Lawd Aizen

Why is it a race to progress?

I can understand wanting to be first for a competitive reasons. But they way people talk is as if you don't keep up you will be screwed. Is there any disadvantage to taking things slow? The only advantage to getting high level os be able to do endgame stuff. Does another player reaching endgame negatively affect a new player or someone taking it slow?

I did not played on pc but I assume its more about farming mats for later content (pvp stuff siege, nodes).
I think most ppl will try to min/max their character(s) for new content and hoard mats/gold.

I will switch between destiny2, division2 and black desert. I dont mind if Im not topping and leaderboards or if Ive the best / maxed character.
I play those games to have fun, not to be compitive or similar... I dont have the time with a fulltime job/kids and dont brother such things anymore.

You will still enjoy the game ūüėé...

Edited by malixoxo
  • Thanks 1

Its a "never ending" power treadmill.

Being more powerful more quickly means youll be able to claim the top grind spots , killing off the lower players trying to take your rotation.

It is also essential to have stronger players for the sake of node wars.

Eventually "power" progressing players will stop playing for some time, and others will catch up. But elite will for sure claim best spots in node wars etc.

Imo casual players can keep up and progress enough to be helpful, you just got to find good guild, which will help you and guide you.

Some players dont even focus on soft cap, because they value getting rich and life skills leveled.

Bdo can be played in many ways, and neither of them is wrong, its just up to you what you prefer doing, and what you enjoy most.

• Thanks 1

Big part of the reason for race is being underleveled and or undergeared by too much makes it literally impossible to kill people

I just want to get a high enough level to start farming important things a good portion of new players wont realize is so important, it'll slow me a bit in the beginning but really will allow me to jump ahead in the future. Gear levels are far more important in Black Desert than experience levels anyways.

14 hours ago, Lawd Aizen said:

I can understand wanting to be first for a competitive reasons. But they way people talk is as if you don't keep up you will be screwed. Is there any disadvantage to taking things slow? The only advantage to getting high level os be able to do endgame stuff. Does another player reaching endgame negatively affect a new player or someone taking it slow?

Cause if you dont keep up, youll be screwed. As the game is pvp based in its core, the more you fall behind the less you will be able to compete in guild wars, the mini game modes, and even able to grind in pve. Levels and gear mattter hugely, and since you can be pvped at any time, the game can get very annoying when you cant even hold your spot. 

14 hours ago, malixoxo said:

I did not played on pc but I assume its more about farming mats for later content (pvp stuff siege, nodes).
I think most ppl will try to min/max their character(s) for new content and hoard mats/gold.

I will switch between destiny2, division2 and black desert. I dont mind if Im not topping and leaderboards or if Ive the best / maxed character.
I play those games to have fun, not to be compitive or similar... I dont have the time with a fulltime job/kids and dont brother such things anymore.

You will still enjoy the game ūüėé...

Farming matts literally doesnt even matter. Once your strong enough to win all the wars, you have enough money to corner the market and buy all the matts. Plus everytime you log off your afk earning money. 

• Like 1

Because this game is not a "take your time and enjoy the scenery" game. It's just not; Not in any way. That's why the people that play it like it. That's why I look forward to it. I do not mean to insult you. This is just not a casual MMO at all. If you intend to enjoy the game's content, the content pretty much IS the race to progress.

Edited by SpaceVarmint
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 12:56 AM, Lawd Aizen said:

If it's a race, it's more tortoise and the hare. The most important thing is consistency. You'll want to reroll your main only once if you can and go at a pace you can maintain a long time, so you don't burn out. It's a marathon, people who sprint towards anything will become frustrated when the games' rng elements slow them down. Progression becomes a crawl eventually, just enjoy the process and be consistent and you'll get ahead.

42 minutes ago, Sinjin said:

If it's a race, it's more tortoise and the hare. The most important thing is consistency. You'll want to reroll your main only once if you can and go at a pace you can maintain a long time, so you don't burn out. It's a marathon, people who sprint towards anything will become frustrated when the games' rng elements slow them down. Progression becomes a crawl eventually, just enjoy the process and be consistent and you'll get ahead.

