack, 3K pearls.. name it. You are good to go for days.

• Like 1

Id see them going to half value within 6 months. But i think the larger packages if they remain, wont include everything as they do today. 

The price will certainly drop as it did in last region they released (SEA), but by then most people will already be weeks or even months in and it'll not be the same as getting 72 / 48 / 24 hours Head-Start. Instead you'd be playing catch-up with the Top so that's something to consider.

Also in SEA they removed the exclusive bonuses  when not pre-ordering. So that's -Unique Costume, -Unique Title, -Unique Pet which you will never be able to get. It's all down to whether you really want to budget and wait or just have fun. The price-tag for either edition is not something any game on Xbox wouldn't require. Many are in fact much more pricey.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, numnutz2005 said:

A pet is worth $10 on average in pearls so im not sure how much money ur expectin to save here...

Not to mention its a tier 2 pet. So thats 20$ atleast lol. 

2 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

Not to mention its a tier 2 pet. So thats 20$ atleast lol. 

Lol bonus! Although it only counts for what...half a second fast looting at lvl 10?? Ik tier 3 is 3 secs and tier 1 is 4 secs but free tier boosts r fine with me...i wont complain. They arent free but u get the idea lol.

i just dont think the op will really save ne thing by gettin the lower pack. If he cant afford it thats totally fine dont over stretch ur budget beyond whats reasonable but if its strictly to save money buyin parts by themselves then a higher tier pack is the way to go...in this case.

1 minute ago, numnutz2005 said:

Lol bonus! Although it only counts for what...half a second fast looting at lvl 10?? Ik tier 3 is 3 secs and tier 1 is 4 secs but free tier boosts r fine with me...i wont complain. They arent free but u get the idea lol.

i just dont think the op will really save ne thing by gettin the lower pack. If he cant afford it thats totally fine dont over stretch ur budget beyond whats reasonable but if its strictly to save money buyin parts by themselves then a higher tier pack is the way to go...in this case.

Actually there is no difference in pick up time on a t2 pet compared to a t1, the only difference is they learn their skill at lvl1 while a t1 learns it at lvl10.

Hello all,

It seems like most agree with my prediction, I didn't see anyone completely shoot it down, fingers crossed it holds true.

Thanks for the advise, just for reference, I am not saying what I will do is best or even better, but everyone is a different and unique snowflake right... I have a full time job, so I know I will never be competing at the very top. I'll probably get 2-4 hours a day M-F and put most of my hours in on the weekends.

As for the packs, the reality is that most of the things in those packs are not valuable to me. 

• Head start = don't care, maybe if it was weeks then I would, but 72 hours at most, not worth it for me personally
  • exclusive pets = highest value in the packs IMHO
  • value packs = don't care, I'm never going to buy these with anything other than loyalties or every once in a great while
  • in game title = don't care
  • tier 3 horse = trash
  • tier 5 horse = trash that doesn't smell bad
  • horse costume = don't care what my horse looks like, if/when I do, I'll get the exact one I want
  • wagon costume = same as horse costume but even less important
  • shudad outfit = valuable, but not my favorite outfit, there are tones and way cooler ones IMHO, when the outfit I really want is available, I'll get that one
  • horse flute(perm) = cool, but don't care, if this is something I really want, I'm guessing I can buy it from the pearl shop separately later on, but I highly doubt I would
  • EXP scrolls = don't care, almost a joke to me they are included instead of weight, inventory, character slots...
  • Storage Maid = decent, but according to the veteran PC folks, we will probably need more than one to get much from them, and we seem to be able to get them from other means, someone mentioned you get one as a quest reward, so not that important to me.
  • That just leaves the Pearls which are completely neutral as I can get them regardless of pre-order or pack choice. The pearls value is also very clearly understood, 500 = $5, 1000 = $10 & 3000 = $30. 

So as you can see, for me, and possibly others like me, the only things in the packs that are important don't really add up to that much and as mentioned in my original post, we are all going to "need" more pets than 2 anyway, so we will all be buying them regardless of pack choice...

