Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Strapz

Wish I would have known

Recommended Posts

I played bdo but not on launch, was curious to anyone who has played bdo, especially since launch, what do you wish you would have known? What tips will you give your guildmates or friends who will be new to bdo?

Grind spots that become op, combat tips, lifeskilling or whatever you feel could have given you a big boost if you got on it early. Personally, small tip , save your stones. I sold all mine to buy new weapons and then realized I needed them...to upgrade my weapons. Worse was when I realized everyone needed them and trying to get them back through marketplace takes 10 times as long as selling it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I would like to know some answers as well for back  when it launched on PC.I don’t think Grunil will be in the game so I would like to know what armor and weapons,and accessories  would be best.All the info I can find it what’s viable in the current PC version of the game.

Edited by Foreverrgamer87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Foreverrgamer87 said:

I would like to know some answers as well for back  when it launched on PC.I don’t think Grunil will be in the game so I would like to know what armor and weapons,and accessories  would be best.All the info I can find it what’s viable in the current PC version of the game.

Hi, if we get the Bal, Ser, Calph regions but not Media 1-2 on launch youll want to run either Full Heve or Agerian / Taritas armor based on the class your playing.

Once we get Media youll want to run 2 heve / 2 grunil until you get your boss armor.

For weapons youll want a yuria for all classes. Dont go for a liverto, theyre a noob trap. Use your yuria untill boss weapons.

For accesories work towards Marks of shadow , witch earrings, a tri bares necklace, and a tri bares belt untill we get medi content.

Hope that helps.

 

Im also happy to answer any specific questions anyone has.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 5:12 PM, Harming said:

Hi, if we get the Bal, Ser, Calph regions but not Media 1-2 on launch youll want to run either Full Heve or Agerian / Taritas armor based on the class your playing.

Once we get Media youll want to run 2 heve / 2 grunil until you get your boss armor.

For weapons youll want a yuria for all classes. Dont go for a liverto, theyre a noob trap. Use your yuria untill boss weapons.

For accesories work towards Marks of shadow , witch earrings, a tri bares necklace, and a tri bares belt untill we get medi content.

Hope that helps.

 

Im also happy to answer any specific questions anyone has.

Totally agree with this. Just want to add, Liverto isn't a bad weapon to go for if you can get it without purchasing on the marketplace. The only problem with Liverto is enhancing it. It will be way easier to enhance yuria's as they are way easier to come by. 

Trading:  It is important to remember that you connect nodes in a chain to different areas/cities. You can still sell trade goods to Trade Managers but at a severe cost reduction (30% value I believe it is) and you will not receive a distance bonus. 

XP Scrolls: Save them. Burn those when you start to get to higher grinding areas that will slow your progression. Don't waste them below level 40, 35 at the earliest. Don't activate them until you arrive to your grinding area as the timer starts where ever your use the scroll. Travel can take some time in early game. 

Farming: I could write a book on farming, as that is my primary life skill that I focus on. Luckily I don't have to as there is already a very thorough guide: Eminent's Farming Guide 

All Life Skills: Again, here is a large 260 page comprehensive guide on all things Life Skills. Take the time to read over this guide before launch to give you an idea on how and what you wish to focus on. Eminent's Life Skill Guide for BDO

Any questions, feel free to send me a message.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 8:02 PM, Tr3nch said:

Totally agree with this. Just want to add, Liverto isn't a bad weapon to go for if you can get it without purchasing on the marketplace. The only problem with Liverto is enhancing it. It will be way easier to enhance yuria's as they are way easier to come by. 

Trading:  It is important to remember that you connect nodes in a chain to different areas/cities. You can still sell trade goods to Trade Managers but at a severe cost reduction (30% value I believe it is) and you will not receive a distance bonus. 

XP Scrolls: Save them. Burn those when you start to get to higher grinding areas that will slow your progression. Don't waste them below level 40, 35 at the earliest. Don't activate them until you arrive to your grinding area as the timer starts where ever your use the scroll. Travel can take some time in early game. 

Farming: I could write a book on farming, as that is my primary life skill that I focus on. Luckily I don't have to as there is already a very thorough guide: Eminent's Farming Guide 

All Life Skills: Again, here is a large 260 page comprehensive guide on all things Life Skills. Take the time to read over this guide before launch to give you an idea on how and what you wish to focus on. Eminent's Life Skill Guide for BDO

Any questions, feel free to send me a message.

 

What about offhands? Is it better to go AP or Acc starting out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Foreverrgamer87 said:

What about offhands? Is it better to go AP or Acc starting out?

I'd say that depends on your class, some really need accuracy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talk to every npc u see so your not backtracking later

dont play/grind on more then One character

pick something you like and make it work otherwise youll get burnt out if you meta chase

Dont sell anything

burn energy everyday gathering

never turn the game off

save loyalties for weight and char slots

build a boat early on

never buy workers that arent good keep rolling until you get rng blessed

always enhance with enough to get back to where you were ot with backups

never sell old gear or weapons

dont sell anything to npc market buys

dont enhance liverto. Waste of meme frags youll need later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×