ALM16HTY

PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LEVEL CAP IN AT LAUNCH

8 minutes ago, Kasai said:

Matter of the fact here is not about getting ahead but that people will still need to grind for money and skill exp.  During this time you will be losing out on a bunch of potential exp toward levels and it will naturally slow down massively since we will be calpheon cap.  You will be hard pressed to get past 53 with this content.  And from what was said in the AMA they wont release patches and content as often as they would like due to microsoft cert.  That means we would lose out on at least AT LEAST two weeks of grinding in exp and most likely a month since we are looking at a once per month patch schedule...

PLEASE DO NOT CAP US AT 50... if you want to slow down progression just reduce the exp rates.  PLEASE...

I'm not seeing any logic in this?

What we know...they do want a level cap

No where is it suggested they want to slow down anything.

They do comment on other questions in the AMA they are looking at different things and how it impacts the in game marketplace.

Folks, I really don't believe its what many assume...it seems to be exactly what they kept writing in the AMA...they want to see how things are impacted before doing more.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

With softcap at 50, you will realistically hit max 53 before softcap raises.

Really that many benefits? I don't see issue with lvl cap in the beginning. 

No life players got some benefits and casuals did too in overall release details.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, NewBlacksmurf said:

I'm not seeing any logic in this?

What we know...they do want a level cap

No where is it suggested they want to slow down anything.

They do comment on other questions in the AMA they are looking at different things and how it impacts the in game marketplace.

Folks, I really don't believe its what many assume...it seems to be exactly what they kept writing in the AMA...they want to see how things are impacted before doing more.

lol the logic is that they are putting a level cap on a game that was meant to never have one.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kasai said:

lol the logic is that they are putting a level cap on a game that was meant to never have one.

This right here is the whole point really. The game was never designed with a level cap in mind.

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

With softcap at 50, you will realistically hit max 53 before softcap raises.

Many people hit 55 before soft cap rose on PC and the majority of serious players were close to 54 or pushing to hit 55. This was 1 month in before Mediah ever released. Also, this was with much much slower XP rates than we are getting on BDX. 53 and above will not be a serious grind and those levels allow multiple classes to perform much better both while grinding and while engaging in PvP.

• Like 1

Have you read their AMA comments?

I think people are overreacting or have somehow read the OP's title and not the AMA

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, ALM16HTY said:

This right here is the whole point really. The game was never designed with a level cap in mind.

Many people hit 55 before soft cap rose on PC and the majority of serious players were close to 54 or pushing to hit 55. This was 1 month in before Mediah ever released. Also, this was with much much slower XP rates than we are getting on BDX. 53 and above will not be a serious grind and those levels allow multiple classes to perform much better both while grinding and while engaging in PvP.

So basically, if there's lvl cap, skill will play more important role as everyone will have same abilities and only equipment will be different? 

57 minutes ago, NewBlacksmurf said:

In my first comment, the reasons the OP makes to not have a level cap, are my reasons to have a level cap.

Bad no reason

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

So basically, if there's lvl cap, skill will play more important role as everyone will have same abilities and only equipment will be different? 

If anything it removes skill even more.. I listed all the abilities you'll be missing with a cap at 50.. some classes will have more available to them than others and therefore will grind faster and win more PvP fights shifting balance

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, NewBlacksmurf said:

Have you read their AMA comments?

I think people are overreacting or have somehow read the OP's title and not the AMA

I dont even understand what you are trying to say... You talk about logic as if your point had any?  What point are you trying to make by telling people to go read the AMA.... The whole reason this even came up is because I did read the AMA and our Community Manager told us that we will be capped at LVL 50.  So what are you trying to get at ? lol

Just now, Kasai said:

I dont even understand what you are trying to say... You talk about logic as if your point had any?  What point are you trying to make by telling people to go read the AMA.... The whole reason this even came up is because I did read the AMA and our Community Manager told us that we will be capped at LVL 50.  So what are you trying to get at ? lol

Its as if you are stuck on the first part and have neglected everything after the comma.

"50 will be the level cap at launch, but it will increase relatively quickly"

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, NewBlacksmurf said:

Its as if you are stuck on the first part and have neglected everything after the comma.

if you re-read my original post i explain why relatively quickly is still not good. I'll get more specific:
1. We don't know what that means. It could only last until the end of early access or it could last an entire month. Either way it's detrimental to the game.
2. If it's increasing relatively quickly then they know that it isn't something that should be in the game long term, so why enforce it?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ALM16HTY said:

if you re-read my original post i explain why relatively quickly is still not good. I'll get more specific:
1. We don't know what that means. It could only last until the end of early access or it could last an entire month. Either way it's detrimental to the game.
2. If it's increasing relatively quickly then they know that it isn't something that should be in the game long term, so why enforce it?

I read you post and I understand your position but I do not agree with you and actually feel a level cap is the best decision at launch.

1. We don't need to know what it means 

2. Just because its going to increase relatively quickly, doesn't mean that its something that should not be in place at launch

Its how they have planed to launch and manage "their game" 

Edited by NewBlacksmurf
  • Like 1

Lol more crying I love it,  I don't pvp so it's not bothering me at all,  give me a pvp blocked server and I will be content.  Also the delay might be due to them implementing or trying to...... 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, NewBlacksmurf said:

Okay, and i explained the issue with this in my first post on this thread.  In case you are stuck and did not read what I had originally said or if you did not read the AMA.  The updates will not be as frequent as pc because of the microsoft cert.  This means we are looking at hopefully MONTHLY UPDATES.  Thats once a month.  Which means we are looking at being capped at 50 for a whole month.  They say "soon" and "quickly" alot.  You must be new here those terms can mean months or years lol.