Again, I am not suggesting this is best, or even better, I just don't think we should think about the "value" of these packs by comparing their contents to the cost of those contents bought separately from the pearl shop. While comparing them this way is a great marketing mechanism, the value of an item I would never buy is zero to me, its that simple.

I would still love to hear more from the PC veterans about the history of sales and good event rewards.

Edited by Rok_Klimer
  • Like 1

Not happening. PC and console prices are completely different. Steam has games for cheap all the time but you can't just have cheap console games not like that. You will see BDO next year at maybe 30-50% off but not for awhile and only during huge sales.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rok_Klimer said:

Hello all,

It seems like most agree with my prediction, I didn't see anyone completely shoot it down, fingers crossed it holds true.

Thanks for the advise, just for reference, I am not saying what I will do is best or even better, but everyone is a different and unique snowflake right... I have a full time job, so I know I will never be competing at the very top. I'll probably get 2-4 hours a day M-F and put most of my hours in on the weekends.

As for the packs, the reality is that most of the things in those packs are not valuable to me. 

• Head start = don't care, maybe if it was weeks then I would, but 72 hours at most, not worth it for me personally
  • value packs = don't care, I'm never going to buy these with anything other than loyalties or every once in a great while
  • tier 3 horse = trash
  • horse costume = don't care what my horse looks like, if/when I do, I'll get the exact one I want
  • shudad outfit = valuable, but not my favorite outfit, there are tones and way cooler ones IMHO, when the outfit I really want is available, I'll get that one
  • horse flute(perm) = cool, but don't care, if this is something I really want, I'm guessing I can buy it from the pearl shop separately later on, but I highly doubt I would
  • EXP scrolls = don't care, almost a joke to me they are included instead of weight, inventory, character slots...
  • Storage Maid = decent, but according to the veteran PC folks, we will probably need more than one to get much from them, and we seem to be able to get them from other means, someone mentioned you get one as a quest reward, so not that important to me.
  • That just leaves the Pearls which are completely neutral as I can get them regardless of pre-order or pack choice. The pearls value is also very clearly understood, 500 = $5, 1000 = $10 & 3000 = $30. 

So as you can see, for me, and possibly others like me, the only things in the packs that are important don't really add up to that much and as mentioned in my original post, we are all going to "need" more pets than 2 anyway, so we will all be buying them regardless of pack choice...

Again, I am not suggesting this is best, or even better, I just don't think we should think about the "value" of these packs by comparing their contents to the cost of those contents bought separately from the pearl shop. While comparing them this way is a great marketing mechanism, the value of an item I would never buy is zero to me, its that simple.

I would still love to hear more from the PC veterans about the history of sales and good event rewards.

5 different people told you your wrong on the price decreasing that much. The 100$ pack alone is worth over 200$. And while you may get the items later, they will cost you double or tripple the price included in that pact. Also one maid is great for fetching pots. But yeah 4-5 of each maid is more where youll need to be to continously grind. 

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Rok_Klimer said:

Hello all,

• tier 3 horse = trash

You are trying to argue the monetary value of the packs based solely on your own needs/wants. Example, you find that the horse costume is not important to you. That doesn't change the actual monetary value of that item. The fact is, the monetary value of the items included are way better in the pre-order packs vs individually buying each item from the pearl shop. Doing so will cost you more in the long run. 

Edited by Tr3nch
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 5:00 AM, Paddy_Whack said:

Actually there is no difference in pick up time on a t2 pet compared to a t1, the only difference is they learn their skill at lvl1 while a t1 learns it at lvl10.

ok cool even easier lolol. i only have 1t3 and the rest r t1 on pc.

You may all refer to me as the Oracle... 😉

image.thumb.png.f4ad71f704c490cc284a771391f3985e.png

I love saying this...    ^    I told you so!

Congrats to all those, like me, who didn't pre-order and can now enjoy this game for $10!

• Haha 1