ALM16HTY

PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LEVEL CAP IN AT LAUNCH

1 minute ago, NewBlacksmurf said:

I understand what it means, however that as not what I was responding to. Differences in terms of the UI, settings, controls, limited regions and servers. 

Thats not gated stuff it’s different...make sense. 

Not really. Its mostly a copy of the new ui developed for pc bdo. Minuts the hotkeys and terrible chat. Regions have always been limited. Controls on pc are pretty much how you play with a controller on pc, only on pc youve got much better optioms to change things. Regions have always been limited in bdo. You get around this with vpns. They have launched in different regions in vastly different times

5 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

Not really. Its mostly a copy of the new ui developed for pc bdo. Minuts the hotkeys and terrible chat. Regions have always been limited. Controls on pc are pretty much how you play with a controller on pc, only on pc youve got much better optioms to change things. Regions have always been limited in bdo. You get around this with vpns. They have launched in different regions in vastly different times

No it’s actually different

a few examples being not able to turn off the camera shake.  Not being able to put something on your bar(limited options), only being able to turn on and off chat but no other UI elements, limited Gamepad keybinds, not being able to actually purchase the game depending on where you are and the game only being in the English language. 

Edited by NewBlacksmurf

If you don't like what the game is offering then don't buy it,  simple ESO looked dumb to me and I didn't buy it also not going to buy anything from Bethesda,  skyrim looked sucky and I am glad I didn't play that either.  This whole thread is gamers crying cause they don't get their way,  none of us wanted Diablo immortal but guess what they are still going to make it. I will be playing Xbox bdo as soon as it releases I'm a fan of bdo I play on PC,  I am eagerly awaiting bdo on console I love using controller but I'm not going to buy PC controller when I already have an Xbox one.  If you get mad you can always try and find me in the black desert and pk me lol.  

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, NewBlacksmurf said:

If that’s the case why is everyone flipping out?  Honest question as I joined on PC after launch. 

Because if the level cap, that is being put in at launch, can't be changed for weeks then this is bad.

9 minutes ago, xCROv said:

Because if the level cap, that is being put in at launch, can't be changed for weeks then this is bad.

So is it similar or not similar as an earlier comment from someone else suggested that there was a soft level cap of 51-ish when PC launched?

14 minutes ago, NewBlacksmurf said:

No it’s actually different

a few examples being not able to turn off the camera shake.  Not being able to put something on your bar(limited options), only being able to turn on and off chat but no other UI elements, limited Gamepad keybinds, not being able to actually purchase the game depending on where you are and the game only being in the English language. 

Gated. Lol not being there or having the options. We even have gated options !!! 

LIFT THE GATES PA!!!

14 minutes ago, Deathz Angel said:

If you don't like what the game is offering then don't buy it,  simple ESO looked dumb to me and I didn't buy it also not going to buy anything from Bethesda,  skyrim looked sucky and I am glad I didn't play that either.  This whole thread is gamers crying cause they don't get their way,  none of us wanted Diablo immortal but guess what they are still going to make it. I will be playing Xbox bdo as soon as it releases I'm a fan of bdo I play on PC,  I am eagerly awaiting bdo on console I love using controller but I'm not going to buy PC controller when I already have an Xbox one.  If you get mad you can always try and find me in the black desert and pk me lol.  

Youll most certaintly be spawning at node and running back non stop...

also your xbox controller works on pc fyi ool

5 hours ago, Deathz Angel said:

The ones complaining about level cap is the same people that don't do the quest line they just jump to the higher level areas as fast as possible cause they want to be first to 62 on Xbox one,  I don't mind the level cap,  I'm not going to be leaving my Xbox on to do AFK fish or anything else,  and open world pvp starts at 50 not 51 all you have to do is a quest at catfishman and you hit 50 boom pvp. 

I agree most are coming from pc version and think this will be something new but its same game lol. Players from pc will be the death of the xbox version cause all they do is complain, complain, complain. If everyone gets to 50 in a couple hours so what?? Lots of pvp at catfish. Should be fun

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MakeumRage said:

Gated. Lol not being there or having the options. We even have gated options !!! 

