Jump to content
ALM16HTY

PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LEVEL CAP IN AT LAUNCH

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Jammer480 said:

Are we assuming he meant a hard cap and not a soft cap? Since the game self regulates how fast you can level by limiting xp from lower level grinds, I'd agree that a soft cap would make more sense.

We can only hope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean i could see a the positives in a short lived cap to allow players to try and focus the plethora of thinks BD offers without having to get stuck in the "i need to level asap" mindset. However, to me thats a big part of the game, those that race to max level start behind in things like lifeskills, or marketplace dominance, etc and vice versa. Its what makes it fun, a dedicated player would have a plan, like "i'll level to 40 then farm this material so i can sell it and become rich for the next update where ill now be way ahead of everyone". 

You know? Having a level cap kind of takes away the strategy in what i think is a very strategic game.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Beond said:

Different team you never know if you don't try @[CM]Shirna

Is your name short for Beond Naive? They've acted exactly the same up until this point. I've sat in here for months watching people be let down and getting their hopes back up after the smallest crumb of information.

I agree, there is a need for people to be vocal, so problems don't persist. But PA isn't proactive, they watch something fail for a while before doing anything about it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sinjin said:

Is your name short for Beond Naive? They've acted exactly the same up until this point. I've sat in here for months watching people be let down and getting their hopes back up after the smallest crumb of information.

I agree, there is a need for people to be vocal, so problems don't persist. But PA isn't proactive, they watch something fail for a while before doing anything about it.

You're the most positive person I've seen ever!

15 minutes ago, Wiitchcraft said:

I mean i could see a the positives in a short lived cap to allow players to try and focus the plethora of thinks BD offers without having to get stuck in the "i need to level asap" mindset. However, to me thats a big part of the game, those that race to max level start behind in things like lifeskills, or marketplace dominance, etc and vice versa. Its what makes it fun, a dedicated player would have a plan, like "i'll level to 40 then farm this material so i can sell it and become rich for the next update where ill now be way ahead of everyone". 

You know? Having a level cap kind of takes away the strategy in what i think is a very strategic game.

 

Exactly, 50 is an ridiculous cap though I'll be that less than 3 hours gimme a 100 cap

Edited by Beond
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Wiitchcraft said:

I mean i could see a the positives in a short lived cap to allow players to try and focus the plethora of thinks BD offers without having to get stuck in the "i need to level asap" mindset. However, to me thats a big part of the game, those that race to max level start behind in things like lifeskills, or marketplace dominance, etc and vice versa. Its what makes it fun, a dedicated player would have a plan, like "i'll level to 40 then farm this material so i can sell it and become rich for the next update where ill now be way ahead of everyone". 

You know? Having a level cap kind of takes away the strategy in what i think is a very strategic game.

 

I agree. This just makes the game feel so cookie cutter and "play it the way we want" not "Black dessert is a MMO Sandbox that we designed so you could play it how you want"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sinjin said:

Is your name short for Beond Naive? They've acted exactly the same up until this point. I've sat in here for months watching people be let down and getting their hopes back up after the smallest crumb of information.

I agree, there is a need for people to be vocal, so problems don't persist. But PA isn't proactive, they watch something fail for a while before doing anything about it.

Sounds about right. Nothing forum community can do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beond said:

It shouldn't effect that at all even a new player should be lvl 50 in no less than 4 hours and that's without even doing any research.

Anything over 30 min is unacceptable!

 

XD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Harming said:

Anything over 30 min is unacceptable!

 

XD

 

Dude already had horse :( probably gear too?

Edited by Beond

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Harming said:

Anything over 30 min is unacceptable!

 

XD

 

This right here, level 50 on current XP rates is a joke. We wont be able to do this but a fresh player with minimal knowledge will be able to hit 50 in just a few hours easily.

Edited by ALM16HTY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Sounds about right. Nothing forum community can do. 

 

14 minutes ago, Sinjin said:

Is your name short for Beond Naive? They've acted exactly the same up until this point. I've sat in here for months watching people be let down and getting their hopes back up after the smallest crumb of information.

I agree, there is a need for people to be vocal, so problems don't persist. But PA isn't proactive, they watch something fail for a while before doing anything about it.

Why bother posting in the thread if you're both going to be so negative about other people's requests? I'm just honestly confused seeing as how, you say everyone here will have no impact, and you yourself can do nothing about it, so why post other than to just be negative and derail the conversation.

 

People are requesting a change or at least a clarification if you dont care either way, or have such a negative view that nothing can be done, then stop posting. Asking for stuff from the CM's has already been reflected in changes that have been given out post beta. So not only are you being negative for no reason, you're wrong.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Beond said:

Dude already had horse :( probably gear too?

Yeah, Hes also abusing an exploit where mounted combat (with stirups) gains 100% accuracy. This allows you to kill (hit) much higher level mobs and get massive exp if you have the AP for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Harming said:

Yeah, Hes also abusing an exploit where mounted combat (with stirups) gains 100% accuracy. This allows you to kill (hit) much higher level mobs and get massive exp if you have the AP for it.

It's not 100% accuracy but that is besides the point. He has full boss armor on. I can do the exact same and take gear off and miss. That's just horse farming and he could do the same if he got off the horse. Either way though it doesn't really pertain to the fact that we still shouldn't be capped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, xCROv said:

 

Why bother posting in the thread if you're both going to be so negative about other people's requests? I'm just honestly confused seeing as how, you say everyone here will have no impact, and you yourself can do nothing about it, so why post other than to just be negative and derail the conversation.

