LordDante

What Server Are you playing on

Server  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What server you picking?.

1 hour ago, numnutz2005 said:

NA all the way. i heard EU servers die down usually like in eso and other games so even if i lived there i would be on NA.

BDO on pc its the opposite

PVP on NA has been dead for a long time, but it's alive and well on EU with weekly twitch siege podcasts for nearly 3 years

ESO is still active on eu, but that game is terrible for pvp

If you want to PVP in bdo, eu will be the best server for that, because many are coming from pc over to xbox here

NA will just be one big alliance that zerg the rest, gl with that until it kills all pvp on the server like they did on NA PC.

1 hour ago, numnutz2005 said:

NA all the way. i heard EU servers die down usually like in eso and other games so even if i lived there i would be on NA.

You wouldn't because the ping or connection issue will affect fighting.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PVPbdoEU said:

PVP on NA has been dead for a long time, but it's alive and well on EU with weekly twitch siege podcasts for nearly 3 years

If you want to PVP in bdo, eu will be the best server for that, because many are coming from pc over to xbox here

NA will just be one big alliance that zerg the rest, gl with that until it kills all pvp on the server like they did on NA PC.

I'm a new player can us na player's play on eu server without conhection issues? 

2 hours ago, sunstar said:

I'm a new player can us na player's play on eu server without conhection issues? 

I wouldn't recommend playing on the opposite region in general, since ping matters more in this game compared to other mmos because of the action combat, especially for dueling.

But slower classes like wiz/witch will be less impacted by the extra ping

On NA, they pvp by creating as much lag as possible to win, It's absolutely idiotic I know, but that's the meta they decided on NA since the beginning and it's why pvp sucks on NA compared to EU. If you're afraid of lag, sieges WILL lag on NA with a pvp culture like that unless they change it, because they will just throw lag on each other instead of tactics and fights.

So if you think of it like that, you will probably lag less if you play sieges on EU because the eu culture is different, and there are more balanced siege fights with tactics between guilds instead of the mentality to just cause lag with one big alliance and zerg to win.

Another recent problem on NA is that they can't kill world bosses on time before they despawn because too many people there don't know the mechanics of the boss fights and just fight blindly,  while on EU the world bosses are killed just fine because the EU server got more players that learned the mechanics. Pearl abyss patched it this week so the bosses take 25% more damage to make it easier for NA to catch up to EU, but this gives you a general idea of the NA vs EU playstyle.

What class are you going to play? Then I can better give you advice how much the ping will affect you. If you're from NA and decide to play EU instead, you will have an easier time getting good grinding spots at your 6pm-11pm evenings though, since most of eu will start to go to sleep then.

9 minutes ago, PVPbdoEU said:

I wouldn't recommend playing on the opposite region in general, since ping matters more in this game compared to other mmos because of the action combat, especially for dueling.

But slower classes like wiz/witch will be less impacted by the extra ping

On NA, they pvp by creating as much lag as possible to win, It's absolutely idiotic I know, but that's the meta they decided on NA since the beginning and it's why pvp sucks on NA compared to EU. If you're afraid of lag, sieges WILL lag on NA with a pvp culture like that unless they change it, because they will just throw lag on each other instead of tactics and fights.

So if you think of it like that, you will probably lag less if you play sieges on EU because the eu culture is different, and there are more balanced siege fights with tactics between guilds instead of the mentality to just cause lag with one big alliance and zerg to win.

Another recent problem on NA is that they can't kill world bosses on time before they despawn because too many people there don't know the mechanics of the boss fights and just fight blindly,  while on EU the world bosses are killed just fine because the EU server got more players that learned the mechanics. Pearl abyss patched it this week so the bosses take 25% more damage to make it easier for NA to catch up to EU, but this gives you a general idea of the NA vs EU playstyle.

What class are you going to play? Then I can better give you advice how much the ping will affect you. If you're from NA and decide to play EU instead, you will have an easier time getting good grinding spots at your 6pm-11pm evenings though, since most of eu will start to go to sleep then.