Just now, Kasai said:

Okay, and i explained the issue with this in my first post on this thread.  In case you are stuck and did not read what I had originally said or if you did not read the AMA.  The updates will not be as frequent as pc because of the microsoft cert.  This means we are looking at hopefully MONTHLY UPDATES.  Thats once a month.  Which means we are looking at being capped at 50 for a whole month.  They say "soon" and "quickly" alot.  You must be new here those terms can mean months or years lol.

I'd ask that you remain respectful as I will to you.

I'm not new, stuck, misunderstanding, unclear on the certification process and actually have played the PC game for a while.

I just disagree with the ideas the reasons that a level cap is wrong, as well as I believe some overreactions and assumptions are being applied.

I see there is a lack of information to some extent but its not anything any of us need because we aren't making any decisions other than whether to buy and play or not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

Perhaps Simon meant soft cap? As far as I saw 3 years old videos it was super hard in vanilla to get to 51.. am I wrong ?

You're not wrong, 51 and above in vanilla was a real grind but it was also very rewarding. He could have meant soft cap but to just say that levels will be capped at 50 leads us to believe that he means a hard cap. if he doesn't mean hard cap, we need that clarification.

3 minutes ago, Rocketfuel77777 said:

Perhaps Simon meant soft cap? As far as I saw 3 years old videos it was super hard in vanilla to get to 51.. am I wrong ?

It's a hard cap like SEA launch. I'd rather have a lvl 55 hard than a 50. Even though you can still get to lvl 55 in a day with these exp rates. 50 is a joke.

NO LEVEL CAP OR 55. I second that. Your characters will just be jo fun gimped messes. Youll spend time learning and practicing skills and combos that womt even mater. Its counter productive. 

Just now, Twitchy said:

It's a hard cap like SEA launch. I'd rather have a lvl 55 hard than a 50. Even though you can still get to lvl 55 in a day with these exp rates. 50 is a joke.

Level 55 would be alright, that was the SEA cap. There aren't any preawakened skills past level 55. 50 is far too low.

29 minutes ago, Beond said:

Bad no reason

I'm not going to provide a reason to engage in an argument...simply put some folks don't want there to be a level cap and I comprehend why the game will launch with one.

1 minute ago, NewBlacksmurf said:

I'd ask that you remain respectful as I will to you.

I'm not new, stuck, misunderstanding, unclear on the certification process and actually have played the PC game for a while.

I just disagree with the ideas the reasons that a level cap is wrong, as well as I believe some overreactions and assumptions are being applied.

I see there is a lack of information to some extent but its not anything any of us need because we aren't making any decisions other than whether to buy and play or not.

Sure bud, but I am not the one that brought the disrespect.  So check yourself.

I felt that my original post was respectful and took a pretty logical stance on the situation.

You WILL miss out on at least a months worth of grinding exp even if its soft capped and small its something.  This is a fact.

You people keep saying that we cant change anything but thats because you guys just lay down and take it.  There are many games and cases where the players have made their point very clear and the devs, publishers, whoever usually will hear them out.  Just like the changes they made after beta lol.  I mean the camera issue is a great example.  Personally i didnt have any trouble with it but players spoke up and guess what? they removed it.  Thats just one example out of plenty.

Also the microsoft cert program has nothing to do with the pc version of this game lol. FYI.

I felt that my original post was respectful and took a pretty logical stance on the situation.

You WILL miss out on at least a months worth of grinding exp even if its soft capped and small its something.  This is a fact.

You people keep saying that we cant change anything but thats because you guys just lay down and take it.  There are many games and cases where the players have made their point very clear and the devs, publishers, whoever usually will hear them out.  Just like the changes they made after beta lol.  I mean the camera issue is a great example.  Personally i didnt have any trouble with it but players spoke up and guess what? they removed it.  Thats just one example out of plenty.

Also the microsoft cert program has nothing to do with the pc version of this game lol. FYI.

Hell tbh since level cap and gear cap is so low, all wel have to do is kill each other. Going red wont even matter because its so easy to get back to where you were gear wise and level wise. Its gunna be a murder zone out there  

Not having a higher level cap is a slap in the face. It may come “quickly” but with microsofts certification process on updates it wont be quick enough. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Kasai said:

Im disappointed you didnt mention Y hold.

On the topic,

I think the entire approach to this subject is somewhat wrong.

I've been trying to understand and follow on the issue due to the argument rising up in discord and later here.

I can honestly say that the issue isnt conveyed properly, no offense intended, and the entire topic is more of an opinionated conversation between a number of players.

I suggest presenting the facts properly in an organized matter, how it effects the playerbase, how can the issue be resolved in your opinion and maybe make a poll to understand how the community sees the entire situation.

I hope things will work out for the best for everyone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

Im disappointed you didnt mention Y hold.

On the topic,

I think the entire approach to this subject is somewhat wrong.

I've been trying to understand and follow on the issue due to the argument rising up in discord and later here.

I can honestly say that the issue isnt conveyed properly, no offense intended, and the entire topic is more of an opinionated conversation between a number of players.

I suggest presenting the facts properly in an organized matter, how it effects the playerbase, how can the issue be resolved in your opinion and maybe make a poll to understand how the community sees the entire situation.

I hope things will work out for the best for everyone.

That's what my original post was intended for. I laid out the abilities we miss out on with a level 50 cap and laid out the facts about the game that make a level cap a bad idea.