 

People are requesting a change or at least a clarification if you dont care either way, or have such a negative view that nothing can be done, then stop posting. Asking for stuff from the CM's has already been reflected in changes that have been given out post beta. So not only are you being negative for no reason, you're wrong.

AFAIK, different opinions can be spread. And only because we have dates doesn't mean we don't remember delays. 

YouTube Vids and one words comments are for sure not derailing the convo

I like the impact on screenshake and brightness 

Ps. Your friend has been negative so many times, I can almost hear the hypocrisy 

 ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ 

Edited by Daniel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xCROv said:

It's not 100% accuracy but that is besides the point. He has full boss armor on. I can do the exact same and take gear off and miss. That's just horse farming and he could do the same if he got off the horse. Either way though it doesn't really pertain to the fact that we still shouldn't be capped. 

Yeah theres no reason to hard cap us.

Many of us will be heavy grinding ser / calph shrine in the first 24 hours.

Say they hard cap us for a week thats a massive amount of wasted combat exp.

Edited by Harming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Harming said:

Yeah theres no reason to hard cap us.

May of us will be heavy grinding ser / calph shrine in the first 24 hours.

Say they hard cap us for a week thats a massive amount of wasted combat exp.

That's what gets me. We are paying for early access and we are being told that we can only do so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xCROv said:

That's what gets me. We are paying for early access and we are being told that we can only do so much.

Worst case scenario were still getting CP and silver at cap.

They did this to us on MENA and i had my first tri mos before they let me pass 55 >.<.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My entire point of this post was that EXP caps in this game goes against the game's core design. If you haven't played BDO before you don't realize that it is an eternal and endless grind and level grind is the main part of that. Removing that aspect of the game ruins the game for many. Besides all the points I made in my post, many people play this game to race to the highest levels that they can so that they are on the growth leader boards for that notoriety.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beond said:

You're the most positive person I've seen ever!

I'm pragmatic. PA is not what I'd call a sterling company. They've got a fun, unique game, especially in the console sphere, but they are not consumer friendly.

I just don't want people to become jaded extremely quick. Take a measured approach to your expectations of what they'll actually care to fix. This is probably not one of those things, it wont eat into their profit margins.

The people who don't want the cap are likely people who bought the ultimate edition and have early access. Those players are already dedicated to playing, so they wont lose them with the decision. The people who don't like early access that are more casual hear there is a cap, so they're not too handicapped for not buying the ultimate edition for early access, or leaving their console on 24/7.

Both sides win, but are not completely satisfied. It's not about being positive, or negative. It's just that the odds are not in your favor, I never said not to be hopeful. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sinjin said:

I'm pragmatic. PA is not what I'd call a sterling company. They've got a fun, unique game, especially in the console sphere, but they are not consumer friendly.

I just don't want people to become jaded extremely quick. Take a measured approach to your expectations of what they'll actually care to fix. This is probably not one of those things, it wont eat into their profit margins.

The people who don't want the cap are likely people who bought the ultimate edition and have early access. Those players are already dedicated to playing, so they wont lose them with the decision. The people who don't like early access that are more casual hear there is a cap, so they're not too handicapped for not buying the ultimate edition for early access, or leaving their console on 24/7.

Both sides win, but are not completely satisfied. It's not about being positive, or negative. It's just that the odds are not in your favor, I never said not to be hopeful. 

Doesn't mean we have to just sit here and accept a decision we feel is harmful to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, xCROv said:

 

Why bother posting in the thread if you're both going to be so negative about other people's requests? I'm just honestly confused seeing as how, you say everyone here will have no impact, and you yourself can do nothing about it, so why post other than to just be negative and derail the conversation.

 

People are requesting a change or at least a clarification if you dont care either way, or have such a negative view that nothing can be done, then stop posting. Asking for stuff from the CM's has already been reflected in changes that have been given out post beta. So not only are you being negative for no reason, you're wrong.

Everything that isn't me agreeing with you is negative? I've seen you post in disagreement with PA's lack of communication. Were you just being a negative Nancy? No. 

If you bothered to read and understand what I wrote, you'd notice the part where I said people like yourself are necessary. I just suggested you manage expections, so as not to become jaded.

Also, saying "you're wrong" in any situation that is pure opinion really reduces your credibility and tells me you're involving emotion in the discussion. Was it because my little remark? Sorry if I insulted your friend.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beond said:

@xCROv Yep 100%

Why? Give a reason.

In my first comment, the reasons the OP makes to not have a level cap, are my reasons to have a level cap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ALM16HTY said:

Doesn't mean we have to just sit here and accept a decision we feel is harmful to the game.

You miss the portion earlier where I stated people should be vocal to stop problems from persisting? Of course, feel free to offer up your opinions, I'm not saying not to. I just recommend you don't get your hopes up too much. Not because I just love being negative, but because PA does things a certain way and it doesn't seem like a change they'd agree to. It seems like a very deliberate choice they made to appease multiple types of players.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matter of the fact here is not about getting ahead but that people will still need to grind for money and skill exp.  During this time you will be losing out on a bunch of potential exp toward levels and it will naturally slow down massively since we will be calpheon cap.  You will be hard pressed to get past 53 with this content.  And from what was said in the AMA they wont release patches and content as often as they would like due to microsoft cert.  That means we would lose out on at least AT LEAST two weeks of grinding in exp and most likely a month since we are looking at a once per month patch schedule...

PLEASE DO NOT CAP US AT 50... if you want to slow down progression just reduce the exp rates.  PLEASE...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×