Thats not really true. Eventually you learn to just throw it in and skip and not even look. If it goes it goes. If not you keep pushing. Soon youll have a back up and then tapping to enhance is nothing. If it doesnt go your always got the backup thats good. Lol. Once things slow down though your fin comes from your friends and what you get into

2 hours ago, MakeumRage said:

Thats not really true. Eventually you learn to just throw it in and skip and not even look. If it goes it goes. If not you keep pushing. Soon youll have a back up and then tapping to enhance is nothing. If it doesnt go your always got the backup thats good. Lol. Once things slow down though your fin comes from your friends and what you get into

How is what I said not true? What you said is pretty much unrelated to what I was saying. I mainly just said to be consistent above everything else and you'll keep up.

14 minutes ago, Sinjin said:

How is what I said not true? What you said is pretty much unrelated to what I was saying. I mainly just said to be consistent above everything else and you'll keep up.

That's somewhat true.  You'll stay relevant but theres always going to be a group that's consistently putting in 12 - 16 hour days. Since theres no player to player wealth transfer they're going to get more rolls at the rng machine than those putting in consistent 4's. 

Just now, Harming said:

That's somewhat true.  You'll stay relevant but theres always going to be a group that's consistently putting in 12 - 16 hour days. Since theres no player to player wealth transfer they're going to get more rolls at the rng machine than those putting in consistent 4's. 

Obviously. There will also be people who dump thousands of dollars a week into the game on top of playing constantly. But that's the top 1% of the top 1%. You won't be totally irrelevant if you just keep consistent. I'm not basing what I'm saying on people you'll rarely encounter.

1 hour ago, Sinjin said:

People dont get frusturated in the end. They just throw it in and hit skip. 

On 1/11/2019 at 8:56 AM, Lawd Aizen said:

Taking things slow and expanding your worker empire, get knowledge, get contribition points are usually things that pays off more than the clueless person that only grinds and ignore everything else :D

Just let them grind like maniacs and watch them realise the failed tactic after haha

pc user here that played since pc beta btw

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PVPbdoEU said:

Taking things slow and expanding your worker empire, get knowledge, get contribition points are usually things that pays off more than the clueless person that only grinds and ignore everything else :D

Just let them grind like maniacs and watch them realise the failed tactic after haha

Only fools only push levels. Most of the HC players grind 8 hours for levels / money and the other 4 are spent lifeskilling. After the quests that are knocked out by grinders quickly, cp is aquired offline afk anyways

As my experience since the beta on PC, if you don't have enough time to be competitive or streamer don't push yourself so hard, this is an endless game. Take your time, set your goals and enjoy the game.

8 hours ago, PVPbdoEU said:

Its actually statistically more profitable to dump your cp in to a floating container and farm plots.

You gain a higher sharp / hard yield passively than gathering and can grind / farm consistently without breaking rotation in most major grind spots.

This brings in both more overall silver and a steady stream of hards and sharps for upgrades. 

But every ones free to do what they want.

This community isnt a fan of facts, or numbers, or testing, or science o.O

I've reached and rushed a few MMOs in my day and it's a lonely spot at the top. I much more enjoy the journey these days and I've noticed I play games longer instead of rush and set down.

Some people enjoy being the best, and that's ok. They want to push boundaries and enjoy a competitive scene.
Some people set their goals with being the number 1 fisher/trader etc and that's ok. They want to help support people with a steady supply of food and silver. 
Some people want to progress through quests and that's ok. You can enjoy everything at your own pace. 
Some people want to just explore or roleplay and that's ok. The world lives and breathes with people like you here.

Basically, Black Desert is a game that allows you to set your own goals for enjoyment, and you never really hinder others. Everyone seems to have a role to fill in Black Desert. Without those who grind, those who PvP will struggle to get the right items. It's a beautiful thing :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, [CM]Shirna said:

Some people enjoy being the best, and that's ok. They want to push boundaries and enjoy a competitive scene.
Some people set their goals with being the number 1 fisher/trader etc and that's ok. They want to help support people with a steady supply of food and silver. 
Some people want to progress through quests and that's ok. You can enjoy everything at your own pace. 
Some people want to just explore or roleplay and that's ok. The world lives and breathes with people like you here.

Basically, Black Desert is a game that allows you to set your own goals for enjoyment, and you never really hinder others. Everyone seems to have a role to fill in Black Desert. Without those who grind, those who PvP will struggle to get the right items. It's a beautiful thing :)

The Lion King said it best:

Simba: But, Dad, don't we eat the antelope?
Mufasa: Yes, Simba, but let me explain: When we die, our bodies become the grass, and the antelope eat the grass. And so, we are all connected in the great Circle of Life...

• Haha 2