Sign in to follow this  
Crimzon Rabbit

Regions and servera

I've been seeing a lot of conversations on this subject on fb discord and on here. Will there be servers so all players around the world can play together like pc gamers or will it be region locked? Because if soon I don't want to be on a server with only 5 other people and have to change my region every time I want to play bdo....  

The game will be available in Europe and NA. You can change your Xbox store location to any country in Europe (UK for example) or US, reset your console, and then buy and download the game. People from Europe changed location settings to NA to download and play the beta (myself included).

At the moment this seems to be the only option until the game expands to other regions like Asia or Australia and New Zealand. 

Posted (edited)

1. Its going to first follow the Xbox Live set up so (No it will not be like PC)

2. Within the game aligned with Xbox Live, its assumed there will be an NA or EU option (cant comment on how exactly that will work and if #3 impacts this)

3. Your consoles region would align with what I wrote in #1

4. I'd take the time to educate yourself of the impacts of changing your consoles regions... link - https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/microsoft-account/update-microsoft-account-country-region

Edited by NewBlacksmurf

10 hours ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

The game will be available in Europe and NA. You can change your Xbox store location to any country in Europe (UK for example) or US, reset your console, and then buy and download the game. People from Europe changed location settings to NA to download and play the beta (myself included).

At the moment this seems to be the only option until the game expands to other regions like Asia or Australia and New Zealand. 

They're working on the classification for AUS and NZ now. Although no date for when it will appear on the AUS/NZ MS store. Just glad that it is coming. I hope before launch as it would be nice to get the 100$ USD Pack and play with everyone else