Uhmm what I’m referring to, it’s literally different by definition. 

The content is gated but i wasn’t referring to the content. 

I think people understand that if they group up and find they can’t use voice chat on the Xbox game, that’s different than other Xbox games. 

If you have a game that literally isn’t in the Xbox store for some, that actually different. 

Playing a game on PC that allows you to turn on/off screen shake but for Xbox, there’s no option at all is going to give a completely different experience. 

Gated in what hat i assume you’re focusing on is where bosses won’t be at launch but will soon after or the topic at hand, some form of a level cap that will change soon after is gated. 

5 hours ago, Daniel said:

"Hinders" them in not getting left behind?

And why shouldn't they be behind if they bought the game later and haven't put the time in? What about when they release mediah, valencia, etc? Should they cap it then? New players are always going to be behind. Even if you care about players lagging behind, for whatever reason, you are just kicking the can down the road. I have yet to find a coherent argument in favor of a hard level cap. You can't logically be in favor of a hard cap at launch unless you always want there to be one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cloudkicker said:

And why shouldn't they be behind if they bought the game later and haven't put the time in? What about when they release mediah, valencia, etc? Should they cap it then? New players are always going to be behind. Even if you care about players lagging behind, for whatever reason, you are just kicking the can down the road. I have yet to find a coherent argument in favor of a hard level cap. You can't logically be in favor of a hard cap at launch unless you always want there to be one.

Some people just don't get it lul so happy he's blocked can't see nonsense :) if you go check my profile you can see he views it everyday to come harass me ha!

Edited by Beond
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NewBlacksmurf said:

Please refrain from quoting me further on this topic and others. 

Thanks in advance. 

Same. 

NP

12 minutes ago, Bnews757 said:

I agree most are coming from pc version and think this will be something new but its same game lol. Players from pc will be the death of the xbox version cause all they do is complain, complain, complain. If everyone gets to 50 in a couple hours so what?? Lots of pvp at catfish. Should be fun

Console players will never complain? That's utter nonsense. They do all the time. The speed is not the issue. The idea that there is a cap on leveling progress is the issue. You wanna pvp at 50 and not grind then go ahead. No one is stopping you. You can play how you want, but others cannot play how they want even though there is a preexisting softcap mechanic they're gonna put in anyway.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beond said:

Some people just don't get it lul so happy he's blocked can't see nonsense :) if you go check my profile you can see he views it everyday to come harass me ha!

I'm not surprised. He's this forum's hall monitor, swiftly informing the riff raff of a minor violation or miscategorized post.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cloudkicker said:

I'm not surprised. He's this forum's hall monitor, swiftly informing the riff raff of a minor violation or miscategorized post.

Pretty much I just give him no attention that’s what he wants ignore list is amazing

1 hour ago, NewBlacksmurf said:

So is it similar or not similar as an earlier comment from someone else suggested that there was a soft level cap of 51-ish when PC launched?

1 hour ago, xCROv said:

What they are launching has been a cookie cutter launch and is following in the same footsteps as every BDO launch before it, other than this level cap and non-weekly updates.

4 minutes ago, xCROv said:

None of that address anything asked, it’s just an opinion which leads me to interpret a lot of the complaints thus far on the topic are opinions which is fine so I’m just going to sit back and wait for release to see what actually is. 

Edited by NewBlacksmurf

2 hours ago, NewBlacksmurf said:

Remove the level hard cap or apply it to life skills also so that players don't make to much money and get ahead of new players!

only a month of lost exp from grinding until they let us go past lvl 50 np. LOL

1 hour ago, ALM16HTY said:

If you cap combat level, cap life skills too.

Yup

44 minutes ago, Beond said:

Yup

Cap horse skills as well. No isntant accel, sprint or drift. 

45 minutes ago, Beond said:

Yup

Wait untill they start enhancing lmao... 

1 hour ago, ALM16HTY said:

If you cap combat level, cap life skills too.

Glad your opinions mean nothing lol cya in game with that lv50 cap