Well besides witch and wizard, possbly sorcores,mystic, and striker...first 2 def....friend doing archer,valkyrie, and dk 

27 minutes ago, sunstar said:

Well besides witch and wizard, possbly sorcores,mystic, and striker...first 2 def....friend doing archer,valkyrie, and dk 

well for witch and wizard you are in luck since they are the least ping dependant classes and slower, but for sorceress it will be noticable with higher ping.

for mystic and striker you could get away with it since they have lots of super armor and protection, but if you duel it will be noticable if you're both good and try to cc each other with high ping.

for valk and archer it depends very much on your playstyle, as you can sit back and snipe kills with archer and you'd be fine in sieges and nodes, while valk could have issues with desync on grab cc from higher ping, but its not the fastest class around so it would be manageable.

dk is mainly a dmg dealer, so they dont need to worry about grab desync, but they are fast paced like sorceress, so the ping would be noticable in duels if you're good.

If you're not a fan of the "zerg and create lag" culture of BDO on NA, then you will probably have a better time on EU where tactics are more valued and fights last longer, as you can see on twitch. The best sieges on twitch are usually EU based because of this. In terms of population on EU pc, it's very active and packed.

Edited by PVPbdoEU

7 hours ago, numnutz2005 said:

Damn, too bad we won't play together, good luck with some toxic people there though

13 hours ago, Daniel said:

Damn, too bad we won't play together, good luck with some toxic people there though

ya it does kinda suck. u can always switch to the dark side though ;).

3 hours ago, numnutz2005 said:

ya it does kinda suck. u can always switch to the dark side though ;).

It's already toxic on forums from one guild members on NA and also the ping sadly 

20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

It's already toxic on forums from one guild members on NA and also the ping sadly 

we shall see what happens with folks when the game drops. hopefully everyone plays together civilly but we wont know until the time comes unfortunately.

Gee game has not launched and we are already splintered to sides, shades, red players, karma bombers,guilds, servers....cannot get any worst can it?

18 minutes ago, sunstar said:

Gee game has not launched and we are already splintered to sides, shades, red players, karma bombers,guilds, servers....cannot get any worst can it?

Its life now a days.

Everyone picks a side and hiveminds Into their ideology, making anyone who differs in opinion in any way an enemy.

The west is in the brink of another civil war between sjws and functioning human brains.

Stupidity is rampant. People are afraid to talk because lives get ruined over phone calls, and the oppressed have become the oppressors.

All in all the scientists sit back and build our bomb shelters for the coming war.

Welcome to the US 2019.

The cancer is spreading.

Edited by Harming
  • Like 1

from my understanding of the news released bdo will handle characters on servers, like eso, does this mean you can play both servers at the same time?

Just now, Lucky5hot7 said:

from my understanding of the news released bdo will handle characters on servers, like eso, does this mean you can play both servers at the same time?

what I mean is are you locked to one server when you start or can you switch between them as I have friends on both that I would like to play with

I

On 1/16/2019 at 8:04 AM, numnutz2005 said:

I quoted wrong person wont edit, wish there was edit.....i think eu looks to be fun, i wish no lag...really wonder how world regions split up between 2 servers?

Edited by sunstar

On 1/16/2019 at 10:19 AM, PVPbdoEU said:

yeah thats why NA won the twitch con tourny xD

• Like 1

Ive always found the EU sieges funny and boring at the same time.. PVP on that server just seems so weird. Ive never been able to sit through an entire siege stream.  

On 1/23/2019 at 12:00 PM, Kasai said:

yeah thats why NA won the twitch con tourny xD

fo real

NA. Did see a guild mentioning they were shooting to have an even mix of players from EU and NA in their NA server guild. The idea was that they would have more guildies on at times when a pure NA player base guild might be all offline. I thought that was a brilliant way to avoid hopping on only to find you are the only one in your guild online because it’s 5 or 6 am where you are. 

19 hours ago, Rapucapu said:

What about ping on NA when u are EU its will be unplayable.

From playing on the beta from the EU, the game was playable but there was high ping at time, plus the fact they were testing server load, it was hard to say how bad or good it will be at release...